• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Zero Suit/Samus in Shorts Social

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
it's probably based on damage.
Closer range/further away paraylzer/dsmash do less damage.

But then staleness would effect it? Who knows.

But yeah double paralyzing is a thing because sometimes the knockback of the move will put them into the ground while they're still in hit stun, allowing another parallelization. If I get a landing paralyzer at certain percent I sometimes think "down smash" and have that work out. Knowing exactly the best times/applications would be helpful.

David Viran

Smash Lord
I was talking about about a straight dsmash follow up after a dsmash hit confirm and then still getting an aerial after.

David Viran

Smash Lord
Also when the patch drops, first thing that needs to be tested to see if Boost Kick still has RCO if you're hit out of it.
If that gets fixed.
OH BOY.
I'll be a monster.
We also need test the Kb on up b right away because if she does get nerfed at all up b will be the first to go.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
They could make it kill like 20-30% earlier and I won't care if it doesn't have RCO.

I will take a 4 frame hitting low on the ground option to aggressive trade/clank with people. Right now if someone grabs at the same time as you up-b, you dont' get grabbed but they get like a 20+ frame punish. No thank you.

[this would just mean that we'd have to look at comboing into aerial up-b's more so, and we'd even have a safer time doing so as trading with an aerial won't have the same aforementioned result]

Last edited:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Is this character the new #1 then.

Might even be a tie between several. :O

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
She isn't cancer though.
Sure she is on Wifi, but wifi is cancer full stop.

As long as dodges on reaction are a thing, she'll be fair for any character with a solid neutral game.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
ZSS is nowhere near #1.
What do you plan to do now?
Dropping her? Picking up a secondary? Try harder with her alone?
I feel like in the end, the Nairo way is the way to go, although maybe not with as many characters.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
@ Tobi_Whatever Tobi_Whatever It was a lame joke based on a realization I made quite a bit ago, but basically it was due to the fact that in metriod prime 3 she gets exposed to a high dose of phazon from dark samus during the beginning.

Throughout the game she has a small or golf ball sized mass of phazon growing in her body , corrupting/altering the cells in her body? and it had very aggressive growth spurts where it suddenly increases in size.

This causes her to experience symptoms such as nausea, vomiting and the sometimes frequet phazon mode (when enemies threw phazon grenades at you).

Stupid and I'm a fraud and should feel bad for even suggesting it xD. was just bored at work sorry T.T

Last edited:

Crescent_Sun

Smash Apprentice
She isn't cancer though.
Sure she is on Wifi, but wifi is cancer full stop.

As long as dodges on reaction are a thing, she'll be fair for any character with a solid neutral game.
Been playing For Glory for the first time since the Wii U came out to practice with ZSS and I quickly learned how people have started using the nickname feature to send insults like "ur cheap" etc. Helps give opinions of what people think of your character....

The Captain Falcon users in particular seem angry all the time. Whether I'm using MM or ZSS.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Been playing For Glory for the first time since the Wii U came out to practice with ZSS and I quickly learned how people have started using the nickname feature to send insults like "ur cheap" etc. Helps give opinions of what people think of your character....

The Captain Falcon users in particular seem angry all the time. Whether I'm using MM or ZSS.
just ignore them they are just mad that they get 0-death ed on bf platforms.

ZSS can't spam because she loses to shield , she gets bullied by a lot of the cast and pushed to the ledge because lasers only work when they hit or the enemy is stupid...

BTW @ Crescent_Sun Crescent_Sun I take it your also on the Zero for smash 4 bandwagon?

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
just ignore them they are just mad that they get 0-death ed on bf platforms.

ZSS can't spam because she loses to shield , she gets bullied by a lot of the cast and pushed to the ledge because lasers only work when they hit or the enemy is stupid...

BTW @ Crescent_Sun Crescent_Sun I take it your also on the Zero for smash 4 bandwagon?
That's right she can't spam even though she has a lot of good MU's I still feel she has to work harder than most of the cast for that W against competent players.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
That's right she can't spam even though she has a lot of good MU's I still feel she has to work harder than most of the cast for that W against competent players.
For sure god do I know the struggle how do you think about the hell levels of progressing in smash... facing V115 and having him literally murder me and put me in a box.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
@ Tobi_Whatever Tobi_Whatever It was a lame joke based on a realization I made quite a bit ago, but basically it was due to the fact that in metriod prime 3 she gets exposed to a high dose of phazon from dark samus during the beginning.

Throughout the game she has a small or golf ball sized mass of phazon growing in her body , corrupting/altering the cells in her body? and it had very aggressive growth spurts where it suddenly increases in size.

This causes her to experience symptoms such as nausea, vomiting and the sometimes frequet phazon mode (when enemies threw phazon grenades at you).

Stupid and I'm a fraud and should feel bad for even suggesting it xD. was just bored at work sorry T.T
It's perfectly fine to make bad jokes at work. I do it all the time and you have my full support.
By the way did you ever take a look at my combo video? Was it any use? Want to see something specific?
I'm slowly burning out on MonHun and Uni starts soon so I'll have more time on my hands again.
I know it probably wasn't too useful but it was a good start for me to get into this stuff.

Out of the top tier, she has to work the hardest in the neutral but I feel like her punishes somewhat even it out. Somewhat.
I also feel like we haven't seen everything yet of what she is capable of in the neutral.
Especially bAir still feels underused and the whole PP business.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
It's perfectly fine to make bad jokes at work. I do it all the time and you have my full support.
By the way did you ever take a look at my combo video? Was it any use? Want to see something specific?
I'm slowly burning out on MonHun and Uni starts soon so I'll have more time on my hands again.
I know it probably wasn't too useful but it was a good start for me to get into this stuff.

Out of the top tier, she has to work the hardest in the neutral but I feel like her punishes somewhat even it out. Somewhat.
I also feel like we haven't seen everything yet of what she is capable of in the neutral.
Especially bAir still feels underused and the whole PP business.

Yeah I saw severAL of the combos in your video and it was helpful, however I still need to figure out my style of zss I gurus?

For now I have 2 major things I'd like to work on since I am seemingly starting to mix up properly.

1. Perfect pivot mastery lv 9.( The ammount of random pp downsmashes I land I'm bracket sets is statting to increase)

2 being able to do all her true combos.
I'm starting to like the feel of landing falling up air to boost kick at low % s

Trying to figure out more options For things I've starting falling from ledge to jumping side b it's...surprisingly effective with how some people space themselves at the ledge when edge guarding.

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
I was testing lateral kick custom yesterday and this thing can kill at like 50 PRE hit at the ledge. It's better to be on your last stock though because if your too close to the ledge you just SD afterwards. From center of FD it was consistently killing PRE hit at 105 on Wii fit trainer with good DI on the last hit.

I didn't get to test everything I wanted with its reliability to hit while the opponent DIs but I found that up and away and up and in were the most problematic. I could still catch them, except on Fox seriously I thought his weight and fall speed were supposed to screw him over but he just falls out of everything. The angle this thing hits at on the last hit is pretty much straight horizontal.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
You know the whole frame cancelling / perfect landing thing?
I did it the other day with our flip jump kick; it's probably completely impractical to ever try to get it but goes to show it's not just aerials.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
So I've been through hectic weekend at this Niagara tourney so can someone elaborate on that one ^^^^^^ .
Are you talking about flip jump kicking at a point hight enough so that when she kicks You can perform any action once you fall down a set distance?

So like
flip jump kick the right place
-> wait till you land and when you land her end lag has finished
-> instant flip jump kick again ?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
No I'm referring to that feature where hitting someone with an aerial just as you're about to land "doubles up" your landing lag with your hit lag.

I, accidentally, was able to do this with flip jump kick as well (so I hit the opponent horizontally slightly above the ground) and was able to act near immediately.
So in theory, you'd be able to combo something out of it.

Last edited:

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Came in 2 out of 39 yesterday using ZSS at our super local (used my Diddy one set but lost with it in WSF, ZSS the whole time for every other game including the runback in LF). Played some pretty solid sets on stream which were recorded HD. I'll link when they get put up!

Last edited:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Sometimes I Imagine @ DeLux DeLux going around his city from house to house, ringing, waiting for the door to open, and then asking in a very calm voice:
"Do you have a minute for our lord and saviour boost kick?"

Great tourney man.

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
He bopped me whenever I wasn't :4sonic: lol. I got some lucky wins with :4greninja: a couple times too.

Indeed. Good games! Your perfect pivots were insane lol.
:018:

Yeah bro those games were insane by far my best WiFi session.
Once I saw your name I was then pondering your identity and forgot to change my name back by the time the timer ended (previous opponent), so I was there and literally kept trying to be aware of everything I did (my controls are so far from default)because I thought if it was infact you and I was just exposed as a fraud you might just leave and
I'd feel like T.T. so from game 2 I had tried to ask if it was actually you And switched to my name.

I was seriously like "he's spacing so well and reading me with pivot grabs, up smashes the whole shabang, he's got NS infront of his name which could be his sponsor or soemthing" .

In anycase once I looked at your mii and the way you were memorizing me with your what seemed like random areials just for spacing I realized the severity of the danger.

For a long time now I've felt that zss needed something for on the ground aside from lasers and grabs to get opponents air borne.

Perfect pivot mastery for down smashes seemed legit so I've been trying to work it in.
Which is why I was pping almost as much as possible.

Your reads were outstanding there were times when I felt a tad helpless because I needed to chip at you and I could very seldom find an opening or create one.

I loved how every time I resolved to comit
and punish your sonic spin dash you were like in my head and retorted with homing attacks.
that air dodge bait up air reads you did on me was just @,@.

I'm extremely content that I got to have what felt like a training session I've needed vs a superior opponent for a long time now.

P.S when you were doing your sh nairs with Greninja I swear I experienced traumatizing flash backs of apex with your wolf shines XD.

Great games bro take it easy and hopefully I reach a tourney we can do a few games or sets.

Last edited:

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
No I'm referring to that feature where hitting someone with an aerial just as you're about to land "doubles up" your landing lag with your hit lag.

I, accidentally, was able to do this with flip jump kick as well (so I hit the opponent horizontally slightly above the ground) and was able to act near immediately.
So in theory, you'd be able to combo something out of it.
So... like... you hit with the flip kick and landed immediately after without bouncing off the opponent? If I'm understanding that right, then we could flip kick to flip kick? ha ha

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
So about way above on this page could of sworn stun time is % and charge time based as well as whether you hit up close or on the end.,but might be placebo effect T.T.

Except lasers have set stun(s).

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
It is based on % and distance away. There's actually a hitbox on dsmash directly behind her but I think it's a sour spot.

Top Bottom