• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theytah's pretty pixels: Round Two!

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
rad stage, theytah! I haven't had a chance to download it yet, but is it easy to apply texture packs to? I know a Steve character mod uses the minecraft templates for his skin, so I was curious!
Just took a look at the stage, If you go into Arc 2>TextureData[0], You'll find the Minecraft textures of the stage. All you have to do is find the corresponding texture in your pack, then replace it. For animated textures, like the sun, moon, and water, you'll need to find the file in the pack, then take apart the image for each frame. I know it'll work for a 16x16 pack, but I'm not sure what would happen if you put larger images...

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Just took a look at the stage, If you go into Arc 2>TextureData[0], You'll find the Minecraft textures of the stage. All you have to do is find the corresponding texture in your pack, then replace it. For animated textures, like the sun, moon, and water, you'll need to find the file in the pack, then take apart the image for each frame. I know it'll work for a 16x16 pack, but I'm not sure what would happen if you put larger images...
It'd still work :p

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
Theytah, this one guy LilRobot1 on twitch has been porting Splatoon models for SFM, which uses the same engine as TF2. Maybe this may help with "Kids and Squids" on the list?

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Theytah, this one guy LilRobot1 on twitch has been porting Splatoon models for SFM, which uses the same engine as TF2. Maybe this may help with "Kids and Squids" on the list?
Splatoon is nowhere near the top of my priority list right now but I'll check it out, thanks for the help :)

Pizza_Prez

Smash Rookie
Hey thanks! That's super neat.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
A Katana for Marth would be super cool for a Lyn model.

Will Samurai Marth be based off of actual Samurai or will they take inspiration from the Myrmidons and Swordmasters of FE?

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Just out of curiosity, could you post a short, preliminary list of what you're working on or will be working on soon? I see from the OP that requests have really piled up recently (like wow this got a ton of attention) so it'd just be cool to know what to expect soon.

EDIT: And on a very, very quick request note, could you make alt stage portraits for your HD Kongo Jungle 64 and Yoshi's Story 64 stages?

Last edited:

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Just out of curiosity, could you post a short, preliminary list of what you're working on or will be working on soon? I see from the OP that requests have really piled up recently (like wow this got a ton of attention) so it'd just be cool to know what to expect soon.

EDIT: And on a very, very quick request note, could you make alt stage portraits for your HD Kongo Jungle 64 and Yoshi's Story 64 stages?
A lot of it is PM stuff so I can't exactly post that :p

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
If you can get the time to, I doubt anyone making the Unofficial Ridley would mind having a proper announcer for the mod; so I'll put in a request for a Project Monolith pack with a Ridley call over Pit's. It's really one of the few things the mod has left to finish that can be done. :p

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
Hi, I tried your polygon kirby texture and when I use it Kirby lights up like a disco ball on some stages and his eyes never really appear its mostly black

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Hi, I tried your polygon kirby texture and when I use it Kirby lights up like a disco ball on some stages and his eyes never really appear its mostly black
thats why I have the file reported on brawl vault, to show that it has errors and is not complete.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I believe the proper phrase is "ftfy"? It's what the kids say nowadays.
Kirby lights up like a disco ball on some stages
How is that a bad thing.
I could bring it back from the Source Engine to a more compatible format, whenever you want, Lord Theytah.

Last edited:

Dranakar

Smash Apprentice
Hey Theytah! Awesome stuff you put out ^^
I have a request.
I have tried to make it myself but failed, but this is one of my dream skins. Chibiterasu or Amaterasu for Ivy!
It just seems to good a match. I mean, for the bud you would use the solar disk. And for whips use "fire" or chains.
I even found a model and got it ported to 3ds Max. Even got as far as porting Ivy's bones into max as well, but that was were i got stuck.
I could send you the files if you are interested :)

Juken

Smash Ace
Can I request a Galacta knight that's true to how he looks in return to dreamland, meaning no cape, HIS sword, and his shield and mask?
Wasn't there already a galacta knight with everything you've listed in Theytah's build? I know that I had one in my old personal build that was basically structured from being his build to my own.

Vinci2000

Smash Cadet
Theytah i have requests, how about a model fix for Shantae V2 over Zelda because she looks ugly, make Shantae look more like the Smashified, also do Striker Peach from Super Mario Strikers (aka Mario Smash Football), Isabelle from Animal Crossing, Inkling and Octoling from Splatoon.

Last edited:

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Guys, I'm pretty sure Theytah's not taking any requests until he finishes with the pretty extreme list he already has. I'd just give him some time for now.

SCBow

Smash Rookie
Similar to Marth's Sigurd armor, could you put Ephraim (protagonist from Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones) clothes/armor on Roy? Thanks!

Draco_The

Smash Lord
How would I go about making your Melee Kongo Jungle an alt for Jungle Japes? Or is that something impossible to do?

I just had to edit the .rel file included in the download of the stage following this guide.

Last edited:

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Hey Theytah! Thanks so much for all the work you do. I'm using almost all of your skins and stages.

I messaged you on Brawl Vault about this, but just feel free to respond to whichever you see first.

I really really love your Classic Kirby skin. I installed it over my greyscale Kirby in Project M 3.6. It worked perfect for a while, but recently while I was playing single player, I began fighting a Kirby team and as soon as he spawned, my game crashed and I got the buzz of death.

Then yesterday a friend was trying to use that specfic skin and it would spawn with Kirby's arms in the "T" position, facing forward, unable to move or be hit. Players passed through him as well. Then, when I would exit out of the match, the game would crash and I get the buzz of death again.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this? I've tested everything else and this is the only skin I'm having problems with.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Theytah i have requests, how about a model fix for Shantae V2 over Zelda because she looks ugly, make Shantae look more like the Smashified, also do Striker Peach from Super Mario Strikers (aka Mario Smash Football), Isabelle from Animal Crossing, Inkling and Octoling from Splatoon.
jesus christ calm down, once I finish a fraction of what I'm working on I'll add this to the list.

Guys, I'm pretty sure Theytah's not taking any requests until he finishes with the pretty extreme list he already has. I'd just give him some time for now.
this pls.

Similar to Marth's Sigurd armor, could you put Ephraim (protagonist from Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones) clothes/armor on Roy? Thanks!
I'll add it to the list, but armor isnt easy to make so dont expect anything soon :p

Hey Theytah! Thanks so much for all the work you do. I'm using almost all of your skins and stages.

I messaged you on Brawl Vault about this, but just feel free to respond to whichever you see first.

I really really love your Classic Kirby skin. I installed it over my greyscale Kirby in Project M 3.6. It worked perfect for a while, but recently while I was playing single player, I began fighting a Kirby team and as soon as he spawned, my game crashed and I got the buzz of death.

Then yesterday a friend was trying to use that specfic skin and it would spawn with Kirby's arms in the "T" position, facing forward, unable to move or be hit. Players passed through him as well. Then, when I would exit out of the match, the game would crash and I get the buzz of death again.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this? I've tested everything else and this is the only skin I'm having problems with.
no idea, is it all classic kirbys or just one? if its just one I'd port the texture from the one you want onto a working model and rename it.

poly kirby is broken, I already reported it myself till i get to fixing it.

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
no idea, is it all classic kirbys or just one? if its just one I'd port the texture from the one you want onto a working model and rename it.
That's actually a good idea! I'll try that. As far as I have tested it's just the greyscale Kirby, but I haven't tested all of them. Thank you so much for everything you do for the Brawl/PM modding community. I know it can be frustrating sometimes, but me and my friends really appreciate it.

Last edited:

Depressedzombieluigi

Smash Apprentice
Hey Theytah! I have a request (you don't have to do it since your busy right now if you don't want to but I'd really appreciate it): can you make a alternate costume for Ganondorf based off this? http://i.imgur.com/UKv43.png It's Ganondorf's concept art for his would-be appearance in Oracle of Ages/Seasons. You would also have to add a black cape to this model so it won't look weird when he uses his Neutral Special in Project M. I would literally orgasm if I could play as this version of Ganon in Project M. I know you're busy making tons of other stuff right now so please take your time, I'll wait. And I appreciate what you do for the PM community, keep up the good work!!!

EDIT: Never mind, I think someone else already asked Theytah to start working on it

Last edited:

blerb

Smash Journeyman
He just said he isn't taking any more requests, literally two posts above yours.

Also your request would look hella jank on Ganon.

Last edited:

Depressedzombieluigi

Smash Apprentice
He just said he isn't taking any more requests, literally two posts above yours.

Also your request would look hella jank on Ganon.
I know he won't be taking any more requests, so that's why I said he could do it after he finishes his other stuff first and that he doesn't have to if he doesn't want to.

Also, did you mean "jank" in a bad way or a good way?

Last edited:

blerb

Smash Journeyman
It's still silly and rude to make a request when he just finished saying he won't take any more, regardless of everything else you've said.

A bad way. His trenchcoat and collar wouldn't animate well at all.

Depressedzombieluigi

Smash Apprentice
It's still silly and rude to make a request when he just finished saying he won't take any more, regardless of everything else you've said.

A bad way. His trenchcoat and collar wouldn't animate well at all.

Well technically, I just found out someone already made the same request to theytah in the previous page, so it doesn't really matter anymore.

And I disagree, I think the trenchcoat and collar make him look cool.

Obskore

Smash Ace
Well technically, I just found out someone already made the same request to theytah in the previous page, so it doesn't really matter anymore.

And I disagree, I think the trenchcoat and collar make him look cool.
that's not the question, but that he's saying that it might look awkward with the standard rigging that it would require, causing problems such as bad model bends and clipping

blerb

Smash Journeyman
Not even that it might look bad, it WILL look bad. Rigging a trench coat that awkwardly tight will just not work with Ganon's default bonetree, same goes for the collar.

Depressedzombieluigi

Smash Apprentice
Not even that it might look bad, it WILL look bad. Rigging a trench coat that awkwardly tight will just not work with Ganon's default bonetree, same goes for the collar.
I wonder what Theytah thinks about this. He would probably know if this is possible or not.

Depressedzombieluigi

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
OK, small rant below:

So i recently discovered this thread yesterday, and when I found out it was a thread where you could request any costume of your choice and a PMBR member would make it for you for free, I was ecstatic. The one thing I always wanted was a concept art costume for Ganondorf based off the Oracle games, and now I could finally have it! Then I noticed that I couldn't make a request because recently, Theytah has been swamped with other requests. "OK, that's fair enough" I thought, until I looked through all the previous pages and realized: EVERY REQUEST ON THIS THREAD IS F****** RIDICULOUS! No really, Hoodie Ganon, Egadd Olimar, Anna Roy, Mega Swampert Donkey Kong, Slurpuff Jigglypuff, Lana Zelda? WTF? You guys are wasting Poor Theytah's time with this stupid sh**? There should really be a set of guidelines to follow if someone wants to make a request so that way Theytah can focus on more reasonable alts. And before you call me a hypocrite, I'm asking for something that makes sense here (concept art for Ganondorf) while other people are asking for freaking Captain Falcon in a goddamn suit and tie. RANT OVER

Last edited:
Top Bottom