• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Winning Steak Cinemas: Video Archive & Criticism Thread Updated

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Brawl is usually mad boring to watch without commentary.

ugh, lol

:093:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I wouldn't say boring to watch without, but again commentary does help.

Unless of course you're that guy that commentated Anther/Ally's match where Anther went Sonic and Ally went Falcon.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Guys when I talk in my videos. All my crap is off the top of my head. It's not special really. I'm just being myself having fun. But I'm afiraid you guys see me as a joke, instead of a brawl player. I want to earn respect for being a brawl player, not being some dude that just cracks jokes all day.
That it's off the top of your head and normal to you is what makes it all the more awesome.

No one here sees you as a joke anymore. If anyone says anything to the contrary I promise to take a baseball bat to his knees. Just commentate. Dooooo it.

NNID
MasterHavik
That it's off the top of your head and normal to you is what makes it all the more awesome.

No one here sees you as a joke anymore. If anyone says anything to the contrary I promise to take a baseball bat to his knees. Just commentate. Dooooo it.
How do you know no one doesn't see me as a joke? They actually see me as a player with a good gasp of knowledge of the game in his pocket to back his arguements. I can see what you're talking about man. Thanks.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
How do you know no one doesn't see me as a joke? They actually see me as a player with a good gasp of knowledge of the game in his pocket to back his arguements. I can see what you're talking about man. Thanks.
I was going to explain myself but apparently I'm so good at explaining myself that you already got it. xD

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
What has it gots in its pocketses we wonder? Yessss precioussssss~

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
dj i hope you were sandbagging cus that was some REALLY sloppy lucario play.

your brother is obviously good at the game, some of the stuff he did was predictable, but he plays well despite haveing a moveset hes not used to.

i like the fact that he came so close to beating sonics "worst' matchup when he almost never plays the character just by being good at the game, and not worrying about what sonic can do but just focusing on the basics and what Ant can do

A lesson to be learned for all of us.

Browny

Smash Hater
lol kid

when you play the same person quite often, you know all their habits and how to deal with them, many matchups get more even imo. And its not like never playing the character is a huge detriment, when hes played against my soinc many times, tournaments and at home, he knows how sonic works :p

I dont think I was playing sloppy though... I mean its not like every match ends up that way. that just happened to be a good match i felt like uploading.

had that uair been placed just ever so slightly lower when i first got KO'd, things may have been very different. same applies in reverse too. thats just how lucario works :/

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
KASR, you would be accepted as a player and not a joke if you placed at tournies.

just sayin'.

I also want to make man love to twinkle toes.

just sayin'.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
KID, I live in MN where we don't believe in tourneys :o
We mostly just forage for kindling and hunt for elk.

I also want to make man love to twinkle toes.

just sayin'.

As long as I'm pitching and you're catching I'm fine with that.
This really is something that should be discussed over PM though.
At least, that's how I normally handle these kinds of things.

Boxob knows what I'm talking about.

Chyeaaaaaaah~

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Never thought I'd see the day where grand finals is M2K teamed with a Sonic. only in Ohio ;D

Imma have to get around to watching that asap. Stupid school and chemistry studying :/

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Eww, it looks like Wi-Fi screwed you up bad.

And the first stock on the first match made me cringe.

Uhm... besides Wi-Failure, I'd say you need to start using DTilt against Ike more. Getting him in the air makes things easier for you.

Having him approaching you gives you even more options than vice-versa.

...I'm starting to wonder if it's possible to SDI up and towards IKE if he tries to jab-cancel. If that's true, then you may be granted enough of a frame-advantage to drop a Spring on-top of his head. The same cannot be said when Ike does the full jab combo though, so just pay attention to their jab habits.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Watched the vids of Shugo and M2K teams earlier.

I was impressed and upset with Shugo at the same time. Having said this, he did a great job keeping it steady.

However, he really needs to let loose and such. Looked like he was holding back a lot in those matches.
That and he killed M2K once. lol.

Glide toss to dsmash was nice too.

And UpB gimping Diddys is too fun. Everyone outta try it.

