• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Zero Suit/Samus in Shorts Social

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
@ Tobi_Whatever Tobi_Whatever

Question how are you testing the training mode combos by setting the cpu to run? Or by the combo counter/ using that other controller.

I was wondering something regarding the fast faller like shiek/fox would it b possible for us to downsmash x (y) times -> flip jump burial as a low % combo starter?

By x (y) I meant what ever max number of times we can link down smash on them.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
@ Tobi_Whatever Tobi_Whatever

Question how are you testing the training mode combos by setting the cpu to run? Or by the combo counter/ using that other controller.

I was wondering something regarding the fast faller like shiek/fox would it b possible for us to downsmash x (y) times -> flip jump burial as a low % combo starter?

By x (y) I meant what ever max number of times we can link down smash on them.
I'm testing the DI in training mode with a second controller below my feet.

Chaining dSmash doesn't work at all at low percent. To even connect 2 dSmashes your opponent needs 38% at which you have better options after dSmash and those two dSmashes wouldn't have any followup possibilities at all.

David Viran

Smash Lord
Just got back from my first tournament ever. Unfortunately did not make it out of pools but I might have if I didn't die to links fsmash at the ledge below 70% twice on my last stock. I only died from poor DI and I hate myself but I still had fun.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Last edited:

CatStache

Smash Cadet
NNID
CatStache
Just got back from my first tournament ever. Unfortunately did not make it out of pools but I might have if I didn't die to links fsmash at the ledge below 70% twice on my last stock. I only died from poor DI and I hate myself but I still had fun.
Link's so brutal.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Won 2 sets lost to Morkz won another set.

The Ryoko losers bracket has no brakes riding this till my final destination .
xD

*update Won 2 more sets and got a pass since someone dipped Zss sisters please raise your paralyzers into the air and give me some of your energy .

The train it has no brakes.

Last edited:

hiROI

Smash Lord
Came back from a tournament just now. Got 1st in Doubles with my partner Noa (Ness). That team is sooo much fun, especially the healing,

In singles I got 7th. I blacked out in the middle of game 3 in losers and my head started to drop and I lost complete focus. I lost by an SD. I drank a lot of water and sat down afterwards for a while. Either I was dehydrated, couldn't take the heat and congestion of venue or something. Next time I'll do better y'all!

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Yes and no, he says personally that he's not feeling her as much as he thought he would , however it is of no importance I will continue my working in converting him back over to our side.

And confirmed I out placed V got 7th at the tournament and finally took home money that was not from a MM... granted my oppoents before I was Eliminated had to go, I still put in that work ^.^ basically got a free tourney ($20).

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
Nairo though just beat false in a grand finals on stream. He reset it then 3od him I'm the last set with zss. I would say zss has some pretty decent representation in high level play as of now.

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Geeze now my accomplishment seems a tad lackluster xD. I'm gonna have to watch their set though.

Wondering how many Yolo boost kick KO's he got This time xD.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Guyys, I made someone rage quit after numerous win streaks as regular samus. This was the best accomplishment I've ever made in smash; thank you based chozox.

I'm getting bodied as zss though, usually small characters do that.

Last edited:

CatStache

Smash Cadet
NNID
CatStache
In friendly Doubles I got 2nd with my partner who played Pikachu most of the bracket until the Grand Finals where he wasnt doing well and switched back zelda who he played in the previous friendly Doubles Tourney.(We got 2nd in that too) Lost to losers bracket winners. :( Lost to Peach/Link. So salty.

Last edited:

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I won a tournament yesterday guys

Celebrated by eating all of my winnings going to McDonalds, Taco Bell, and Burger King to commemorate the achievement.

Could have sworn I posted this yesterday night but alcohol.

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord

Celebrated by eating all of my winnings going to McDonalds, Taco Bell, and Burger King to commemorate the achievement.
Who was there? Also congrats.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever

Could have sworn I posted this yesterday night but alcohol.
Great work as always, but watch out for those saturated fatty acids.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Who was there? Also congrats.
1. Lux ($63)
2. Amazing Ampharos ($35)
3. Bonds ($17)
4. Outstanding Oshawott
5. Junglechief
5. Fragger
7. Tupac
7. Toffee
9. Brail_L2k
9. NLS SilentProtagonist
9. Blackout
9. Grin
13. badluck
13. The Law
13. Kiwi
13. Ribbet
17. Shaka
17. Kronos
17. Super Pepperoni
17. PT Bruiser
17. Blitz
17. Echobo
17. Squid

It was a pretty meaningful tournament for me. I honestly feel like I played really poorly with ZSS, but was still able to gut out a win overall. Moreover, I've been kind of down on the game lately since the whole Apex fallout, so it was nice to kind of get myself out of a bad place mentally. Competition wasn't as strong as usual KS affairs though.

Last edited:

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Im pretty sure im just going to go luigi for sheik and diddy. I want to say zss is 3rd best in game, but its hard to justify when she has 2 awful matchups as #1 and #2 (diddy sheik)

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Hey, guys, not sure where I should post this, but I'm a villager main looking for a wifi partner so I can get the MU down. If this is a bad place to post this, please redirect me.

David Viran

Smash Lord
Im pretty sure im just going to go luigi for sheik and diddy. I want to say zss is 3rd best in game, but its hard to justify when she has 2 awful matchups as #1 and #2 (diddy sheik)
I personally don't think the sheik MU is bad at all and I know a lot of other people think so. The Diddy MU there is some other factors like couching or crawling might actually be good against him. But it's still early and MU's will get more accurate as time goes on. As of right now I think we go about even with sheik and 6 4 with Diddy.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I get where you're coming from but I think at least the Sheik MU isn't that bad, simply because our OOS options really limit her approaches. She also has to hit us like three times as often to get the same damage and we kill far earlier and have more KO options. I mean she destroys us in the neutral and I still think it's in her favour but it doesn't fell unplayable to me.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
A diddy spamming shield and holding a banana is literally the most threatening neutral in the entire game. I don't think we have an answer

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
My answer is to grab.

But nah, I can't see this match-up going anywhere near aggressive though.

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
A diddy spamming shield and holding a banana is literally the most threatening neutral in the entire game. I don't think we have an answer
First off you should pressure the crap out of him if he tries to take a banana out. Make it so if he picks up the banana he will get punished while trying to get the banana yourself if you can. When he does get it your not completely screwed as you can mindgame him into missing it like if you nair his sheild you can sheild in time to block the banana. Spamming sheild will get him grabed but good sheild habits are what sucks.

CatStache

Smash Cadet
NNID
CatStache
Nairo though just beat false in a grand finals on stream. He reset it then 3od him I'm the last set with zss. I would say zss has some pretty decent representation in high level play as of now.
Hey, guys, not sure where I should post this, but I'm a villager main looking for a wifi partner so I can get the MU down. If this is a bad place to post this, please redirect me.
Are you specifically looking for a partner who is a ZSS main?

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
In diddy mu I was wondering if it was possible to sh/full hop FF zair all his nana pulls since they normally jump and up away from you, land the zair and grab it then just keep away from him for a bit of time.

With her run speed we should be able to bait the "safe range" and run at him when ever we see him feeling safe, anticipating a sh/full hop nana pull possibly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom