• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U The Wii U Release Date

What year do you think the Wii U version will relase?

• Total voters

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I know this discussion is about the release date of the Wii U version, but I noticed something about the release date of the 3DS version. Maybe this could somewhat helpful. ^^

It's nothing special really but I noticed that the German page of the official website says something different than the rest of the other languages.
http://www.smashbros.com/de/
It says:
02/10/2014 at retail
03/10/2014 at Nintendo E-Shop.

It is only one day. But that confuses me a bit. lol :p
Maybe Germany gets both versions 1 day early? Idk.
Never noticed that. I wonder why they get it at stores a day early?
Buuuut, Australia gets it a day later.
So...

kazrisk

twitch.tv/kazrisk
NNID
kazrisk
I sure hope it is November 21st. That would just be... perfect. I want confirmation. Please Nintendo, just tell us.

lilt

Smash Journeyman
Never noticed that. I wonder why they get it at stores a day early?
Buuuut, Australia gets it a day later.
So...
October 3rd is a national holiday for Germany ("Tag der deutschen Einheit"),
which is why stores are closed that day.
So we'll get it a day earlier rather than later, which is kindly of Nintendo.

Last edited:

Acadian Flycatcher

Smash Journeyman
It'll be out in time for Christmas.

Nintendo can't miss out on that Smash Bros hype for selling the Wii U.

No Subspace Emissary and no last minute Sonic should keep this game from being delayed into 2015.

SSBIx3M

Smash Apprentice
Ohh! That makes sense..
Really kindly of Nintendo. :)

Never mind my post then.

kazrisk

twitch.tv/kazrisk
NNID
kazrisk
Yeah they already said they wouldn't want to miss the Black Friday opportunity.

Brack Friday Bunduru for Wii U.

Last edited:

captainghost07

Smash Apprentice
NNID
captainghost07
Switch FC
SW-3052-5727-4615
i think smash for Wii u will come out November 21st 2014 i have reasoning that date will be a Friday and smash 3ds also comes out on a Friday it is the week before black Friday when everyone going to do Christmas shopping and it would be the perfect time so i am confident that smash Wii u will come out November 21st 2014
i just want to say i knew if the rumors are true then i guessed it that the release will be November 21st

MBakhsh

Smash Apprentice
I think the release date will be December 3...the 7-year anniversary of when Brawl was supposed to come out.

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
It will either be the 21st of November or the 3rd of December...any later and the Wii U will officially crash and burn in America.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
I bet a million bucks there's a Wii U Smash bundle in time for the holidays and it's gonna sell like booze at a music festival

kazrisk

twitch.tv/kazrisk
NNID
kazrisk
People will get shot and stabbed over Smash bundles. People will bring Master Swords and laser guns to Target and Wal-Mart and murder anyone who stands in their way in order to claim their prize. It will be chaos, and I will smile and rejoice at the success of Nintendo, the Wii U, and Super Smash Bros. as blood stains my shoes and soaks into my socks.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
I think a Smash 4 bundle, if marketed correctly, would explode Wii U sales. Everything is lining up perfectly for it.

I wouldn't at all be surprised to see the game come out right before Christmastime though.

peachy!

super princess
YAAAAASS!!!11!

Carry on.

Hong

The Strongest
http://i.imgur.com/8x8WwTT.jpg
Toys r us leak 'confirms' November 21st. Not sure if this was discussed here yet. I honestly think the 21st is it.
Hopefully this is true, it seems like a fair date.
Indeed. I can confirm this is the same case with a few other American retailers, as well as the target for distribution. We're just waiting for NoA to finalize it. I'd imagine they need to make sure Mr. Sakurai and his team are alright.

Edit - There's also the fact they are probably going to announce the release date in time to produce the most optimal levels of hype. Even if they have a solid target in mind, it will probably be announced at SCC or during a direct.

Last edited:

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
It is kinda strange that Smash U apparently comes out the same date OR/AS releases in the US though. I think it might be delayed to December 5th or something since it is noted that things are still subject to change.
Getting SSB3DS at October 2nd is also cool because the 2nd is the last school day before the fall holidays in North Rhine-Westphalia. I'm pretty relieved we don't get this game a day later.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
if smash didn't come out before black friday nintendo would lose a huge ton of sales. Especially because amiibo launches with smash and they would lose not only everyone who's out shopping on black friday for game consoles but also all those parents shopping for toys for kids. They can't miss such a huge opportunity with the games they are trying to drive for the holidays.

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
It is kinda strange that Smash U apparently comes out the same date OR/AS releases in the US though. I think it might be delayed to December 5th or something since it is noted that things are still subject to change.
Getting SSB3DS at October 2nd is also cool because the 2nd is the last school day before the fall holidays in North Rhine-Westphalia. I'm pretty relieved we don't get this game a day later.
Link Between Worlds and Mario 3d World had the same release date last year.

kazrisk

twitch.tv/kazrisk
NNID
kazrisk
Yeah if anything I think the fact that OR/AS would release on the same day is more proof that it is accurate, not false. Nintendo loves to drop bombs like that. Plus they know Pokemon will pull people to stores, and if they can have a display of Pikachu/Charizard/Greninja/Lucario/Jigglypuff/Mewtwo Amiibos next to Ruby and Sapphire and Wii U Smash bundles, that'll help spotlight the Wii U so well.

Little kid goes to the store to buy Pokiemanz, looks over and sees a BA statue of Charizard and says "Yo momz, gotsta have dat right there!" then mom is all like "'scuse me Gamestop Employee, can wii buy dis little statue of Fire Pikachu?" And da Gamestop Employee is all like "You betcha, dat right there is an Amiibo for Supa Smaish Bruddahs!" Mom is all like "Smash Bros!? I play dat all the time wid my son's uncle! Letsa get it!" Repeat this scenario 30 million times and we got ourselves a show.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Amazon still has the placeholder date for wii u and the special controller.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Nintendo is probably gonna aim for December this year to get the sales going from the holidays. They did the same thing for Super Mario 3D World. Hell, they probably don't care about their game being polished, just get it out to get the sales then bug fix it through title updates.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Nintendo is probably gonna aim for December this year to get the sales going from the holidays. They did the same thing for Super Mario 3D World. Hell, they probably don't care about their game being polished, just get it out to get the sales then bug fix it through title updates.
I completely disagree with everything you just said.

kazrisk

twitch.tv/kazrisk
NNID
kazrisk
They are aiming for Black Friday, so I guess yes by December it will be out but their goal is November. They did the same thing with Super Mario 3D World.

As for Nintendo and quality...

That being said, this game won't be rushed, but it will be out in time for holiday. It has been planned and developed with holiday 2015 in mind for a long time now.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
They are aiming for Black Friday, so I guess yes by December it will be out but their goal is November. They did the same thing with Super Mario 3D World.

As for Nintendo and quality...

That being said, this game won't be rushed, but it will be out in time for holiday. It has been planned and developed with holiday 2015 in mind for a long time now.
Ah, I forgot this is nintendo we're dealing with X3. I don't wanna wait until Christmas when the game comes out on the 21st of November. See I still live my parents and they want me to wait after Christmas to buy for myself even though I get clothes e.e

kazrisk

twitch.tv/kazrisk
NNID
kazrisk
Ah, I forgot this is nintendo we're dealing with X3. I don't wanna wait until Christmas when the game comes out on the 21st of November. See I still live my parents and they want me to wait after Christmas to buy for myself even though I get clothes e.e
Yes, this is Nintendo. Quality quality quality.

Just tell them in advance, "Yo, I'm going to buy Super Smash on November 21st. Don't worry, the game will launch with roughly 50 Amiibos and I'm going to need every single one of them, so you can buy those for me."

Would be awful to have to wait a month to play after the game has already released... I'm glad I'm older now and can just buy the game when it is out.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Yes, this is Nintendo. Quality quality quality.

Just tell them in advance, "Yo, I'm going to buy Super Smash on November 21st. Don't worry, the game will launch with roughly 50 Amiibos and I'm going to need every single one of them, so you can buy those for me."

Would be awful to have to wait a month to play after the game has already released... I'm glad I'm older now and can just buy the game when it is out.
I just threw this together in paint, but you sir are a...

Top Bottom