• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Zero Suit/Samus in Shorts Social

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Well that just makes me want to cry even more T.T.

Whelp picking up that wii u today zomg the excite to much gotta think of a training regime, or some sort of cooky obstacle course to practice fluid movement anyone have any of those lying around on their Setups?

Last edited:

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Well that just makes me want to cry even more T.T.

Whelp picking up that wii u today zomg the excite to much gotta think of a training regime, or some sort of cooky obstacle course to practice fluid movement anyone have any of those lying around on their Setups?
If you find one, let me know - I've been meaning to make a 'training course' myself

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
If you find one, let me know - I've been meaning to make a 'training course' myself
Sure granted your not on the grind/quest to be the best zss in the world because there can only be...yeah nvm that sounds lame as hell I'll let you know xD.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Tournament today
My plan is to go ZSS to the death.
And by "to the death", I mean to the losers bracket.

Then Diddy Kong is probably coming out :p

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
I got murdered by a diddy yesterday in pools , then In bracket later lost to kid goggles's shiek on stream a Mario almost exposed me on it after (eff plumbers).

Losing to a power ranked Luigi afterwards the dream was dead quite early but there was 110 ppl in it though.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Won a tournament yesterday, I was mostly using Marth (and Sheik against Fox in Winner's Finals), but my zss did come out and generally dominate (no dropped matches, but my only losses for the day were a set dropped in pools [I could've been knocked out of the tournament had it not been for that guy dropping a set to someone else]).
I got a WiiU on thursday and someone at the tournament was kind enough to give me an GC adapter to use.
I may finally have the time to truly and legitimately lab with this character.

Y'know things are going well when people say "GOOD READ" but in fact it was just me
REACTION SPEED.
1363930561559.gif

I guess I won this mini-tournament with pure ZSS. It was a single 8 man smash game with a 10 minute timer, we random'd the stage and it was regular Battlefield. Felt ZSS was my best shot after seeing all the heavy picks.
I won the official game guide for it too (which apparently is $50+). All my flip jump tech skill came into full effect as I just sniped the person with the highest damage, on stage or off stage.

Last edited:

BreaD-

Smash Rookie
i wish i had high reaction speed, it probly gets better the more you play tho. atleast i hope rofl

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
So am I the only one who prefers her Brawl dash attack over this one? Sure the speed is great but the ending animation suffers quite a bit of lag. This is a problem since most of the time I could never get a follow up, whereas in brawl you could follow up into pretty much anything. Not to mention its very easy to get punished after the dash attack from said lag.

If anyone knows of any viable way/glitch to reduce the amount of lag you recieve during this attk it would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I sometimes instinctively go for a DA to punish stuff and immediately try to jump to find out I messed up the follow up. smh

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
So am I the only one who prefers her Brawl dash attack over this one? Sure the speed is great but the ending animation suffers quite a bit of lag. This is a problem since most of the time I could never get a follow up, whereas in brawl you could follow up into pretty much anything. Not to mention its very easy to get punished after the dash attack from said lag.

If anyone knows of any viable way/glitch to reduce the amount of lag you recieve during this attk it would be much appreciated.
Not at all. Brawls dash attack could combo into itself at certain percents and bad di to which you could end in a double d smash to free follow up. It was very fun to carry someone across state with this.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord

I only prefer 2 parts to her brawl dash attack the legendary dash attack lock which is RIP.
and the "El oh El I'm a just hope over these low ass projectiles Kay ness/Lucas? "

Aside from that I like this dash attack although I try to only use it for rolls and follow ups kinda.

Last edited:

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Did OK at a local even last weekend. Got the Diddy Experience (TM) finally, and got wiped from the bracket by Diddy Kong. I got rushed down by grabs and well place shields. I tried to respond by grabbing... but those were read too. I'm guessing I just fell into a pattern. I'll have to review the video when it's up. But I also got some sweet flip kick stuff... with video soon, I hope! I'll post in the video thread when it all shakes out!

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
My day 1.71 Sheik is 10x better than my day 171 ZSS at the Sheik MU. Just saying guys

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
I'm really debating bwing usurped by the dark side and picking up a pocket shiek for the supposed "chain grab" she has at really low %s.

That or a fox for run away scum bag laser if till the jab lock gimmick he has zzz.

Lus146

Smash Cadet
Hello all! I am new to actually posting on SB, I've been lurking for a little while. Figured I'd introduce myself to my fellow Zero Suit players

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
*waves* Yo sup? Welcome to one of our many gunships just leave your power suit at the....hmm debating what to call the entrance a platform? The door? *sigh* and this is another reason why I'm a fraud... T.T

@ Jaxas Jaxas of course you like the part where I admit I'm a fraud ass zss xD.
whelp 2 tournament this weekend and I forgot to practice again (gc adapter johns) guess the fraudulent streak Continues for a tad while longer.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
You might not have noticed but I was gone, and now I'm back.
Also the video is (sort of) finished. Well at least the alpha is.
I posted it in the combo video thread and some thoughts on it.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I've started using side-b a bit more.

I think it's niche is
"when very well spaced isn't punishable".
When used against aerial opponents actually properly chains into itself.
Why does it matter? Well, I don't like having to be the character which feels forced to approach or to be attacking against defensive actions. "Fishing" for the kill is way too dangerous on a light character like this, but when character's punishment options on side-b are dash grab/attack at BEST, and it actually gets your opponent moving... HMM "potential".

On top of that side-b final hit into flip kick is a hit confirm chain worth exploring. I think if people are DI-ing in they'll pop upwards rather than away. If it knocks people off stage with the non-sweetspot you'll wreck any immediate jumps/recovery moves.

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
Watch out with side b in some MU's like sonic he has the ground speed to always punish it. Since customs are being used we need to look into the combo potential of side b 3 whip lash.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Well in general, I only just realised that her side-b fills much the same usages as Falco's explosive blaster, which -only works- because of having shine as an alternative "more optimal" poke.

i.e. edge guarding from a distance or as a horizontal "no go zone" for an opponent to worry about. Our alternative tool is obviously zair, and the only way for people to deal with that is being grounded. Side-b is our next longest ranged tool that is significantly safer than grab and can hit grounded opponents.

If Whip Lash has any form of higher start up or more ending lag I would say the ticket remains in the default's seat. Do we have frame data on those specials yet?

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
I don't think there is any more or less start up on whip lash but there's no frame data on side b yet. The only drawback I'm aware of is having the sour spots hit boxes taken away.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
I don't think there is any more or less start up on whip lash but there's no frame data on side b yet. The only drawback I'm aware of is having the sour spots hit boxes taken away.
  1. Plasma Whip (aerial--hitboxes in subroutine)
  2. Enables state transition on real frame 20
  3. Cancels state transition on real frame 21

4. Plasma Dash (aerial--other hitboxes in subroutine)
  5. Frame 23-24: 2% 100f/50w 50° 0.8-Hitlag 0.0-SDI
  6. Max Damage: 2%
  7. Cancels state transition on real frame 1

8. Whip Lash (aerial--hitboxes in subroutine)
  9. Enables state transition on real frame 17
  10. Cancels state transition on real frame 18
Whip lash enters it's transition three frames faster. However, the info on the whip itself (how long it takes to move forward, when hitboxes show up) seem to be missing.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
So it could potentially be faster.
Yep. Though doesn't it only hit at the start and end? Or something like that. The locals I go to have recently done customs-on events and I've landed it... once.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I wanted to pop in here cuz I started fiddling with this character and she is SO GOOD MY GOD. Except for her yucky grab, which is very very off-putting but I'll deal. I don't normally play such zippy characters, so her fall speed, run speed, and aerial movement is very refreshing. Utilt is my favorite utilt in the game. Dsmash and blaster feel unfair sometimes. I've never played a character with a zair though. wtf is this little curly fig whip haha

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Figured I'd post my silhouettes in the social threads!

[collapse=Bikini Time]

[/collapse]

David Viran

Smash Lord
Oh yeah double dsmash is pretty viable at about 100%. It works guaranteed into uair and if you read the DI you can get a Bair or down B. Rage affects stun time I'm pretty sure too.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Oh yeah double dsmash is pretty viable at about 100%. It works guaranteed into uair and if you read the DI you can get a Bair or down B. Rage affects stun time I'm pretty sure too.
Rage affects stun time? That would surprise me. Not as in wouldn't-believe-you surprise me but as in wouldn't-have-guessed-it surprise me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom