• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Zero Suit/Samus in Shorts Social

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Sigh f my life I don't have a wii u so I won't be getting a cD that people will sell for like 100+$

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I may or may not have accidentally slept past the deadline. IN my defense the site was bull****ting me yesterday.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I may or may not have accidentally slept past the deadline. IN my defense the site was bull****ting me yesterday.
Plz...
Talk to Strife or something.

Worst case scenario, coach me~

Last edited:

DeLux

You can grab people out of grounded/buried state?

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Duuude you cannot be serious :(

Any update on this? Are you just not gonna enter?

Last edited:

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Ehh... no offence but fighting against a ZSS is pretty boring, im not saying shes horrible in playstyle, her playstyle is unique and offensive, but, i guess im just seeing too many ZSS users online doing the same thing.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Ehh... no offence but fighting against a ZSS is pretty boring, im not saying shes horrible in playstyle, her playstyle is unique and offensive, but, i guess im just seeing too many ZSS users online doing the same thing.
Spamming stun gun, grab and uair is not "unique".

#oop #sorrynotsorry

David Viran

Smash Lord
Fighting against a good zss is fun imo. If all they do is spam paralyzer and grab they don't know what they are doing.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Evertime I meet a ZSS in FG I smile, because I know this is going to be easy.
If a ZSS starts SHing you know sh*ts going to hit the fan and you have to watch out.

DeLux

I'm pretty sure you can rip me apart while playing with a Wiimote.
Apropos ripping apart, didn't you say something about a new video before new years?
I'm pretty bad on wifi. I have like a 50% FG win rate LOL. I'm actually worse in person I guess since I have a like 14% tournament win rate at the moment (entered 7 tournies won 1.)

Sorry on the video, I've been doing a lot of community development and teaching locally and haven't had time to gather my thoughts fully on a new video topic.

I'm debating talking about edge guarding or Nair or why I think Plasma whip is bad in a video, but I haven't quite nailed down the details where I'm comfortable talking about the topics as an authority yet since they aren't as straight forward.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I'm pretty bad on wifi. I have like a 50% FG win rate LOL. I'm actually worse in person I guess since I have a like 14% tournament win rate at the moment (entered 7 tournies won 1.)

Sorry on the video, I've been doing a lot of community development and teaching locally and haven't had time to gather my thoughts fully on a new video topic.

I'm debating talking about edge guarding or Nair or why I think Plasma whip is bad in a video, but I haven't quite nailed down the details where I'm comfortable talking about the topics as an authority yet since they aren't as straight forward.
No need to be sorry. There is no point in releasing a video if you don't feel comfortable with it.
I'm currently debating if I should buy a capture card. I could never give the input that you could right now because I lack the experience. It's one thing to remember combo percent and train techs but passing long time experience is something you get over a long period. That's why I like your videos so much.

What I could do though is compiling combo data plus videos, in training and in actual fights, to make our combos more consistent.
Would there be any interest for that?

Last edited:

DeLux

I would love that for the Top Tiers Plus Disadv MUs the most.

DeLux

And if you're after the experience part, maybe I'll do a speculation based video then, under the caveat that it's mostly speculation on my part lol

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
My biggest question right now is how do I properly play the neutral game and what mindset do I need for that.
In what direction do I have to develop my train of thought.
If you could make a video explaining in detail why you play how you play, that would be great.
Throwing in some matches that showcase your behaviour would be the icing on the cake.
I'm not looking for a flowchart solution here because that's impossible and not the point, but some insight into the mind of a experienced competitive player.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
@ DeLux DeLux dude I'm in same boat but I was gonna a pass up apex till the inner thirst and hunger for power took over.

I was told to twitter team apex I did both them and strife.

Strife told me to email apex.series@gmail.com so do the same I'm waiting on a response from them but looks like this ***** errr. ..ZSS main right here is more than likely going to frolic with the other ZSS's at the end of the month.

I would have responded earlier but I was busy working as my families ***** for no money *sigh*

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Just had an FG fight against a Pikachu and he ducked under my dSmash. Twice!. Yes, ducked under my dSmash. You read that right.

David Viran

Smash Lord
I just found out something interesting about up b. I posted in the thread about up b.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
So something I wanted to post awhile back (3ds days) but never did out of forgetting/inconsistent occurance,

I have been getting increasingly convinced that when your doing your typical up air Yolo strings to oppenents after you get them to like 65-90%+(weight, rage, staleness) after your second jump up air they most likely di away to avoid the boost kick Follow up.

During this if you down b to chase them in the air to the point your below them again the timing for starting boost kick before you hit the ground lines up so you just land the last hit on them and they tend to die cause they are di'ING.

Recap since my posts are always confusing
Opponent is at 75% you land say laser -> grab -> Down throw to FH up air -> DJ up air ( they are now like 90 isH %) -> Down b chase in air slightly modified by how they are di'ING away from you (controlling how far horizontally you go)-> boost kick in a direction towards them whether it's reversed or normal you will catch them with the the last hit (based on the usual bs )

Small rule of thumb is: (if they reach this % from your double jump upair)
Light characters 65% plus

Medium :77%
heavy 90%+

People like to fast fall into it a lot as well because they thing you made a mistake and want a punish.
;) will check when I error get a chance/ wii u xD.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I can't completely follow you. If you do an uAir string at 75%+, the enemy will be too high for the uSpecial to connect anyway.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
I can't completely follow you. If you do an uAir string at 75%+, the enemy will be too high for the uSpecial to connect anyway.
down throw up air -> DJ up air-> flip jump left or right positioning your self so that your close enough to land boost kick.(You are not hitting the ground before you flip jump,this is basically for when you've gone quite high from your double jump, Which Lets flip jump end on time so you can boost kick from underneath them) depending where they are DI'ing away from you -> UP B You are aiming for the final kick to hit them,

man I should have saved the replay when i had it happen again today.

Last edited:

SupremeSuperiorStick

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sohaii
down throw up air -> DJ up air-> flip jump left or right positioning your self so that your close enough to land boost kick.(You are not hitting the ground before you flip jump,this is basically for when you've gone quite high from your double jump, Which Lets flip jump end on time so you can boost kick from underneath them) depending where they are DI'ing away from you -> UP B You are aiming for the final kick to hit them,
I'm from the Sheik boards looking to pick up ZZS. Whatever you just said sounded amazing lol. Any vids?

EDIT: nvm I thought the flip kick actually lands and leads to an Up-B. Cool nonetheless.

Last edited:

DeLux

I don't see that actually working from a frame data standpoint.
So seems like something I would go for when I'm at kill percents, no questions asked.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Video at some point promise like i promised about the shiek match up sigh well i'll start it at least xD.

Top Bottom