• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The UK Brawl Thread. News Flash: Hurricane Rev's session - Feb -19/02/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
This thread is about brawl and only brawl. Nothing else. The brawl scene in the UK is active but it is hard to find other brawl players in the UK :(. This thread will be use for finding new brawl players in the UK, brawl videos, brawl tourneys and brawl sessions. If your here to say something negative about brawl, then GET OUT!!!!!!!!!! I will update my 1st post to keep you guys on track on any brawl information. If you are new to the scene and you play brawl, then WELCOME :)

Edit: Just to let everyone know that I’m not trying to get rid of melee. This thread is about getting as much brawl players in the UK as possible because there aren’t enough brawl players on here to have a brawl tourney. I'm just trying to get the brawl scene as good as the melee scene.

Latest News

The Games That might be at Super Vs Battle. (Not Confirmed yet)

Street Fighter 4
Guilty Gear XX AC
Street Fighter 3s
Soul Calibur 4
Smash Brothers (not sure which one)
King of Fighters (probably 2k2 UM)
Capcom V SNK 2
HD Remix
--------------------------
If they want more Games:
Virtua Fighter 5
TVC
A3

A smash session on the way.

Hey guys, I am planning to do a smash session in a games shop in walthamstow. I will give more info about this.

Smash Bros Melee to be at Super Vs Battle WORLD?

Neoempire does a tournament called super vs battle and they do it every once a year. Recently, the people from Neoempire asked the people on Neoempire “What games to they want for the next SVB?” Most of you wanted melee to be at the next SVB and some of you wanted brawl to be in there. It would be likely that Melee will be a tournament game for SVB after the success that it had at Rebirth. I keep you guys posted on any information about this massive tourney and yes, it will be massive if smash bros was in.

Sessions

Hurricane Rev's Session Feb 19/02/09

Hey guys, I am planning to do a smash session in a games shop in walthamstow. Here are some pictures of the place where i will do my session at. Sorry about the size.

Date - 19/02/09

Games - Melee and Brawl

Price - £1.50 for 1 hr
£3 for for 2 hr
£4.50 for 3 hr and etc

Time - 1pm to it depends on you guys.

I will record some matches at my sess. I think we should meet at Black horse station or something.

Tournaments

TKI (The Kone Invitationals)2 - During the easter holidays
All the info is in the link below

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=219359

The UK Grand Prix
All the Info is in the link below

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=215024

SmashFest by Calzum, Willz, Brado - To Be Confirmed
Wilz is going to hold a Brawl and Melee tournament in Summer. it will be held in Leicester. The price might be £5 to enter each tournament.
For more info, click on the link below.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=6236335#post6236335

London Melee / Brawl -> GamerBase Tournament.
Brawler Pit is doing a smash Tourney at Trocadero Inside Gamerbase (Which is next to HMV)
For more info, Click on the link below.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=204869

Brawl Ranking Battle LeaderBoard

Points Formula: The formula we use to calculate points is [9 - Placing], so if you got first, 9-1=8. If you got 7th, 9-7=2 points

London Ranbats - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=190023
[24] Fuzzyness (16+8)
[14] Tamoo (9+5)
[14] Mako (7+7)
[10] Dave (6+4)
[7] Loli (Dead)
[6] Frugs ()
[6] JJL (0+6)
[6] CCplz (0+6)
[5] Conk ()
[4] Kira! (0+4)
[4] TC ()
[4] Liam ()
[2] Eni ()
[2] Neutral ()
[2] ChrisK (0+2)
[2] Sam (0+2)

Northwest Ranbats - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=216317

Ranking coming soon

Players List
Hurricane Rev - Luigi
Willz - Falcon/Falco/Wolf/Snake/Marth
Koop 88 - King DeDeDe
Crewster - Luigi/Marth
Brado - Wolf/Jigglypuff
Calzum - Pit/GAW
Grayfox - Ganondorf
MakoMako - Kirby
Rickerdy-doo-da-day - Peach
Tails Chao - Marth/Mr Game and Watch/Falco
Tamoo - Olimar/Luigi
Fuzzyness - Rob/Snake
Yeniths - Sheik
Bullet Bill - Diddy Kong
CCPLZ - Toon Link/Luigi/Lucario
Kone -
Aiko - Wario
Davoo - DK
Frugs - Marth
Brawler Pit - Pit
Conk - ROB/Meta Teef (lol)
JJLinyard - Fox
Kira - Falco/Marth/Sheik
Rooooy - Sonic
Professor Pro - Fox/Peach/Shiek
Inertia123 - Zelda

Videos
Coey (Marth) vs Aiko (Wario)
Fuzzyness (Snake/Rob) vs Makomako (Kirby)
Fuzzyness (R.O.B) vs Makomako (Kirby)
Fuzzyness (ROB) vs Frugs (Marth) 1
Fuzzyness (Snake) vs Frugs (Marth) 2

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Meleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I like Brawl as well.
There is a Smash Bros Tournament in Leicester every year. The hosts did a Brawl Tourney this year instead of a Melee one and around 30 people turned up. Next year they are planning for a bigger one with around 100 people turning up.
I'll try and advertise it more around the time it happens.

Frozenwave

Smash Ace
When SvB comes around, I need you guys to advertise Brawl to them, cause we want maximum turnout for maximum awesomeness you know what I mean?

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
Ok guys, I have done some parts of the thread but not all of it because i'm really tired lol. i will try and finish it tomorrow.

When SvB comes around, I need you guys to advertise Brawl to them, cause we want maximum turnout for maximum awesomeness you know what I mean?
yeah, I forgot about that. I will put that in my latest news tomorrow.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Having Meta Knight in the middle of that image is an embarrasment to the UK Brawl Community.
Haha.

Two more players you could add to the list are;
Brado: Wolf/Jigglypuff
Calzum: Pit/GAW

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
lool I changed it. Thanks for the lists thought.
No problem.
The pic looks a lot better now because Falcon is on it. :laugh:

Wouldn't most people rather want Melee though? Not that I've got a problem with Melee as it is the more popular game at the moment.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Willz you need to get yourself to my next fest, i want to play you lol, should be hosting again mid or late Feb.

MakoMako

Smash Journeyman
i would, if it was a 30+ turn out but depends how far from london it is cuz i'd need housing

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
it's not dead atm, although the brawl scene is mostly lol.

most like melee but there's a number of people who like brawl, particularly in London.

grayfox

Smash Champion
The game is still new as **** really njs to all you quitters! So many brawl players, even in the early stages of this thread (!!!) that are just going "oh well no ones playing even though all these guys are what can you do!!" to eachother.

AmcD

Smash Ace
Ruddy London. That's ages away from where I live...

So basically, the Brawl scene is dead. Nothing in say...Yorkshire?

I wouldn't mind trying out my Peach in a tourney ><
Why don't you try and start something up in Yorkshire, try and look for players on the boards etc.

crewster

Smash Lord
It's about time yoou got a new sig, rev XD!
Wtf rev, not putting luigi in the "poster"?
Lucky guess that I would be a brawl player!

This game is terrible.

I shall now spam this thread until it gets locked.
Don't flame. That is your opinion, we can have different opinions.

Fight Me!

I Main Pit, Fd Only, No Items.
Double post. And GTFO

Fuzzyness, plz give this person three infractions for double post, spam and flame.

brawl sux !!
GTFO.

yea but the game's boring and rubbish
GTFO

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Why don't you try and start something up in Yorkshire, try and look for players on the boards etc.
My organisation skills are garbage tier

And atm, I lead a very busy life...plus, if I'm being honest, the idea of setting that kind of stuff up/arranging things terrifies

I suck I know but atm, I'm just curious as to whether there was a Brawl scene in England and it would seem that it's mainly in London. When I'm feeling a bit more bold and when I'm certain I'll have free time, I'll make more of an effort to find players near me

AmcD

Smash Ace
Then set one up or find out if it is worth holding a Brawl tournament alongside melee. I don't see enough Brawl players wanting a tournament tbh.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Lucky guess that I would be a brawl player!

Don't flame. That is your opinion, we can have different opinions.

Double post. And GTFO

Fuzzyness, plz give this person three infractions for double post, spam and flame.

GTFO.

GTFO
lol fuzzy's around his house now >__> and he didn't flame.. gtfo is closer to flaming than what he said.

crewster

Smash Lord
Rev, put FC's in the player list. I know brawl online is crud but some people might benefit from it.

Tamoo

Smash Master
I would be quite willing to travel anywhere in England for a brawl tournament as long as its a big tournout and sumone from london organises travel (like fuzzy does for the melee lot).
There just doesnt seem to be enough interest tho so i dont know how likely a national tounament is.

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
Check out my Latest News

GL rev but you don't really know any "scene" tbh =x
lool well, I do know some things about a brawl scene you know. :laugh:

lool I was going to put luigi on there but i decided not to. Instead, i put Mario, Captain falcon, Link and Samus on the poster.

Rev, put FC's in the player list. I know brawl online is crud but some people might benefit from it.
I will put FC in but I don't want the people to get the wrong idea. This thread is about improving the brawl scene and having more brawl tourneys in the UK. Online play is not the ANSWER.

What Brawl players are willing to travel for a Brawl tournament?
I would travel for any Brawl tourney. :)

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
A lot of people can't be bothered to host Brawl tournaments because of online. Online only makes us improve the slightest. If you want to really improve go to irl tournaments. My first Melee tournament over a year ago came as a real shock to me, as I thought I was awesome only to get pwned by all the Melee pros in London haha.

MakoMako

Smash Journeyman
I want to start holding a bi weekly or something in a community hall at whitechapel, melee + brawl because I don't believe in x only tournaments. I'll start organise this if enough people show interest, I'd need a 15 person turnout to hire the place for 8 hours.

Tamoo

Smash Master
I would definitely be interested MakoMako, and im sure i can get Frugs and Davoo interested aswell.
Plus id like to play the last remaining member of ur crew that i havent played yet(Jamz).

Edit: I thought ur lot didnt really play melee at all?
Last i remember, only kira played melee and possibly jamz.
And 15+ ppl shud be easy enough to pull from within london, heck, im not even in london and id go.

Aiko

Smash Champion
hey Rev. Although people think I am melee only, I would like to say I would travel for a brawl tournament and would be more than happy to attend brawl regionals, but there is minimal interest here in the NW. I'd host but my parents wouldn't allow it.

Kone

Smash Master
REV- DO NOT PUT FCS IN THIS THREAD. Seriously if you want to find brawl players and creat a community you want to direct people away from online play. What happens is alot of people just post their FCS here and think thats the only reason for this thread. You dont want that. You want people to post. Theres the online area of smashboards for online play aswell as a million scrubby internet forum sites for that.

I agree with alan though. Theres alot of posting going on in the general british threads about how many brawl noobs/scrubs there are and how they need to oranise themselves. Personally, ive not seen this. I attempted a similar thread when brawl was released in the UK and hosted the first UK tourney. It took alot of time to find players willing to travel aswell as get a good UK tourney turnout. Basically your going to have to work hard on finding players ^_^

Id like to add though that ill be hosting EDster a LARGE UK melee and brawl tournament in the April Easter holidays. It will be a two day tournament in Seaham, County Durham and housing will be supplied to all.

Also, to anyone in the North East of England that plays brawl or melee I play both and own my own home (live with gf). Im wanting to set up North East monthly meetups for both games. If your interested in this let me know.

Guy from yorkshire - where bout u live? if your nothern then im not that far away.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
The player list needs major work btw :dizzy:. Off the top of my head- Tails Chao, Aiko, Mako mako, Kira, Tamoo, Dave, Fuzzyness, Yeniths, Me, CCPLZ, Koop, Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom