• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The UK Brawl Thread. News Flash: Hurricane Rev's session - Feb -19/02/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
I want to start holding a bi weekly or something in a community hall at whitechapel, melee + brawl because I don't believe in x only tournaments. I'll start organise this if enough people show interest, I'd need a 15 person turnout to hire the place for 8 hours.
You got my Interest. :)

hey Rev. Although people think I am melee only, I would like to say I would travel for a brawl tournament and would be more than happy to attend brawl regionals, but there is minimal interest here in the NW. I'd host but my parents wouldn't allow it.
Good to hear that Aiko :). Its a shame that the NW isn't interested in smash bros :(.

REV- DO NOT PUT FCS IN THIS THREAD. Seriously if you want to find brawl players and creat a community you want to direct people away from online play. What happens is alot of people just post their FCS here and think thats the only reason for this thread. You dont want that. You want people to post. Theres the online area of smashboards for online play aswell as a million scrubby internet forum sites for that.
That is actually true.

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
The player list needs major work btw :dizzy:. Off the top of my head- Tails Chao, Aiko, Mako mako, Kira, Tamoo, Dave, Fuzzyness, Yeniths, Me, CCPLZ, Koop, Kone
Thanks for that but do you remember what characters they play with?

Edit: i want everyone too look at the players list on the first page and see if I done it Right.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Aiko- Wario, Tails Chao- Marth, Makomako- Kirby, Kira- Falco, Tamoo- Olimar, Dave- DK, Fuzzyness- ROB, Yeniths- Sheik, Me- Diddy, CCPLZ- Luigi, Koop- DDD

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I went back to G&W/Marth. Falco's still second.

>__>

Also I'm actually considering hosting a tournament sometime. o.o Obviously I can't house, but if a hotel room/travelodge can house several people and they all pay £5 each I don't see how it could be terrible. Only problem is I'm inexperienced and I'd have to find a venue.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Bullet Bill has pretty much got it spot on.
I would Add Frugs in there (Marth)
and Im pretty sure that CCPLZ mains Toon link cos he used TL in last ranbats, but luigi is at least his secondary.
Oh, and Dave would rather be called Davoo cos Dave has too few vowels or sumthing crazy like that.
Theres also a couple of londoners i know from past tournaments like:
Brawler Pit (Pit)
Conk (ROB/MK)
JJLinyard (Fox)
and u could look here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=190023
for more bout the londoners.
BTW, cheers Hurricane Rev, this thread looks like its going well

Edit: Makomako's character symbol thing may say zelda but im pretty sure that it is kirby, he's used only kirby in last two ranbats and the only vids ive seen of him online are of his kirby. He may second zelda or sumthing tho

Jolteon

lol

wario was doing good until all this gay grab release **** was found for him.

he's kind of like melee jiggs though

Tamoo

Smash Master
Thing is, ppl say he's like melee jiggs but i main jiggs in melee but cant do anything with wario in this game.
He's got loads of arial mobility but i dont really like his arials. Id compare luigi more to melee jiggs.
Good arial ability and combos into a killer move lol.

Jolteon

Thing is, ppl say he's like melee jiggs but i main jiggs in melee but cant do anything with wario in this game.
He's got loads of arial mobility but i dont really like his arials. Id compare luigi more to melee jiggs.
Good arial ability and combos into a killer move lol.
his dair/nair are great, he's got loads of priority and he's basically the closest thing to the gay recovery/WoP now that jiggs sucks.

luigi doesnt really have aerial mobility he's just floaty lol.

SM4SH K1NG

Smash Rookie
Im down for Brawl. @ Mako, if you get that going at whitechapel, message and let me know.
For all those who like melee, stick to the melee threads. I prefer brawl, its a matter of opininon which you think is better. No one is forcing you brawl haters to play it so fall back.

Kone

Smash Master
Tails Chao - Add me on msn if you'd like to talk about hosting a tournament ceddon@hotmail.com. Ive got alot of experience. Other than that I dont think the travelodge/hotel idea would ever work. Its hard enough getting enough people together to cover the cost of renting a venue (and sharing it with them aswell as their travel costs and other tourney costs) than to also expect them to cover their housing. Hotels/travelodge are more expensive than you point out, not all smashers travel together to share rooms with and then theres the fact of availability. I only think that people would spend the money on a hotel if the tournament was a european event and that the hoster already had a established reputation for running a good tournament.

Any tourney that doesnt supply some form of housing struggles majorly. The one thing id suggest if you did want to run a tourney but had a major issue would be looking into contacting the nearest YHA. If you booked a youth hostel for a group (think group discounts are for like 20+ people) then that would save alot of money and the cheapness of hostels would make it potentially affordable.

Smash King - on smashboards were currently discussing the comnbination of running brawl and melee tourneys. This has been discussed and put forward by alot of the experienced melee players as a means to provide a united front and provide better tournaments for both games. Theres no need to post anything that will spark any conversation that causes arguments.

Kasper!

Smash Lord
SM4SH K1NG i know how much you prefer brawl over melee but the idea is if both parties work together our smash scene will certainly grow and get better. :laugh:

crewster

Smash Lord
Eventualy melee will die but for now the two scenes are working together.

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
The Player list is updated. Thanks for the help Guys. :)

Eventualy melee will die but for now the two scenes are working together.
I don't know about that because the melee scene is really popular in the uk but were not talking about that. Were trying to get Brawl on the UK map.

Why didn't you?
Because I wanted to put the 4 leaders of their own game.

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
sorry for double posting

I want to start holding a bi weekly or something in a community hall at whitechapel, melee + brawl because I don't believe in x only tournaments. I'll start organise this if enough people show interest, I'd need a 15 person turnout to hire the place for 8 hours.
Tell me when the tournament is comfirm so that I can put it in the tournament section.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Ok.. Sorry.
But brawl is a newer game.
Most of the new people who have played brawl will have never played Melee, when they meet most of the community, they're obviously going to have a chance to play it and have a chance to like it. Being newer, doesn't always mean better, for a lot of people. That said, a lot of people like Brawl over Melee, and they have my respect, just keep in mind that some people, even though they may have never played the older game, may prefer it.

I thought I would have liked Brawl more than Melee when I first played it, and I did for awhile, but I realised I was being stupid and it was just hype. :dizzy:

OH BTW, im not bashing brawl if thats what you think i just think crewster was being a bit silly. D:

that said lets play brawl sometime i wanna see if my pikapiss and my tiarapoof still have it.

4081-9814-8031

Kone

Smash Master
rev but details about my tourney in april in the first page as its actually going to happen opposed to the maybes that are there

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
rev but details about my tourney in april in the first page as its actually going to happen opposed to the maybes that are there
Sorry but i don't know any information about this tourney lol. Can you send a link to me so that i can write the info in the tourney section.

Kone

Smash Master
Just stick in it : EDster. County Durham. Easter Hols (date to be confirmed). First two day UK smash event. brawl and melee. Housing offered fri,st,sun night.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Alright guys, I will very likely be holding a Smash tourney/fest in Summer. Melee and Brawl. I do not have a date nor time for the event as of yet. But it's hopefully going to happen. I will keep you guys informed about my tournament and the other Brawl only tournament happening in August as well.

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
Just stick in it : EDster. County Durham. Easter Hols (date to be confirmed). First two day UK smash event. brawl and melee. Housing offered fri,st,sun night.
Alright guys, I will very likely be holding a Smash tourney/fest in Summer. Melee and Brawl. I do not have a date nor time for the event as of yet. But it's hopefully going to happen. I will keep you guys informed about my tournament and the other Brawl only tournament happening in August as well.
Both Added :). But can you guys check the tourney section to see if I got it right.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
I've been away for a while with christmas and new year family issues, been hearing from mods that there's been arguments about melee vs brawl again.. please keep it to yourself.

+ I'm thinking of closing this thread because we don't really need a brawl thread, we have enough region threads as it is so discuss in there AND we have ranking battles for brawl

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
I've been away for a while with christmas and new year family issues, been hearing from mods that there's been arguments about melee vs brawl again.. please keep it to yourself.

+ I'm thinking of closing this thread because we don't really need a brawl thread, we have enough region threads as it is so discuss in there AND we have ranking battles for brawl
Well, This thread is about Improving the brawl scene in the UK. It is hard to find other brawl players in a different thread because all the other thread are focusing on Melee more than Brawl and people have been saying bad things about brawl which might put some Brawl players off. Once more, there is hardly any brawl tournament in the UK.

Btw, Happy New Year :)

Tamoo

Smash Master
I think this threads a good idea too, it is quite hard to talk brawl in other European threads, so there should be a thread like this one where we can openly talk brawl.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
well, there's no brawl thread for any other country. If people are fighting melee vs brawl I might introduce warnings and temporary bans to anyone who keeps flaming due to this being a tournament discussion section not a contradiction section. There should be no problem with discussion brawl in other UK threads

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
OK then. For now on, there will be no "Melee vs Brawl discussion in this thread. This thread is about Brawl and only Brawl. Btw, Tournament section updated.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I think this is a good thread which should be kept open since we need a brawl area due to the brawl hatred.
I think Charles is just acting like a kid with internet power tbh wtf imo.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
the problem is the brawl hatred -_- that's why they feel negated and made this thread..do you see a melee thread? do you see separate european brawl threads? We don't honestly need a brawl thread because in the UK thread we are going to specify brawl + melee tournaments. If you want smashfests for brawl then just post in your region thread then start doing sessions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom