• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theytah's pretty pixels: Round Two!

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Whoa, sounds awesome...
Your entire tutorial series is pretty much THE "How-To" for Brawl Hacking at this rate.

By the way, would you recommend Blender at all as a model creation/editing program? Especially for our purposes with Brawl modding? It's pretty much the only one I have actual modeling experience in, although my knowledge is currently rather limited.

That, and 3DS Max is a bit pricey unless you download the trial, which is only 30 days. Or the student trial which is 3 years, but I'm not 'technically' a graphic arts student or anything, lol.
honestly just say you're a student, and the student trial doesnt check info well and can be updated every year so its technically free forever.

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
2015 or whatever is the newest one :p

Edit: Also got a new reflection shader working, quality is about to jump so high.
DANG. I don't even know what this costume is about but it looks awesome.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Very amazing work as always! :D

Quick question, what's the easiest way to make stock icons? I guess the better question would be how do you make your stock icons?
I have a photoshop template that auto-resizes screenshots from brawlbox so that all images I export are posed the exact same, it also lets me preview the images before i save them.

I'll release it once I find the time to make a tutorial for it.

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
How do you change the poses in Brawlbox? And I assume you're using the .pcs correct?

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
How do you change the poses in Brawlbox? And I assume you're using the .pcs correct?
.pac and .pcs are the same thing
I have an animation for texture (eye direction) and model (pose) stored in a brres file that I load for each costume, then i fullscreen so they're positioned the same.

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
Do you have one for every character? That would be extremely helpful for me.
Or, if you have the time / skills, a generator that creates them just by selecting a .pac or .pcs would be amazing.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Do you have one for every character? That would be extremely helpful for me.
Or, if you have the time / skills, a generator that creates them just by selecting a .pac or .pcs would be amazing.
The same one works for every character.

also, one more time, everyone from the top, all together now:

I don't code. :|

Narpas_sword

Ahhhh, The old "You do something with computers you must know all areas of computing".

Like when people ask me for networking help, and i'm like, uhhh, i studied software development.
"but it's still computers right"

.___.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Ahhhh, The old "You do something with computers you must know all areas of computing".

Like when people ask me for networking help, and i'm like, uhhh, i studied software development.
"but it's still computers right"

.___.
Or worse: "You do something with computers, you must know about phones, calculators, and biomechanic toaster ovens, eh?"

Flambo237

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flambo237
I have a photoshop template that auto-resizes screenshots from brawlbox so that all images I export are posed the exact same, it also lets me preview the images before i save them.

I'll release it once I find the time to make a tutorial for it.
me and my friends have a thing we call a csp bowl in which we have have a day to do a set of csps for a brawl vault hack. this week the challenge we have to use ...... Gimp for a ........ sonic. fan. character. help me

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
me and my friends have a thing we call a csp bowl in which we have have a day to do a set of csps for a brawl vault hack. this week the challenge we have to use ...... Gimp for a ........ sonic. fan. character. help me
I wish all my friends were into smash modding Q_Q

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
I've always thought samus looked a bit unrealistic compared to her other appearances in games.

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
I've always thought samus looked a bit unrealistic compared to her other appearances in games.
Oh man, I'm just now seeing this, but this excites me greatly. Brawl Samus looks too dated imo, and Smash 4/OM Samus is too plain. This is the best Samus design, and I am so glad to seeing a proper mod for it is in the works.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Oh man, I'm just now seeing this, but this excites me greatly. Brawl Samus looks too dated imo, and Smash 4/OM Samus is too plain. This is the best Samus design, and I am so glad to seeing a proper mod for it is in the works.
Im making an entire pack with all brawl/pm colors, metroid prime colors, some extra recolor styles, and bonus ones.
That samus model is also lower in filesize than default samus.

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
... Mark my words. When you release this, it will be downloaded on site. You hear me? ON SITE. ... Thank you. :awesome:

Until then...

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
Were you the one who got the pink gold metal Peach I requested some time ago added to PM? Could you tell me how to add it to other skins/models that were made before it? I made a thread a while back, but I don't think I got an answer.

Last edited:

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Were you the one who got the pink gold metal Peach I requested some time ago added to PM? Could you tell me how to add it to other skins/models that were made before it? I made a thread a while back, but I don't think I got an answer.
It was nanos idea to add it to PM, all you have to do is add a texture called Metal00 (I think thats the right name, check a metal material and see what it calls it) to the characters texturedata and itll use that texture instead of the default when they turn metal.

TriforceMaster64

Smash Rookie
Any chance we could get Batman over Snake or Captain Falcon? You can put this low on the priority list, but I think it'd be really cool. Regardless, the build is gonna be awesome.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
It was nanos idea to add it to PM, all you have to do is add a texture called Metal00 (I think thats the right name, check a metal material and see what it calls it) to the characters texturedata and itll use that texture instead of the default when they turn metal.
Does that only work for repeating textures? I'm looking at the metal texture, and it looks like it's called "Ref1", I was hoping to try the same with each of the costumes referencing a Melee design to correspond with a Melee metal texture.

Last edited:

LnktheWolf

Smash Rookie
Love your work Theytah, I've got some of your stuff on my build and my friends love them.

Not sure if you're still doing requests, but if so, what are the chances of Darunia over Dedede? Me and a friend were playing Hyrule Warriors yesterday and it just suddenly popped into my mind how cool it would be to have Darunia over D3 with the Megaton hammer and everything. If you're not taking requests then you can ignore this. Thanks.

Obskore

Smash Ace
Love your work Theytah, I've got some of your stuff on my build and my friends love them.

Not sure if you're still doing requests, but if so, what are the chances of Darunia over Dedede? Me and a friend were playing Hyrule Warriors yesterday and it just suddenly popped into my mind how cool it would be to have Darunia over D3 with the Megaton hammer and everything. If you're not taking requests then you can ignore this. Thanks.
that's actually a good idea, but not necessarily on just this thread, but concept-wise

Top Bottom