• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero_Saber

Smash Apprentice
I think Kismet is a more consistent player, but as far as recent wins go (assuming they were all with Falco as advertised) Bloodcross should get the third spot right now. Kismet is really solid though and with a little more travel he could easily take top 3.

Also Vato, Biglou, and Player-1's wins should all be posted side by side and actually discussed because for the last 2-3 weeks it's just been talk about individual wins or vague references to who has better wins rather then a comprehensive list of who they have beaten (and maybe notably bad losses). Feel free to disregard this, but I think putting the big wins of the current discussions in the OP would be so helpful and would partially stop the ignorant posts by people who only know one player.

kismet2

Smash Ace
@Luxord LOL XD

if my opinion matters then you can just put me at 4th and bc as 3rd. i'll become best falco eventually lol

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Who is fit to be on such a panel without heavy backlash from all the people who post in this thread regularly? No one is safe.

I don't see why asking each of the character boards to vote on a Top 5 every now and then wouldn't be all it takes (until unless EVERY SINGLE FOX PLAYER decides they don't want to be on the list).

M@v

Subarashii!
If there was a panel, people wouldn't shut up about being biased.

@ Reflex. I wouldn't mind being on the fox list. The problem is though I feel I'm the #6 fox at this time, and that top 5 on there(as much as some of them say they dont want to be on there) are better than me. I hope to have that changed by the end of summer, but as of now its true *shrug*

I think the top 5 list is TKD trev Nakat Zeton then megafox, that order.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
GUYS

i still don't see why this is all open discussions

make a panel for it!

will be soooo much more organized!!
That's totally the wrong move. The biggest contributing factor to why people care about this thread is the open discussion. Think about all the people who are subbed only for the drama. Think about all the people whose trash talk leads to money matches.

Is it really fair to the smash community to take all that away?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
There wouldn't be much bias if the character boards themselves did it whenever they collectively felt a change was necessary. I think that's where the original PT list came from, actually.

It seems like a much cleaner system than, "My Diddy has a bigger banana than your Diddy!"

That's totally the wrong move. The biggest contributing factor to why people care about this thread is the open discussion. Think about all the people who are subbed only for the drama. Think about all the people whose trash talk leads to money matches.

Is it really fair to the smash community to take all that away?
I mean, people will still cry about it and make their arguments. It's just that people who aren't fighting for better spots on it will be more satisfied with the accuracy. I don't think it would cause this thread to become significantly less heated; they'll just switch to saying, "Look at my most recent results--It's time for my character board to put me where I belong."

M@v

Subarashii!
The problem with that is many character boards are extremely inactive, the fox boards being one of them actually xD. For the active boards though it isnt a bad thing to consider

:phone:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I mean, people will still cry about it and make their arguments. It's just that people who aren't fighting for better spots on it will be more satisfied with the accuracy. I don't think it would cause this thread to become significantly less heated; they'll just switch to saying, "Look at my most recent results--It's time for my character board to put me where I belong."
I was being sarcastic.

It seems like a much cleaner system than, "My Diddy has a bigger banana than your Diddy!"
But you appear to be beating me to the laughs anyway.

Cassio

Smash Master
I'd wait till after the weekend on falco. After checking Kismet's losses Im not sure hes better than SK, and E4's this weekend so itll add clarity. Id want to see BCs losses too.

Also I agree with Reflex

KageMurphy

Smash Master
There doesn't need to be a panel, this is an open thread for the discussion, keep it that way. I'm tired of these groups forming who don't know **** all about anything and just wanna make themselves feel more important, go away. #URCsucked #BBRsucks

Anyway, D1AOS is not better then Meek. And BC has a lot of good wins with Falco, more so then MK/Snake so yeah, having other characters doesn't take away from his main, he should be sitting fine at 3rd.

:017:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I like how 6 months ago I said exactly what reflex just said and everyone thought I was stupid.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
The character boards don't care for the rankings. Most people understand where they are in the scheme of things about their character and their region, so they don't really care "Oh hey I'm the 7th best Pikachu in America" because it is irrelevant.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
But surely they would be informed of the players' results and the like, and as a result, they would be better-suited to judging the Top 5 for their character.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
ok instead of a panel, how about u get a couple of people to make threads in each character board and lead the discussions for the ranking? dont just expect the boards to take care of themselves, if they wanted to do it alone they all woulda done it by now

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Tbh, I like the drama in this thread. It's entertaining and allows me plenty of opportunities to make sidelong comments. However, that being said, I don't want any thread like the one Seibrik suggested popping up in my character board. People go there to gain information. I don't want people going there to bicker. Make your panel of players for each char or leave it here, but keep the **** out of my character board. You're crazy if you think the regulars here who like to make uninformed comments won't travel. The last thing I want to put up with is MORE belligerent people posting on the character boards.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
The rankings will never be proof or factual. They're just a formation of opinions based on varying data. The :wolf: list should have Megarobman as #1 though, followed by Barracudadrifter at 2nd, Kain at 3rd and 4th, and then KaloKross at 5th.

:018:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
To expand on my prior comment, it just defeats the whole purpose of the board. That thread, by its nature, has a controversial air in a place people (especially new players) go to find information and regulars go to help themselves and others. There's a social element as well, but this sort of thing is in direct conflict. It's not like a results thread you use to exhort the other players on your board. It is putting your foot down and saying X player us better than Y player, which, in many situations, is an unavoidable put down aimed at someone else that you have to put out there if the thread is to be accurate.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
This thread sparks a lot of good debates and interesting conversation, its fine how it is, good God, it never ends with some of you.

Seagull for #1 Wolf.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I'm not going to support this thread if people start panels or threads in character boards.

I don't want to limit the opinion to only people who main the character, and I enjoy watching people create a case for themselves (compared to someone else deciding it for them). We never would have had situations like MegaRobMan take place and I can bet that a handful of people do not know ALL of the smash community's accomplishments/losses. When we discuss things here there have been multiple amount of times where players who don't even live in "x" player's state tell me of their wins. This thread is honestly the best way in compiling a list like this, it's just a faster process overall.

If we use a panel, it will make this thread extremely boring. Imagine me just getting a PM and updating it every week or so. What if there are errors? Then they have to go back and discuss it, resend, etc. which could take far too long and players would likely get angry.

Character boards will probably bring forth consistent rankings, but I feel as though we are already doing that anyways. Plus, it takes away public discussion and defeats the purpose of the fun in this thread. Many people I can bet are subscribed to this thing and enjoy reading up on what's going on all in ONE place. No one is going to go check each character's boards for results/rankings, because it's too time consuming. Lots of players would probably unsubscribe to this thread... and I don't want that. Being a 'top 5' player of your character motivates a lot of players to get better and go out there to do something because they actually will be recognized for it (regardless of who they main).

I'm not going to say that this thread keeps Brawl alive (because it was doing extremely well beforehand), but I will say that it probably contributes to a few dozen players here and there going out to tournaments with a goal of accomplishing something. I've even seen the posts here in this thread myself of who they want to beat or how they want to place. That's more than enough reason for me to keep this thread exactly how it is.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
I've been really busy today, so sorry for not really checking on this thread.
Regarding SK92, Kismet, and Bloodcross:

DEHF > Shugo > Bloodcross > Kismet > SK92 ?

@Mekos, I understand what you are saying and I actually AGREE with it, but we absolutely HAVE to stick with results on this thread. If someone comes in and claims that they are the best Mario, then posts a video showcasing that (and it's an extremely well played out Mario) - but it has no scene in it's area... therefore no wins or results to compare itself to another, then what's the point? The only thing videos and showcasing will do is derail this thread (sadly), and I'm 100% serious when I say this. I've already seen the region bias before, arguments that the opponent was 'sick"/'playing poorly" etc. etc., and all it ever does is lead to pointless arguments that involve me moving no one anywhere at the end of the day.

Results and consistency are all that matters when it comes to this thread. Because it's required to compare oneself to another in a competitive scene. There are way too many factors to be taken into consideration when watching someone play on youtube or live in a tournament set. Take for example the Japanese and the Europeans. Two totally different attributes in playstyles when compared to ours. Many people doubted the Japanese doing anything notable when arriving at Apex, but they took both 1st and 2nd despite that. Europeans are known for being extremely flashy (hype sets), but some not being able to place when it all boils down to it due to them being countered by long and drawn out matches. I really appreciate your input, but I hope you can understand what I'm getting at here..

Comparing wins/losses and results is literally the only way we can hope to keep this thread running in a smooth process without it getting locked. That's my stance on this and it will stay that way.
Thank you for that beautiful post and understanding where I was coming from.

You are the leader of this thread and I respect your decision.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
This thread sparks a lot of good debates and interesting conversation, its fine how it is, good God, it never ends with some of you.

Seagull for #1 Wolf.

I actually think that me and Kain are about even to be honest. Our results are always similar whenever we've gone to the same tourney. We both have strengths and weaknesses, but are generally good players. We both excel at certain matchups. I think me and Kain should be listed the same way as Gnes/Adhd are on the list as equally 1st, but I'm fine with Kain being listed above me as 1st on this chart. I wouldn't be fine if I was listed solely as first because I don't see myself better then Kain. So either keep the current list or put me and Kain as equal lol. It's all a matter of opinion. I wish Choice still played consistently cause then we could've been considered something like the big 3 :wolf:'s lol. 3 is always a nice numero.

:018:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom