• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Zero Suit/Samus in Shorts Social

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Yes, it's the most logical choice to make, ZSS is really hard and stupid... Do you really enjoy having to play around shields in hope that they don't react to grab? I DON'T!
Ever since I started grabbing I've seen a huge boost in performance. It's p much how I beat Ally, I just stood there at neutral and grabbed him.

Oh and hard reads and stuff but ya trust me, just go for the risky grab, you'll get it every time if you're good like me and you're playing against people who don't think you're gonna grab for w/e reason

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
You know what else is sorta like grabbing with ZSS in terms of being high risk high reward?

Reading that your opponent is not going to airdodge (because they're aware that you're going to wait for the airdodge and punish) when juggling, so you just ****ing jump at their **** and upB. I got dthrow --> upB and dthrow fair --> land, then jump DJ upB at the last weekly. ****'s hilarious

Edit: These are the kinds of the mixups you should probably only try against really good players/players that know the ZSS MU though

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
And yet you still play her. There's gotta be a reason you play her.
Because Samus is #1 in our hearts why else would she be unplayable in her new game as a main character?
She's obviously to cool to be #1 of top tier let alone be the main character of federation force or whatever they want to call it.

@ infiniteV115 infiniteV115 was the down throw up b a jump canceled up b out of the initial dash?

I've been landing some of those randomly at times where I thought it should be impossible at those % s, however I realized I threw my respect for the victims out the window and had embraced the @ DeLux DeLux philosophy of living , dying and a small splash of taking life with the boost kick.

XD.

Last edited:

ZeroSnipist

Smash Apprentice
Hey ZSS players! We from the Ryu boards are making a doubles thread. The purpose of the thread is to find the best partner for Ryu. I'm going to invite as many people I can at once and get discussions going on all at once. We invite you to our dojo and hope you could help us discuss Zero Suit Samus and Ryu in doubles. Thank you in advance!

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
An excerpt from the journal of Lux -

Day 250

My opponents have just discovered that they can hit for free when I am in RCO Lag. I fear the end is near.
My aura leads them to believe I'm a Zero Suit Savant. Before my time is done they will know I'm a Zero Suit Savage.

Last edited:

Honor

Smash Apprentice
Is SmashCon in Northern VA going to be a big deal?

When you look at their website it looks like all the smash games will have a massive presence but nobody seems to talking about it. I suppose it's being overshadowed by EVO, which makes sense.

Just wondering :)

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
SO How did my Zero suit Bois and Gurls do for Evo so far?

An excerpt from the journal of Lux -

Day 250

My opponents have just discovered that they can hit for free when I am in RCO Lag. I fear the end is near.
My aura leads them to believe I'm a Zero Suit Savant. Before my time is done they will know I'm a Zero Suit Savage.
Do not despair that just means you must land boost kick twice as a much to re-instill the fear of the zss boost kick into them.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
http://smashboards.com/threads/viability-survey-v1-competitive-impressions.410551/

So this happened and Zamus ended up as 5th.
As a character, so much is and was riding on Nairo's performances. People were voting her as high as second and she barely etched out behind Luigi (although she was ahead at multiple times and any single difference in a vote would shift it, haha). While not all of us would be confident she's 5th in the game, she definitely has some of the most exposure at top level right now, and we can't really take this as saying Zamus >>>>>>> Diddy (or Meta Knight), but rather it is all pretty close considering.

Out of these, we seem to do well against Rosalina. We can generally agree we at least lose slightly to Sheik and Pikachu, while Mario and Ness aren't fun for us either. Most see us having a solid advantage on Luigi, which while theoretically not "fourth" is very centralising and not having to worry about the pocket dash grab army is helpful at many levels.

Take 5

Smash Apprentice
So I think we can all agree boost kick is the optimal follow-up after d-smash at kill percents?

Or is that as DI-able as the first hit of f-smash? :facepalm:

David Viran

Smash Lord
Congratulations to @ Nairo Nairo for taking 3rd at EVO. Really wanted to see that zero rematch because of those unfortunate instances.

@ Take 5 Take 5 I didn't get to see it but I don't think that was because zero DIed it but because the kb of dsmash started the second before fsmash hit.

Last edited:

Take 5

Smash Apprentice
Congratulations to @ Nairo Nairo for taking 3rd at EVO. Really wanted to see that zero rematch because of those unfortunate instances.

@ Take 5 Take 5 I didn't get to see it but I don't think that was because zero DIed it but because the kb of dsmash started the second before fsmash hit.
Hmm, guess I'll have to rewatch it. But I don't want to.

I really don't want to...

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
So I think we can all agree boost kick is the optimal follow-up after d-smash at kill percents?

Or is that as DI-able as the first hit of f-smash? :facepalm:
Sexy Kick is fairly easy to hit and bAir is also a possibility.
Losing two rounds to a ****ed up followup must have really thrown Nairo off balance.
He didn't feel on point at all next match.
Third is still great though.
And ZeRo will start focussing on Melee now.

Take 5

Smash Apprentice
Sexy Kick is fairly easy to hit and bAir is also a possibility.
Losing two rounds to a ****ed up followup must have really thrown Nairo off balance.
He didn't feel on point at all next match.
Third is still great though.
And ZeRo will start focussing on Melee now.
So it's still possible to fall out of a point-blank grounded boost kick at 100+ percent?

Even so I may have just gone for it rather than risk a flip kick/b-air follow-up (which Nairo unfortunately flubbed earlier against Mr. R). Tournament nerves are real.

Peahnuts

Smash Cadet
Really appreciate nairo showing off zss at the top level of play, and props on 3rd. But mannnn did I want him to take those sets against zero then Mr. R. I'm 99% sure zero didn't do some crazy DI to get out of fsmash but rather nairo charged it too long so zero was already being launched from dsmash a little. I understand why he attempted the charge considering zero was only at 90-100% and they weren't at the edge of the stage. I think the optimal follow up would have been jump back (so she does the backflip animation) then flip kick. This gives you so much time to aim your flip kick compared to the regular runback-jump-reverse flip kick, that it's hard to miss. Don't think I've missed it in tournament yet.

Choke city in that set against Mr. R though :(. Nairo is looking closer than ever to take a major in terms of raw ability but he can't let his mind get to him like yesterday. Which is way harder than it must seem when so much is at stake.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
So it's still possible to fall out of a point-blank grounded boost kick at 100+ percent?

Even so I may have just gone for it rather than risk a flip kick/b-air follow-up (which Nairo unfortunately flubbed earlier against Mr. R). Tournament nerves are real.
You have to catch the DI properly with boost kick but if you do it right, they won't fall out unless they are space furries.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
What % were they at when the F-smash was being charged? at certain kill %s and with rage you can just get the last hit of boost kick no matter how they DI because even if they DI to make it so they go lower, They get launched high enough into the boost kick from the ground.

I need to go and watch the Evo sets because I need to take dem notes xD.

Glyphagos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphagos
3DS FC
0490-7952-6058
What % were they at when the F-smash was being charged? at certain kill %s and with rage you can just get the last hit of boost kick no matter how they DI because even if they DI to make it so they go lower, They get launched high enough into the boost kick from the ground.

Ugh it's too painful to rewatch those sets.

Peahnuts

Smash Cadet

Ok looking back at the set, zero might have actually died if the second hit landed cause of max rage zss. It wasn't by much, but they were definitely on the left side of the stage. I sympathize with the charge though cause I don't even go for fsmash unless they're at 110+ and at the edge of the stage but boost kick/flip kick was probably the right choice in this situation if nairo was uncertain of fmash's kill potential (which he apparently was).

Included a screenshot of nairo charging to show percents.

EDIT: just like CEO vs zero this was really hard to watch back. not sure my zss soul can take it lol.

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Ok looking back at the set, zero might have actually died if the second hit landed cause of max rage zss. It wasn't by much, but they were definitely on the left side of the stage. I sympathize with the charge though cause I don't even go for fsmash unless they're at 110+ and at the edge of the stage but boost kick/flip kick was probably the right choice in this situation if nairo was uncertain of fmash's kill potential (which he apparently was).

Included a screenshot of nairo charging to show percents.

EDIT: just like CEO vs zero this was really hard to watch back. not sure my zss soul can take it lol.

Being perfectly honest what were the circumstances for that downsmash he got? was it charged? I am assuming it was up close so she would have received the strong launch from downsmash, I am also gonna go out on a limb and assume that was probably a fresh downsmash so shiek being launched high enough to get hit by the final hit was possible with that rage? i donno I am going to have to check it out when I stop johning.

Last edited:

Take 5

Smash Apprentice
Is SmashCon in Northern VA going to be a big deal?

When you look at their website it looks like all the smash games will have a massive presence but nobody seems to talking about it. I suppose it's being overshadowed by EVO, which makes sense.

Just wondering :)
Looks like 500+ Sm4sh entrants, with ZeRo attending. I really hope Nairo will be there for the rematch :bluejump:

Edit: He is! Let's go!!!

Last edited:

Glyphagos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphagos
3DS FC
0490-7952-6058
Looks like 500+ Sm4sh entrants, with ZeRo attending. I really hope Nairo will be there for the rematch :bluejump:
Eh despite performing valiantly and with his best and just a great player in general, I've lost faith and belief in Nairo nowadays. No offense intended to anyone.

DragonBall_Zack

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure if this is allowed but I made renders of every single ZSS alternate costumes if anyone wants them lol. They look a bit bad in the imgur gallery but they're fine when used in Photoshop. http://imgur.com/a/LELcc#0

EDIT: I'm gonna re-edit them to get rid of the pixels. I couldn't see them before lmao.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Choking means the result is a fluke and he only choked at one tournament. Nairo is still one of the most consistent players out there,

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I'm just mad that Nairo still died to an uAir airdodge bait.
I don't understand why he refuses to dSpecial them instead.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
/late to the party

I was out for the weekend and had to watch EVO late. Even though I had a rough day for... lots of reasons, I stayed up and watched the top 8 replays. And then I caught the sadness after seeing those down smashes. Biggest sadface.

Even so, @ Nairo Nairo played beautifully. I have a lot to learn from those matches (my sub-region's strongest player is Sheik!) I look forward to him making last... boost... to the top!

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
From what I remember, you can airdodge earlier than performing other actions, meaning sometimes it's the only option?
Even if this is the case, ZeRo waited for the airdodge. There was more than enough time.
If it would be true Nairo would have to mix up his options. If not, it's the second best option right after jumping (if available).

Nairo

Banned via Administration
Even if this is the case, ZeRo waited for the airdodge. There was more than enough time.
If it would be true Nairo would have to mix up his options. If not, it's the second best option right after jumping (if available).
Thats the whole point of the 50/50 lol. The sheik either can immediately upair and hit you if you dont airdodge quick enough or the sheik can wait for the airdodge and uair. She has all the control after the dthrow, at that high percent using down b and jump will force you to land to the ground aka 1 needle = hitstun/cant land. Its a pretty hard scenario

Top Bottom