• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tingle for SSB4 Thread - Assist Trophy Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well its not like those three would be the only ones expanding to more characters. I do agree, they should look more into some of their other series to expand upon. I can see Donkey Kong, Pikmin, Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem and Metroid receiving a new rep, Kirby and Starfox "could" maybe get another rep such as Krystal and Bandana Dee perhaps. So it should be fine. Mario even had 5 slots in Melee and seeing the forbidden 7 thing shows they were probably planning for at least 5 slots for these franchises anyway.

Tingle will likely represent his own series, yes.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well apparently he's popular in the east. Nintendo loves to cameo him a lot in the Zelda games. And he has his own games that were popular enough to get more.

I'd say we'd have to wait and see. Apparently Nintendo seems to be quite fond of him.

But whether he represent's his own games or the Zelda series remains to be seen. I do think he's Zelda's Yoshi and Wario so I do think he will show up with a Rupee icon or something instead of the Triforce icon.

Speculator

Smash Ace
But does he have a chance for his own series?

:phone:
Well, he has three of his own games, and like Kikwi said he is very popular in the east. He also feels very distant from the rest of the Zelda universe in my opinion. If there was one character that stood out in Majora's Mask, it was Tingle. So I think he could be considered a spin-off pretty easily.

Not to mention, he'll be getting an HD redesign for the Wind Waker remake on Wii U, which will be the first time he's appeared on a console Zelda for over ten years. He might be making a worldwide comeback.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Wouldn't he be better as a DLC? Tingle lovers can download him, while Tingle haters can avoid him.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Why would anybody hate tingle? :(
Because he's part of a very annoying series fetchquest in Windwaker.

Becasue his mannerisms are annoying.

Because he charges you an arm and a leg to translate charts.

Because he's a slaveowner.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I guess I'm the only one who never had any problems with him translating my chart's since I always have more than enough rupee's to pay him for them... Then again, I collect stuff even if I've already got the maximum for it and I enjoy sailing and rising up treasure from the ocean whenever I get the chance to... :T

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I guess I'm the only one who never had any problems with him translating my chart's since I always have more than enough rupee's to pay him for them... Then again, I collect stuff even if I've already got the maximum for it and I enjoy sailing and rising up treasure from the ocean whenever I get the chance to... :T
I'm OCD as well, but I still found it annoying. There's a ton of stuff in the game that drains your wallet, and the Tingle thing makes it even worse.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I felt his mannerisms in Majora's Mask amusing rather than annoying. I haven't played Wind Waker, so I don't know about that.
In MM he's not so bad. But in WW he's incredibly annoying.

Also, in FSA he tries to steal your force gems.

Speculator

Smash Ace
I'm OCD as well, but I still found it annoying. There's a ton of stuff in the game that drains your wallet, and the Tingle thing makes it even worse.
He needs rupees to live, man. Literally. They're his life force.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
In WW, you can have much more money than other Zelda games and the shops are cheaper when compared to other Zeldas, so Tingle is the only character that really drains your money.

Also, Tingle isn't annoying. He's annoyingly funny. :troll:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
In WW, you can have much more money than other Zelda games and the shops are cheaper when compared to other Zeldas, so Tingle is the only character that really drains your money.
Other characters/events that drain your wallet:
-Rock Spire Beedle(charges almost 1k rupees for an item)
-Windfall Island Auction
-Merchant Quest(one merchant charges you 200 Rupees for the Shop Guru)
-Placing plants on every pedestal on Windfal(minimum of 140 rupees).

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
considering you can have a maximum of 5000 Rupees, these don't end up as being as annoying as one might think.

Speculator

Smash Ace
Other characters/events that drain your wallet:
-Rock Spire Beedle(charges almost 1k rupees for an item)
-Windfall Island Auction
-Merchant Quest(one merchant charges you 200 Rupees for the Shop Guru)
-Placing plants on every pedestal on Windfal(minimum of 140 rupees).
Those are all sidequests though. Tingle is the only one who you actually need to hand over your dosh to in order to complete the game.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
considering you can have a maximum of 5000 Rupees, these don't end up as being as annoying as one might think.
Oh yes they do.

And it's not just having to pay to get the maps translated, but also the fact that, instad of just getting the map and finding the treasure, you have to go hunt down the map, pay Tingle to translate it, then go hunt don the
Triforce Shard.

@Speculator

Frost said there were no other characters that drain your wallet. Optional or not, those quests take a lot out of your wallet.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
That's your opinion, then. I didn't think of those as annoying as some people say... maybe I am just a veeeery patient individual... o.o

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The only thing I found annoying during that quest was having to constantly refer to the map and to the game in order to be certain you're floating at the right place to dig up the shard's.

But since the Wii U remake is likely making use of the gamepad for the sea chart's. That would basically be fixed for me.

Again, wether they drain your wallet or not, you can always try to save up and save those sidequest's for later after you've completed the triforce quest if you know you won't be having enough rupee's by the end of the game. I know this basically limit's you're freedom of doing what you wan't in the game. But if you know you won't have enough, better use them for the important stuff first and then save the optional thing's for later. Also it's always useful to get your hands on the wallet upgrades as soon as you get the chance to do so.

Just my advice. :/

Speculator

Smash Ace
To be honest I never found Tingle particularly inconvenient in Wind Waker either. I suppose it's because I spent a good amount of my first playthrough just sailing around and exploring islands anyway, so naturally I had a good amount of rupees coming in and I could just head back and pay him for a translation when I felt like it.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
To be honest I never found Tingle particularly inconvenient in Wind Waker either. I suppose it's because I spent a good amount of my first playthrough just sailing around and exploring islands anyway, so naturally I had a good amount of rupees coming in and I could just head back and pay him for a translation when I felt like it.
Yeah that's basically what I do as well. I love to explore the great sea, Going onto those watch tower's, into the submarine's, visiting the eye reef's, digging up any treasure I come across and killing enemies etc etc. So I usually end up with a ton of rupee's. So I always had more than enough to give to Tingle.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Can Tingle fight?
Well... if Balloon Fighter can fight because he has the word "fight" in his name... and Tingle did replace Balloon Fighter in the Balloon Fight DS game... that means whatever Balloon Fighter can do.... Tingle can do the same... therefore Tingle can fight.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Well... if Balloon Fighter can fight because he has the word "fight" in his name... and Tingle did replace Balloon Fighter in the Balloon Fight DS game... that means whatever Balloon Fighter can do.... Tingle can do the same... therefore Tingle can fight.
My copy of FPTRR comes in next week. I'll tell you if he can fight then.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
My copy of FPTRR comes in next week. I'll tell you if he can fight then.

All right... well, the final boss fight in that game.... the way Tingle does it... it should be his Final Smash.

BTW, can we play European DS games on our American DS units? I'm thinking of buying Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland from Amazon...

TheCreator

Smash Lord
I'm certainly going to find out next week. I didn't think so either, but it said in the info 'plays on all DSs' so I'm going to get a refund if not.

And that's a rupee cannon am I right?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That post reminds me.

Much of the west despises Tingle.

I think that may hurt his chances quite a bit.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I hope he doesn't up as a Japan-exclusive. Like what they planned for Marth and Roy in melee.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ask a bunch of average Zelda fans. He's not popular in the west.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom