• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The True Arena - Kirby Match-Up/Stage Discussion (Discussing: Villager!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAzul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RioFlows
3DS FC
0705-4214-5965
As a true Villager main, I must say that this MU should be in Villy's favor. I'm short on time atm so I can't give a massive breakdown on it all but I just LOVE smashboards and discussing all of this with fellow players! Plus maybe you can give me insight on the MU as well.

Anywho, Kirby's air mobility and weight assist him greatly in this MU. His multiple jumps make him not as easily gimp able as much of the rest of the cast. I know a Kirby player who's pretty alright and awes me with his Dair>UTilt setups. What I'm trying to say is, Kirby has a nice CQC game. Better than you'd think as many of his moves combo or link into each other due to his size and quickness when executing them. For Villager, we have very strong ways to zone him out. Yes he can jump over things but it makes for perfect UTilt or USmash bait for us, or me at least. You're absolutely right in stating that once Kirby has pocket, it's a totally different game. That with Shulk's Monados and a few other powers really helps Kirby out a ton in this game. But, with the Lloyd pressure game and bowling ball mix ups, Kirby is zoned out like a quarantined animal. A good Kirby can adapt and get around it. I think Kirby has to approach safely and mix it up just as much as Vill. SH DAirs are his friend for sure though, even though off the stage, you'll never spike us on recovery.:lick:

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
As a true Villager main, I must say that this MU should be in Villy's favor. I'm short on time atm so I can't give a massive breakdown on it all but I just LOVE smashboards and discussing all of this with fellow players! Plus maybe you can give me insight on the MU as well.

Anywho, Kirby's air mobility and weight assist him greatly in this MU. His multiple jumps make him not as easily gimp able as much of the rest of the cast. I know a Kirby player who's pretty alright and awes me with his Dair>UTilt setups. What I'm trying to say is, Kirby has a nice CQC game. Better than you'd think as many of his moves combo or link into each other due to his size and quickness when executing them. For Villager, we have very strong ways to zone him out. Yes he can jump over things but it makes for perfect UTilt or USmash bait for us, or me at least. You're absolutely right in stating that once Kirby has pocket, it's a totally different game. That with Shulk's Monados and a few other powers really helps Kirby out a ton in this game. But, with the Lloyd pressure game and bowling ball mix ups, Kirby is zoned out like a quarantined animal. A good Kirby can adapt and get around it. I think Kirby has to approach safely and mix it up just as much as Vill. SH DAirs are his friend for sure though, even though off the stage, you'll never spike us on recovery.:lick:
Depends how you recover, if it's on stages with walls, and you try to recover along the walls, it's basically a free stone for us.

kirbyfan66

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kirbyfan66
The only way that Kirby can spike Villager is if we get off a Meteor Stone. The best we can hope for otherwise is just... getting damage offstage. =P

As you mentioned, gimping both Kirby and Villager is hard - possible (moreso gimping Kirby than Villager), but hard. What are Villager's good KO moves? Tree is one of them, but with the Tripping Seed custom, that moves loses its KO ability. I know Forward Smash is good. I know Up Smash/Up Tilt are good, but you'd be surprised at how many ways Kirby can approach Villager without having to jump.

And by that I mean either roll, crouch, or shield a lot. sigh. It is actually effective vs Villager, though.

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
The only way that Kirby can spike Villager is if we get off a Meteor Stone. The best we can hope for otherwise is just... getting damage offstage. =P

As you mentioned, gimping both Kirby and Villager is hard - possible (moreso gimping Kirby than Villager), but hard. What are Villager's good KO moves? Tree is one of them, but with the Tripping Seed custom, that moves loses its KO ability. I know Forward Smash is good. I know Up Smash/Up Tilt are good, but you'd be surprised at how many ways Kirby can approach Villager without having to jump.

And by that I mean either roll, crouch, or shield a lot. sigh. It is actually effective vs Villager, though.
Final cutter wouldn't be too bad, but that rocket still goes throw the projectile itself, so it's only good up close.

kirbyfan66

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kirbyfan66
Final Cutter has too many negatives to be useful, I think. I know I always talk about Wave Cutter, but at least that one's positives can make up for the negatives in most cases.

...Don't use Wave Cutter in this matchup, by the way. Villager can Pocket it, and it KOs Kirby at around 80%.

Bribery

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bribery
3DS FC
3626-0596-6286
Villager has the 2nd strongest Backthrow in the game after Ness in terms of KO power. The trip sapling and its axe is a lot weaker than his standard tree, but the tripping effect makes nabbing KOs with Backthrow a lot easier since his grab is really slow.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Good afternoon, denizens of Dreamland. While travelling across space, I came across Pop Star. I invite you to get on your warp stars and join us in the Lylat system to discuss:
:4kirby:vs:4fox:

Click here to join us for some space adventures.

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Good afternoon, denizens of Dreamland. While travelling across space, I came across Pop Star. I invite you to get on your warp stars and join us in the Lylat system to discuss:
:4kirby:vs:4fox:

Click here to join us for some space adventures.
I feel like this is in Kirby's favor or pretty much even.
Foes projectile is almost useless, we can duck under it, meaning he is more likely to approach us.
Now fox I think outrages us, but only slightly.
He isn't too hard to get offstage, and we pretty much get free kills for edge guarding him.
I think we actually fare better in the air in this MU, but we are prone to Bair and Uair.
Idk if we would have to worry too much about getting KOd despite us being very light, I mean, what are his most realizable KO moves?
Because he outspends/ranges us, we will have some problems getting in those attacks, but we combo him with Utilt, Uair to high percents.
We do have a few punishable attacks, and because Fox is like a hit and run/punisher for miss timed attacks, we are prone to getting knocked around at times.

Um.....should we talk about customs? I don't know pretty much any of Fox's.
For Kirby, I think meteor stone might be the most useful here,
Jumping inhale or Ice breath seem to both be decent.
Maybe wave cutter might be slightly better? I mean if we miss Upper cutter, it's a basic free up smash for him.
I have no idea for the hammers tbh xD
These are what I know(FG perspective)
Hopefully what I said is mostly true and that others think so as well.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I feel like this is in Kirby's favor or pretty much even.
Foes projectile is almost useless, we can duck under it, meaning he is more likely to approach us.
Now fox I think outrages us, but only slightly.
He isn't too hard to get offstage, and we pretty much get free kills for edge guarding him.
I think we actually fare better in the air in this MU, but we are prone to Bair and Uair.
Idk if we would have to worry too much about getting KOd despite us being very light, I mean, what are his most realizable KO moves?
Because he outspends/ranges us, we will have some problems getting in those attacks, but we combo him with Utilt, Uair to high percents.
We do have a few punishable attacks, and because Fox is like a hit and run/punisher for miss timed attacks, we are prone to getting knocked around at times.

Um.....should we talk about customs? I don't know pretty much any of Fox's.
For Kirby, I think meteor stone might be the most useful here,
Jumping inhale or Ice breath seem to both be decent.
Maybe wave cutter might be slightly better? I mean if we miss Upper cutter, it's a basic free up smash for him.
I have no idea for the hammers tbh xD
These are what I know(FG perspective)
Hopefully what I said is mostly true and that others think so as well.
No not wave cutter, he can reflect it on reaction, especially when there's no risk of being hit by the blade.

Fox will probably use charge blaster since it is strong and Kirby is not fast.
Side B he can either blow up people standing too close to the edge or use Wolf Flash.
Up B will either be Flying Fox for safer and faster recoveries, or Twisting Fox for the early kills it can get.
All down Bs just reflect.

Galaxian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Galax1an
Oh hey I was just going to come in here to talk about the Villager vs Kirby matchup.

Villager's biggest weakness, as @HairyHarry pointed out, seems to be..well, himself. Taking Villager's tree, bowling ball, etc. makes it so that you can give it right back to him. Kirby seems to do pretty good against Villager, surprisingly. Getting the ability may be a little hard but a good read can help secure it. It's not mandatory for the MU but it makes it worlds easier.

I personally do okay when I go Kirby against Villagers. Kirby's good damage and general floatiness makes it a bit of a hassle for Villager to try and camp as Kirby can just fly everywhere above Villager.

However it is now 90:10 Villager's favor as you cannot Kirbycide him, pls buff kirbycide soccer guy
this is a joke

In all seriousness, the MU seems even. Kirby can juggle Villager well, but Villager has Nair and other **** for camping. If Kirby gets pocket the match can be easier, but in all honesty it seems pretty even to me. Maybe it's in Villager's favor, but it's only just a tad, I feel. Nothing too awful. Even in customs, which is debatable maybe, Kirby has Jumping Inhale to deal with that tripping sappling and Villager's aerials, but maybe I'm over exaggerating good ol' Poyo a bit here. Still though I can't see one outclassing the other. Kirby can chain Villager well and steal Pocket for shenanigans, Villager can camp but Kirby can float over these, however this doesn't mean Kirby wins the MU automatically. You still have to deal with the fact that it's Villager, who can camp very well, and can outrange Kirby, who has pretty bad range at times.

:4kirby:50:50:4villager: though maaaybe it could be 45:55, but still it isn't awful methinks.

Last edited:

RedNova

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
NNID
Sam-Harness
3DS FC
0516-8001-1795
Are we still discussing the Villager matchup? Becuase maybe we shoudl change the thread's name

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Well... I've never seen numbers like that for matchups, they're normally like 40:60 or 45:55 or 50:50 or something like that.
Agreed. This is weird. I think it is in pikachu favor 60:40 until we get his power which change to 55:45. Haha... I guess that is why it was an absurd number between.

DarkBlueSpark

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-2076-2551
Are we still discussing the Villager matchup? Becuase maybe we shoudl change the thread's name
Maybe move on to another character? Honestly, I think we need more videos to supplement these matchup discussions, even if they're just wifi battles with friends on 3DS.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
To all Kirby players, Rosalina is finally analyzing Kirby at her match-up analysis thread. If you have anything to contribute for the Rosalina vs. Kirby match-up, Kirby will be analyzed until the end of 4/2.

Sparky15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elec-Wolf
3DS FC
2578-3364-0347
Maybe our next character should be Sonic. That feels like a tough matchup for Kirby, mainly for how light he is and how powerful Sonic is. And his Spin Dash and Spin Charge can be obnoxious. Thw worst disadvantage for Kirby is that he can't crouch under any of Sonic's moves. There are a couple of VERY skilled Sonics in my state, and they're pretty threatening. I'd love to know more about what advantages can Kirby utilize to defeat Sonic as best as he can.

raizur

Smash Cadet
NNID
raizur
3DS FC
4425-1652-3596
Maybe our next character should be Sonic. That feels like a tough matchup for Kirby, mainly for how light he is and how powerful Sonic is. And his Spin Dash and Spin Charge can be obnoxious. Thw worst disadvantage for Kirby is that he can't crouch under any of Sonic's moves. There are a couple of VERY skilled Sonics in my state, and they're pretty threatening. I'd love to know more about what advantages can Kirby utilize to defeat Sonic as best as he can.
I find Kirby to actually counter Sonic fairly well. Don't let Sonic's speed and strength overwhelm you. If you notice that the opposing Sonic likes to spin dash at you, inhale, they'll get sucked right into you and you can do the following combo, inhale> uair (yes, if you inhale while the Sonic spin dashes at you, they will get sucked in 100% of the time, UNLESS they don't jump over you). Now say you inhaled him, but he still spin dashes at you, just press and hold jab. It'll counter the dash leaving you and sonic separated in a counter stun. Also, if you wanna win against a sonic, play VERY patiently. Always be alert when the opposing Sonic messes up. If he spin dashes at you and you shield it, they'll most likley jump, if they do, now's your chance to get them with an uair. Also, Kirby might not be able to crouch under Sonic's attack, but remember, crouching actually creates less knock back if you're hit with a strong attack, could even save you a stock.

Last edited:

Sparky15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elec-Wolf
3DS FC
2578-3364-0347
I find Kirby to actually counter Sonic fairly well. Don't let Sonic's speed and strength overwhelm you. If you notice that the opposing Sonic likes to spin dash at you, inhale, they'll get sucked right into you and you can do the following combo, inhale> uair (yes, if you inhale while the Sonic spin dashes at you, they will get sucked in 100% of the time, UNLESS they don't jump over you). Now say you inhaled him, but he still spin dashes at you, just press and hold jab. It'll counter the dash leaving you and sonic separated in a counter stun. Also, if you wanna win against a sonic, play VERY patiently. Always be alert when the opposing Sonic messes up. If he spin dashes at you and you shield it, they'll most likley jump, if they do, now's your chance to get them with an uair. Also, Kirby might not be able to crouch under Sonic's attack, but remember, crouching actually creates less knock back if you're hit with a strong attack, could even save you a stock.
Thanks a lot, but what if Kirby is cornered by Sonic with the blast zone to his back? And I can't Final Cutter to the ledge often since Sonic's absurd f-smash can be angled low enough to hit him back, as I experienced before. Is it common for Sonic mains to f-smash you near the ledge to pressure or read you? Because that's where I begin to struggle when they perform it. Especially when Sonic inputs a back-throw, particularly after a reverse pivot grab.

raizur

Smash Cadet
NNID
raizur
3DS FC
4425-1652-3596
Thanks a lot, but what if Kirby is cornered by Sonic with the blast zone to his back? And I can't Final Cutter to the ledge often since Sonic's absurd f-smash can be angled low enough to hit him back, as I experienced before. Is it common for Sonic mains to f-smash you near the ledge to pressure or read you? Because that's where I begin to struggle when they perform it. Especially when Sonic inputs a back-throw, particularly after a reverse pivot grab.
I'm assuming you don't vary with your recovery options. Kirby has a total of 5 (6) jumps and the final cutter, don't be afraid to use them. If you need to, fly high, Sonic can only go so far in the air, Kirby goes farther, and stays there longer. If you're afraid of his spring, remember, Sonic can only go so far left and right before falling to the ground. Use a mind game with your jumps to get the sonic to think you're gonna land in one area, then quickly change directions. also, don't be afraid to use your final cutter right below the ledge from time to time, you can even get the opposing Sonic with it if they're close enough. I don't find is as common with me, because I like to keep the Sonic guessing what I may or may not do next. If you do get back trowed, just recover to the stage, but make it different than the last time you recovered from the stage. If you recovered low twice before, recover high this time, the Sonic would've expected a low recovery, not high. If you have any other questions, or maybe I wasn't clear enough on something, let me know, I'll be more than happy to help!

Sparky15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elec-Wolf
3DS FC
2578-3364-0347
I'm assuming you don't vary with your recovery options. Kirby has a total of 5 (6) jumps and the final cutter, don't be afraid to use them. If you need to, fly high, Sonic can only go so far in the air, Kirby goes farther, and stays there longer. If you're afraid of his spring, remember, Sonic can only go so far left and right before falling to the ground. Use a mind game with your jumps to get the sonic to think you're gonna land in one area, then quickly change directions. also, don't be afraid to use your final cutter right below the ledge from time to time, you can even get the opposing Sonic with it if they're close enough. I don't find is as common with me, because I like to keep the Sonic guessing what I may or may not do next. If you do get back trowed, just recover to the stage, but make it different than the last time you recovered from the stage. If you recovered low twice before, recover high this time, the Sonic would've expected a low recovery, not high. If you have any other questions, or maybe I wasn't clear enough on something, let me know, I'll be more than happy to help!
Oh I do vary my recovery options and patterns. It just feels like Sonic completely shuts down my ability to Final Cutter due to his plethora of options to edgeguard me during the move. Thanks for that, but you didn't mention about what Kirby can do when is cornered by Sonic near the ledge.

Mashu Koria

Smash Apprentice
I ignore Sheik and Diddy because they were obvious. I will also point out Rosalina as well but she is not brain dead/pocket character compared to Diddy and Sheik. It was good that we did Megaman first. I have seen player use him in many tournaments.

Yoshi... man Yoshi! I don't know what to do against Yoshi. You cannot stop his eggs. Dash Attack leds to Up Air. Nair comes out fast. I don't know. I am surprised I do not see him more in tournament. Only Yoshi I have seen is Raptor. But that is another topic. We will wait for what Reserved has next on the list.
Try spacing with bair and shield baiting.

raizur

Smash Cadet
NNID
raizur
3DS FC
4425-1652-3596
Oh I do vary my recovery options and patterns. It just feels like Sonic completely shuts down my ability to Final Cutter due to his plethora of options to edgeguard me during the move. Thanks for that, but you didn't mention about what Kirby can do when is cornered by Sonic near the ledge.
If you're afraid of Sonic's f smash to cancel out the final cutter, maybe use the final cutter from high, and come straight down to the ledge, that way, the Sonic would be forced to space out the sword, not leaving much room for his f smash to reach. I'm a bit confused on what you mean by Kirby being cornered by Sonic near the ledge. Can you give me an example so I can further help your situation?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
How're the discussions coming along? What's the consensus on Villager, it's been a while and there are a billion posts so it's tl;dr!
Also, the metagame is going to change DRASTICALLY on Wednesday when the Mewtwo patch comes out and Kirby gets nerfed, so keep that in mind. Maybe slow the discussion down a bit until then because it might change everything ;D

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Stop that! Sakurai isn't going nerf Kirby. Right Sakurai? Right?

Seriously, you all need to stop being so good with Kirby if you want him to get buff.

Sparky15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elec-Wolf
3DS FC
2578-3364-0347
If you're afraid of Sonic's f smash to cancel out the final cutter, maybe use the final cutter from high, and come straight down to the ledge, that way, the Sonic would be forced to space out the sword, not leaving much room for his f smash to reach. I'm a bit confused on what you mean by Kirby being cornered by Sonic near the ledge. Can you give me an example so I can further help your situation?
Alright, so I grab the ledge and use a regular get up. Sonic could f-smash or charge it to expect me to panic and run into it or pressure me. Another thing Sonic could possibly do is back-throw me, since it's so strong and Kirby is light. If I do a regular get up or ledge attack, Sonic will go for a reverse pivot grab and back-throw. If I roll from the ledge, then Sonic can back-throw or do f-smash shenanigans. Lastly, Sonic's speed makes it a bit difficult to react to what he's going for... Very dangerous.

raizur

Smash Cadet
NNID
raizur
3DS FC
4425-1652-3596
Alright, so I grab the ledge and use a regular get up. Sonic could f-smash or charge it to expect me to panic and run into it or pressure me. Another thing Sonic could possibly do is back-throw me, since it's so strong and Kirby is light. If I do a regular get up or ledge attack, Sonic will go for a reverse pivot grab and back-throw. If I roll from the ledge, then Sonic can back-throw or do f-smash shenanigans. Lastly, Sonic's speed makes it a bit difficult to react to what he's going for... Very dangerous.
My best advice for this situation would be to watch where Sonic's placement is when you're trying to get back on the stage. Remember, he can't be every where at once. If he's right next to the ledge, he's expecting you to attack to get back on, or a regular get up. If he has a bit of distance from the ledge, he's expecting a roll or for you to jump. Keep these in mind, and know what options Sonic has once you hang from the ledge. Also know your opponent's patterns and condition them to have an easier time to get back on the ledge. Always remember to ask yourself, "okay, what are the different options Sonic can do in this situation." once you figure it out, you'll be prepared to counter what Sonic has to offer. Say the Sonic is running at you, his only options there is to do a running up smash, dash attack, grab, and pivot grab. How do you avoid this? Well, you're Kirby, so jump and do a nair to pressure the Sonic not to get comfortable near you. If you shield while Sonic runs towards you, sure you can avoid the dash attack and running up smash, but it won't help you with the grab or pivot grab, that's why jumping or short hop then nair is a good option. Remember, If there's anything else you wanna ask, go for it, I'll be sure to get back to you later today or tomorrow! :D

raizur

Smash Cadet
NNID
raizur
3DS FC
4425-1652-3596
How're the discussions coming along? What's the consensus on Villager, it's been a while and there are a billion posts so it's tl;dr!
Also, the metagame is going to change DRASTICALLY on Wednesday when the Mewtwo patch comes out and Kirby gets nerfed, so keep that in mind. Maybe slow the discussion down a bit until then because it might change everything ;D
Kirby's getting a nerf? Are you assuming the worst to come from the patch or is it already confirmed?

Sparky15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elec-Wolf
3DS FC
2578-3364-0347
Nerfed!? Sorry, but Kirby needs anything but a nerf. He's a bit tough to play as it is when fighting everyone else. So I don't think Kirby will become nerfed in the next patch. But I predict a bad MU against Mewtwo, so should we analyze that as soon as Mewtwo's released?

Sparky15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elec-Wolf
3DS FC
2578-3364-0347
My best advice for this situation would be to watch where Sonic's placement is when you're trying to get back on the stage. Remember, he can't be every where at once. If he's right next to the ledge, he's expecting you to attack to get back on, or a regular get up. If he has a bit of distance from the ledge, he's expecting a roll or for you to jump. Keep these in mind, and know what options Sonic has once you hang from the ledge. Also know your opponent's patterns and condition them to have an easier time to get back on the ledge. Always remember to ask yourself, "okay, what are the different options Sonic can do in this situation." once you figure it out, you'll be prepared to counter what Sonic has to offer. Say the Sonic is running at you, his only options there is to do a running up smash, dash attack, grab, and pivot grab. How do you avoid this? Well, you're Kirby, so jump and do a nair to pressure the Sonic not to get comfortable near you. If you shield while Sonic runs towards you, sure you can avoid the dash attack and running up smash, but it won't help you with the grab or pivot grab, that's why jumping or short hop then nair is a good option. Remember, If there's anything else you wanna ask, go for it, I'll be sure to get back to you later today or tomorrow! :D
Thanks a lot for the info I needed against Sonic! Should become less of a problem shen encountering one in tournaments. ;)

Another thing, but out of curiosity, does Captain Falcon's up-tilt have more priority than Kirby's aerials? I so happened to get meteor smashed twice because I challenged it with my f-air then b-air. A bit confused since it didn't trade either.

raizur

Smash Cadet
NNID
raizur
3DS FC
4425-1652-3596
Thanks a lot for the info I needed against Sonic! Should become less of a problem shen encountering one in tournaments. ;)

Another thing, but out of curiosity, does Captain Falcon's up-tilt have more priority than Kirby's aerials? I so happened to get meteor smashed twice because I challenged it with my f-air then b-air. A bit confused since it didn't trade either.
You're welcome!

To be honest, I think it does. best way to counter that in my opinion would be the final cutter, due to it's range and you don't have to be as close to Captain Falcon compared with using one of Kirby's tilts. Also, when using the final cutter, make sure to use it just a bit below the ledge so that it will hit Captain Falcon on it's way up. If you wanna try something daring, I think inhale should also work to kirbycyde the Captain Falcon if you have a stock lead. I'd recommend you experiment with this, becasue i'm not too certain if inhale has enough range to get Captain Falcon without getting hit with the utilt.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
It's... guys, it's sarcasm.
I personally think Kirby could use buffs (and I think most Smash 4 players agree) but I'm not getting my hopes up. I honestly expect, at best, zero change, and I think you should too.

Tomas Fer

Smash Rookie
For the spin dash I usually just tap twice jab, that stops the spin dash and keeps you in a safe position in case that he cancels it with shield and does a different approach. If you hit the jab you need to react quickly with another jab, or he can punish you with his jab or getting away with up-b.

If you have customs, the up-b out of shield if your best option to keep him away.

This match-up is purely patience.

WootSnorlax

Smash Apprentice
I personally think Kirby could use buffs (and I think most Smash 4 players agree) but I'm not getting my hopes up. I honestly expect, at best, zero change, and I think you should too.
Nah breh. They are gonna nerf Kirby by getting rid of fire Kirby. We're done for.

raizur

Smash Cadet
NNID
raizur
3DS FC
4425-1652-3596
oh lol, sarcasm doesn't translate very well on print XD Yeah I agree, Kirby would use some buffs here and there. Though, I'm not getting my hopes up, I also expect little to no change with Kirby in this patch.

Last edited:

raizur

Smash Cadet
NNID
raizur
3DS FC
4425-1652-3596

Also, how much of help would I be without video demonstrations?
1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1Ws9v64-kU
2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y34hNZ-901g
Hope I was able to help your situations! :D

Sparky15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elec-Wolf
3DS FC
2578-3364-0347
You're welcome!

To be honest, I think it does. best way to counter that in my opinion would be the final cutter, due to it's range and you don't have to be as close to Captain Falcon compared with using one of Kirby's tilts. Also, when using the final cutter, make sure to use it just a bit below the ledge so that it will hit Captain Falcon on it's way up. If you wanna try something daring, I think inhale should also work to kirbycyde the Captain Falcon if you have a stock lead. I'd recommend you experiment with this, becasue i'm not too certain if inhale has enough range to get Captain Falcon without getting hit with the utilt.
While watching the videos, I might as well show the following moments from when I got meteor smashed by Captain Falcon's up-tilt:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=031bvRYEPMk at 4:27 and 5:53. Clearly my f-air and b-air were active in their respective time frames. Or maybe Captain Falcon just hit from above and the moves weren't high enough to protect and/or the fact that practically all of Kirby's aerials have lower priority than his up-tilt.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
While watching the videos, I might as well show the following moments from when I got meteor smashed by Captain Falcon's up-tilt:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=031bvRYEPMk at 4:27 and 5:53. Clearly my f-air and b-air were active in their respective time frames. Or maybe Captain Falcon just hit from above and the moves weren't high enough to protect and/or the fact that practically all of Kirby's aerials have lower priority than his up-tilt.
At 4:27 you weren't spaced properly. Yes your f-air was out but it wasn't hitting him and fair doesn't have a hit-box above you which is why you didn't trade with Falcon's up-tilt. Same for 5:53 with b-air.

So yeah, you whiffed both aerials which is why you got hit. :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom