• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top Ten Videos of Each Character

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
yes because linking is all it is ... not watching the videos, or finding the players regions, or or looking at other players opinions of the videos.

none of that is done obv.
just linking.

bigman40

Smash Master
None of that is explained in the OP. It's just a list of great representation videos for each character. If there was a criteria that explained what actually made a video worthy of being on the OP, then I wouldn't have said that.
However, I guess that's common sense isn't it? Wait.....

I can understand watching the videos and looking at other players opinions, but I'm pretty sure Meno does not look at where the player live in what regions by the way the OP is setup.

If someone gave a deadline when it was going to be updated, then that's on them. I mainly wondered where's the update since both deadlines were missed (Meno's original one and DTL's help to update on Sunday). If I'm wrong, then I'll stand corrected.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
None of that is explained in the OP. It's just a list of great representation videos for each character. If there was a criteria that explained what actually made a video worthy of being on the OP, then I wouldn't have said that.
However, I guess that's common sense isn't it? Wait.....

So ... you're saying you just want him to blindly add random videos...?
lol.
just lol

I can understand watching the videos and looking at other players opinions, but I'm pretty sure Meno does not look at where the player live in what regions by the way the OP is setup.

the players region is specified RIGHT after the link to the videos.

if i wasn't lazy i'd add in a facepalm picture here

bigman40

Smash Master
So ... you're saying you just want him to blindly add random videos...?
lol.
just lol
Clarification is all I'm asking for, but apparently, that's too much to do.

the players region is specified RIGHT after the link to the videos.

if i wasn't lazy i'd add in a facepalm picture here
K? My mistake. Sorry that I don't pay attention to every little detail made in this thread. I'm only interested in looking at what is updated.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Wow Bigman, you're a ****. That's the word with a c that rhymes with punt.

But also, all the vids have been decided on and are being put into the thread. It was a ****-ton of videos to re-watch which takes a lot of time.

Oh and BTW, Meno said it would be updated AFTER Sunday. I got my laptop Sunday night. I did homework (in college) and fell asleep. Monday I went to school, went to work for four hours, went to the rec center, then did homework. It was 12.

2 days after Sunday is a pretty fair example of after Sunday, but that's just imo.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
This match is so hype

Just... just put this in Sonic

Espy vs X

Edit: Also, lol at the above comment XD
Actually, I think this match was the best of their set:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFbyyhtoHqs&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

The second kill that Espy got on X was absolutely amazing. Seriously, it was such a good read.

I'm surprised that this set was actually fun to watch. I thought they would both be campy and constantly try to time each other out. Glad I was wrong. :)

:069:

bigman40

Smash Master

But also, all the vids have been decided on and are being put into the thread. It was a ****-ton of videos to re-watch which takes a lot of time.

Oh and BTW, Meno said it would be updated AFTER Sunday. I got my laptop Sunday night. I did homework (in college) and fell asleep. Monday I went to school, went to work for three hours, went to the rec center, then did homework. It was 12.

2 days after Sunday is a pretty fair example of after Sunday, but that's just imo.

bigman40

Smash Master

Oh and BTW, Meno said it would be updated AFTER Sunday. I got my laptop Sunday night. I did homework (in college) and fell asleep. Monday I went to school, went to work for four hours, went to the rec center, then did homework. It was 12.

Being prissy isn't trolling.
I was being serious before you made your edit. Don't care for you being mad and **** when I misinterpreted the actual information I listed. As for linking vids, I seriously thought that was mainly all that was done. I don't check what is posted in here and ****. I just check to see when it's updated and look at what's new. So, if you want an apology, then there. Happy?

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Stating what you think of somebody =/= anger.

And if I wasn't involved in actually working on the thread, I would have probably thought the same thing as you. In fact, I was always annoyed at DMG. But the more I know.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
After sorting through over 100 nominations, the November update is complete!

Requesting locations of the following players:

Zigsta
Atomsk
GIMR
Dio
Smasher
Bloodcross
LinkX
PikaPika!
Jtails
Coney
Vinnie
Izaw
Inova
Candy
Choknater
Count
Speed
AC
Seagull
Korn
T

Bjay
Kitsune
Anaky
Zudenka
Ezgon
Yami

Boofy!

Smash Champion
After sorting through over 100 nominations, the November update is complete!

Requesting locations of the following players:

Zigsta
Atomsk NJ
GIMR MD/VA
Dio Japan
Smasher Japan
Bloodcross
LinkX
PikaPika!
Jtails NY
Coney MD/VA
Vinnie NY
Izaw Sweden?
Inova Sweden?
Candy MD/VA
Choknater
Count Ohio?
Speed MD/VA
AC
Seagull MD/VA
Korn MD/VA
T

Bjay
Kitsune
Anaky
Zudenka
Ezgon
Yami
thats all i know

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Oh, could I request only exact locations?

I don't bother with /'s or "likely" locations. Only the for-sure stuff please.

kthnx

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Lemme see if I can help with a couple of those:
Zigsta TX
Atomsk NJ
GIMR MD/VA
Dio Japan
Smasher Japan
Bloodcross MA
LinkX
PikaPika! NY
Jtails NY
Coney MD/VA
Vinnie NY
Izaw Sweden (yes, both Izaw and Inova are from Sweden iirc)
Inova Sweden
Candy MD/VA
Choknater CA I think, if he hasn't moved
Count Indiana
Speed MD/VA
AC TJ
Seagull MD/VA
Korn MD/VA
T

Bjay
Kitsune France (I'm assuming we're talking about the European player Kitsune, right?)
Anaky (UK)
Zudenka (Switzerland)
Ezgon
Yami

That's my list for now. I want to say that Ezgon is from Switzerland, and Bjay's Australia, but I can't say for sure since I haven't seen the videos lol. Meno, have you considered looking up the names on AiB? I'm sure their locations are easier to look up there than SWF (if they have accounts/are active lol).

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Good **** for admitting that Polt.

Meno, DSF doesn't really understand the matchup and Polt took advantage of that. It wasn't really an optimal display from both sides. Polt vs RedHalberd is a better reference imo.

ghaudephaede010

Smash Journeyman
Its just that what people are saying is that exciting doesnt mean best.
Best means optimal, and its more important to have newer videos of shu, where he is over a year more refined, than old videos, regardless of whether they are flashier/more entertaining
What? I guess this topic is too open then. The videos I posted are the best Snake matches I have ever seen. They are technical, still matter today, and show amazing display. None of Shu's current videos are better than the ones from a year ago. I learned more from those videos than any of the newest videos he has out. That should definitely count for something. Maybe the topic should be addressed as, "Newest Good Videos of Each Character,"instead of saying, "The Best Vids of Each Character." That would stave my confusion and save us a lot of simple arguing.

And best does not mean optimal, nor does it mean most important. It means best. I assume it means best display of each character. And in this case, those videos are definitely the best use of Snake I have ever seen. That is how I clarified best. I guess I was wrong...

And the Shu match taken is not nearly as good as Shu vs Nietono match 3 from the same tournament... Oh wells.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
count and i are both from norcal

thanks for putting the vid up

:) i got even better since then, but yeah thats prob my best vid for now. there are probably better sheiks than me haha but i think thats a good display of how sheik can **** in that matchup.

i know this is a little early after the update but i also wanna nominate this vid...

daiki (sheik) vs brood (olimar)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpCxjlVmGvU&feature=player_embedded

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
1. thats because you arent good.

2. Im just kidding dont get upset. ur madd good.

3. your match where you beat atomsk in MK dittoes is on yt and I thought that match was great.

4. If you want good vids of yourself, you have to put them up yourself, for the most part, people arent going to do it for you.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ROFL @ THE DDD VID

SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOSHOTS SHOTS

bahahahhahaha

man

this thread is such an awesome resource. i hardly practice brawl but this helps me keep up with what strategies are working, who's good, and what techniques are being invented

i think i need to learn how to do that platform cancel thing....

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Thanks guys!

Just missing the Europeon player Ezgon.

Also, Imageshack is weird. Peach may or may not be back shortly.

Top Bottom