• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theory on yet unrevealed characters and the WiiU/Future Unannounced DLC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well one thing is odd to me

Why did sakurai start with 3 secret characters i exspected him to start with one.

Another sign to me more room to show more before the end of 2014 (if there are temporary wii u exclusive characters.)

Because it would be 1 character a week if its all the way to the end of the year if only 1 was shown.)

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
With the update on the official SSB4 website Ness had been added with pics of the returning Onett stage. While this one was on this leak, it was a somewhat safe guess, BUT another past stage mentioned in this leak was shown is a more discreet manner:

"But it's just Town and City!" No, actually it looks more like Smashville than Town and City, two pics of those respective stages for the sake of comparison:

Look at the background building in the left, the small wall and the rod above Kirby, and last but not least the ground coloring, it definitely looks more like Smashville than Town and City. Sure, some background houses are unrecognizable in Wario's pic, but the returning stages are probably going to be redone a little, Villager has to go from behind the rope after all. It wasn't really an obvious guess because with Town and City a lot of people including myself didn't see the point of bringing back Smashville, but yeah the analogy with both Pokémon Stadiums in Brawl makes sense.

While I'm not going to fully believe the leak for the benefit of the doubt, the way how the stage list looks very plausible gives it some credits for me. The Tower of Smash leak sounds cool, but I'm worried about how there are one hundred battles to do, I hope we can save our progression. The additional character list lets me indifferent, I'm fine with the current roster and I don't care much about who joins the battle by 3DS-Wii U connection/DLCs/whatever, except Rayman and maybe Mewtwo, and I'm going to believe that Ridley is a stage boss (unfortunately) until proven otherwise.
Wow, good eye! I would've NEVER noticed that on the website. The ToS leak is slowly gaining back my trust. It's starting to actually kind of make sense.

Mewtwo, Ridley, and Dixie. All of them are characters the fans have been wanting to see for a long time. Chorus Men...not really, but they're just a bonus character who probably needed more time to be finished for the 3DS version.

Impa. Impa makes a TON of sense. I know everybody doesn't really give two craps about Impa, but the leak specifically stated that she combines Sheik's agility and Zelda's magic or whatever. Now that character transformations are gone, people who used to play Zelda/Sheik can move on to Impa. This makes so much sense! I could see why the developers would want to create a character such as her. "But what about a character that combines the abilities of ZSS/Samus?!" First of all, no character like that exists. Second, ZSS was only playable if you used Samus' final smash in Brawl. Not a lot of people used her until they did so. Zelda and Sheik have been transformations since Melee. To make sort of a "middle-ground" character for them combining both of their abilities makes sense. And so now we have Impa.

And finally, the Tower of Smash itself. The 3DS version has Smash Run. The Wii U version has this. Most people hate on the Tower of Smash because they think it sounds way too complicated. Um...not really. Smash Run is WAY more hectic. The ToS only sounds complicated because of the way it was explained (writing down all the mechanics for something on paper is hard). I'm sure when you play it for the first time it will be MUCH easier to understand. But anyway, yes, this mode makes a lot of sense. With the Subspace Emissary gone (and any kind of spiritual successor), a lot of bosses wouldn't be in the game. But people like fighting bosses, so this mode was created. Climbing all the floors of the tower and fighting characters and bosses sounds awesome! This sounds exactly like the kinda mode Sakurai would make.

There is one more thing I want to talk about concerning the ToS leak. It mentions Mega Man content a lot. I know a lot of people would mostly dismiss this as "oh, whoever wrote that fake leak was probably just a fan of Mega Man." I don't think so. Mega Man hasn't really gotten a lot of love in Smash, except for just an Assist Trophy (Elecman or whatever) and the same stage on both versions of the game. Having the boss rush styled after the Mega Man game's boss rush makes a lot of sense. Mega Man also apparently has a boss for him in the ToS, the Mecha Dragon.

Everything is starting to come together. This leak is starting to sound REALLY...uh, real. I mean, just sit back and think about it for a bit.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Wow, good eye! I would've NEVER noticed that on the website. The ToS leak is slowly gaining back my trust. It's starting to actually kind of make sense.

Mewtwo, Ridley, and Dixie. All of them are characters the fans have been wanting to see for a long time. Chorus Men...not really, but they're just a bonus character who probably needed more time to be finished for the 3DS version.

Impa. Impa makes a TON of sense. I know everybody doesn't really give two craps about Impa, but the leak specifically stated that she combines Sheik's agility and Zelda's magic or whatever. Now that character transformations are gone, people who used to play Zelda/Sheik can move on to Impa. This makes so much sense! I could see why the developers would want to create a character such as her. "But what about a character that combines the abilities of ZSS/Samus?!" First of all, no character like that exists. Second, ZSS was only playable if you used Samus' final smash in Brawl. Not a lot of people used her until they did so. Zelda and Sheik have been transformations since Melee. To make sort of a "middle-ground" character for them combining both of their abilities makes sense. And so now we have Impa.

And finally, the Tower of Smash itself. The 3DS version has Smash Run. The Wii U version has this. Most people hate on the Tower of Smash because they think it sounds way too complicated. Um...not really. Smash Run is WAY more hectic. The ToS only sounds complicated because of the way it was explained (writing down all the mechanics for something on paper is hard). I'm sure when you play it for the first time it will be MUCH easier to understand. But anyway, yes, this mode makes a lot of sense. With the Subspace Emissary gone (and any kind of spiritual successor), a lot of bosses wouldn't be in the game. But people like fighting bosses, so this mode was created. Climbing all the floors of the tower and fighting characters and bosses sounds awesome! This sounds exactly like the kinda mode Sakurai would make.

There is one more thing I want to talk about concerning the ToS leak. It mentions Mega Man content a lot. I know a lot of people would mostly dismiss this as "oh, whoever wrote that fake leak was probably just a fan of Mega Man." I don't think so. Mega Man hasn't really gotten a lot of love in Smash, except for just an Assist Trophy (Elecman or whatever) and the same stage on both versions of the game. Having the boss rush styled after the Mega Man game's boss rush makes a lot of sense. Mega Man also apparently has a boss for him in the ToS, the Mecha Dragon.

Everything is starting to come together. This leak is starting to sound REALLY...uh, real. I mean, just sit back and think about it for a bit.
I support this.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Reminder

Break the targets may be wii u exclusive as well since its looking like they are all getting custom coarses again from 64 and melee

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I didnt make the signature :S I just use it.
I know, I just don't really see a shoddy character like him being deserving of returning. I do want to see Mewtwo back however (Assuming that the Tower of Smash leak is true). Also, seeing some Endless Ocean representation in Smash would be the best idea ever since we never had an underwater stage before.

Edit: Zipzo is here. :/

Last edited:

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
I know, I just don't really see a shoddy character like him being deserving of returning. I do want to see Mewtwo back however (Assuming that the Tower of Smash leak is true). Also, seeing some Endless Ocean representation in Smash would be the best idea ever since we never had an underwater stage before.

Edit: Zipzo is here. :/
If we ever see the Endless Ocean on a POTD, we'll know instantly that the leak is true. Same thing goes for the Tower of Smash itself, and even the Challenges page for that matter.

Heck, anything can confirm or deconfirm this leak.

D

Deleted member 245254

It doesn't make too much sense to tease a boss, who is among the most requested characters for a frickin YEAR.
Are you trying to start the Ridley thread in here?

It's been covered many times mate...

Mentioning his presence vaguely in one POTD, then showing his shadow in the April direct while talking about "other bosses" showing up =|= "teasing" Ridley "for a year" in any dimension or universe where the word "teasing" exists.

Last edited by a moderator:

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
Another reason I want this to be true is because it'd mean that they did listen to fan demand and just have been holding it off for so long to help hype the Wii U version which needs more help than the 3DS. I know the roster has good choices, but franchises like DK being shafted completely on the 3DS version and then not commenting on characters like Ridley or Mewtwo at all just bothers me. If they really aren't in don't give people false hope by not being straightforward. Heck, Sakurai telling someone they were thinking about bringing Mewtwo back when he was merely in the crowd when someone asked a completely different person about him to not deliver? That seems really unlike Sakurai.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Are you trying to start the Ridley thread in here?

It's been covered many times mate...

Mentioning his presence vaguely in one POTD, then showing his shadow in the April direct while talking about "other bosses" showing up =|= "teasing" Ridley "for a year" in any dimension or universe where the word "teasing" exists.
Uhh, yes it does. Also, this about the "unrevealed characters". Ridley is rumored among them, thus topical. -_-

Come on Zipzo, I know you're smarter than that.

Last edited:

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Uhh, yes it does. Also, this about the "unrevealed characters". Ridley is rumored among them, thus topical. -_-

He just wanted to show how anti ridley he is lol.

D

Deleted member

The thing about Ridley, though, is that he has precedence in Smash. And that precedence is as a giant boss. I'm not saying it's impossible for Sakurai to change that and make him playable, I just think many people put their own desires above the facts presented, which are that he was hinted at as a stage boss. Period.

Changing the subject, there is really only one thing I don't like about the Tower of Smash rumor, and that is how the secret characters are obtained: linking a 3DS to a Wii U. I think this is utterly senseless. I own a Wii U but have no plans or desires to get a 3DS. Would Sakurai really make people like me have to purchase an entire (handheld) console just to play as a few characters? And likewise for those who only own a 3DS.
Unless I missed something and the 'leak' said this is only one way of obtaining the characters, and the other way is to just purchase them via normal DLC, in which case maybe that would make sense.

And it would make sense for characters like Mewtwo and Dixie, etc. to be DLC characters since DLC usually = fan service.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
The thing about Ridley, though, is that he has precedence in Smash. And that precedence is as a giant boss. I'm not saying it's impossible for Sakurai to change that and make him playable, I just think many people put their own desires above the facts presented, which are that he was hinted at as a stage boss. Period.

/quote]
Here's another fact, he has not been confirmed as a stage boss... This is something everyone should remember. No one is saying he is guaranteed playable, only that its foolish to state he is a stage boss before he has even been officially confirmed as one.

YT123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Olaf551
3DS FC
5069-4175-0996

Changing the subject, there is really only one thing I don't like about the Tower of Smash rumor, and that is how the secret characters are obtained: linking a 3DS to a Wii U. I think this is utterly senseless. I own a Wii U but have no plans or desires to get a 3DS. Would Sakurai really make people like me have to purchase an entire (handheld) console just to play as a few characters? And likewise for those who only own a 3DS.
Unless I missed something and the 'leak' said this is only one way of obtaining the characters, and the other way is to just purchase them via normal DLC, in which case maybe that would make sense.

And it would make sense for characters like Mewtwo and Dixie, etc. to be DLC characters since DLC usually = fan service.
No, all characters are on the Wii U but not on the 3DS according to this leak. By connecting the 3DS to the Wii U you can transfer the missing characters to the 3DS.

Werner Herzog

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jack_Sjunior
3DS FC
1864-9302-8583
Little Mac also had precedence in the series - as an assist trophy.

Whatever rules anybody makes up for Smash based on previous games' character usage, implied teases, or quotes from Sakurai from a year+ ago - just torch them. They mean nothing and have no validity. There are no rules. There never were any. If there is day one DLC that's been planned for months then nobody should be surprised. If (and this is hypothetical for the point's sake, not an actual theory), Ridley WAS a stage boss in April when a direct was made and since then Sakurai said "you know what, screw it, let's make him a character now, we'll just make him DLC"... what exactly is stopping him? He's a human being, and human beings change their mind all the time. Especially when they're the boss.

If the leak was true, there would be more than one way to get the DLC I'm sure. That the alleged leaker didn't give more details is actually more realistic - not everybody involved in the game's production would need to know Nintendo's plans for marketing and distribution months beforehand.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Little Mac also had precedence in the series - as an assist trophy.

Whatever rules anybody makes up for Smash based on previous games' character usage, implied teases, or quotes from Sakurai from a year+ ago - just torch them. They mean nothing and have no validity. There are no rules. There never were any. If there is day one DLC that's been planned for months then nobody should be surprised. If (and this is hypothetical for the point's sake, not an actual theory), Ridley WAS a stage boss in April when a direct was made and since then Sakurai said "you know what, screw it, let's make him a character now, we'll just make him DLC"... what exactly is stopping him? He's a human being, and human beings change their mind all the time. Especially when they're the boss.

If the leak was true, there would be more than one way to get the DLC I'm sure. That the alleged leaker didn't give more details is actually more realistic - not everybody involved in the game's production would need to know Nintendo's plans for marketing and distribution months beforehand.
This.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
This is starting to turn into a Ridley thread. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Ridley, and he's relevant to the leak, but these endless arguments never go anywhere but lock town. I would suggest we talk about all of the other content of the leak instead of just exclusively debating whether Ridley is playable. The great Ridley debate has been going on continuously for about 7 years at this point, nobody is going to make a point that hasn't already been made. Either he's in or he's out. If he's in, the detractors can help themselves to a nice plate of crow. If he's out, then that's punishment enough for Ridley fans, it doesn't need to be rubbed in our faces.

Geez, let it go already
I don't get comments like these. You literally came to this thread and made one post, just to give people a hard time. People will believe what they want to believe, why is that a problem for you?

Tumbleweed Tuner

Smash Apprentice
We ridley need to stop talking about Ridley before the mods think we went ridley off topic. I mean, I ridley like Ridley, but I ridley don't want to see this thread get locked. Ridley is ridley good at derailing. Though ridley, I might be over exaggerating.

Anyway, I hope to see more of this detailed analysis of the leaks so far. Also, interesting note about Ridley's wings, they folded up very thin like in the manga. Also, Ridley has lost his wings in a fight with Samus before. Maybe he starts off with torn up wings and regenerates them in order to fly? A weakness could be that enough damage tears his wings up, and he has to wait before he can regenerate them again.

Last edited:

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
We ridley need to stop talking about Ridley before the mods think we went ridley off topic. I mean, I ridley like Ridley, but I ridley don't want to see this thread get locked. Ridley is ridley good at derailing. Though ridley, I might be over exaggerating.

Anyway, I hope to see more of this detailed analysis of the leaks so far. Also, interesting note about Ridley's wings, they folded up very thin like in the manga. Also, Ridley has lost his wings in a fight with Samus before. Maybe he starts off with torn up wings and regenerates them in order to fly? A weakness could be that enough damage tears his wings up, and he has to wait before he can regenerate them again.
lol wtf you said we have to stop talking about it and you just talked more about it....

D

Deleted member 245254

It really doesn't.

Also, I'm rooting for DLC/Wii U release characters, because if it turns out true and Mewtwo actually is in the game, you have no idea the type of victory poses I will be flashing at the community.

Tumbleweed Tuner

Smash Apprentice
lol wtf you said we have to stop talking about it and you just talked more about it....
Yeah..... but it is out of my system.

Chorus Men, however, I have not talked much about. Personally, the reason Chorus Men would make a worthy contribution to Smash is because they would bring along their music. If they function like Rosalina and Luma, by lined next to each other sideways (so you are really only controlling one, but it looks like all of them are hitting at once), I think this would be the best way to go about it. The very fact that Sneaky Spirit is in Smash Run and no other enemies from unrepresented series (save for ice climbers), makes me think Chorus Men were at least in development. Since Sneaky Spirit is rather unimportant in Smash Run, if Chorus Men were cut, it would be easy to cut Sneaky Spirit as well.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I have an in depth theory about the possible characters unlocked via Wii U or DLC. I will be doing this in parts.

Part 1 :wolf: Part 2:mewtwopm: Part 3:lucas: Part 4 :popo: Part 5 Impa Part 6 Chorus kids Part 7 Dixie and Part 8 The big finale, The big guy.

But first, Let's take a break from the tower of smash and discuss another theory really quick. One that so many discarded early.
:wolf::lucas::mewtwopm: leak. Sorry don't have the picture at the moment

I think this one has some reasoning and flaws. The trophy models are simply lower rendered versions of the official artwork the characters have. If the artwork isn't detailed enough than its fake, but even if this and the tower of smash leak are fake, theses characters could still be unlocked by unlocking them normally on the Wii U and then linking the 3ds to unlock them there.
Part 1 :wolf:
Wolf is my second main in brawl so I've been devoting a lot of my analyzing power towards thinking up ways he could be included as well as digging up the necessary evidence. The one thing that bothered me about the Tower of smash is that Wolf wasn't mentioned. Out of all the currently cut characters Wolf deserves to be in this game the most ( Sorry Mewtwo, but you were a close second.) reasons why include the Star Wolf / Sector Z song, and the fact that Wolf has a unique move set. Plus he's from brawl so it should be easier to put him in versus Mewtwo. His exclusion also makes no sense. Wolf is very relevant, plus Star Fox is getting a new game on the Wii U. ( This is only a rumor, but Lylat Cruise is rumored to be returning Can't have Lylat Cruise without Wolf being playable that would be so wrong and mean of Sakurai. Will edit when new info comes) Namco also made Star Fox Assault,but so far only a stage is based on the game and Wolf's trophy.
This right here is what has been driving me into insanity.
The only major red flags I see with this model are no blaster holster, reflector, and a detail downgrade from his brawl look.

Why the downgrade. The possible scenarios include
1. He was cut from the beginning or early on thus having no need for a playable character quality model. This I don't think is accurate. Sakurai wouldn't cut a character like Wolf early on. Toon Link was planned to come back so that means the clone argument is invalid.
2. The look contributed to brawl's T rating. Its possibly mainly because of the claws.
3. It strayed to far from his non smash bros official artwork. This is possible. Plus he seems to have more expression with his assault look.

Adding to that theory Namco made Assault so having Wolf with his assault look isn't so bad. Ike doesn't have the same look in this game that he had in brawl.
4. Its a trophy of his assault look. The only problem here is that Fox and Falco don't have trophies of their looks from assault and command like in brawl.
5. This is an alternate costume/ ex trophy and had the description and name changed when Sakurai Wolf wouldn't be finished in time for the 3ds release, meaning his brawl look will be his default look. Or it could be vice verse. Wario has costumes that differ greatly from each other.

So why can't Wolf have his pure assault look as an alt assuming that's the reason.
6. It's a place holder for his real smash bros look. It could be his unfinished model.Just a thought.

Verdict:
I think either 3,6 or 5 is correct. Wolf is too big a character to cut, especially now that clones in the form of Dr. Mario, Lucina, and Dark Pit are playable. Plus its just boring to have just Fox and Falco and no Wolf. What fun is that? Its possible too that he got some new moves plus he could just spawn a blaster out of thin air. I think he's highly likely for DLC if not playable via the Wii U. They could be working on his codecs. ( As of this post I haven't seen the credits so I don't know if Wolf's voice actor is in there. If he is it could hint towards a playable Wolf. Will edit this when I get the info.)

Evidence hinting towards playable via Wii U or DLC: Popular character. Exclusion would be very unjustified. Has an original moveset. He's a villain/ antihero and we wanted those in ssb4. Relevant character. Star Fox is getting a new game on Wii U. Shouldn't have any technical difficulties. Pretty straight forward character to create, Heavy, hard hitting, falls fast, and is bad***. He could have some new moves. Could spawn blaster and reflector out of thin air ( if he still has those moves). If his brawl look is gone and his new look is the one from the trophy, his fur looks detailed enough ( from what I can tell and by comparing him to Fox's trophy) to be of playable character quality. His teeth show( just like in brawl) His voice actor from Star Fox 64 3D Jaz Adams is in the credits. His brawl voice actor Jay Ward is in the credits hinting at Lylat cruise's return.

Unconfirmed Evidence that could hint at him being playable via Wii U or DLC: Someone hacked the game and found Wolf's victory chant. A different hacker found all the texture files, Playable characters have 100 textures, Wolf has 7( in comparison, Mewtwo and Lucas have 3 each) thus hinting at the fact that he was at least planned to be playable. Lylat Cruise returns with none of its codecs altered. Wolf having a different voice actor from possible 64 3d or assault, More so 64 3d than assault.

Evidence that he might not be playable: The trophy of Wolf. ( if having a trophy deconfirms you permanently than that's just sad mean and weak of Sakurai). The trophy not being detailed enough to be a smash bros playable character model, No blaster holster, reflector ( minor), and none of the stuff he had in brawl. Fox has a move similar to Wolf's side b as a custom move ( the clone say hi) Falco's new back air is just like Wolf's ( Really Falco I though you didn't want to be a semi clone anymore).

Unconfirmed evidence that could prove that he's not playable: Sakurai flat out says he's never coming back ( those his thoughts could easily be changed when he sees how many fans are angry at his decision. He would then begin work on Wolf. )Again this is not official. Lylat Cruise returns, but its codecs are altered to not reference Wolf being playable. Wolf not having a different voice actor from brawl ( debatable). Wolf not having any voice actor at all. ( his voice actors from 64 3d and brawl are in the credits the question is if they are voicing Wolf).

All unconfirmed evidence is not official. When confirmed evidence will be moved to appropriate category. When deconfirmed evidence will be edited out.

Closing Statement:
I won't rest until Wolf's playable in smash bros 3ds and smash bros Wii U.

next time Part 2:mewtwopm:

Last edited:

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
I have an in depth theory about the possible characters unlocked via Wii U or DLC. I will be doing this in parts.

Part 1 :wolf: Part 2:mewtwopm: Part 3:lucas: Part 4 :popo: Part 5 Impa Part 6 Chorus kids Part 7 Dixie and Part 8 The big finale, The big guy.

But first, Let's take a break from the tower of smash and discuss another theory really quick. One that so many discarded early.

I think this one has some reasoning and flaws. The trophy models are simply lower rendered versions of the official artwork the characters have. If the artwork isn't detailed enough than its fake, but even if this and the tower of smash leak are fake, theses characters could still be unlocked by unlocking them normally on the Wii U and then linking the 3ds to unlock them there.
Wolf is my second main in brawl so I've been devoting a lot of my analyzing power towards thinking up ways he could be included as well as digging up the necessary evidence. The one thing that bothered me about the Tower of smash is that Wolf wasn't mentioned. Out of all the currently cut characters Wolf deserves to be in this game the most ( Sorry Mewtwo, but you were a close second.) reasons why include the Star Wolf / Sector Z song, and the fact that Wolf has a unique move set. Plus he's from brawl so it should be easier to put him in versus Mewtwo. His exclusion also makes no sense. Wolf is very relevant, plus Star Fox is getting a new game on the Wii U. ( This is only a rumor, but Lylat Cruise is rumored to be returning Can't have Lylat Cruise without Wolf being playable that would be so wrong and mean of Sakurai. Will edit when new info comes) Namco also made Star Fox Assault,but so far only a stage is based on the game and Wolf's trophy.
The only major red flags I see with this model are no blaster holster, reflector, and a detail downgrade from his brawl look.

1. He was cut from the beginning or early on thus having no need for a playable character quality model. This I don't think is accurate. Sakurai wouldn't cut a character like Wolf early on. Toon Link was planned to come back so that means the clone argument is invalid.
2. The look contributed to brawl's T rating. Its possibly mainly because of the claws.
3. It strayed to far from his non smash bros official artwork. This is possible. Plus he seems to have more expression with his assault look.

Adding to that theory Namco made Assault so having Wolf with his assault look isn't so bad. Ike doesn't have the same look in this game that he had in brawl.
4. Its a trophy of his assault look. The only problem here is that Fox and Falco don't have trophies of their looks from assault and command like in brawl.
5. This is an alternate costume/ ex trophy and had the description and name changed when Sakurai Wolf wouldn't be finished in time for the 3ds release, meaning his brawl look will be his default look. Or it could be vice verse. Wario has costumes that differ greatly from each other.

So why can't Wolf have his pure assault look as an alt assuming that's the reason.

Verdict:
I think either 3 or 5 is correct. Wolf is too big a character to cut, especially now that clones in the form of Dr. Mario, Lucina, and Dark Pit are playable. Plus its just boring to have just Fox and Falco and no Wolf. What fun is that? Its possible too that he got some new moves plus he could just spawn a blaster out of thin air. I think he's highly likely for DLC if not playable via the Wii U. They could be working on his codecs. ( As of this post I haven't seen the credits so I don't know if Wolf's voice actor is in there. If he is it could hint towards a playable Wolf. Will edit this when I get the info.)

Evidence hinting towards playable via Wii U or DLC: Popular character. Exclusion would be very unjustified. Has an original moveset. He's a villain/ antihero and we wanted those in ssb4. Relevant character. Star Fox is getting a new game on Wii U. Shouldn't have any technical difficulties. Pretty straight forward character to create, Heavy, hard hitting, falls fast, and is bad***. He could have some new moves. Could spawn blaster and reflector out of thin air ( if he still has those moves). If his brawl look is gone and his new look is the one from the trophy, his fur looks detailed enough ( from what I can tell and by comparing him to Fox's trophy) to be of playable character quality.

Unconfirmed Evidence that could hint at him being playable via Wii U or DLC: Someone hacked the game and found Wolf's victory chant. A different hacker found all the texture files, Playable characters have 100 textures, Wolf has 7( in comparison, Mewtwo and Lucas have 3 each) thus hinting at the fact that he was at least planned to be playable. Lylat Cruise returns with none of its codecs altered. Wolf having a different voice actor from possible 64 3d or assault, More so 64 3d than assault.

Evidence that he might not be playable: The trophy of Wolf. ( if having a trophy deconfirms you permanently than that's just sad mean and weak of Sakurai). The trophy not being detailed enough to be a smash bros playable character model, No blaster holster, reflector ( minor), and none of the stuff he had in brawl. Fox has a move similar to Wolf's side b as a custom move ( the clone say hi) Falco's new back air is just like Wolf's ( Really Falco I though you didn't want to be a semi clone anymore).

Unconfirmed evidence that could prove that he's not playable: Sakurai flat out says he's never coming back ( those his thoughts could easily be changed when he sees how many fans are angry at his decision. He would then begin work on Wolf. )Again this is not official. Lylat Cruise returns, but its codecs are altered to not reference Wolf being playable. Wolf not having a different voice actor from brawl ( debatable). Wolf not having any voice actor at all.

All unconfirmed evidence is not official. When confirmed evidence will be moved to appropriate category. When deconfirmed evidence will be edited out.

Closing Statement:

If anything, only the "Final Five" will come with the Wii U version. Wolf and Ice Climbers could be DLC, but they definitely won't be with the Wii U release. That's way too many characters to work on for a single version. They don't have THAT much time before the release date.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace

Verdict:
I think either 3 or 5 is correct. Wolf is too big a character to cut, especially now that clones in the form of Dr. Mario, Lucina, and Dark Pit are playable. Plus its just boring to have just Fox and Falco and no Wolf. What fun is that? Its possible too that he got some new moves plus he could just spawn a blaster out of thin air. I think he's highly likely for DLC if not playable via the Wii U. They could be working on his codecs. ( As of this post I haven't seen the credits so I don't know if Wolf's voice actor is in there. If he is it could hint towards a playable Wolf. Will edit this when I get the info.)

Evidence hinting towards playable via Wii U or DLC: Popular character. Exclusion would be very unjustified. Has an original moveset. He's a villain/ antihero and we wanted those in ssb4. Relevant character. Star Fox is getting a new game on Wii U. Shouldn't have any technical difficulties. Pretty straight forward character to create, Heavy, hard hitting, falls fast, and is bad***. He could have some new moves. Could spawn blaster and reflector out of thin air ( if he still has those moves). If his brawl look is gone and his new look is the one from the trophy, his fur looks detailed enough ( from what I can tell and by comparing him to Fox's trophy) to be of playable character quality.

Unconfirmed evidence that could prove that he's not playable: Sakurai flat out says he's never coming back ( those his thoughts could easily be changed when he sees how many fans are angry at his decision. He would then begin work on Wolf. )Again this is not official. Lylat Cruise returns, but its codecs are altered to not reference Wolf being playable. Wolf not having a different voice actor from brawl ( debatable). Wolf not having any voice actor at all.

Closing Statement:

Good. You presented a good case for a playable Wolf.

My only criticisms:
1) Saying Wolf is boss and only fox and falco as playable is boring doesn't support an argument.

2) Most people getting Smash won't care if Wolf isn't in as he was clearly not a staple to Smash like someone like C. Falcon is. While people love Wolf, the majority won't drop the game if he doesn't make it in.

3) his likeliness for DLC certainly isn't low, though I'm glad you didn't say he is guaranteed as you seem to be taking an objective view (mixed in with your own opinion on this) and finding and going over the facts.

Overall, this was a well written case, and I wouldn't be surprised if Wolf does come back as DLC.

ArabrockermanX

Smash Journeyman
The "Tower of Smash" leak is 100% true. Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, Ridley, and the Chorus Men will all be released with the Wii U version of Smash Bros., and they can be sent to the 3DS version to fill the remaining empty slots. I know Mr. Sakurai is planning on announcing DLC about a month or so after the Wii U release, and some of us already know the planned fighters. There will be two DLC packs.

In the first DLC, the Ice Climbers will be returning as a Wii U exclusive, since all the code for them is already in and it would be a waste if it wasn't used. Dr. Mario, Mewtwo, and Roy were all planned to be Wii U exclusive as well (like a Melee reunion), but fans were losing hope that any of them would ever come back, so Dr.Mario was brought to the 3DS version (since it's coming out soonest) to show that once a fighter is cut, that doesn't mean he or she will never come back. While Mewtwo can be sent to the 3DS version, Roy (yes, Roy from Fire Emblem) is Wii U only, because if any more characters are added to the 3DS CSS, it will have to be shrunken down even more for him and others to fit it, and it will be harder to see on the 3DS. However a new Mii, the Mii Sorcerer, can be sent to the 3DS version along with a bunch of new character costumes in the pack (including a Lucas alt) to give it more content.

Impa, Mach Rider, and Snake will be in the second DLC. That's currently all that's known about it.

Well, that's all I have to say before I leave and go hide under a rock. Oh by the way, don't hate on the Gematsu leak. Chrom WAS going to be in the game, but when the leak came around Sakurai had to throw it off so the surprise wouldn't be ruined, and Chrom was replaced with Lucina. Sadly, he will not be coming to this iteration of Smash.

Alright everyone, have fun being skeptic about what I just revealed to you all. Enjoy the game my snobby coworkers helped contribute to. Ciao.
I'm calling it now, this is fake...

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
The "Tower of Smash" leak is 100% true. Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, Ridley, and the Chorus Men will all be released with the Wii U version of Smash Bros., and they can be sent to the 3DS version to fill the remaining empty slots. I know Mr. Sakurai is planning on announcing DLC about a month or so after the Wii U release, and some of us already know the planned fighters. There will be two DLC packs.

In the first DLC, the Ice Climbers will be returning as a Wii U exclusive, since all the code for them is already in and it would be a waste if it wasn't used. Dr. Mario, Mewtwo, and Roy were all planned to be Wii U exclusive as well (like a Melee reunion), but fans were losing hope that any of them would ever come back, so Dr.Mario was brought to the 3DS version (since it's coming out soonest) to show that once a fighter is cut, that doesn't mean he or she will never come back. While Mewtwo can be sent to the 3DS version, Roy (yes, Roy from Fire Emblem) is Wii U only, because if any more characters are added to the 3DS CSS, it will have to be shrunken down even more for him and others to fit it, and it will be harder to see on the 3DS. However a new Mii, the Mii Sorcerer, can be sent to the 3DS version along with a bunch of new character costumes in the pack (including a Lucas alt) to give it more content.

Impa, Mach Rider, and Snake will be in the second DLC. That's currently all that's known about it.

Well, that's all I have to say before I leave and go hide under a rock. Oh by the way, don't hate on the Gematsu leak. Chrom WAS going to be in the game, but when the leak came around Sakurai had to throw it off so the surprise wouldn't be ruined, and Chrom was replaced with Lucina. Sadly, he will not be coming to this iteration of Smash.

Alright everyone, have fun being skeptic about what I just revealed to you all. Enjoy the game my snobby coworkers helped contribute to. Ciao.
FAAAAAAKE!

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
wow ppl just take a huge breath and wait for more stages to get confirmed, that's all we can really do for now...

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
I just thought of something interesting whilst I was wrapping up my Smash game (it's super easy, you can beat it almost as fast as PokeMon Snap) and it might just help give even more credibility to the Tower of Smash leak. Remember that "Cragalanche" POTD Sakurai posted a LONG time ago (the one where it wasn't even Cragalanche, it was just DK curled up in a ball at Reset Bomb Forest)? At first everyone thought Sakurai was just posting another one of his silly pictures, referencing Kid Icarus...but after the Tower of Smash leak popped up about two months or so later, it made me remember that picture... And it made me wonder, what if Sakurai was foreshadowing something with that POTD? What if it wasn't another one of Sakurai's weird pics? What if Cragalanche is actually one of the bosses in Tower of Smash?

Ladies and gentlemen, if Tower of Smash is confirmed any time soon and Cragalanche is revealed as one of the bosses, Sakurai will officially be known as the greatest troll on the face of this planet.

(Would someone be willing to find that old POTD and post it here along with it's original text? I'm up to my elbows in work-related things right now)

lightdasher

Smash Lord

"きょうの一枚。 出でよ! 剛力のロッカ!! (にせもの)"

"Come on out, Cragalanche! (Not really.)
"

Last edited:

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
It could happen. If it did, then I would be happy. But if it didn´t then I would still be happy. You know why? Because it´s a freaking new smash game! It has an awesome diverse roster, I love it! Even though I play Jigglypuff 99.99 % of the time.

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
私は本当に排他的な文字が、DLCのクールなサウンドが存在している疑い!Not sure about exclusive characters, but DLC sounds cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom