• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tunes Monthlies - Canceled Indefinetely

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Keep us updated. :)
i walked into the office, slapped my boss in the face.

wait, no, that was a fao schwartz bear.

i have off saturday, so i'll be there. however, you'll be experiencing the prog who deals with angry grandparents, kids who are screaming about arceus, and other things that won't be mentioned on smashboards. like i could do an unforgivable about my job, right now.

i'm mad.

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
I'm just posting to let the community know I am still alive and play this game booyahhhh..
but further more to support eggms tourney from a random phone call today from a new number, and:
"Feed back please.

[/font][/size][/size]"

you have these coded wrong noob rofl.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Maybe if MD/VA comes. :) Lol, everyone asks if everyone else is coming instead of just saying i'm coming. Thats why turnouts aren't as good as they could be.

Eggm

Smash Hero
So far its the locals. Me stric 9 the tinton falls guys + prog's car, and death knight so far.

Also Lunar nova is getting a ride possibly with other people he said and I think white mike and his crew were interested. And XYT said hes coming. It actually might not be too bad espeically if MD/VA and some unexpectes show up. We can probably get 25 people (250$ pot).

Thx and canismash expressed interest a few pages back as well.

Alukard

Smash Hero
i have ... g$ is going to pats house without me johns lmfao

edit- he is teaming with mango ... i actually can go ... but mango is better then me so i rather let g$ win some money ... he doesn't know that tho ... cuz he never checks the boards EVER

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
I'll be at Pat's House. Lite, where you been at? I need to continue training you. Part of your training is seeing me and HugS **** it up in teams and singles at Pat's House. It will give your Samus a huge boost.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
if i go id(possibly) be bringing like one other person. most likely im going.

and my tag is irony. im gonna put that in my sig or some****.

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
yeah dj i havent really been playing cause i dont have access to melee at the moment. I have a low chance of coming to this or pat's house but if i do i will definitely continue our training.

Deathknight

Smash Ace
I think we have enough people now CanISmash. Plus my friend said he MIGHT come. Though I'd totally travel for a small smashfest. My spacies need practice.

Eggm

Smash Hero
as far as I can tell, this one looks to have a horrendous turnout XD
honestly you should prolly cancel this.
I'm not trying to let you down eggm but realistically this tourney can easily just be a 8 person smashfest and thats not worth traveling for.
Tired of these kinds of posts in my thread. When I host my next one I only want discussions about the tournament and who's coming/not coming. People come in here and see this then they think no ones coming when a good amount of people were still planning on coming.

1. Eggm
2. Stric9
3. Smoke and smash
4. Prog
5. Tipman
6. Tag
7. Chops
8. Reno
9. LUnar nova
10. Lunar nova + 1
11. Thx
12. Thx + 1

There were more too. Canismash you were coming i thought right? I don't have time to look back through the pages. But more wre planning on coming that i forget right now. Will update later. Please no more negative posts. I had a few people getting back to me who might be bale to come too. Like HBK and sneak and some otehrs.

Btw : Shell shocked had 29 singles entrants at least like 7 were from tristate so they would have had 22. 10 more people and we''d have 22. So if MD brought it hard like we did to their tournament we could make this big. And we could get 10 more easy if you guys would commit to coming and add more hype. I feel like everyone's tiptoeing around this instead of just commiting and its whats holding it back. And posts like those above don't help people commit at all, I Just don't really appreciate it when I put a lot of work into advertising and then setting up / cleaning up the dining room for everyone. And carrying all those like 5 tv's back and forth.

Ben-Teezee

Smash Apprentice
right now, my car is me, tag, tipman. i have room for you and white mike, and it would be beast if everyone met up at one spot
i love how u magically removed me from the list, and lampchops wanted a ride from you he told tag to ask u after u left. if ur still taking ME everyone could meet up at my crib :p

xyt

Smash Lord
-you're missing benny, xyt, whitemike, deathknight
-i dont know what the deal is with jman/cactuar/hax
-what's the news on scar? is he going to that collegiate tourney?
-are any of the nyu guys that are not going to the collegiate tourney coming to tunes?
-also if sneak comes who else from nj is coming? (i.e. copycat?)
-is canismash bringing anyone?
-jfox?

***can anyone give me a ride to !!!OR!!! from the tourney? the commute for me for this trip is 6hrs round trip and i'd greatly appreciate it if someone could help me with even one of my trips to or back. i live in madison, nj but i can take a train to newark or somewhere closer if that helps :D Let me know!

***I respect those of you who have prior engagements and can't make it (except tec0 he's going to a brawl tourney XD LOL <3 tec0) but please hold the comments about perceived negative turnouts. it just doesn't help = / I understand that some of you are looking out for the interest of those who need to travel far but it's just how tournies are nowadays. all things considered tunes biweekly is a very decent tourny scene espeically with the amount of set ups and time for friendlies. Plus, like Eggm said the oos attendance does make a seemingly 'bad' turnout much better. This is not only true for the immediate turnout but also the potential turnout because more people would be likely to come if oos players came. <3 tristate.

Alukard

Smash Hero
OOS players dont show ... because we **** everything lmfao ... seriously who would want to drive 3-5 hours to get ***** lmfao

i mean thats why i travel ... because i usually go +$ from doubles or break even and still get to hang out and see everyone LOL ... eggm u just won shell shocked ... who would want to come get ***** <333

tristate needs to figure out a way to get OoS to come through !!!! =]

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
The only reason I made my comment was because DoH was asking about the turnout and I didn't want him to be mislead. I mean, if you're legitimately going to get a good turnout, great, but I think it makes you look like a ******* if you're unsure about a lot of players, a bunch don't show and then someone ended up driving 5 hours for a 16 man bracket.

Eggm

Smash Hero
I wasn't trying to mislead him. I was gonna post a list of the players coming/interested and he could make his own assumptions from that. I just think negative posts don't help my cause at all. >< Horrendous is a pretty negative word. One where he might not check the thread again lol.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
i love how u magically removed me from the list, and lampchops wanted a ride from you he told tag to ask u after u left. if ur still taking ME everyone could meet up at my crib :p
haha, i couldn't remember if you wanted to go, but yeah, you're in and you've got priority over white mike (tag was the first to ask like in 1974) but, if you guys are cool with 4 in the back seat, i can fit everyone.

the original plan was for everyone to meet in the bronx, but since you live like 15 minutes from me, new plan for my car: meet at ben's.

JFox

Smash Hero
If i were coming i would have done the tristate challenge to attract OOS players for this tourney, but I have plans for this weekend.

I'm guessing more people are coming than you think, people are just lazy about posting. Theres no reason not to come considering ROM2 is the following week and this venue is def the best one NJ/NY has had in years...

Eggm

Smash Hero
Yah fit all 4 please. :) Tag/whtie mike are skinny as hell

Yah I think without OOS (Md/va) we will have a 16 man bracket at least.

Lol, jfox you like the venue that much? :p

Top Bottom