• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide The Yo-yo Glitch: Cracked. (Update: FAQ now in first post)

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
VilNess said:
Heh, Simna is talkin good!
if you meet a better gannon than you are (for some odd reason) then you can counterpick Ness :D
since you know both characters you should be able to handle him with fairs and novelty effect >: )
nah ill counter pick with sheik, i love to hear my opponent johning about how cheap i am. :laugh:

today i was playing my friends mario with ness and i yoyo glitched him by running towards the edge and grabbing him from a mile away and man the first time i did it to him he literally had his head spin. rofl, that was the funniest thing ever.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Hi everyone! I'm back after a loooooooong absence. And upon my return, I've noticed a whole bunch of new stuff has been discovered. What's this about a star jacket? Spike Jacket? I have to read this...

Edit: alright, I read this. That is FAN-TAS-TIC!! The spike jacket is by far the best of the lot. Ness's spike already has so much priority and combo potential, that on low damages, Ness could spike jacket an opponent, cancel the missing attack with a simple punch on the ground, and then combo with a n-air or other fast aerial attack!

And I posted something about that jacket replenish earlier by the way. I'm glad people have found a use for it!

But does this work for the B air as well, maybe?

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Sorry about the double post, but I've found something that may be helpful. When using the spike jacket for offensive purposes, people who shield you can be a nusance because of that dead attack. So I've found that the best and least punishable approach is to run at your opponent full pelt and as soon as the attack connects (even to a shield) crouch cancel the run and begin using Ness's d-tilt. If you sucessfully spiked the opponent, use only one d tilt and then combo. If you got the shield, rapidly use d-tilt and they won't be able to counterattack you with a grab or shield cancelled attack.

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
i dont have much problems with the jackets being blocked since i dont YYG then try to make a set up everytime. ill fair or just follow up regularly everynow and then so they dont get used to the ub3r 1337 camping. when i get the thunder jacket i camp with upBs like no ones business. ness=high tier camper :laugh:

nessbounder: that yoyo replenish is too good, i gotta read the first page again cause honestly none of this stuff was making sense to me till about 2 weeks ago :p .

VilNess

Smash Champion
Thomas Tipman said:
i dont have much problems with the jackets being blocked since i dont YYG then try to make a set up everytime. ill fair or just follow up regularly everynow and then so they dont get used to the ub3r 1337 camping. when i get the thunder jacket i camp with upBs like no ones business. ness=high tier camper :laugh:

Tipman. this is a good advice, I kinda use though I am practising mindgames to connect with jackets too fast.
Heh it´s funny our recorder only takes 3 minutes max. So i learnt to play fastness...
also good trick is to make them think you have yyg even if you screwed up the upsmash part. you can just run and grab them if they know about YYG.
and the trick i forget always is to autocancel dair so you can use death-line on your enemy! heh...

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
i think the dsmash YYG has sto do with this weird hitbox that appears only when you hit with the dsmash. when the yoyo is returning after the dsmash it doesnt have a hitbox but if you hit with the dsmash hit gets one out of nowhere while returning. i wouldnt be surprised if you needed a low platform or somthing to set that hitbox on. eh, then again im the glitch n00b on the ness boards but i did stay at a holiday inn express last night.

VilNess

Smash Champion
Holiday Inn is Okay, but my house is still better :)

as for your take on Dsmash YYG: yeah, could be! I got my dsmash YYG when i was edgeguarding, though I think my enemy luigi jumped on the dsmash. weird poo.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Has anyone bothered to check the YYG with Action Replay? Are there any extra hitboxes visible around the opponent after a successful YYG? Any weird split-second hitboxes when you attack someone from afar after a successful YYG? Anything at all?

The Cape

Smash Master
FallenAngelII said:
Has anyone bothered to check the YYG with Action Replay? Are there any extra hitboxes visible around the opponent after a successful YYG? Any weird split-second hitboxes when you attack someone from afar after a successful YYG? Anything at all?
I have looked into it.

The trapbox sits on the floor and is the size of the yo yo head.

Also, when you attack/grab the move goes in a straight line (as thick as the yo yo head) to Ness. So it doesnt cover an insanely wide range, just a long one.

Also, when you have a jacket on, it covers everything but the very tip of Ness's head.

matta-from-subid

Smash Apprentice
But one thing i'd like to know is that what hapens when you do a grab and there is a wall between Ness and the trap-sphere? I tried it and it didn't grab. Why does this happen?

The Cape

Smash Master
matta-from-subid said:
But one thing i'd like to know is that what hapens when you do a grab and there is a wall between Ness and the trap-sphere? I tried it and it didn't grab. Why does this happen?
You have to have the opponent between the trap shere and you.

SIMNA, want me to get some pics of the Yo-yo glitch in developers?

matta-from-subid

Smash Apprentice
The Cape said:
You have to have the opponent between the trap shere and you.
I mean that i tested with Vilness the yoyo-glich grab when there was a wall and the opponent between trap-sphere and ness. Nothing happened. I want to know why. (we tested it in fourside)

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
>.< No matter how I try the yoyo glitch doesn't work! Does it work in all versions or only specific ones?
Here's what I do:
Training mode, fight DK put his % at like 80 or sumthing
I charge up smash so the starting hit hits DK and he goes flying, then the yo yo relaese itself.
Put DK to human and make him walk to where i did the glitch (Is the yo yo trap box supposed to be visible?)
I grab, nothing. attack, Nothing. DJC a dair. Nothing.
What am i doing wrong >.<

T Bird

Smash Apprentice
Alright, still don't get the glitch myself and a recap post might help, but maybe I can help a bit with some other things. Star Jacket= yyg, then press x,then hit up on the control stick followed almost insantly by a. If done corectly you will almost instantly djc you u-air. It should look like a third up attack on the ground. It's faster then the yo-yo and more powerfull then volleyball, so maybe you might think about using this even without the set up.
*You shouldn't have to ff this, in fact, if done correctly you won't have time to.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
NESSBOUNDER said:
This is long overdue.

Hope it works.

And if it doesn't, then=Ness's Jackets

I'm not breaking any rules, am I?
XD lol that awesome!
And I understand the whole glitch and jackets stuff. I just can't get the GLITCH part to work.

HousecallDoc

Smash Cadet
matta-from-subid said:
I mean that i tested with Vilness the yoyo-glich grab when there was a wall and the opponent between trap-sphere and ness. Nothing happened. I want to know why. (we tested it in fourside)
Because the game physics won't allow CHARACTERS to be pulled through walls(attacks are a different story)

VilNess

Smash Champion
Hey NESSBOUNDER!
HAHAHA! laughed at your jacket pictures, they were funny, especially starjacket!

btw. if anyone can pull a dsmash YYG in real battle, he has my great respect. the only thing I´d admire more is the cross beneath battlefield to ledgehog. :D

Reik

Smash Ace
D-SMASH YYG!!! z0MG!!!1

:crazy:

Okay... Vil, does it have something to do with the ledge? Or does it have something to do with the opponent jumping on it? Or both? Any tricks for getting the timing of it?

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Hmmm...it seems to me that the D smash yo-yo's glitch hitbox duration is tiny compared to the up smash which makes it a lot harder to do. I know if you have a jacket equiped, D-smash becomes that attack (just like U smash) but it doesn't drop any hitboxes. (Unlike U smash.)

I think I'll go experiment on this now, but seriously, if it's so hard to do, then what's so good about it anyway?? There's no knockback meaning that you won't have time to set up any jackets or stuff...

But anyway, it's worth looking into.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
I'm sorry....I work 6 days a week and like 10 hours a day, so i dont get much free time, but im gonna be working on the vid a lot next week....btw NESSBOUNDER can I use you fun jacket pic in my vid?^_^

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
vilness, that dsmash yyg looks crazy, im gonna check that out on AR and let you guys know if i find anything out. but it doesnt look to usefull if you can only do it by the ledge since fsmash is 100 times better.

simna already has 2 vids on the yyg, one is a full vid and the other a teaser. forgot the names of them but i think its pk thunder guide and.... wait one sec.... ok here it is, search for:

simna ibn sid's guide to pk thunder NTSC (shows some yyg towards the end)
vol2-pk preview (really good yyg that shows jackets and stuff)

VilNess

Smash Champion
Yeah... as I said: If anyone CAN pull off this in a real match: O_o TEH KING!

bat 100 times better? you must be joking. I´d say at least 101 times better. >_<

but hey, at least it isn´t so much of an mistery.and it most likely has something to do with the ledge and opponent landind on it.

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
VilNess said:
Yeah... as I said: If anyone CAN pull off this in a real match: O_o TEH KING!

bat 100 times better? you must be joking. I´d say at least 101 times better. >_<

but hey, at least it isn´t so much of an mistery.and it most likely has something to do with the ledge and opponent landind on it.
i think the ledge has nothing to do with the dsmash yyg, i think it has to do with the hitbox that you get when you hit with it. im guess (<--keyword) that that hitbox can only be dropped if ness is hit or inturrupted some how so the hitbox doesnt just fade away with the end of the attack. eh, just a guess. finally got to see the dsmash yyg in action though, now i can be laid to rest in peace (since im tired as **** and that download is done :laugh: ).

VilNess

Smash Champion
Rest well, my friend!

I think I got the Ds.YYG for twice, and only the other time it got recorded.
but I am not sure whether or not I got hit the other time I wasn´t being recorded.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Sure you can use my picture in your vid, Simna. However I don't know how you're going to get it off Deviantart. They have some sort of distribution/printing lock that prevents you from taking the images or making direct links to them. If you can't do anything, I'll e-mail you the picture.

I wonder when King Kong is going to get our vids up? :confused:

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
wow, I really wish I had a gamecube to try out all of this stuff right now. I've tried the normal yyg before, but I really wanna try out all of this jacket stuff. So lemme get this straight. You lay down a hitbox, then you either:shffl an u-air/d-air OR: djc an u-air/-dair, then the hitbox of that move is attached to you, then you can run through the enemy and that hitbox will hit the opponent, correct? And you can switch out any of the jackets for another one by using that move?

If thats how it works..... Can we say broken?

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
not really too broken cause my friends are no longer ignorant to it so i rarly get a yyg on them. they usually CC my upsmash and ruin it or attack the hitbox to make it usless. but when i do get a yyg.... IT ****ING ROCKS!

VilNess

Smash Champion
When they CC yoyo it´s time to tech chase or when they fly a bit upwards BAT `EM!!!!

also CC´d yoyo deals 17% damage, nice.

VilNess

Smash Champion
Do you mean CC overall or CC the yoyo? have to test this, but since CC´d yoyo does 3 hits (and therefore 17%) it is different than, let´s say marios dsmash.
Peach and Samus are the CrouchCancelCueens yeah :( luckily they are the best at it and no all chars have those advantages.
but as I said, I have to test it does it always knock them on floor or pop them in air... also I think different %´s have got their effect as well.

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
CC the yoyo, it is dependent on percent but their CCs are really good and can CC my yoyo at pretty decent percents. its lame but with i get a thunder jacket on they dont wanna rush me anymore (odd). oh and the funniest thing i thought is if you equip a thunder jacket and have kirby try to swallow you. rofl it made me laugh my *** off when i first saw it, now we know kirby cant handle spicy foods. :embarrass :mad:

Top Bottom