• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tingle for SSB4 Thread - Assist Trophy Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
But they took the creepyness that tingle had and developed it into a full character with a full game. They kindof chose that role for him alone to be the Zelda spinoff character.
What do you mean by "They kind of chose that role for him alone to be the Zelda spinoff character." ? Do you mean they design him so that he could be a spin off character or because of his creepiness is what gave him a new game? If its the second one I believe there are plenty of weird characters that could have gotten their own spin off.

His bizarre-ness seems out of place in a Zelda game. Honestly, even I don't dislike him really.
In actuality the Zelda universe has a ton of weird characters. Just check this Video.

@Oasis_S: That is true.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Tingle is the only LoZ character who should be added, if you're strictly looking at his roles/prominence/spin-offs/"new balloon fighter title"

But, Toon Zelda, and Ghirahim definitely get some mentions. Although I think the latter simply will be a trophy, Toon Zelda is a real contender.

D

Deleted member

The revival of this thread makes be feel Tingle-y. :troll:

Though seriously, Tingle should be in Smash 4.
Hatebase be damned, it's not like Sakurai cares about it. If he did, Tingle would not have been an Assist or even in the game at all save for maybe a Trophy and a Sticker or two.

Speculator

Smash Ace
It has been said that Sakurai and the Smash team considered Balloon Fighter for Melee but couldn't justify a good enough moveset for him. Therefore, why not kill two birds with one stone by having Tingle, but at the same time, the Balloons being a core mechanic of his gameplay?
The balloon isn't as important a mechanic to Tingle as it is to the Balloon Fighter. I've seen suggesstions that Tingle be included with Balloon Fighter-like gameplay before, but really the only similarity between the two characters is that they both have balloons. Tingle's balloon is just his mode of transport whereas the Balloon Fighter is centered entirely around his balloons. They work in entirely different ways - I'm aware of Tingle's Balloon Fight, but that was a Japan-only limited release bonus and has very little influence. In the main series Zelda games, as well as his spin-offs, Tingle acts nothing like the Balloon Fighter when he's up on his balloon. There's merit for including them both - just look at the Balloon Fighter support thread here on Smashboards.

Also, I think you might be mistaken about Sakurai being unable to think of a moveset for the Balloon Fighter. I read that his reasoning was "the balloons might blow around too easily", which lead to the inclusion of the Ice Climbers instead. But that Q&A was a very long time ago - now that the Ice Climbers are established characters, Sakurai wil surely be taking another look at old NES characters to bring back and might reconsider his position.

D

Deleted member

As I stated in the main Character thread, Balloon Fighter wasn't actually seriously considered and denied for the reasoning of "being useless if his balloons popped" (this was the reasoning he gave).
What had happened was that Sakurai made a list of NES stars (which included the four he listed on the Ice Climbers page as well as the Climbers themselves among others) and went down the list, going through the process of elimination to find which one to go with.
The four he listed (Balloon Fighter, Bubbles, Excitebiker, Urban Champion) were examples of the elimination process with the reasoning he gave. He stated afterwards that the Climbers had no such reasoning.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I do think his balloons should simply be reserved as an Up+B mechanic. I'm thinking he quickly inflates a balloon and jumps straight up then slowly drifts around as the balloon deflates. What's that? Pointless specials moveset time? Well, sure, okay.

TINGLE
Map-maker, Rupee-lover, and Traveler supreme​

Up, BALLOON TRIP
He inflates his balloon, sending himself quickly into the air straight up. After reaching the top of his rise, the balloon starts to deflate and he slowly drifts to the ground. While floating, his attacks all function as if he were normally in the air with the exception of Up+B and throw, both of which release the balloon so it can float upward.
- The balloon can be popped if enough (30%ish) damage is dealt to it.
- Enemies can stand on the balloon. If they stay on the balloon after it's released, then they will be lifted off the stage along with it, but at no point does this excellent recovery move deal damage.

Side, SLINGSHOT
Similar to Link's bow except weaker, faster charging and, most importantly, can be shot in any direction. The bullet is affected by gravity and disappears when it hits anything. (Tingle used a slingshot in one of his spin-off games)

Neutral, KOOLOO-LIMPAH
A fairly slow move, essentially having him dance while singing his magic words and cause a very random effect at the end.
First, he dramatically throws confetti behind him, then in front of him, then spins and does a backflip, throwing confetti in a big burst all around him. Each little piece of confetti floats slowly to the ground and deals 1% and interrupts enemies (like being hit by Falco's blaster).

If Tingle is allowed to fully complete his dance, one of these random effects will occur:
1. A random food item appears (not including Maxim tomatoes/hearts).
2. A random small throwable item appears (freezie, bob-omb, etc.
3. Tingle Shield: For the next 10 seconds, Tingle is enveloped in a protective bubble and cannot take damage. He can still be knocked around.
4. Tingle suddenly explodes, sending out a huge burst of the dangerous confetti all around him. The explosion doesn't actually hurt Tingle or send him away, but he is vulnerable for a second as he dusts himself off. Fortunately, it's not super easy to get in close enough to him through the confetti cloud.

Down, TINGLE BOMB
A chargeable explosive that is thrown when the button's released. Charging increases all aspects of the bomb: Range, blast radius, and damage. The thrown bomb only explodes after the fuse runs out after a few seconds; it does not explode on impact with the ground or objects, but it will lightly damage and bounce off enemies.
Ground: The bomb is thrown in an arc in the direction he's facing. The bomb rolls like a barrel upon hitting the ground.
Air: The bomb is dropped straight down. Most useful when Tingle's floating with his Up B balloon high above enemies. Death from above!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Here's a Tingle support sig based on his MM incarnation, which I like more.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I would rather see Tingle's Up+B be used for throwing bombs like Yoshi's Up+B. Why does Tingle need to inflate his red balloon for recovery? Tingle could simply float by puffing his balloon repeatedly like Jigglypuff puffs her balloon-like body.

I think Tingle's moveset should involve rupees and fairies since he's well known for his association with rupees and fairies.

B - Tingle Shield
Tingle uses fairy magic to encase himself in a magic rupee-shaped barrier. It works like Zelda's B move but the barrier comes in different colors that deal varying amounts of damage.

Green - 1% and tripping
Blue - 5% and stunning
Yellow - 10% and weak knockback
Red - 20% and decent knockback
Purple - 50% and high knockback (could be one hit KO if the opponent already has high damage)

Side B - Stray Fairy
Tingle sends out fairies to attack opponents. Fairies come in different colors that cause different status ailments.

Orange (sleep) - opponent falls asleep like if they were hit with Jigglypuff's Sing
Pink (poison) - opponent gets poisoned like if they were hit with Lip's Stick
Green (fire) - opponent gets burned like if they were hit with Ness's PK Fire
Blue (ice) - opponent gets frozen like if they were hit with Ice Climber's Blizzard
Yellow (electricity) - opponent gets stunned like if they were hit with Zero Suit Samus's Plasma Whip

Up B - Tingle Bomb
Tingle throws a bomb overhead like Yoshi throws eggs.

Down B - Rupee Like
Tingle drops a rupee on the ground. If an opponent gets too close to this rupee, the rupee transforms into a Like Like that grabs the opponent.

Final Smash - Kooloo-Limpah!
Tingle does his dance and then inflates his balloon. Tingle floats around and rapidly fires rupees like he did in the final boss fight against Uncle Rupee.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Have you ever considered the possibility he will be like a pokemon trainer and use his bodyguards to fight instead of he himself?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think I should request M&SG to make me the OP of the thread. The front post can be vastly improved.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
SUPER ULTRA REVIVE!

Take a look at the shiny new OP! :shades:
Joined SmashBoards in Dec 16, 2012... OP is dated from Jul 4, 2012... Something seems suspicious...
FalKoopa, do you have a time machine or something? :smirk:

Anyway, the OP is looking good so far. Tingle is one of the likeliest characters from the Zelda franchise to join Smash and could be a unique character as well, thanks to his quirkiness. Alongside Waluigi, he is a contender for another Fighting Clown type character.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I've made this a few months ago and I use it every now and then on MK7 online. Just in case Tingle doesn't make it in Smash 4 but custom Mii's do.

lol I tried.:awesome:

BarnOwlsRSoAdorable

Smash Apprentice
Really good idea! In case you couldn't tell, I was being sarcastic! Tingle doesn't have a point in the Zelda series and how can you give him a moveset. He's an even worse idea then Magikarp! Yeah, I said it! Also, you forgot his cameo in Spirit Tracks! :troll:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
In that case, please get lost.... :)

Also thanks for thoroughly reading the OP. :)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hmm, I'll put up a notice.

TO ALL TINGLE HATERS

If you dislike Tingle, please refrain from being overly harsh or arrogant or unnecessarily sarcastic.

IF YOU BREAK THIS GOLDEN RULE, I'LL YOUR NAME TO THE SUPPORTER'S LIST.

D

Deleted member

Wait a minute. We have someone who has a knack for making stupid character threads saying Tingle is a bad idea?

Can anyone say "hypocrite"?

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
Where's my name? I even wrote a short fanfic announcement with him being the first newcomer :)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Hmm, I'll put up a notice.

TO ALL TINGLE HATERS

If you dislike Tingle, please refrain from being overly harsh or arrogant or unnecessarily sarcastic.

IF YOU BREAK THIS GOLDEN RULE, I'LL ADD YOUR NAME TO THE SUPPORTER'S LIST.
Anna could totally use a notice like this for her thread. :laugh:

And yeah, I support Tingle too. :p

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Added Oasis to the supporters... though I'm thinking if I should put his name on the thread title as well. :laugh::smirk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom