• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theory on yet unrevealed characters and the WiiU/Future Unannounced DLC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DecaHibiki

Smash Apprentice
If there are gonna be DLC ice climbers are gonna be the first, for both version, literally sakurai said the didnt work like the should with IC so They can be in 3ds

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If there are gonna be DLC ice climbers are gonna be the first, for both version, literally sakurai said the didnt work like the should with IC so They can be in 3ds
I don't know if the first, but you are right about them definitely being in both.

Notably, he tried hard. I certainly hope he fixes them. If he can't, there's a lot others.

I just hope we get some other ice characters. Almost everyone else is fire-based. Strange, isn't it...

DecaHibiki

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if the first, but you are right about them definitely being in both.

Notably, he tried hard. I certainly hope he fixes them. If he can't, there's a lot others.

I just hope we get some other ice characters. Almost everyone else is fire-based. Strange, isn't it...
Does Nintendo have more ice Character? I know that luka used Pk freeze xD but is there are more Ice character from nintendo?
maybe for Navidad (christmas in english i think) Pack Ice Climbers + Lukas + more ice characters (?) also will be awesome skins for dlc more villager colors, masked dedede etc

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Does Nintendo have more ice Character? I know that luka used Pk freeze xD but is there are more Ice character from nintendo?
maybe for Navidad (christmas in english i think) Pack Ice Climbers + Lukas + more ice characters (?) also will be awesome skins for dlc more villager colors, masked dedede etc
Besides a 3rd party in Sub-Zero, well...

None I can think of. That's ice-based. I mean, Pokemon and Digimon aside, I guess. But Digimon are 3rd party, and Bamco has a character already. I think that's giving them special consideration. Not that I mind, but still.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
How about Lord Fredrik? That's him in my avatar. Ice-based, a heavyweight, a villain, and a badly needed new rep for Donkey Kong. Also, he has a magic alpine horn that can summon a dragon. That would make a great Final Smash, in addition to being totally metal.

Last edited:

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Do I think there will be DLC? Very likely. Mario Kart and Hyrule Warriors are both games that thrive from contest (more on Mario Kart) and now have DLC. So Smash Bros is a guaranteed cash cow for DLC. Do I think Ice Climbers will return? NO. Remember people, Sakurai had over 2 years to fix the problem that was holding them back and being a developer, you know when to call quits.

And in all brutal honesty, it is time we started removing the less relevant characters. From recent history with Smash Bros, they only put in franchises they know will continue or rare exceptions (Duck Hunt, R.O.B, Wii Fit Trainer, etc). And I know I will get flammed for saying this, but unless Nintendo are willing to give us Mother 3, I think it is time Ness packs up and heads home to mom too.

Of course I am only speculating. I personally love the Mother series and the Ice Climbers. I am also being brutally realistic. That is how I knew Shulk and Rosalina were in. I think recent franchise activity is what keeps Ridley from appearing as well. With Olimar's size drastically increased, the same can be done for Ridley. So then ask yourself. What is the real reason for the lack of our wishlist characters?

Geno: No activity since Super Mario RPG
Isaac: Golden Sun gets a game every 4-5 years on average
Ridley: We have not seen a game for at least 4 years now
Ness: Mother 3/4. Nuff said...
King K.Rool: Actually, this one I have no idea about. It might just be popularity compared to other characters

While popularity has a major vote for characters, a lot of our most desired take years to appear. Little Mac was one of the lucky ones. Let us be happy another old franchise has been added.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Jigglypuff is the only character from the original game that should be cut, in my opinion. I can't imagine Smash Bros. without Ness or Captain Falcon.

D

Deleted member

I think the thorough data scrubbing done by Nintendo is good evidence for DLC.

Also, removing characters because they are not really relevant anymore? They still teach you about the Romans in history class, and they kinda haven't been too relevant for centuries now. Maybe far off we could see some cuts for this reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Well it has been at least 15 years now. You can't tell me some of the original 12 aren't starting to gather dust right now? :p

D

Deleted member

For some reason, I feel the DLC would be exclusive to the future New 3DS.

'Cause, you know, all the IC problems and the 30fps Assists/Poke Balls, which the New 3DS may revise.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Well it has been at least 15 years now. You can't tell me some of the original 12 aren't starting to gather dust right now? :p
The original 12 are kinda now immortalized through Smash Bros.

If anyone is going to be cut due to no longer being relevant, it's going to be characters like Greninja and Lucina: Characters that are currently popular, but might soon fade into obscurity.

Tumbleweed Tuner

Smash Apprentice
I played as Jigglypuff to the point Rest was banned from me. But even I forgot Jigglypuff being in Smash 4 until I saw she had to be unlocked :laugh:. But cutting any character is always a disappointment, turning some into costumes is always a more favored approach.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I played as Jigglypuff to the point Rest was banned from me. But even I forgot Jigglypuff being in Smash 4 until I saw she had to be unlocked :laugh:. But cutting any character is always a disappointment, turning some into costumes is always a more favored approach.
And only if being a costume doesn't entirely take away from them. I cannot imagine Dr. Mario using the FLUDD. Sakurai apparently does not either.

Now, if Mario had the Tornado back, and one of his customs was the Megavitamins, an alt costume is fine. But that wasn't the case. In fact, the second I saw his Customs were all various fireballs, I was entirely sure he wasn't going to be an alt costume.

I feel like Lucas isn't the same story. I keep hearing that Ness absorbed Lucas' A moves to a degree, to buff him up. He still has a lot of similar animations, but he's a cross between 'em both. So, let's make Lucas an alt while reskinning all his weapons so it looks like the Mother 3 character's version. The Rope Snake could act as the bat(he can also have his own taunts), and the Yo-Yo without issues.

That's an idea. I'm also okay with him having a luigified moveset. But even as an alt, you aren't completely destroying Lucas' playstyle either. Either way.

Sadly, this isn't an easy case with everyone. Pichu will never work because his moves damages himself, and that's more than just his B moves(however, if Pikachu's custom moves including self-damaging moves, that'd be okay, but they don't, so...). Pikachu having a costume similar to Pichu's design is cool, though. Marth has a Roy clothing, and Ike has a Chrom clothing. The Goggles were already a great case.

Tumbleweed Tuner

Smash Apprentice
There is so many electric moves in Pokemon, they should have just given Pichu different ones from Pikachu. I thought Pichu only took self inflicted damage while combining voltage with another Pichu, it would be nice to see the self inflicted damage go away too.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
There is so many electric moves in Pokemon, they should have just given Pichu different ones from Pikachu. I thought Pichu only took self inflicted damage while combining voltage with another Pichu, it would be nice to see the self inflicted damage go away too.
Remove the only thing that made Pichu notable? Nah. It's easy to luigify the character. But self-damaging is the one thing that separated it from Pikachu. They played severely alike. Maybe not to Dark Pit and Lucina levels, but really close. Their knockback and damage wasn't that different, they had identical move animations and nearly the same range too.

That said, I cannot see him as an alt because there's no point without his special gimmick. It's a lame gimmick, but it's very important to the character. That's like having a super slow Sonic. You just don't do it.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I saw one theory on IGN about the gamepad controlling the bosses on stages as a fifth player during four player melee matches (like ridley, the bad guy from xenoblade, maybe Medusa, who knows)

I liked the theory, I hope it's true actually.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I saw one theory on IGN about the gamepad controlling the bosses on stages as a fifth player during four player melee matches (like ridley, the bad guy from xenoblade, maybe Medusa, who knows)

Then they wouldn't be playable on the 3DS version(they are entirely playable characters by game design at that point) without new controls.

The theory is beyond unlikely. They'd have regular controls at best. A lot have had this theory. However, the 3DS used the bottom screen for something else, which is the only notable thing the Gamepad gives to use, so unless they act exactly the same, the playable boss idea isn't happening. Remember, Sakurai said everybody will play exactly the same between each version. That blatantly includes controls. And he did say "same character experience", which means no exclusive playable characters, even if it's a boss you can play as.

You can just scrap it and move on.

Last edited:

Tumbleweed Tuner

Smash Apprentice

I did the melee glitch where you played as Master Hand, turned on stamina mode, and tried to fight some family. It was extremely unfair to me because I was as slow as the real Master Hand. The bosses have it pretty hard, they can't just be Giga Bowser style all over the map. Controlling the boss against human players in Super Smash, does not work out as well as you might think.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
The original 12 are kinda now immortalized through Smash Bros.

If anyone is going to be cut due to no longer being relevant, it's going to be characters like Greninja and Lucina: Characters that are currently popular, but might soon fade into obscurity.
Agreed. For the record, I think the original 12 are still relevant with the only one I have doubts for being Ness. The others ones have their reason (Captain Falcon became a cult classic in Smash Bros for example)

But we would be fools to deny that all characters gather dust and at some point Sakurai will ask the question "Should they stay/join?". For Mario and Link, it is a given. But for characters like Ness, Isaac, Ridley, etc, he will weigh up the pros/cons and make a choice.

Remember Sakurai is a Game Designer first and a fan-servicer second. Remember he added the Wii Fit Trainer. No-one wanted her. But now we need her. He made us need her. My point is that he is a Game Designer. And sometimes you have to make the decisions that will sting. Like the Ice Climbers.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Agreed. For the record, I think the original 12 are still relevant with the only one I have doubts for being Ness. The others ones have their reason (Captain Falcon became a cult classic in Smash Bros for example)

But we would be fools to deny that all characters gather dust and at some point Sakurai will ask the question "Should they stay/join?". For Mario and Link, it is a given. But for characters like Ness, Isaac, Ridley, etc, he will weigh up the pros/cons and make a choice.

Remember Sakurai is a Game Designer first and a fan-servicer second. Remember he added the Wii Fit Trainer. No-one wanted her. But now we need her. He made us need her. My point is that he is a Game Designer. And sometimes you have to make the decisions that will sting. Like the Ice Climbers.
Also remember that he almost replaced Ness but it was his development team and Mother 3 being delayed that got him to keep him in. And then put Lucas in Brawl. And then took him out in 4. We can safely say by now he values the Original 12 as important. He even said "I consider him quite the veteran now." To be frank, I don't think any will ever leave.

I think some characters are really safe now too beyond the Original 12. Falco, Palutena(seriously, she's kind of important), Pit, Sonic, hopefully Pac-Man and MegaMan, but they're far harder to say, some kind of Child Link(updated or not), Lucario(unless he somehow loses the fanbase), Bowser, Peach, R.O.B., Mr. Game & Watch, Wario, Marth, Ike, and I think that's it of the biggest ones. I don't think I missed a key series. Ice Climbers are safe on the grounds of "no technical issues", though.

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman

If Metal Face (Xenoblade) was a boss, we would have seen him in the 3DS Gaur Plains, but he isn't there. I think he just made a cameo in the trailer and that's it. I don't think he's a boss.

KingLucasx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordViLL
If Metal Face (Xenoblade) was a boss, we would have seen him in the 3DS Gaur Plains, but he isn't there. I think he just made a cameo in the trailer and that's it. I don't think he's a boss.
There is a wii U Gaur plains noone played on yet

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
He could be an Assist Trophy or a specific Wii U boss. We don't know if there's a Wii U Gaur Plains. But if there's another Wii U Xenoblade course, it could have him. Besides that, let's not actually forget that Sakurai puts characters on courses(background or otherwise) that wouldn't naturally go there. Silver was on Green Hill Zone. That was weird, but is proof that he isn't going to care severely about canon.

...Or there's a Wii U version of the stage. Never mind. It could be specific to it, as said above.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
No it isn't.

I'd rather Wolf be completely absent from the game than to be a costume for a character that he plays nothing like. Look at the treatment Olimar has. He has 1/2 of the amount of costumes as every other character because Sakurai thought it was a good idea to put a completely separate character (who should have been a clone over Dark Crap) as an alternate costume.

Bowser Jr, despite being a far more well known and popular character than little mac has 1/16th of the amount of costumes that Little Mac has. If I want to play as my 2nd favorite newcomer, I can only pick him in his default colour.

PA

THE

TIC.

Last edited:

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
I am 95% sure Ridley and Mewtwo will be in someway, Sakurai is just trolling us for now, I mean c'mon why would he give the fans Little Mac (one of the most requested fighter) and not give us Ridley and Mewtwo (the two most requested fighters) and then he frikkin' gives us 2 clones? (Dark Pit and Dr. Mario) c'mon guys Sakurai is a smart douchebag... Just wait :p

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
This cannot be true, the Wii U gamepad is already used to play normal Smash Bros.

ShyGuy XL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShyGuyES
3DS FC
5386-9776-6327
Jigglypuff is the only character from the original game that should be cut, in my opinion. I can't imagine Smash Bros. without Ness or Captain Falcon.
I agree Jigglypuff was good in 64 and Melee she seemed off to me in Brawl I honestly wish she get replaced by Mewtwo but how things look like that might not happen

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
No it isn't.

I'd rather Wolf be completely absent from the game than to be a costume for a character that he plays nothing like. Look at the treatment Olimar has. He has 1/2 of the amount of costumes as every other character because Sakurai thought it was a good idea to put a completely separate character (who should have been a clone over Dark Crap) as an alternate costume.

Bowser Jr, despite being a far more well known and popular character than little mac has 1/16th of the amount of costumes that Little Mac has. If I want to play as my 2nd favorite newcomer, I can only pick him in his default colour.

PA

THE

TIC.
It entirely depends the character. As of now, Ness absorbed Lucas' A moves to make a combination of them(which he still has some that Lucas does not, they are combined overall), so that would be okay.

Wolf doesn't cut it because has zero A moves in common with Fox.

Pichu doesn't cut it because he hurts himself.

Dr. Mario could not without having the Tornado and Megavitamins(as at least a custom Fireball variant, anyway. Kirby's Ice Breathe shows they can be highly different. The only difference with the Megavitamins would be a sound at best). Everything else fits. In that costume, his Smash A could look electric, and since electric fires are common... but yeah, FLUDD being back is what killed the Alt Costume idea, and you know, we already knew his Fireballs had no Megavitamins combos.

So yes, it isn't really a straight answer here. I do agree anyone that is absolutely nothing alike besides B moves is ridiculous. But those who have a lot of similarities and could be an alt without losing the part that makes them special? Not an issue.

I agree Jigglypuff was good in 64 and Melee she seemed off to me in Brawl I honestly wish she get replaced by Mewtwo but how things look like that might not happen
More like never will happen. She outpriorized Mewtwo for 3 games entirely. 64, due to her being easier to make as a semi-clone of Kirby(they have a lot of the same attacks with some slightly changed properties), Brawl due to her vet status(but supposedly was worked on way later), and 4(where we know nothing of the development of Mewtwo, so he may not have even been worked on at all. She's there. He's not. Mewtwo was considered, meaning Sakurai thought of putting him in. But we don't know if he was ever worked on due to zero coding available).

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
No it isn't.

PA

THE

TIC.
I actually thought that alt costumes that were different characters weren't a good idea after initially considering it after the Male Wii Fit Trainer reveal, on the ground that no individual character should be playable as anything else than a separate character or not be in at all.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
It entirely depends the character. As of now, Ness absorbed Lucas' A moves to make a combination of them(which he still has some that Lucas does not, they are combined overall), so that would be okay.

Wolf doesn't cut it because has zero A moves in common with Fox.

Pichu doesn't cut it because he hurts himself.

Dr. Mario could not without having the Tornado and Megavitamins(as at least a custom Fireball variant, anyway. Kirby's Ice Breathe shows they can be highly different. The only difference with the Megavitamins would be a sound at best). Everything else fits. In that costume, his Smash A could look electric, and since electric fires are common... but yeah, FLUDD being back is what killed the Alt Costume idea, and you know, we already knew his Fireballs had no Megavitamins combos.

So yes, it isn't really a straight answer here. I do agree anyone that is absolutely nothing alike besides B moves is ridiculous. But those who have a lot of similarities and could be an alt without losing the part that makes them special? Not an issue.

More like never will happen. She outpriorized Mewtwo for 3 games entirely. 64, due to her being easier to make as a semi-clone of Kirby(they have a lot of the same attacks with some slightly changed properties), Brawl due to her vet status(but supposedly was worked on way later), and 4(where we know nothing of the development of Mewtwo, so he may not have even been worked on at all. She's there. He's not. Mewtwo was considered, meaning Sakurai thought of putting him in. But we don't know if he was ever worked on due to zero coding available).
I would just say in general it's a bad idea. It's only going to lead people into disappointment. Some characters will get less costumes than others because they have to share.
Some fans of both the character who only got in as a costume, and the character who has to lose some of his costumes are going to be disappointed.

Why does "x" character only get in as a costume but "y" character can be a clone? I feel that way now about Alph and Dark Pit.

I think an exception for the Koopalings could be made, as I feel that the entire reason Bowser Jr is in the game is because of the ability to represent the Koopalings.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I would just say in general it's a bad idea. It's only going to lead people into disappointment. Some characters will get less costumes than others because they have to share.
Some fans of both the character who only got in as a costume, and the character who has to lose some of his costumes are going to be disappointed.

Why does "x" character only get in as a costume but "y" character can be a clone? I feel that way now about Alph and Dark Pit.

I think an exception for the Koopalings could be made, as I feel that the entire reason Bowser Jr is in the game is because of the ability to represent the Koopalings.
II'm pretty sure Bowser Jr.'s main notable thing is the fact he has a super unique moveset. That's kind of it. The Koopalings were just a bonus at best, and an excuse to make it look like the game has way more characters. Plus, that's 8 villains by name too.

In the end, an Alt costume and a playable character slot are not treated any different in the game. At best they might share the same victory theme, and of course have the same moveset as is.(but you can choose how you play each one with various custom moves anyway, so...) Those who were costumes and split off? The only reason for that is Sakurai wanted their moveset to be different. That's it. Nothing more.

I don't honestly think there was some special reason for his choices. But even if there is, all Sakurai has to do is find a way to keep their gimmick intact overall. This does not require an entirely unique moveset at all. Taunts/voices/reskinned moves? This does the exact same job. But it also depends the exact character. Wolf attacks very different from Fox and has a super unique playstyle, and not a single A move in common. And only his B moves were similar, but only to a degree. His Landmaster is about the only move that works like the rest. It's just more powerful and lasts less, but otherwise identical. He doesn't work as an alt. Lucas is... not on this level. Not counting that his A moves were partially thrown onto Ness, a good chunk of his moves were identical except for the fact he was attacking using some kind of PK Energy around the punch/kick. Since you can easily make it look the energy exists without it doing extra damage, him being an Alt works while making him look like his old self.

There is no easy answer, in other words. You just find a way to show off the character as unique as possible, with or without a new moveset. And unique as noted above can entirely be their voice, their taunts, victory music, and so on. Just remember, choosing which one isn't arbitrary either. Sakurai had some reason to promote certain ones from an alt to a clone. I think the only reason Alph is an alt is because he couldn't figured out how to make the Rock Pikmin unique enough to justify a new moveset, which is kind of the only thing separating him from Olimar. Meanwhile, Dark Pit strives on being "I am not Pit!" as his actual personality, so giving them different properties, different taunts, a different voice direction, and a different Final Smash wasn't hard. Lucina was probably because Marth was changed up from his Melee/Brawl self, so my theory is Lucina plays a bit more like old Marth(I would like if somebody could tell me if this is right, though). Dr. Mario was probably not an alt at all. Being that he always had different moves from Mario, but only to a degree. The unique projectile matters. He's the most different of the 3 clones. He also retains his Melee moveset in general, so while he was made from the ground up, he already had experience in creating him, so it wasn't that hard. And if he was an alt first, he just has to rework the Luigi Cyclone(and the Doctor Tornado's custom moves just happen to have the same changes as it, soooooo...)

Spatman

Smash Ace
Do I think there will be DLC? Very likely. Mario Kart and Hyrule Warriors are both games that thrive from contest (more on Mario Kart) and now have DLC. So Smash Bros is a guaranteed cash cow for DLC. Do I think Ice Climbers will return? NO. Remember people, Sakurai had over 2 years to fix the problem that was holding them back and being a developer, you know when to call quits.

And in all brutal honesty, it is time we started removing the less relevant characters. From recent history with Smash Bros, they only put in franchises they know will continue or rare exceptions (Duck Hunt, R.O.B, Wii Fit Trainer, etc). And I know I will get flammed for saying this, but unless Nintendo are willing to give us Mother 3, I think it is time Ness packs up and heads home to mom too.

Of course I am only speculating. I personally love the Mother series and the Ice Climbers. I am also being brutally realistic. That is how I knew Shulk and Rosalina were in. I think recent franchise activity is what keeps Ridley from appearing as well. With Olimar's size drastically increased, the same can be done for Ridley. So then ask yourself. What is the real reason for the lack of our wishlist characters?

King K.Rool: Actually, this one I have no idea about. It might just be popularity compared to other characters

While popularity has a major vote for characters, a lot of our most desired take years to appear. Little Mac was one of the lucky ones. Let us be happy another old franchise has been added.
Super Smash Bros. IS a Nintendo franchise.
This is enough to say Ness, Ice Climbers C.Falcon etc. ARE relevant characters of recent nintendo history, because they are in a nintendo franchise which has recent iterations.

In fact all veterans of at least two smash games are established to be in the following games. Ice climbers is the only exception owed to technical issues for 3DS version, but they are the exception that proves the rule

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I did the melee glitch where you played as Master Hand, turned on stamina mode, and tried to fight some family. It was extremely unfair to me because I was as slow as the real Master Hand. The bosses have it pretty hard, they can't just be Giga Bowser style all over the map. Controlling the boss against human players in Super Smash, does not work out as well as you might think.
Fair vs fun factor my friend. I don't think I should be able to win as the stage, though I suppose causing sudden death forever could count as a troll win. But it'd still be fun to drag Ridley's giant tail on the stage through everyone via gamepad on the Metroid stage with some really long cool downs or something to make sure I can't just be a complete tool.

I find myself in disagreement. I think I want those long ago characters first, but if I got them, I would want more recent characters. If Geno happened, Fawful would see a surge in interest. If Baby Bowser and Rosalina get in, I bet you there's going to be a lot more Captain Toad supporters for Smash Next.

Also, as Kid Icarus briefly showed (and extinguished when Sakurai said he wasn't doing it again, which I am dismayed about, it was such a fun game) Smash appearances can bring hope for a resurgence of a franchise. You think we'd be getting Star Fox Wii U if those characters weren't in Smash? It's possibly been over a decade since Assault and Command. And I'm happy we're getting Star Fox Wii U. And Metroid Next has been announced. And I'd really like if Mother 3 got announced, and Kid Icarus Uprising 2, and I'd be overjoyed at Super Mario RPG 2.

And I got Pit, who I really wanted before he appeared. And I got Little Mac, who I really wanted before he appeared. And I got Wario and Gannon in Melee, who I really wanted before they appeared. (And I briefly had Wolf, who I wanted before he appeared)

I'm very happy these franchises have been added. But I'm horribly greedy. I want as many as I can get. And Sakurai knows to always leave us wanting more. And that's why I've always made sure I've had the ability to play Smash Brothers since 64.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
well for the rumor I have ben talking about that fits this

I finally found it

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=129524882&postcount=14153
that is the rumor I have ben talking about
Actually, I think this somewhat makes sense. They were in an earlier build on the Wii U but scrapped and/or Assist Trophies for some/or a stage hazard for Ridley. He said a moving model. Is it wrong he could've meant that. He's completely guessing on the Data Transfer idea, though.

Or he could be full of it, that is definitely not impossible.

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I think this somewhat makes sense. They were in an earlier build on the Wii U but scrapped and/or Assist Trophies for some/or a stage hazard for Ridley. He said a moving model. Is it wrong he could've meant that. He's completely guessing on the Data Transfer idea, though.

Or he could be full of it, that is definitely not impossible.
He's full of it. Of course it's so vague that who knows what he is talking about. I've seen moving models of Ridley too - we all did on the April Direct. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Mewtwo was a boss as well. But I've gotten to the point that as soon as a leak even mentions Ridley at all, I immediately call BS and drop it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
He's full of it. Of course it's so vague that who knows what he is talking about. I've seen moving models of Ridley too - we all did on the April Direct. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Mewtwo was a boss as well. But I've gotten to the point that as soon as a leak even mentions Ridley at all, I immediately call BS and drop it.
Eh, DLC, starting on Wii U but DLC later(probably Data Transfers aren't available), a scrapped idea... we honestly can't discount much just because he wasn't in the 3DS version. Actually, the fact he has no trophy there is really freakin' strange as is. Sakurai bias? A hint? Nobody knows.

It's bad to assume anything until we at least know his role, which in that case, we go with 'probably fake now" at best. I've learned that DLC ignores everything. Hyrule Warriors is a fun example here; Those special 3 bosses? Announced for DLC despite never being playable in the base game at all in any way. The rest were. That's not counting the Majora's Mask characters coming(I'm sure a lot think Tingle is likely, while the other one is usually a Skull Kid vote. Now where's mah Groose?)

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
this seems to say it:

"What happened in the next year and a half was that we distilled the game down, worked out which ideas we had time to include and which we didn't. Sadly, we had to trim out many great concepts just to keep within the time contraints. I had a lot more characters, for example."​
OK so here's some substantiation but it's still a shaky quote though. It never refers specifically to Mewtwo being cut for time. It also kind of goes against the narrative that has been created since if Mewtwo was in a near-complete state like many say, that is farther along than just a "concept"... I'll give you that it is a valid possibility but I don't think it should be taken as absolute fact that it was only time that kept Mewtwo out. Especially when we know that other characters in the Forbidden 7 were not just cut for time. We also know that Game Freaks has a lot of control over who gets in for Pokemon. They may have had a say in directing Sakurai to focus more on their new prize ponies Lucario and the PT instead of Mewtwo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom