• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SSB4 Risk Roster Game of Ruination: The Results Are In! Check Em Before this Thread Moves!

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
55 Character Roster.png

Changes

Updated Captain Falcon and Awakening character slots
Removed Lip
Removed Captain Rainbow
Added Andy (He doubles as an Advanced Wars character)

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So, are we allowed to change our rosters now? In that case...

Prediction Roster.png

Notes:

-"Rhythm Girl" is a placeholder for a Rhythm Heaven character. I can't seem to get proper images for certain characters...

-The three Miis to the side are supposed to represent one large Mii Fighter slot, where you can select any Mii Fighter you have created. Because of the unique nature of this character, it is separated from the rest of the roster (this isn't exactly a prediction, this is just how I designed it).

Also, if I recall correctly, didn't I still have Robin on my roster? How delightful...

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Here is my updated roster as well (even though I believe Gematsu is fake now, I still left Shulk and Chorus Men in. RIP K. Rool. There was no room for him. :( )

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Here is my updated roster as well (even though I believe Gematsu is fake now, I still left Shulk and Chorus Men in. RIP K. Rool. There was no room for him. :( )

I like this roster because everyone from the previous games returned, even though Sakurai's philosophy wouldn't allow it. But I don't see a reason for young link and roy since we have Toon Link and Lucina now.

It seems a lot people are afraid of making a 50+ roster and are just playing safe. More than 50 character rosters aren't impossible especially with Namco helping and clone characters confirmed.

Last edited:

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
I like this roster because everyone from the previous games returned, even though Sakurai's philosophy wouldn't allow it. But I don't see a reason for young link and roy since we have Toon Link and Lucina now.

It seems a lot people are afraid of making a 50+ roster and are just playing safe. More than 50 character rosters aren't impossible especially with Namco helping and clone characters confirmed.
I fail to see what you mean by Sakurai's philosophy not allowing it. On the contrary, his stance is in favor of all characters returning, but that time constraints may not allow that to happen.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Maybe that's because I haven't been following this thread. Considering my Roster Maker is out-of-date and on my near-death netbook, I haven't had time, nor have been willing, to edit it. Sorry. :ohwell:

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Had to murmur "It's okay, the clones barely count as characters" just to post this.

Dixie and Dark Pit are both clones
Rhythm Heaven Girl is a placeholder for Rhythm rep.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Ok gonna update...... but I've got a LOT of thinking to do haha

EDIT:

ok so I've just gone into f*ck it mode. After Ridley is where I'd put a Dark Samus.... IF I HAD ONE!

Last edited:

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Been busy with work, I know I'm behind but working on a revision of a revision right now (: Having to edit this because I don't have a PC. Don't have Winzip on the Mac, although I'll have to get around to getting that one day.

Mario Franchise: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina (5)
LoZ Franchise: Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, Tink (10)
Pokemon Franchise: Pikachu, Chairzard, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Greninja (15)
Fire Emblem Franchise: Marth, Ike, Lucina, Robin (19)
Star Fox Franchise: Fox, Falco, Wolf (22)
Kirby Franchise: Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight (25)
DK Franchise: DK, Diddy, King K Rool (28)
Metroid Franchise: Samus, Zamus (30)
Earthbound Franchise: Ness, Lucas (32)
Kid Icarus Franchise: Pit, Palutena (34)
Misc Franchise: Yoshi, Wario, Captain Falcon, Ice Climbers, Mr G&W, ROB, Villager, WFT, Little Mac, Mii's, Olimar, Shulk (46)
Third Party Franchises: Sonic, Mega Man, Pac Man (49)

Random Space gives it an even 50 boxes

Had to axe Ridley, Krystal and Isaac due to Mii's, Pac Man and Lucina taking their places. I'm still a firm believer in 49 people over 47, but who isn't? I would honestly much rather have my three in since they are each fan favorites and present something new to the franchise although Isaac is slightly hindered by Robin's inclusion. I also had to decide between Shulk and Isaac for the last spot but even without the Gamatsu leak a confirmed thing, Shulk still has the odds in his favor. Overall, this roster would make me happy although I would have preferred it differently

Last edited:

Marakatu

Smash Ace
Sure, I lost points, but I'm not even mad. I can ignore the Gematsu leak and add whoever I want.

- I went back to 50 characters.
- The characters in red are the ones who are not confirmed yet.
- "Rhythm H. Girl" is a placeholder for any Rhythm Heaven character.
- Dark Pit will be playable as an alternate outfit of Pit.

I guess that's pretty much it.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
What would he even do? Throw rare candies?
This isn't the thread for that kind of discussion, if you can't deal with someone else's choices just don't look at them, or ask sincerely without mockery.

Also, with enough creativity a pokemon trainer character could actually be viable.
- Uses a pidgeotto to hover as a recovery
- summons an abra to teleport around the stage
- summons a rhyhorn to charge forward
- summons a mr. mime to create a reflecting shield.
- can summon a wobbuffet to absorb hits and then unleash them

jabs could include throwing rocks.
tilts can include use of items like a dowsing machine to smack other players while simultaneously having a chance of making a healing item appear (like one of game and watch's hammer options)
smash attacks could involve a pokemon appearing and using strength.
A final smash could be any of the several legendary pokemon or mega-evolution pokemon using an OP attack.
You could even have the hilarity of a grab being catching an opponent in a pokeball, it goes back and forth on the ground to deal damage, and then the opponent escaping the pokeball launches him/her in the distance.

It's not the best idea for a pokemon rep, it's not the most likely, but there's stuff for the character to do.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Didn't like the tone of the rare candy comment, didn't feel like that attitude should have been left ignored like it's ok.
There was no attitude, lighten up. I was curious about his choice because I've never heard anyone suggest him as a single character before.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
There was no attitude, lighten up. I was curious about his choice because I've never heard anyone suggest him as a single character before.
He was a pretty popular choice back during the pre-Brawl days. If I recall, a lot of talk was about using different items and HMs as part of his moveset. This was before we got him revealed as Pokemon Trainer and his mechanics came out of left field.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I'll get right on that. Monday's reveal threw a gigantic monkey wrench into my roster because I counted on Gematsu. Now, I have to make very difficult decisions. I'll edit this post with the updated roster when I'm done.

EDIT: I had to make some ugly cuts, and some placements are controversial/possibly delusional, but it's my list, so I don't care. Here it is:

51 characters + 7 DLC (green borders in the bottom row).
I'm keeping the Gematsu characters because Chrom was initially planned; he just never made it into the final game. Gematsu's leaker had to have access to early information to guess Wii Fit Trainer, and I think Shulk and a Rhythm Heaven character are still on the way (especially since the Sneaky Spirit is in Smash Run), but I'm sure that won't be the final roster.

I kept Lucas because I think some of the newer Gematsu leaks are just the leaker blowing off steam and attempting to capitalize on their previous success, especially since they said that Shulk would be the big reveal. Sakurai seems to be bringing back as many Brawl vets as possible, even clones like Toon Link, so I can see Lucas returning.

And, now to address the big one. I realized that I couldn't keep the roster in E3 demo order and keep all of Dixie Kong, K. Rool, and Ridley; Wario needs to be in the top row because he is also "extended Mario". This is where my bias shows; While I like Ridley, I left him as DLC because I think Dixie and K. Rool both have a strong chance of getting in the game, and there is a chance that the Ridley shown in the Direct is just a boss. Some will call me delusional for thinking that two DK characters will get in over Ridley, but again, this is my list. We'll see if it bites me later.

Incorrectly predicted:
Chrom

Not predicted:
Lucina
Robin

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945