• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
So someone pointed out to me that in the smash @Pax background, they have the meta gear logo o-o.
I hate to kill hype, but the pax background is just an edited version of a fan-made background.

vs

Compare those two images to this:
upload_2015-8-30_22-16-50.jpeg

You can see that the Smash backgrounds not only share the same layout, but the design of the fox logo is off on both of them. Especially the legs.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
This should be a buddy in The Phantom Pain and (Solid) Snake's new Final Smash. No question! If we can't have a gatling gun, then it'll be a grenade launcher!

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
Apparently the smash ballot page was updated today. Could mean nothing, or could mean everything. Though a ballot page update along with "server maintenance" today seems peculiar.

FreezeGuy64

Smash Cadet
from that "Smash DLC Question" page, there's really so much support for Snake, even Wolf which's really awesome !!!!

and yet there are ppl wanting Simon Belmont

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Apparently the smash ballot page was updated today. Could mean nothing, or could mean everything. Though a ballot page update along with "server maintenance" today seems peculiar.
Apparently, when you check to see the last time that the page updated, it shows the current time. It probably doesn't mean anything.

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator
So someone pointed out to me that in the smash @Pax background, they have the meta gear logo o-o.
A guy from the PAX staff on Twitter posted this picture yesterday
https://twitter.com/xd1x/status/637684656754655233

Also he supports and retweed about Snake's return and game balance
https://twitter.com/xd1x/status/638256839549804544
The "Snake's return for tomorrow" topic

This is a picture from Twitch Twitter for the Smash Finals
Different of another
https://twitter.com/twitch/status/638182359704010752

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Decided to replay Ground Zeroes to prepare myself for the Phantom Pain, and I'm finding that I'm not very good at open world stealth. (the tranquilizer gun doesn't seem to be as useful as it was in MGS1 and 3) Hopefully that will change once I have access to stuff like the cardboard box and Fulton recovery, though.

In a particularly frustrating moment that happened this morning, I was going for the achievement where you rescue the intel operative without killing anyone (where you fly around in a helicopter). I got to the end and even though I only used the stun option (unless it was a vehicle, in which case, I had to use a grenade), the results screen showed that I had one kill. I don't know if I accidentally hit a driver while trying to blow up a vehicle, or if one of the soldiers who I stunned was run over or caught in the explosion from a grenade, but I still got my first S rank, so that's a plus.

As for today's Smash maintenance, I can't see anything coming of it. While it would be fitting for Snake to sneak in like this (and well-timed, given the release of the Phantom Pain), I feel like people are getting excited over nothing. (which is understandable; it's been two months since the last character release and we've heard nothing about new content since)

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I'm not really expecting anything today, it's not like them to not announce any updates in advance. My guess is they're just checking to see if the servers are working and not over capacity. If Snake does somehow sneak in, I will be pleasantly surprised, but my money is that the maintenance check is just what it claims to be.

FreezeGuy64

Smash Cadet
Lol, how about seeing an exclamation mark or maybe a box on the fighter ballot page, i will be shocked xD

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
Because I've been kicking ass in school lately, my dad's going to pick up Phantom Pain and bring it to me tomorrow night, in all of its PS3 20FPS glory. I was worried I'd have to wait forever to pick it up and guard against spoilers for weeks...

I'm so freaking hyped, guys. I'm so ready to see the conclusion to my favorite video game characters' story. Stocked up on energy drinks and slim jims, even though I'm probably not going to stay up too late on a school night. The hype is literally too much to handle. Agh. Here's hoping it's a good conclusion.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I'm so tempted to run to the store and get phantom pain for my weak laptop. It ran phantom pain at like 15fps.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
My cousin and I are awaiting our copy to ship, so there'll be some agonizing waiting to be done but it'll be well worth it, being able to play what will probably be consider Kojima's magnum opus.

I'm just hoping to see the ties to MG/MG2 and possibly an appearance of young Solid Snake~

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Sigh...I student teach starting next week, but this week I have seminars and staff development to do. I probably won't be able to start the game until Wednesday :cry:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I've got the CE Preordered. And guess what!

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I'll probably be getting Phantom Pain tonight. Maybe I'll be able to start playing some of it before I head off to bed.

Also - I want to reaffirm with all of you that I support Snake's return to Super Smash Bros. I was somewhat hesitant in regards to Konami, but I'd be happy to help you guys out bringing Snake home.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
This should be a buddy in The Phantom Pain and (Solid) Snake's new Final Smash. No question! If we can't have a gatling gun, then it'll be a grenade launcher!
This is amazing. I dunno which is better, this, or Donkey Kong riding the swordfish in DKC.

D

Deleted member

What is the deal with the whole medic thing, by the way?
I've only heard bits and pieces of the rumor.

Is the rumor about how supposedly the "Snake" in Phantom Pain isn't Big Boss but some medic guy?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I've got the CE Preordered. And guess what!
I'm so damn jelly right now. I'd love to get the CE if I had extra money laying around or ordered it in time. I'm a sucker for collectible stuff. Having that replica hand would have been great!

Especially if I could shoot it like a damn rocket...

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
I'll be getting TPP as soon as I get my new Macbook. I might not be playing it as soon as I get it though, I'm starting my first year at college this year and I have no idea how busy my workload is going to be.

Even still, my hype thrusters are stuck on overdrive

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
Oh my gosh, dad got me all the preorder bonuses too. I'm so ready. GG, dad. MVP.

Considering all the AMAZING callbacks in the climax of MGS4 (And all the callbacks in general in 4) I'm super excited to see what Kojima's gonna bring to the ending of this game. Bet tears will be shed from longtime fans. I wish you all luck in your journey for revenge tonight. After midnight, I'm probably not going to be posting here until I make some headway into the game. Here's hoping we can help eachother through. Snake doesn't have to fight alone this time. It's an honor to spend the (most likely) ending of the series with you guys. So many memories and feelings throughout the years, starting way back on the MSX... Finally, it's all gonna end.

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
I always get hyped up and hope for snake whenever there's a slight chance, I give up, my hopes are at a all time low, forgive me. But I'm not even gonna get my hopes up any more cause it just leads to heart break. So now I'm not even gonna get excited for the next direct/whatever, only gonna get excited when I finally see snake, because honestly this roller coaster has been going on way too long and I'm getting off

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
I always get hyped up and hope for snake whenever there's a slight chance, I give up, my hopes are at a all time low, forgive me. But I'm not even gonna get my hopes up any more cause it just leads to heart break. So now I'm not even gonna get excited for the next direct/whatever, only gonna get excited when I finally see snake, because honestly this roller coaster has been going on way too long and I'm getting off
August has been boring and unforgiving and so will September. Those of y'all with TPP are lucky to have such an appropriately timed distraction while the rest of us try to read the DLC release date from tea leaves.

On the bright side, it could be worse. I keep checking some forums for this pop star and one of the main speculation threads was filled with spam, catfighting, and inappropriate images. :drshrug: I'm glad SmashBoards hasn't reached that level of messiness. Not yet, anyway QrEzM.png

M15t3R E

Smash Master
I approve of Snake being in Smash 4. Unless there were copyright concerns there shouldn't have been a reason to cut him. But he was allowed to be added to Brawl's roster, so...

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
Made this really quick. Since we have ryu in the game, if we got the newly revealed costume in smash. Along with a few tinkerings we could have Punished Ryu

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
So if I enjoyed MGS TTS, should I buy the Legacy collection or MGS4/5? Seriously, I'm so hype for this. Not only is TTP being released, but also Metal Gear Solid Vocal Tracks & Covers as well. Considering that signs pointing towards Solid SNake's return to Smash, it could very well be a good day to be a a MGS fan tomorrow.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So if I enjoyed MGS TTS, should I buy the Legacy collection or MGS4/5? Seriously, I'm so hype for this. Not only is TTP being released, but also Metal Gear Solid Vocal Tracks & Covers as well. Considering that signs pointing towards Solid SNake's return to Smash, it could very well be a good day to be a a MGS fan tomorrow.
Hm, well the Legacy Collection comes with the original on PS1, MGS2, MGS3, Peace Walker and MGS4. So, if you can find it, I'd go with that. If you're just uber hyped for TPP then buy Ground Zeroes and then TPP.

Top Bottom