• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theory on yet unrevealed characters and the WiiU/Future Unannounced DLC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Mewtwo did deserve a slot in this game. He had a lot going for him...no one can really argue against that fact.
I'm not objecting to that, it's just not as crazy mythical for him not to be in. It's just that he was so unexpected of a cut that people were shocked and demanded him. Same for Ice Climbers, only they were in 2 previous games instead of just one.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
At least Ice Climbers' cut was very justified. They didn't work. Simple.

Mewtwo's was... strange. Yes, he was low priority. Since we know Sakurai outright chooses the Pokemon roster, it's likely that Sonic pushed him and the rest of the Forbidden 7(except Dixie who couldn't be made to work how Sakurai wanted) back too far when he was made quickly. With no DLC possible, he couldn't just fix Mewtwo for us. Brawl was not set up to accept DLC characters. Just custom courses. Possibly pictures and replays, but I can't remember on that one.

Not an issue here.

For the record, Mewtwo was not that important to me. I don't care either way. I am happy he's in because he was a very fun and supremely unique character to play as. I also like to see people happy. It may also help that it makes Mewtwo haters eat their hats. Yeah, I'm guilty of being happy about it. But we're humans, we ain't perfect.

Anyway, onto Ridley for a moment... anybody calling him a hazard and nothing more got proven wrong. He's not just a hazard, he's an assist character who acts almost identical to a playable character. That means Sakurai had to give him extremely special attention. Am I happy he's not playable? Of course not. I am happy he was treated like a beyond special character, though. That makes me really appreciate how hard Sakurai worked on this. He even made him smaller than normal, killing the "can't be downsized" for Smash argument. He clearly can and has been. To note, size-wise from biggest to smallest; Ridley(Brawl) > Meta Ridley(Brawl) > Ridley(Smash 4). I cannot tell where Meta Ridley's Smash 4 size is. I think he's just a bit bigger than the Melee intro version, though.

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
54 characters for 54 facts!!!! Jeez REED BEETWEEN DUH LINEZ GUYS!!:troll:
I called it first. Behold Sm4sh WiiU secret characters.

Sarcasm and joking aside, I genuinely do feel as though there may be (false hope probably).

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I'm one of those that feel that if Mewtwo hadn't been returning to this Smash, I would have always had this disappointed feeling in the back of my mind no matter how good the game. But now, I have no hesitations in saying this is truly the greatest Smash game ever.

Am I just biased? Maybe, but Mewtwo represents a character whose cut was very painful and inexplicable. He had everything going for him, but then didn't return. Other unique characters have been cut, but no one nearly as popular as Mewtwo. I think he just deserves to be in Smash, especially now, being a veteran.
Yeah I'd feel the same with Wolf. However unlike Mewtwo Wolf has so much content in the game referencing him and it makes no sense why he isn't in. Mewtwo returning is nice,but Wolf must return too so that he doesn't become the new Mewtwo. He is also an antagonist and now the last unconfirmed veteran antagonist. Plus if he doesn't come back then Star Fox as a series gets screwed in smash for not gaining anything,but also losing something.

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
Wolf being cut isn't a huge surprise to me. A lot of people really didn't like his inclusion in brawl, felt he was a lazy addition and that star fox was getting special treatment with multiple clones where other other clones were cut that game. So you add in resource factors and it makes sense.

I do wish they'd add more character swaps ala alph and the koopalings, like a proper wolf version of Fox or Lucas for ness

But tbh saying wolf is on Mewtwo's level is kind of a joke. Star fox is a series in limbo whereas mewtwo just recently had his own movie. And mewtwo was a unique character not a pseudo clone

Last edited:

lightdasher

Smash Lord
Wolf being cut isn't a huge surprise to me. A lot of people really didn't like his inclusion in brawl, felt he was a lazy addition and that star fox was getting special treatment with multiple clones where other other clones were cut that game. So you add in resource factors and it makes sense.

I do wish they'd add more character swaps ala alph and the koopalings, like a proper wolf version of Fox or Lucas for ness

But tbh saying wolf is on Mewtwo's level is kind of a joke. Star fox is a series in limbo whereas mewtwo just recently had his own movie. And mewtwo was a unique character not a pseudo clone
But Mewtwo is a clone:151:

D

Deleted member

But Mewtwo is a clone:151:
Haha. But seriously, Mewtwo was in a class of his own. Like Naglfarii said, Wolf getting cut makes more sense to me than Mewtwo, but I do still think that of the most recent cuts, he was probably the least deserving. I really did think he would return.

And even with Ice Climbers--I don't think they were super popular anyway, but at least Sakurai has come out and said straight up that he couldn't get them to work on the 3DS, otherwise they'd be in. I think that at least soothes a lot of IC fans by giving an explanation. But with Brawl, it felt like Sakurai had cut Mewtwo on purpose (even if that's not the case), and that just left a bitter taste in many peoples' mouths, as it were.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Haha. But seriously, Mewtwo was in a class of his own. Like Naglfarii said, Wolf getting cut makes more sense to me than Mewtwo, but I do still think that of the most recent cuts, he was probably the least deserving. I really did think he would return.

And even with Ice Climbers--I don't think they were super popular anyway, but at least Sakurai has come out and said straight up that he couldn't get them to work on the 3DS, otherwise they'd be in. I think that at least soothes a lot of IC fans by giving an explanation. But with Brawl, it felt like Sakurai had cut Mewtwo on purpose (even if that's not the case), and that just left a bitter taste in many peoples' mouths, as it were.
I'd argue that even though Mewtwo is a more noteworthy character than Wolf, Mewtwo's cut made more sense than Wolf.

Mewtwo is from a series of 700+ characters, many of which are iconic, popular and viable for Smash. Pokemon only went up in number of playable characters from Melee to Brawl, Mewtwo wasn't outright cut without being replaced by 4 new Pokemon.

Wolf is the logical 3rd rep. There's no debating that. He's iconic to the franchise, is the closest thing to a viable playable villain, and is one of the only characters who's dialogue lines became a cultural phenomenon.

Last edited:

lightdasher

Smash Lord

While I do see the points you are making, don't forget about the statement Sakurai said about not being able to port melee (Or was it Mewtwo specifically?) code over as it was too old.

D

Deleted member

I'd argue that even though Mewtwo is a more noteworthy character than Wolf, Mewtwo's cut made more sense than Wolf.

Mewtwo is from a series of 700+ characters, many of which are iconic, popular and viable for Smash. Pokemon only went up in number of playable characters from Melee to Brawl, Mewtwo wasn't outright cut without being replaced by 4 new Pokemon.

Wolf is the logical 3rd rep. There's no debating that. He's iconic to the franchise, is the closest thing to a viable playable villain, and is one of the only characters who's dialogue lines became a cultural phenomenon.
Yes but the one problem with Wolf is that he felt like yet another clone of Fox. Oh, I know he's not as much of a clone as Falco, but his special moves really all are just variations of Fox's. That and I guess people doubted whether Star Fox really deserved more characters over other franchises.

The Pokemon franchise, on the other hand, is really huge and lucrative, so I don't see why having several of them (especially if there are many iconic characters) is a bad thing.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Yes but the one problem with Wolf is that he felt like yet another clone of Fox. Oh, I know he's not as much of a clone as Falco, but his special moves really all are just variations of Fox's. That and I guess people doubted whether Star Fox really deserved more characters over other franchises.

The Pokemon franchise, on the other hand, is really huge and lucrative, so I don't see why having several of them (especially if there are many iconic characters) is a bad thing.
Wolf doesn't feel even remotely like a clone of Fox. Lucario is just as much a clone of Mewtwo as Wolf is of Fox (one move shared).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wolf doesn't feel even remotely like a clone of Fox. Lucario is just as much a clone of Mewtwo as Wolf is of Fox (one move shared).
Well, they share two moves in Brawl. Reflector(slightly different) and Landmaster(slightly different). Everything else is pretty unique. Fire Wolf is just "firing off" and more of a joke name. Wolf Flash works very differently. Blaster is really really different from Fox's, to the point of not even really being a variant. Falco's Blaster is however next to identical, just Fox's 64 version.

That said, Wolf is still a bit more similar to Fox than Lucario is to Mewtwo, and Shadow Ball and Aura Sphere's uses are... quite different, ultimately. They have more aesthetic similarities than actual moves.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Well actually...
Just saying...

Also, while lots of people wanted Wolf to return, a lot MORE people wanted Mewtwo to return.
Krystal is more hated than she is loved, by both Star Fox fans, and non Star Fox fans. And that's coming from someone who likes her.

Wolf was the logical rep. More people also wanted various other Pokemon than they did other Star Fox characters.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Well, they share two moves in Brawl. Reflector(slightly different) and Landmaster(slightly different). Everything else is pretty unique. Fire Wolf is just "firing off" and more of a joke name. Wolf Flash works very differently. Blaster is really really different from Fox's, to the point of not even really being a variant. Falco's Blaster is however next to identical, just Fox's 64 version.

That said, Wolf is still a bit more similar to Fox than Lucario is to Mewtwo, and Shadow Ball and Aura Sphere's uses are... quite different, ultimately. They have more aesthetic similarities than actual moves.
Final Smash's almost don't count, as it's technically an item, not a move. And Mewtwo will likely just have Mega Mewtwo as his FS, which isn't all that different to Lucario's Mega form in execution (probably just be a power up like Mega Charizard and Mega Lucario).

EDIT: Crap. I didn't mean to double post :(.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Final Smash's almost don't count, as it's technically an item, not a move. And Mewtwo will likely just have Mega Mewtwo as his FS, which isn't all that different to Lucario's Mega form in execution (probably just be a power up like Mega Charizard and Mega Lucario).

EDIT: Crap. I didn't mean to double post :(.
Actually, they're listed official as Special Moves on the SSBB dojo itself. The item allows you to use the move, but it's the character performing the move specific, not using an item's regular effect. The Smash Ball doesn't even need to be out. It's a character-specific state that can be activated. See the Event Match with Fox and Pity Final Smashes. You can even set Smash Balls on and Item Frequency to None and basically do it without an item. They're moves overall.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere

Wolf ISN'T A CLONE! and the main reason people wanted him gone was because they didn't know this fact. Also most of the people who wanted Wolf cut wanted him to be replaced by Krystal with a unique moveset. Now that clones are in the game the argument is somewhat smashed. Star Fox U was in development since the Wii era so I don't think the franchise was ever dead. Plus Miyamoto originally wanted a NEW Star Fox game on the 3DS to demonstrate its abilities,but due to time constraints went with 64 3D. Wolf may not be as popular as Mewtwo,but still is a close second. Besides if Wolf was cut then why did Sakurai leave his theme, a trophy,call one of Fox's customs Wolf Flash, Bring back Lylat Cruise with codecs and possibly the Star Wolf themes from brawl, and possibly give Wolf new codecs on Orbital Gate Assault? When Mewtwo wasn't in brawl all he had was a trophy, that you had to unlock and maybe a few stickers. Plus people also hated Mewtwo's moveset and wanted him cut for that. In brawl Dr. Mario and Roy were also planned. In this game you have:4mario::4drmario::4luigi:. This could relate to:4fox::4falco::wolf:(If you consider Wolf a clone). Mario and Dr. Mario are now semiclones like Fox and Falco. Luigi now feels much different from Mario even if he has some similar moves. However Wolf is far more different from Fox than Luigi is to Mario. Plus Luigi now has some moves similar to Dr. Mario's. Wolf doesn't have any similarities to Falco, unless Wolf comes back and has his back air. Falco got Wolf's back air to try and make him different from Fox. That proves that Wolf is less of a clone to Fox than Falco. The only lazy thing Sakurai did with Wolf was his final smash, however if you play in for glory final smashes don't matter much. Wolf may not be more popular than Mewtwo,but his current exclusion is worse than Mewtwo's because of how much evidence was left over from Sakurai. When Mewtwo was cut his trophy was hidden away and he only had a few stickers (maybe). DLC didn't work with brawl so they couldn't bring him back. Wolf has his theme, a trophy,call one of Fox's customs moves is called Wolf Flash, Lylat Cruise is back with codecs and possibly the Star Wolf themes from brawl, and possibly Wolf having new codecs on Orbital Gate Assault. That is worse in handling than Mewtwo's cut. Even if the characters weren't Mewtwo and Wolf, Wolf's scenario would still be worse. Lets look at Chrom. Chrom is really deconfirmed since he's in a final smash, victory pose, and codecs (Pit's). However Chrom was never a veteran. Ice Climbers were cut because of technical difficulties, but the only trace left of them was their trophy and the Polar Bear. Yes a two time veteran being cut for technical limitations is bad,but the cut was still handled better than Wolf's. Mewtwo has paved the way for character DLC and with him already confirmed, Wolf is next in line. He's the final veteran antagonist left so why exclude him? :4bowser::4bowserjr:(:4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig:)(still only counts as one since Koopalings are alts.):4dedede::4ganondorf::4metaknight::4wario:(:4wario2:):mewtwopm: and :wolf: would make 8. 8 villains for an 8 player smash! WOLF FOR DLC:wolf:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
I couldn't agree more. Ever since I unlocked the last character in Smash4...I had this nagging feeling that something was missing...something important. But now that I know Mewtwo is coming, there's no doubt that this roster is more complete and full then it's ever been.
Me too. I felt the same dissatisfaction when I unlocked the entire roster, which wasn't quite exciting. Don't get me wrong, the roster right now is still great in many meanings, but even though there should be more to come. Although 3DS have better modes, I wouldn't say the 3DS is a perfect form yet, which we all believe Sakurai still have more surprises for us to have.

By the way, I've been wondering about how to download Mewtwo. I know the direct said you can download it for free if you buy the 3DS and the Wii U, but what does this mean? Does this mean you can still download it if you have the 3DS first then buy the Wii U last, or you must buy both versions at the same time to download it? Or could it be just you must join Club Nintendo and prove you have both versions in order to download it as in a pre-ordering stage?
Sorry, I just had a hard time understanding what that means, which I may be wrong by asking this question though...

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
Wolf ISN'T A CLONE! and the main reason people wanted him gone was because they didn't know this fact. Also most of the people who wanted Wolf cut wanted him to be replaced by Krystal with a unique moveset. Now that clones are in the game the argument is somewhat smashed. Star Fox U was in development since the Wii era so I don't think the franchise was ever dead. Plus Miyamoto originally wanted a NEW Star Fox game on the 3DS to demonstrate its abilities,but due to time constraints went with 64 3D. Wolf may not be as popular as Mewtwo,but still is a close second. Besides if Wolf was cut then why did Sakurai leave his theme, a trophy,call one of Fox's customs Wolf Flash, Bring back Lylat Cruise with codecs and possibly the Star Wolf themes from brawl, and possibly give Wolf new codecs on Orbital Gate Assault? When Mewtwo wasn't in brawl all he had was a trophy, that you had to unlock and maybe a few stickers. Plus people also hated Mewtwo's moveset and wanted him cut for that. In brawl Dr. Mario and Roy were also planned. In this game you have:4mario::4drmario::4luigi:. This could relate to:4fox::4falco::wolf:(If you consider Wolf a clone). Mario and Dr. Mario are now semiclones like Fox and Falco. Luigi now feels much different from Mario even if he has some similar moves. However Wolf is far more different from Fox than Luigi is to Mario. Plus Luigi now has some moves similar to Dr. Mario's. Wolf doesn't have any similarities to Falco, unless Wolf comes back and has his back air. Falco got Wolf's back air to try and make him different from Fox. That proves that Wolf is less of a clone to Fox than Falco. The only lazy thing Sakurai did with Wolf was his final smash, however if you play in for glory final smashes don't matter much. Wolf may not be more popular than Mewtwo,but his current exclusion is worse than Mewtwo's because of how much evidence was left over from Sakurai. When Mewtwo was cut his trophy was hidden away and he only had a few stickers (maybe). DLC didn't work with brawl so they couldn't bring him back. Wolf has his theme, a trophy,call one of Fox's customs moves is called Wolf Flash, Lylat Cruise is back with codecs and possibly the Star Wolf themes from brawl, and possibly Wolf having new codecs on Orbital Gate Assault. That is worse in handling than Mewtwo's cut. Even if the characters weren't Mewtwo and Wolf, Wolf's scenario would still be worse. Lets look at Chrom. Chrom is really deconfirmed since he's in a final smash, victory pose, and codecs (Pit's). However Chrom was never a veteran. Ice Climbers were cut because of technical difficulties, but the only trace left of them was their trophy and the Polar Bear. Yes a two time veteran being cut for technical limitations is bad,but the cut was still handled better than Wolf's. Mewtwo has paved the way for character DLC and with him already confirmed, Wolf is next in line. He's the final veteran antagonist left so why exclude him? :4bowser::4bowserjr:(:4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig:)(still only counts as one since Koopalings are alts.):4dedede::4ganondorf::4metaknight::4wario:(:4wario2:):mewtwopm: and :wolf: would make 8. 8 villains for an 8 player smash! WOLF FOR DLC:wolf:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's a matter of development resources in to content out. The more similar characters are too each other, the more resources you can share between them and the more development time you can cut down on. The amount of work it takes to create a character with a unique A move set like Wolf takes about as much as it takes to make a far more unique character, along the lines of Duck Hunt and Little Mac. They don't add as much since they have special moves so similar to pre-existing characters, and different A moves aren't enough to carve out a unique enough niche to justify the amount of work it takes to fit them in. This applies to Lucas as well.

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
Well...everybody can believe Wolf is not a clone, but if this is according to Sakurai who made him be playable, maybe he is, which probably explains why he was rejected. But I wouldn't be surprised if he returns as a DLC, or some form according to that weird space making 4 secrets already playable in the beginning for Wii U, which maybe connectivity may be concerned, which I kinda doubt it since the last direct didn't talk about it or I may be wrong. He's still an important character for Star Fox as being a villain, a rival, a supporter, whatever you name it. Plus he's much of a powerhouse for the Star Fox roster, which Fox can be speed and Falco can be flight, which these 3 elements can be important for certain franchise rosters. But this is up to Sakurai unreadable mind whether he's important or not enough to be back in Smash 4. But not to mention in Japan...people thought Krystal may join if Wolf was rejected, which I thought the same too.:ohwell:

And the villain viewing...I know we've already talked about this, but I can hardly say Mewtwo is a villain. Wario can be both villain and hero at the same time, unless it involves money of course. But Mewtwo...every Pokemon that appears in their original games have no role being a hero or villain, but its just depends upon the trainer they hold whether that trainer is good or villain. Mewtwo on the other hand...yes he was a villain back in the very first movie, but later redeemed in the end and became good further on, which this also reflected back in that Genosect movie. Other than that, I do think Mewtwo's role in the game are just particularly "searching for someone stronger than itself", which has nothing to do with him becoming a villain. If he was in Team Rocket or some other evil organization's side in the beginning and he was some point to be unobtainable (much to say the only Pokemon you must kill), then he may be. But in reality, it really depends upon player's view whether he is truly a villain or not, but mostly I'd rather say every Pokemon including Mewtwo is neutral. Not to mention Jessie's Ekans back in the Season 1 anime said "Pokemons are never evil, but they will do bad things because their master is bad."

Last edited:

Tumbleweed Tuner

Smash Apprentice
So Captain Toad is getting amiibo support, DLC with at least Mewtwo is coming, Sakurai knows people want a toad as a playable character, Captain Toad is a new definitive toad, and partners with the fan wanted Toadette.

What is his chances of being a new character in smash?

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
Well...everybody can believe Wolf is not a clone, but if this is according to Sakurai who made him be playable, maybe he is, which probably explains why he was rejected. But I wouldn't be surprised if he returns as a DLC, or some form according to that weird space making 4 secrets already playable in the beginning for Wii U, which maybe connectivity may be concerned, which I kinda doubt it since the last direct didn't talk about it or I may be wrong. He's still an important character for Star Fox as being a villain, a rival, a supporter, whatever you name it. Plus he's much of a powerhouse for the Star Fox roster, which Fox can be speed and Falco can be flight, which these 3 elements can be important for certain franchise rosters. But this is up to Sakurai unreadable mind whether he's important or not enough to be back in Smash 4. But not to mention in Japan...people thought Krystal may join if Wolf was rejected, which I thought the same too.:ohwell:

And the villain viewing...I know we've already talked about this, but I can hardly say Mewtwo is a villain. Wario can be both villain and hero at the same time, unless it involves money of course. But Mewtwo...every Pokemon that appears in their original games have no role being a hero or villain, but its just depends upon the trainer they hold whether that trainer is good or villain. Mewtwo on the other hand...yes he was a villain back in the very first movie, but later redeemed in the end and became good further on, which this also reflected back in that Genosect movie. Other than that, I do think Mewtwo's role in the game are just particularly "searching for someone stronger than itself", which has nothing to do with him becoming a villain. If he was in Team Rocket or some other evil organization's side in the beginning and he was some point to be unobtainable (much to say the only Pokemon you must kill), then he may be. But in reality, it really depends upon player's view whether he is truly a villain or not, but mostly I'd rather say every Pokemon including Mewtwo is neutral. Not to mention Jessie's Ekans back in the Season 1 anime said "Pokemons are never evil, but they will do bad things because their master is bad."
I don't see Mewtwo as a villain because he was created by a jerkass group of people to do jerkass things, had his only friend die if I recall while he was in a test tube, and when he finally got free he just wanted to make people pay. Granted he went too far since not everyone deserved it, but I don't think he was really evil. Just broken and traumatized.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't see Mewtwo as a villain because he was created by a jerkass group of people to do jerkass things, had his only friend die if I recall while he was in a test tube, and when he finally got free he just wanted to make people pay. Granted he went too far since not everyone deserved it, but I don't think he was really evil. Just broken and traumatized.
Hence his Heel Face Turn later.

That and the Mewtwo in the latest movie is a completely different person anyway. If it was the original Mewtwo, it would recognize Ash. Plain and simple.

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
Yeah, I agree with your comment. Although he wanted revenge, that doesn't mean he's evil. That also includes Meta Knight that he just wanted Dreamland to be more assertive and strong because he thought the world was too lazy and weak due to its peaceful status, including testing Kirby's ability on how strong he became to fight against the real threat. I guess they're appearances and description of their history gave viewers misunderstandings that they're villains which is not.

So Captain Toad is getting amiibo support, DLC with at least Mewtwo is coming, Sakurai knows people want a toad as a playable character, Captain Toad is a new definitive toad, and partners with the fan wanted Toadette.

What is his chances of being a new character in smash?
I...don't think he's really that affordable to be in Smash.
Sorry dude, I just can't imagine anything positive with this guy.

But since we've already know Mewtwo's gonna come back and definitely they might plan to add voice for him, which do you think is best? The voice from his first movie, or the female voice from the Genosect one?
Well I know I said "he" for this whole time but you never know...

Tumbleweed Tuner

Smash Apprentice
No one is evil because they are evil. True, games make boring characters every now and then who are evil for no other reason, but good villians have a reason to be evil. Because you can feel sympathy for someone, doesn't excuse them for being evil. Mewtwo committed major crimes in a act of revenge against humans who never knew he existed. He is a terrorist with a backstory, a villian with a cause, and a doer of evil. While he does call off his plans, he is the kind of person you never want to upset. Mewtwo would go back to his old ways if compelled.

Tumbleweed Tuner

Smash Apprentice
I...don't think he's really that affordable to be in Smash.
Sorry dude, I just can't imagine anything positive with this guy.

But since we've already know Mewtwo's gonna come back and definitely they might plan to add voice for him, which do you think is best? The voice from his first movie, or the female voice from the Genosect one?
Well I know I said "he" for this whole time but you never know...
I am pretty sure Sakurai said characters like Bowser and DK will not get speech lines because of the tricky localization. There is no reason Mewtwo will be a exception in this case, and in melee he was only given a evil laugh.

And what exactly do you mean by affordable and unable to imagine positives?

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Nobody will ever respect or appreciate you.
I respect n appreciate his blunt honesty. Quit being so sensitive.

Anyways... I wonder what else is kept secret in this game

Edit: perhaps Wolf was cut so they could have more time to revamp his move sets. Yoshi n Bowser were updated Wolf for DLC

Btw I want Bad Mr Frosty in. Show clay fighter love

Last edited:

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
My 2 cents: I like the idea of holding Wolf back a tad to help hype the new Starfox game. I hope this is what happens, I really would love to have him back.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
My 2 cents: I like the idea of holding Wolf back a tad to help hype the new Starfox game. I hope this is what happens, I really would love to have him back.
Great way to promote the new Star Fox game.

( off subject )
Wishing for a new F-Zero game

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
All this talk of Wolf... "Attention hype train passengers you have a new conductor, my name is Wolf O'Donnell. We're going to have fun with this thing called DLC. I am going to be playable thanks to DLC!" Fox,"I want Krystal in as DLC instead of you I'm getting off." (Doors lock and train speeds up screen KO ing Fox on a window. Wolf," Can't Let You Do That Star Fox!"
WOLF FOR DLC:wolf:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ascended

Smash Ace
Wolf coming out when Star Fox Wii U comes out makes a lot of sense.
A pipe dream of mine is to have Lucas come back when Mother 3 is added to the Wii U virtual console....

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
Wolf coming out when Star Fox Wii U comes out makes a lot of sense.
A pipe dream of mine is to have Lucas come back when Mother 3 is added to the Wii U virtual console....
I could see that happening too due to the e3 jokes and such.

Arklos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arklos
3DS FC
5455-9619-1086
He may have had a traumatized but that doesn't mean what he did was right. And in the game, a lot of his pokedex entries say that he has the most savage heart, implying that he's inherently hostile.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Are we still pretending that you're playing as anime Mewtwo and not just a nobody Mewtwo that was caught in the wild?

He's neither a hero or a villain in this context, he's a Pokémon that takes orders.

But for the record, the English dub has Mewtwo sound way more evil in the first movie then he actually was. He was considering what to do not intent on destroying the world.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom