• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top Ten Videos of Each Character

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Holy makes almost ideal use of ROB's hitboxes and his decisions are usually on point whereas Ocean displays a level of flexibility and agility that a lot of people would not believe ROB is capable of. Basically, I envision the ideal ROB to be a "less conservative Ocean" or a "more technical Holy", depending on how you wanna look at it.

:059:

stingers

Smash Obsessed
holy does some things that no other ROBs do afaik

- he spaces his nair really well when people are approaching so they'll hit the front end of the nair right before ROB lands instead of hitting him
- he spaces nair really well when (fast)falling so he'll land with some sort of protection. sometimes he does this out of up-b for more control, which is smart. up-b has a lot of undiscovered potential for more exact spacing for ROB I think, I've been looking into it a lot recently personally but holy's got it all down already XD

however, holy still (and every ROB I've seen) still has a huge problem with stage control. ROB gets pushed back to the ledge very easily and has a hard time regaining stage. back in the day this was cool because it ideally put us far away from our opponent and more room to camp but as people have gotten better at pressuring us it just puts us in a bad position where we have no where to run.

now you could argue that some of oceans tricks would help but for the most part his "tricks" only come out when hes falling from being juggled and besides that he just plays a pretty normal (albeit very good of course, I just mean, not anything mindblowing besides him having good fundamentals) ROB, he's just mastered landing better than any other ROB I'd say. I don't think it has anything to do with his technicality, he's just good at falling lol.

so I agree on the point that
* Holy's great at ROBs fundamentals (controlling his hitboxes as you put it)
* However holy's not so great at (IMO) stage control and (comparatively to ocean) gets juggled harder

so a mix of the two could be 'ideal', but
NO ROBs have currently mastered the positioning aspect of smash I'd say. we've got a lot to work on there. in fact, generally the only people that have positioning mastered for the most part are top players, because most people generally only concern themselves with how their options will deal with their opponents options, but not specifically as much with how where they are in relation to their opponent changes the option spread. ideally, you want to put yourself in the right place so you can cover all of their options. (if you get what im saying, I don't really know how to put this into words very well lol).

so yeah. IMO, a mix of the two still isn't quite ideal, there's still much more to be perfected.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
LOL.

But nah, I can't update things atm. I've been extremely busy with schoolwork.

When it begins to lighten up (ie. after Halloween), I'll take the time to update, as well as implement a way to bring back friendlies and MMs back on the OP.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
If you want you can just note which matches are Tournament/MM/Friendlies so people are aware. That way all good videos can still be posted and there will be none of the "but it was a friendly" talk.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I figure that the only issue with using color-coding is that the player's name being mentioned/nominated for the video is also color coded on the first page, based on location.

I don't know what you'll do about that...

Tesh

Smash Hero
You could probably just put a little icon or asterisk next to any non tournament match.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEte3Hm9o4k

EDIT: Noone wouldve looked as bad as Bleachigo. He is playing one of ZSS's worst MUs, and he got ****ed down. Hard.That was seriously the worst display of skill ive seen in my life. Someone shouldve just unplugged his controller. Maybe the ravaging of his colon would been slightly delayed by the mindgame.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
I don't know if that DDD was bad, or the stuff BillyBee was doing was so utterly brilliant and never before seen that it defied comprehension. Amazing!
2:31 read him like a book. SH over that dtilt lmao
When that jet hammer came out I lost :)
Saving
I want moar! <3

Top Bottom