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
@ Espy. Sonic isn't as free in teams cuz he's kinda closed in. That and M2k kept banning fd for w/e reason lmaooo. It was fine though i was messing around towards the end though too not to be overconfident or anything but i already knew we were gonna win anyway ><. It was lots of fun though...m2k is funny lol.

Browny

Smash Hater
LOL @ THAT TOADSTOOL

that actually seems legit, i use dair -> DJ and spring to recover on people who recover very low... this is good lol.

dark_Illusion_hokage

Smash Apprentice
Eww, it looks like Wi-Fi screwed you up bad.

And the first stock on the first match made me cringe.

Uhm... besides Wi-Failure, I'd say you need to start using DTilt against Ike more. Getting him in the air makes things easier for you.

Having him approaching you gives you even more options than vice-versa.

...I'm starting to wonder if it's possible to SDI up and towards IKE if he tries to jab-cancel. If that's true, then you may be granted enough of a frame-advantage to drop a Spring on-top of his head. The same cannot be said when Ike does the full jab combo though, so just pay attention to their jab habits.
Yeah, wifi did ensue in this match lol.
I used to do dtilt a bit, but started using it wrong and started getting blapped, I ended up behind ike the time i sdi'd towards him, the 3rd hit of ike's jab does have a bit of frames so I'll try and spring out next time if possible.

Also lol @ the footstool, i gotta try that out.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
@ Espy. Sonic isn't as free in teams cuz he's kinda closed in. That and M2k kept banning fd for w/e reason lmaooo. It was fine though i was messing around towards the end though too not to be overconfident or anything but i already knew we were gonna win anyway ><. It was lots of fun though...m2k is funny lol.
I understand. It must be M2K's teams playstyle.

When I teamed with Dojo for friendlies prior to a tournament, all hell broke loose. I still felt just as free as during a 1v1 because of our over aggressive behavior and seemingly open ended pressure system. It was stupid, but sexy.

Also, M2K's lame for banning FD.

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
It's usually when im on FD when i feel that freedom, but m2k was like "I want to get them off the stage fast" so i was like ok lmao, but SV is really small for dubs. YI i hate, and Pirate ship is just silly! Not to mention i still had to be aware of the nado spam and the naners flying at me xD, but m2k can go in and out from being super agressive to super defensive really well.

And ahaha yeah i told him not to ban FD next time xD! I actually like BF and FD for Sonic. Falco as well..

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
<3 Battlefield and Sonic's platform game.

Correction, <3 Wasteland Battlefield.

Texture hax gogogo.

Also Shugo shouldn't hate YI. :( It's one of two places that you can consistently use iSDR. Direct SDR approaching/spamming should be sexed up.

Twice.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I've always loved BF for Sonic, lol

also smart players know about Sonic's iSDR and act accordingly, lol. it's not a direct approach. just yet another mediocre mixup :D

with that said, YI is my least favorite of the neutrals.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
^ Maybe i just dont go there enough but everytime i do i just wanna shoot myself..xD.
No. It's because it's a stupidly large stage with a ******** gimmick that'll work about 25% of the time for the first time, then decrease with every use.

Edit: I wouldn't say that, Camalange. Most of them won't play much Sonic in tournament, so I doubt many of them TO THIS DAY know much about iSDR unless they play consistently with an above-average Sonic main.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
i just have terrible luck and play all the people who know Malcolm in tourney.

and he tells them everything.

T_T

infomon

Smash Scientist
I pick YI:B and abuse iSDR. They'll think that's just how Sonic plays; run away and spindash approach. So they'll get comfortable with certain patterns and whatnot, and/or occasionally say things like "whoah Sonic's spindash beats that?" (ex. going through Wario's bite). So I'll start to explain the invincible thing, but they won't rly care, or they'll say "oh, whoah" but it won't change their behaviour; they won't even be trying to think about how to beat it.

Then I'll go to a different stage, and notice that spindash approaches are still working (like 75% of the time), and then I'll be very sad.

and I'll lose, but not because of spindash approaching. :urg:

Top Bottom