• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theory on yet unrevealed characters and the WiiU/Future Unannounced DLC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tumbleweed Tuner

Smash Apprentice
Are we still pretending that you're playing as anime Mewtwo and not just a nobody Mewtwo that was caught in the wild?

He's neither a hero or a villain in this context, he's a Pokémon that takes orders.

But for the record, the English dub has Mewtwo sound way more evil in the first movie then he actually was. He was considering what to do not intent on destroying the world.
It has been awhile since I saw the movie, but didn't he murder all the scientists and steal tons of pokemon with the idea of making clones to take over the world? The scientists had it coming, but I am pretty sure he was going to destroy more than just them.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Mewtwo was highly based upon the Anime like most Pokemon were. So yeah, it's pretty easy to believe you're playing as a traumatized cat monster who has evil laughs and fights with pure darkness.

D

Deleted member 245254

Mewtwo was highly based upon the Anime like most Pokemon were. So yeah, it's pretty easy to believe you're playing as a traumatized cat monster who has evil laughs and fights with pure darkness.
I don't think that's accurate, otherwise the Jigglypuff would likely be very different, or have some kind of marker reference.

Last edited by a moderator:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
It has been awhile since I saw the movie, but didn't he murder all the scientists and steal tons of pokemon with the idea of making clones to take over the world? The scientists had it coming, but I am pretty sure he was going to destroy more than just them.
No, he wanted to prove he was a better Pokémon Trainer than the humans and that his clone Pokémon were stronger than the originals.

That's why he has them fight in a Pokémon competition to determine that until he realizes in the end they are all living creatures and no one is superior.

The dub added tons of lines about how he was going to get revenge by destroying the world when he never says that beyond saying he cursed the people who created him and he was striking back in the Birth of Mewtwo special.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't think that's accurate, otherwise the Jigglypuff would likely be very different, or have some kind of marker reference.
No, Jigglypuff is very similar to her Anime appearance. She even Puffs up heavily like it, which is not a thing in the games. The marker is about the only thing she didn't get from the anime. She heavily used Doubleslap and Sing, both prominent moves in her set.

Greninja and Ivysaur pretty much have little in common. Both Squirtle and Charizard had immense Anime popularity, with Charizard having more everywhere else. Ivysaur had about nothing, besides a one-off episode at best, but nothing game-wise either. Unless there's a Mystery Dungeon appearance she made, I guess? As for Greninja, we know it was chosen via its concept art. It is strange that the voice actor is the same as Ash's Froakie, though. Of course, I'll laugh if Froakie never fully evolves. XD I mean, none of Ash's Water Starters even evolved. And some of his Fire ones did. Two to full level, one never, and one to its second level. Also, I do find it funny that his Hoenn Starter isn't seen, yet May's is in the Kalos Pokemon League stage. XD Also, the showing of Rayquaza makes me think that was totally done just because ORAS is coming soon. Actually, for a Kalos stage, it seems to have quite a few Hoenn Pokemon. Weird, right?(no, I do not think we're getting a 7th Pokemon outside of vets at best, strictly as later DLC).

Chrono.

Are we still pretending that you're playing as anime Mewtwo and not just a nobody Mewtwo that was caught in the wild?

He's neither a hero or a villain in this context, he's a Pokémon that takes orders.
To be fair Pokemon can only take orders after being captured

Mewtwo, while neutral, clearly did something to the scientists at Cinnabar.

It's implied he went completely berserk and fled to to the Cerulean cave. The Origins OVA pretty much runs with that idea and portrays him as a bloodthirsty wild animal attacking anything that stands near it, regardless of what it is. Smash doesn't go with that.

D

Deleted member 245254

To be fair Pokemon can only take orders after being captured

Mewtwo, while neutral, clearly did something to the scientists at Cinnabar.

It's implied he went completely berserk and fled to to the Cerulean cave. The Origins OVA pretty much runs with that idea and portrays him as a bloodthirsty wild animal attacking anything that stands near it, regardless of what it is. Smash doesn't go with that.
I think what smashes the argument to pieces is that Mewtwo isn't some widely bred Pokemon. He is one single entity that was artificially created from science and escaped. There is only one Mewtwo, both game and anime lore-wise, respectively.

Therefore it's not as simple as "oh maybe it's a random Mewtwo from the wild". There are no random wild Mewtwos. He's the only one of his kind, and in both known canons of him he is guilty of wiping out an entire island.

No, Jigglypuff is very similar to her Anime appearance. She even Puffs up heavily like it, which is not a thing in the games. The marker is about the only thing she didn't get from the anime. She heavily used Doubleslap and Sing, both prominent moves in her set.

Greninja and Ivysaur pretty much have little in common. Both Squirtle and Charizard had immense Anime popularity, with Charizard having more everywhere else. Ivysaur had about nothing, besides a one-off episode at best, but nothing game-wise either. Unless there's a Mystery Dungeon appearance she made, I guess? As for Greninja, we know it was chosen via its concept art. It is strange that the voice actor is the same as Ash's Froakie, though. Of course, I'll laugh if Froakie never fully evolves. XD I mean, none of Ash's Water Starters even evolved. And some of his Fire ones did. Two to full level, one never, and one to its second level. Also, I do find it funny that his Hoenn Starter isn't seen, yet May's is in the Kalos Pokemon League stage. XD Also, the showing of Rayquaza makes me think that was totally done just because ORAS is coming soon. Actually, for a Kalos stage, it seems to have quite a few Hoenn Pokemon. Weird, right?(no, I do not think we're getting a 7th Pokemon outside of vets at best, strictly as later DLC).
Eh...I really disagree. I never got the "this is the one from the show!" feeling from the Pokemon we've had to play in Smash, ever. And I was a huge Pokemon fan.

Also, the marker missing in terms of tying Jiggly to their anime persona is a pretty big deal, Jigglys character was pretty much built around usage of the marker.

Edit : sorry for double post.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Eh...I really disagree. I never got the "this is the one from the show!" feeling from the Pokemon we've had to play in Smash, ever. And I was a huge Pokemon fan.

Also, the marker missing in terms of tying Jiggly to their anime persona is a pretty big deal, Jigglys character was pretty much built around usage of the marker.

Edit : sorry for double post.
Nah, Pikachu was pretty much exactly how he was in the Anime. Randomly weird attacks, the ability to control his electricity to do a weak shot(Thunder Jolt, which while named in the TCG, was never shown off like that besides a one-off time in an Episode). He uses a near identical move to Skull Bash early on with a silly rocket punch idea(which was a joke move, but it was practically the same thing), and fully had Thunder and Agility too.

Mewtwo acted pretty similar to his Anime persona, and some of the moves were even the same from the movies. My real disappointment is if he doesn't get at least one costume with his armor. Also, his tagline so far is "Mewtwo is on his way", and the only Mewtwo to be strictly masculine is the first two movies and Kanto seasons. As for the darkness attacks, they fit his personality perfectly, and since he can use Shadow Ball during the second movie, it kind of makes sense he can create dark energy naturally.

As for Jigglypuff, Rollout was definitely a new move, and she does fall asleep sometimes. Rest is a strange move that never really existed in the show or games anyway as it's used in Smash. Falling asleep is the only similarity.

Lucario is pretty much his movie self at best. Even the voice and mannerisms.

Also, practically everybody speaks how they do in the Anime, so the ties are highly there. Same reason that Goldeen uses Splash, just because it did in an ealrier Anime episode. Misty's anime trophy, the specific mentioned of the Anime theme in PT's trophy(never mind his team strangely matching up with Ash's, as Squirtle really did not have popularity besides his Anime self. Charizard is everywhere, of course. Ivysaur is the strange one, since only Bulbasaur and Venusaur are promoted. It has a tiny coincidence that Ash's Bulbasaur almost evolved with an episode dedicated to it, but that was it. Also, using an actor that attempted to sound like Ash doesn't make the anime references any less there). Another interesting thing is that the Trophies for Calem and Serene are just called Pokemon Trainer(X and Y) or Trainers(X and Y). That kind of proves that Sakurai does not view the main protagonists anywhere near as important as their given name and more of a nameless role at best.

Oh, right, Pichu. This is my favorite one. His inability to control his electricity(hence the self damage) is pretty much a strict Anime thing. This does not show up in the games at all. His low power does, but he was a clone that was a joke character anyway. And of course lethal against Giga Bowser, who can't hit him with most attacks. XD

Related, Skitty better show up in some way while Wailord is on the Pokemon Kalos League stage.

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
Warning Received
I respect n appreciate his blunt honesty. Quit being so sensitive.

Anyways... I wonder what else is kept secret in this game

Edit: perhaps Wolf was cut so they could have more time to revamp his move sets. Yoshi n Bowser were updated Wolf for DLC

Btw I want Bad Mr Frosty in. Show clay fighter love
How am I being sensitive?
Sorry I don't put up with unruly children trying to get a rise out of people on the internet.

The fact you "respect" people so ignorant really shows me who you are as a person, lmao.
Maybe you're the one who needs to reevaluate themselves.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
The rivalry ended the moment he became a multi-platform franchise.Nothing eternal about that.
He's alway's a rival , that's not because you're in multiple platform you're not a rival . ( Even in the same companies with the Dragon Quest vs Final Fantasy ! )

Nintendo and Sega promote the Mario and Sonic at J.O with the argument " The biggest video-game rival" . Heck , even Nintendo Europe back at the Sonic in Brawl annoncement promote him if i remember and translate in english well : " Time to the biggest rival to face each other ."

They will be alway's rival . People still argument for Mario vs Sonic .

Sonic 1.2.3 and knuckles or Super Mario bros , 2 , 3 world ?
Sonic adventure or mario 64 ?
Sonic adventure 2 or Mario sunshine ?
Sonic All Star racing or Mario Kart ? ( well mario won this one .)

Even if the Sonic and Mario series end . they will still be rival , as long they have people who loved them and play their game for fun ...

But we know the only way to answer this is ... TO SETTLE IN SMASH !

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
He's alway's a rival , that's not because you're in multiple platform you're not a rival . ( Even in the same companies with the Dragon Quest vs Final Fantasy ! )
When you're a rival its basically confirming you're on equal grounds, Sonic is no longer on equal grounds Mario and his company are making their own consoles and aren't multi platformers while Sonic lost all that.

because of that he's lost the battle, Mario continued to do well with his company while Sonic's crashed and burned and stopped making consoles by this time he wasn't a rival especially when he started appearing on Nintendo consoles.
Nintendo and Sega promote the Mario and Sonic at J.O with the argument " The biggest video-game rival" . Heck , even Nintendo Europe back at the Sonic in Brawl annoncement promote him if i remember and translate in english well : " Time to the biggest rival to face each other ."
Spin off games such as Olympics mean nothing to this discussion, you stated that they're eternal i already know they HAD a big rivalry but Sega and Sonic lost and then Sonic began making rubbish games for years while Mario stayed steady and good face it there's no rivalry between Sonic and Mario, Nintendo and Sega because Sega are no longer a threat nor are they on equal grounds with Nintendo so they are NOT eternal rivals.

They will be alway's rival . People still argument for Mario vs Sonic .

Sonic 1.2.3 and knuckles or Super Mario bros , 2 , 3 world ?
Sonic adventure or mario 64 ?
Sonic adventure 2 or Mario sunshine ?
Sonic All Star racing or Mario Kart ? ( well mario won this one .)
Those are opinions and preferences but lets look at the facts: Nintendo still making consoles. check. Sega isn't.check. So called rival video game mascot appearing on other rivals console. check. That ain't rivalry.

People who argue about that are saddos tbh, they are stuck in the past and forgetting the present the present where Sonic lost the video game war.
Even if the Sonic and Mario series end . they will still be rival , as long they have people who loved them and play their game for fun ...
Nope because their rivalry ended around the early 2000's, Nintendo's been holding Sega's hands for years.

They were rivals in the 90's nothing more they aren't eternal.

Sonic nowadays seems lost to me, he was created to counter Mario.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
People who argue about that are saddos tbh, they are stuck in the past and forgetting the present the present where Sonic lost the video game war.

Nope because their rivalry ended around the early 2000's, Nintendo's been holding Sega's hands for years.

They were rivals in the 90's nothing more they aren't eternal.

Sonic nowadays seems lost to me, he was created to counter Mario.
They are eternal Rival as long people argue .

Well so for you Mega-Man fan are stuck in the past ?
Pac-Man fan are stuck in the past ?
Sonic fan are stuck in the past ?
Metroid fan are stuck in the past ?
Mewtwo fan was stuck in the past ?
Starfox fan was stuck in the past ?

Sorry to disapoint you but no . We look foward to the futur , we can't wait to see our heroes come back in the lightstage .
Sonic game aren't worst , there are exeption of course ( Sonic R , Sonic Shuffle , Sth06 , S4EP1 ) actually , if you played them you will see they are more and more good . Sonic Unleashed , Colors , Generations was cool game for speedRun and times attack . Rush series was fun , Sonic the lost world had good mechanic and even had a good port in 3DS . And the Alternate Universe of Sonic Boom look like a simple but cool game for something who was at first a Cartoon Marketing ...

Pac-Man and the Ghostly adventure 1 and 2 games are easy but fun to play , like a Kirby game .

Mega-Man fan are still waiting for a annoncement . But they can at least watch the spiritual son of Megaman : Mighty n9 and Azure Strikers Gunvolt . And have fun with him in Smash .

Metroid still wait for an annoncement ... i can't say much about this ...

Mewtwo fan never lost hope , they waited 12 years for see their favorite character come-back and some people like you was saying " Lel , mewtwo is death and in melee , stap be in the past k ? we need moar character over him . bye " they never lost hope and look now , he's here .

Same goes for Starfox fan .

But like you say , Sonic seems lost for you . it's not everybody who will have the same idea . You can say your opinion but not say to the fan that they are stuck in the past .

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think what smashes the argument to pieces is that Mewtwo isn't some widely bred Pokemon. He is one single entity that was artificially created from science and escaped. There is only one Mewtwo, both game and anime lore-wise, respectively.

Therefore it's not as simple as "oh maybe it's a random Mewtwo from the wild". There are no random wild Mewtwos. He's the only one of his kind, and in both known canons of him he is guilty of wiping out an entire island.
There are 2 Mewtwo in the anime

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
When you're a rival its basically confirming you're on equal grounds, Sonic is no longer on equal grounds Mario and his company are making their own consoles and aren't multi platformers while Sonic lost all that.
Ho and by the Way . According to 3 dictionary and Wikipedia . Being rival is having the same goal ... Not be in equal ground .

D

Deleted member 245254

There are 2 Mewtwo in the anime
If you're referring to the "Best Wishes" and "Genesect" film, none of the films at all are canon. So still only one Mewtwo. The only film that is exempt from this is the first film, as it ties in to an actual episode, thus making a definitive connection to the fact that Mewtwo exists, but Ash gets his memory wiped anyway.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If you're referring to the "Best Wishes" and "Genesect" film, none of the films at all are canon. Still only one.
The first two are 100% canon and tie in with the Anime. A few are completely alluded to in the Anime otherwise, but we haven't seen the Kalos Mewtwo yet. If it shows up, it does pretty much depend which one it is. The new Mewtwo whose existence cannot contradict the first one, as they could easily co-exist together due to no retcons ever happening during the movies and special.

Doesn't change that the Anime(which is tied into some movies) has an overall of 2 unique Mewtwos that Ash has met. In fact, because the second Mewtwo movie is fully canon just like the first(which is a sequel to an earlier episode of Pokemon), Ash has met Giovanni before their second meeting in Unova. In addition, Ash recognized Mewtwo. Since the first two movies are pretty much canon, he can't recognize the Pokemon without meeting it beforehand, which he did in canon regardless.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Ho and by the Way . According to 3 dictionary and Wikipedia . Being rival is having the same goal ... Not be in equal ground .
What goal does Sonic have now? Mario's still selling his consoles. Sonic is just selling his games on his [Mario's] consoles.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 245254

The first two are 100% canon and tie in with the Anime. A few are completely alluded to in the Anime otherwise, but we haven't seen the Kalos Mewtwo yet. If it shows up, it does pretty much depend which one it is. The new Mewtwo whose existence cannot contradict the first one, as they could easily co-exist together due to no retcons ever happening during the movies and special.

Doesn't change that the Anime(which is tied into some movies) has an overall of 2 unique Mewtwos that Ash has met. In fact, because the second Mewtwo movie is fully canon just like the first(which is a sequel to an earlier episode of Pokemon), Ash has met Giovanni before their second meeting in Unova. In addition, Ash recognized Mewtwo. Since the first two movies are pretty much canon, he can't recognize the Pokemon without meeting it beforehand, which he did in canon regardless.
The two Mewtwo's having nearly the exact same origin in proof in and of itself that the 2nd Mewtwo is a ret-con.

How does the 2nd movie at all connect to the anime? Or any other ones aside from the first?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The two Mewtwo's having nearly the exact same origin in proof in and of itself that the 2nd Mewtwo is a ret-con.

How does the 2nd movie at all connect to the anime? Or any other ones aside from the first?
Because it directly connects to the first two movies by Ash recognizing it. And of course they have the same origins. Team Rocket attempted to create tons of Mew clones. They recorded one survivor. How can we say they're not lying?

Doesn't change that Ash cannot recognize Mewtwo if it did not exist beforehand. It absolutely cannot be a ret-con due to that alone. This would be the only recorded appearance of Mewtwo if that were the case. How can Ash know it exists? Because he met one before. It has to be in the same canon as the first two movies, which are already canon in the Anime. To note, the original movies were directly tied into the anime. However, most movies went the other way for one reason or another. Probably because it would require making sure everybody has their exact same personality, and it would hold their script dialogue back. Could be other reasons. They might not have cared. Either way, Ash confirmed he saw Mewtwo before. He only ever did that in the first two movies, and the first Mewtwo specifically allowed him to remember it. The original Mewtwo has not shown up since, and the only specific thing is that it was presented with a masculine voice while the other one was feminine. Hell, they have very widely different goals. The first one was originally just out for revenge, while the other one wanted to protect the world for Pokemon. The only thing they have in common besides the same species is how much they care for the Pokemon they have sworn to protect. That's... it. Oh, and you know, Ash met 'em.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Warning Received
Sorry I don't put up with unruly children trying to get a rise out of people on the internet.

The fact you "respect" people so ignorant really shows me who you are as a person, lmao.
Who cares! I get a kick outta aggravating others online simply bcuz it's easy. No need in insults though.
Life is blunt btw

warionumbah2

Smash Master
They are eternal Rival as long people argue .

Well so for you Mega-Man fan are stuck in the past ?
Pac-Man fan are stuck in the past ?
Sonic fan are stuck in the past ?
Metroid fan are stuck in the past ?
Mewtwo fan was stuck in the past ?
Starfox fan was stuck in the past ?
You aren't grasping my point, people who to this day argue which is better between Sonic 3 and Mario bros 3 are stuck in the past. It all comes down to preferences.

They aren't eternal rivals the fans can't decide that, they were gaming company rivals and one lost thus the rivalry ended. My replies will be shorter since i'm literally repeating myself.

Sorry to disapoint you but no . We look foward to the futur , we can't wait to see our heroes come back in the lightstage .
Sonic game aren't worst , there are exeption of course ( Sonic R , Sonic Shuffle , Sth06 , S4EP1 ) actually , if you played them you will see they are more and more good .
I've played every Sonic game actually, you once again lack reading comprehension when you talk about rivalry you bring up the past but you never bring up the present why? Because the rivalry ended Mario beat Sonic. Also add these to your list of sucky Sonic games.

==> Heroes
==> Shadow the hedgehog
==> Story book series
==> Sonic Unleashed
==> Sonic labyrinth
==> Sonic the hedgehog(2006 GBA port)

Sonic Unleashed , Colors , Generations was cool game for speedRun and times attack . Rush series was fun , Sonic the lost world had good mechanic and even had a good port in 3DS . And the Alternate Universe of Sonic Boom look like a simple but cool game for something who was at first a Cartoon Marketing ...
Unleashed got bad reviews due to the werehog stages, there was no platforming skill it was mainly boost to win if i wanted a race track boosting spree i can play F-Zero GX.

Colors was great, Generations was also good but they've been rehashing the same style with Modern Sonic and knowing the Sonic fanbase they'll complain so they changed it.

Lost worlds was a disaster, horrible parkour system, bland level design sometimes i see huge open plains which involves spin dashing through which is crap,re used level designs from earlier worlds,too many Mario stuff in a Sonic game,easy game overall there was no challenge and putting one hit K.O enemies in a level doesn't make it hard that's Sega being unfair and lazy.

The 3 Wii U games Sonic has are horrible(haven't played Boom i've given up on Sonic now).

But like you say , Sonic seems lost for you . it's not everybody who will have the same idea . You can say your opinion but not say to the fan that they are stuck in the past .
Sonic is LOST, he was created to counter the star mario, he lost and is now trying to find himself by making different gimmicky games to the point where fans don't know what they want anymore.

Bottom line: Eternal rivals is an exaggeration on your part.
But there won't be a rivalry to begin with if they both don't recognize each other as equals, news flash Mario is more successful than Sonic.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I've played every Sonic game actually, you once again lack reading comprehension when you talk about rivalry you bring up the past but you never bring up the present why? Because the rivalry ended Mario beat Sonic. Also add these to your list of sucky Sonic games.

==> Heroes
==> Shadow the hedgehog
==> Story book series
==> Sonic Unleashed
==> Sonic labyrinth
==> Sonic the hedgehog(2006 GBA port)
Metacritic Overall score .

Sonic Heroes : 72/100
Shadow the Hedgehog : 42/100 ( you're right )
Sonic and the secret rings : 69/100
Sonic Unleashed : 60/100 XBOX/PS3 . 66 on Wii and PS2
Sonic and the Black knight : 54/100
Sonic Colors : 78/100

This are not BAD reviews . They are not fantastic . But pretty much correct .

That's not because YOU say a game suck everyone will think it's suck because if we all think like only one person then maybe the world will be full of person who love Melee , say Brawl suck and only complain about clones . But no . There are person who think Brawl are better or think clones are great free last minute add .

That's why every person are unique . they all have their own opinion . I and other person think Sonic and Mario are Eternal Rival then they are for us . You and other person think they not then they not for you but in no way you can freely say we are stuck in past because we compare our favorite games ? It's like people who loved melee and say the other smash smell like **** . Are they stuck in past ? No they just love the game and for them it's the favorite . Pokemon Fan who compare Pokemon Red/Blue gen to X/Y gen are stuck in the past ? No they just love they game .

Even if Mario win , why i can't alway say They are Eternal Rival ?
People can argue enven on past game , and at much people argue , even on past game , they are Rival for Eternity , That's how i see thing . For you not , i understand .

For my and because of my childhood , i will saw them like eternal rival . Forever , like a lot of other people .
Then i'm gone because it's too much off-thread now .
Please just chill and if for you i was rude then i beg your pardon ... Really bro , sorry .

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Who cares! I get a kick outta aggravating others online simply bcuz it's easy. No need in insults though.
Life is blunt btw
Enough of this personal argument that has nothing to do with the topic.

Additionally, enough with the off topic character speculation. It doesn't matter in the slightest why/if there's more than one canon Mewtwo (especially in the anime, there is more than just Ash's continuity), nor what Sonic's recent sales are.

If the discussion continues to stray from the original topic (title of this thread), then it will be locked.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Enough of this personal argument that has nothing to do with the topic.

Additionally, enough with the off topic character speculation. It doesn't matter in the slightest why/if there's more than one canon Mewtwo (especially in the anime, there is more than just Ash's continuity), nor what Sonic's recent sales are.

If the discussion continues to stray from the original topic (title of this thread), then it will be locked.
Oh well, open up a new one. All part of life. Let people blow off steam.

Although I do see your point n I have to admit that I often go extreme with my bitterness. I apologize.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Well, I guess the 50-fact Extravaganza solved the whole reason of this thread's creation: the 4 missing spaces ARE downloadable content after all.......... (Not sure if it's already been mentioned, it's been a long time since I last visited it)

Last edited:

ccthirteen

Smash Apprentice
The only thing I'd like to avoid seeing is a roster that is too large spawning one of two outcomes:

1: You main a great character competitively or just in friendlies, and in a future installment of the game, they're excluded in favor of a new character.

2: The future rosters continue to grow until we have a list of characters as high as the original Pokemon games. In this scenario, it would be nearly impossible to balance on a competitive level and there would be many clone characters.

3: A combination of scenarios 1 & 2.

D

Deleted member

The only thing I'd like to avoid seeing is a roster that is too large spawning one of two outcomes:

1: You main a great character competitively or just in friendlies, and in a future installment of the game, they're excluded in favor of a new character.

2: The future rosters continue to grow until we have a list of characters as high as the original Pokemon games. In this scenario, it would be nearly impossible to balance on a competitive level and there would be many clone characters.

3: A combination of scenarios 1 & 2.
In a way, this has already happened to a smaller degree. Character cuts (unless it's someone like Pichu) are always difficult for players to take in. Why, Mewtwo is a good example of this.

About whether Mewtwo will come with other content, I can't decide. On the one hand, that seems likely seeing as how most recent DLC packs from Nintendo have done that, but on the other hand Mewtwo seems like he might stand alone, given it's not just a cut and dry DLC, but also a promotion.

ccthirteen

Smash Apprentice
I can agree with OP that plenty of people seem to be missing the point. While on the one hand, it isn't right to feel entitled to having your favorite character in the game or the option for DLC in general, that doesn't seem to be the point of the topic. On the other side of that coin, it's also just as wrong to tell someone they have no business speculating or saying what their hopeful characters are. For example, I have a great level of hope that Isaac or Chrono would be an addition to the roster, but I'm not going to be all mopey if they aren't included. I'll just keep rocking my current mains: Kirby, Wario Yoshi and Pikachu.

Imo the mature way to go about this situation is just to share your opinions and hopes of what characters could be announced. Be enthusiastic and provide reasons and your ideas for move sets and all. However, if they're not included by Nintendo, either at release or somewhere down the line as a DLC character, put on your big kid pants, accept what you have available to you and move on.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
I think Mewtwo will come with SOME other content. For example, we might get a new event match that is a recreation of event 51 from Melee. I wonder if they will make a version of giga bowser that can be hit around, or if they are just going to make him really big.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, I guess the 50-fact Extravaganza solved the whole reason of this thread's creation: the 4 missing spaces ARE downloadable content after all.......... (Not sure if it's already been mentioned, it's been a long time since I last visited it)
We found icons that can change it to another screen. Only one of those spaces would've been filled at most for sure, being Ice Climbers. Maybe Chorus Men too(it's possible, as they're the only series to have enemies in Smash Run besides Ice Climber), but we can't tell when someone was cut. From Brawl, that is. I doubt DLC was relevant to those "spaces". If the arrow icons mean anything, that'd barely be 3 spaces available at most. Unless you mean one Arrow and 4 spaces.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Well there are at least four characters who have evidence that they were to be in the game
Mewtwo - confirmed
Ice Climbers - interview of Sakurai
Chorus men- Spooky Spirit?
Wolf- Lylat Cruise, theme, voice actor, trophy that isn't based off smash bros, Fox's Wolf Flash, and codecs.
Now Wolf's got a very good shot at coming back due to all this evidence. Ice Climbers are 50/50 depending on the technical issue. Same thing goes for Chorus men possibly. As for Lucas the only evidence I could find of him is the Ultimate Chimera trophy on Wii U as well as Porky and Pig King Statue trophies as well as his own. If New Pork comes back, he's got a stronger chance. Its still odd that all his specials and some of his as are part of Ness' regular and custom move set. One special would be OK, but 4 is a bit suspicious. If New Pork is confirmed than Lucas has a better shot.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Pretty sure all we have to go on for Lucas being cut late is the outdated Gematsu leak that got everything right(to a high degree, except some trailer dates) till Chrom was disconfirmed.

This doesn't really do anything to prove Wolf was anywhere but cut very early on. Voice actor is... it. That's a little suspicious. Unless he voice acts for someone else now. I mean, Chrom's voice actor is in Smash, after all. Wolf Flash being a move for Fox is logical because Wolf was cut and it was a pretty different Forward B. Why Wolf was cut is unknown. He has severely unique A attacks, so it wasn't some "he can't bring anything to the table". It was likely because he was lower priority and they had less time. He may be DLC, but eh. I think we're starting to straw grasp for reasons(voice actor is legit, though). Spooky Spirit is kind of useless information for Chorus Men, but they might've been added because they could be unique enemies. It doesn't give us enough information. It could've been another Rhythm Heaven playable character too. And if it was, then Chorus Men could've been something else. Maybe they were AT's. Who knows.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I just realized something. In the direct, when all star mode is shown we can see the Colosseum in the background. This may seem like nothing but look at the characters, they are 4 rows of 13 which would add up to 52 but the game only has 48 characters (49 with mewtwo) I think this may mean we have another 3 characters

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Pretty sure all we have to go on for Lucas being cut late is the outdated Gematsu leak that got everything right(to a high degree, except some trailer dates) till Chrom was disconfirmed.

This doesn't really do anything to prove Wolf was anywhere but cut very early on. Voice actor is... it. That's a little suspicious. Unless he voice acts for someone else now. I mean, Chrom's voice actor is in Smash, after all. Wolf Flash being a move for Fox is logical because Wolf was cut and it was a pretty different Forward B. Why Wolf was cut is unknown. He has severely unique A attacks, so it wasn't some "he can't bring anything to the table". It was likely because he was lower priority and they had less time. He may be DLC, but eh. I think we're starting to straw grasp for reasons(voice actor is legit, though). Spooky Spirit is kind of useless information for Chorus Men, but they might've been added because they could be unique enemies. It doesn't give us enough information. It could've been another Rhythm Heaven playable character too. And if it was, then Chorus Men could've been something else. Maybe they were AT's. Who knows.
1.Chrom appears in Palutena's Guidance, as seen in the latest Direct.
2.They probably kept a Star Wolf rep (most likely Wolf and/or Krystal) to represent the next Star Fox for Wii U.
3.Wolf's English voice actor, Jay Ward, also portrays Meta Knight, which makes Wolf's return a little less concrete
4.How would the Chrous Kids work? They can't be a 3-in-1 character, otherwise Ice Climbers would've made the cut first (plus, chaingrabs removed)

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I just realized something. In the direct, when all star mode is shown we can see the Colosseum in the background. This may seem like nothing but look at the characters, they are 4 rows of 13 which would add up to 52 but the game only has 48 characters (49 with mewtwo) I think this may mean we have another 3 characters
To follow up

Spainkiller 2.0 appear amun us

He said the mewtwo and ridley models look exactly how he saw them

He apologized for saying ridley is playable (aka he mistake ridley for playable) and weirdly its by texture is why he thought he was playable not mistake size

And hes the kicker part he said he has no idea about the dixie kong and chorus men models he saw.

So chorus men and dixie kong could be 2 of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom