• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
It's the direct or bust. Here's hoping.

Makes sense too, I don't think Snake has anything over Sonic that he'd be revealed in E3 instead of a Direct.
Plus it's weird that the leaker mentioned Lucas possibly getting cut, and not a single mention of a popular third party like Snake. You'd think he'd mention a debate or anything unless he knows he's in? Idk, I'm reaching lol.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
Few things to note:

Not a single vet was revealed at E3.

With smash and MGSV both coming out around the same relative time, it would be silly NOT to include Snake. The announcement can be made to hype up that respective game similar to almost every character that has had a recent coinciding release (Olimar, Diddy, Sonic etc)

Possible that the character is not done yet either or changes have been made so wants to delay the reveal for that reason (like Yoshi walking upright..)

Even if he didn't make the Cut and if there is DLC, I feel like Kojima would be a type of guy to still want Snake to be in the series regardless and he would be a very viable option even if further down the road then we may like. Kojima does cool stuff like that.

billys_dad

Smash Apprentice
I was listening to the audio of the Smash Round table, and Sakurai said he wants to make Smash "the #1 character game in the world." Of course that was just a statement he said, but that gives me hope that Snake didn't get the boot.

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
Few things to note:

Not a single vet was revealed at E3.

With smash and MGSV both coming out around the same relative time, it would be silly NOT to include Snake. The announcement can be made to hype up that respective game similar to almost every character that has had a recent coinciding release (Olimar, Diddy, Sonic etc)

Possible that the character is not done yet either or changes have been made so wants to delay the reveal for that reason (like Yoshi walking upright..)

Even if he didn't make the Cut and if there is DLC, I feel like Kojima would be a type of guy to still want Snake to be in the series regardless and he would be a very viable option even if further down the road then we may like. Kojima does cool stuff like that.
MGSV is not coming out this year.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
MGSV is not coming out this year.
Yeah. 1984, right? =p

MGSV and Smash were my highlights of this years E3!

"Early 2015" still is relatively close to October and Winter for the hype train to work.

Last edited:

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
yeah, and then to start things off "kept you waiting huh?" and epic stuff happens with snake kicking some ***
Then he eats a part of Mario and burns his ashes only to put them on his face...:troll:

Last edited:

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
Has SSB4 age rating anything to do with him being in the game... like Brawl? I hope so...
if snake or falcon is in the game there should be a icon saying "Only for real man" on the box:troll:

On the serious note though I think that has more to do with the overall "Overdoing" as I like to call it in our current time where adults are to scared kids so to much. And possibly because smash became more realistic.
However it's something thats on our side so I would like to believe it.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
This is the theme they should use when they reveal him or big boss
Yeah, but aint that a real song by an actual artist. I got 3 songs they could play
1. Theme of Solid Snake
2. Snake Eater
3. Calling to the Night

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
This is the theme they should use when they reveal him or big boss
Odd how my father was mesmerized by this trailer. He usually likes war movies despite he is not military, and hates "fantasy" stuff as he says. For examples,}; he only loved the WW2 scenes from The Wolverine and at the Smash Fest he was really angry that we were making line for just one "mugre" juego in just one "mugre" stand. And he also got really angry how players were screaming of joy when fun things happened in the Smash 4 screen.

Sort of Off Topic but had to bring it as he is usually against video games.

Doubt they will use that song, as I always feel the Snake in Smash is Solid.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Odd how my father was mesmerized by this trailer. He usually likes war movies despite he is not military, and hates "fantasy" stuff as he says. For examples,}; he only loved the WW2 scenes from The Wolverine and at the Smash Fest he was really angry that we were making line for just one "mugre" juego in just one "mugre" stand. And he also got really angry how players were screaming of joy when fun things happened in the Smash 4 screen.

Sort of Off Topic but had to bring it as he is usually against video games.

Doubt they will use that song, as I always feel the Snake in Smash is Solid.
So your Father got mad cause Smash fans were happy?

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Why si upest at the Smash community getting hyoed abou the new game?
No, he basically disliked that the guys who were playing Smash at Best Buy, got too excited by screaming in joy of the things happening at the screen (like Mega Man's final smash). He probably doesn't have a clear idea of what the Smash community is.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
No, he basically disliked that the guys who were playing Smash at Best Buy, got too excited by screaming in joy of the things happening at the screen (like Mega Man's final smash). He probably doesn't have a clear idea of what the Smash community is.
That actually sounds...kind of sad.

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
So... What about that Raiden ''leak'' ?
Pretty sure we all agreed that the actor mistook Playstation All Stars for Smash.

As for the ESRB if crude humor pops up again then snake has to be back. Since it was him and his codecs that led to that label for brawl. Wonder if that's why the esrb isn't put yet for smash. Since they know it will give away a character or more.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Pretty sure we all agreed that the actor mistook Playstation All Stars for Smash.

As for the ESRB if crude humor pops up again then snake has to be back. Since it was him and his codecs that led to that label for brawl. Wonder if that's why the esrb isn't put yet for smash. Since they know it will give away a character or more.
I thought the crude humor was more for Wario than anything else.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
It's sad to see so much hope lost for Snake, I'm still hanging in for him. Sakurai keeps mentioning the fact that there are four big faces all facing off, but he never said that they were the only ones. We can still wait for "Another legendary character returns to the fray, Solid Snake! Only in Smash Bros can four of the best face off against Nintendo's own greats." I hope.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I figured this place would be a mess after Pac-Man's reveal.

I think Snake still could get in as a mascot for Konami.
Think about it: Konami have had big ties to Nintendo in the past, plus they are a pretty important company as well, and Metal Gear is (currently) their most important game franchise.

If Pac-Man and Sonic belong, then I think Snake does too.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
*clears throat* here's my full opinion on this matter:
Even back when Mega Man was announced, I still figured that Sonic, Snake, and Pac Man would be in the game. Watching Sonic getting revealed had me thinking "Oh, if Sonic's getting in, so can Snake!" and then seeing Pac Man didn't make me too surprised. But what makes me so concerned is just the movesets other characters seem to have. I wasn't worried until E3 when I noticed that there are too many of these moves being borrowed that it seems that they've been "borrowed" somewhat. However, it's really hard to argue with or against Snake since the only thing we can really put our elbow on is the interview with Kojima. Anyways, I think the one thing that has me still believing, even if it is the smallest hope ever... is the fact that for the Beetle item, the character's animation begins to grasp their neck almost exactly like Snake's. Something tells they're looking back onto Snake if they're doing all of this. Anyways, I don't really have too much hope at this point. I'm kinda tired of waiting. But, I've been able to get a lot of people onto Snake's side. I think Ekans647 is the most supportive Snake fan here, and has lasted longer than the rest of us. Anyways, if Snake ends up revealed, I'm coming back here with some serious happiness....
c'mon Sakurai, just reveal him already so I don't have to worry so much...

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
Even back when Mega Man was announced, I still figured that Sonic, Snake, and Pac Man would be in the game. Watching Sonic getting revealed had me thinking "Oh, if Sonic's getting in, so can Snake!" and then seeing Pac Man didn't make me too surprised. But what makes me so concerned is just the movesets other characters seem to have. I wasn't worried until E3 when I noticed that there are too many of these moves being borrowed that it seems that they've been "borrowed" somewhat. However, it's really hard to argue with or against Snake since the only thing we can really put our elbow on is the interview with Kojima. Anyways, I think the one thing that has me still believing, even if it is the smallest hope ever... is the fact that for the Beetle item, the character's animation begins to grasp their neck almost exactly like Snake's. Something tells they're looking back onto Snake if they're doing all of this. Anyways, I don't really have too much hope at this point. I'm kinda tired of waiting. But, I've been able to get a lot of people onto Snake's side. I think Ekans647 is the most supportive Snake fan here, and has lasted longer than the rest of us. Anyways, if Snake ends up revealed, I'm coming back here with some serious happiness....
I have been following this thread pretty long, Just to see how others think about Snake. You and others showed me that snake is still possible. I do believe he will be back and I will not drop until he is 100% out. that 1% is worth it!
this song works great for me to build some extra confidence http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1xXYeNrW9k
Your name has captain in it and you have been here for long. Keep the hope for yourself and all of us!!

EDIT: don't even want to know what the colonel would say.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Here's an idea: How are we different from the Lucas thread?

Information wise: We're not. We are both under the exactly same circumstances. No information has been revealed, both positive and negative, on neither of these characters.

Status wise: We are different in the fact that Snake is a third-party, while Lucas is not. Whether this is positive or negative is unknown.

Spirit wise: The Lucas thread is a wreck. A complete wreck. They aren't even on topic anymore. Most of the posters there have lost hope and are saying that they'll be happy if even just Ness comes back. The aren't even supporting their own character anymore. E3 practically crushed them. Sure, there there might be a few who haven't given up (Good for those few guys), but other than them, they've been crushed.

After E3, which was arguably more important to us than them, we were depressed for a while, with some of our biggest supporters (i.e. @HylianHeroBigBoss, @CaptianCrisb) losing hope. But they bounced back (Good for you guys). If we look at this from a realistic point of view, we have the same amount of information as the Ness, Wario, and Captain Falcon supporters do. Our characters are both returning smashers, with Snake being a third party, arguably giving us more priority than most other characters. I beg you not to look at this situation as a Snake supporter, but as a logical human being who understands and can see through biases. The simple fact is, we have the same chance of being included OR cut as the other unconfirmed characters.

Thanks for the compliment, but I have to reveal something about myself. I've never actually played an MGS game in my life. My dad (due to being in the military) doesn't let me play games that are M rated or any FPS, with the select few games chosen by him.

Last edited:

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Thanks for the compliment, but I have to reveal something about myself. I've never actually played an MGS game in my life. My dad (due to being in the military) doesn't let me play games that are M rated or any FPS, with the select few games chosen by him.
I'm assuming you're still pretty young if your dad has that much control over what games you can play, but I would try Metal Gear as soon as you turn 17. I had never played one either before Brawl and now it's by far my favorite game series of all time. And if you're worried about upsetting your dad, it's not really comparable to something like CoD. Other than MGS4, they don't really take place in a simulated battlefield and they're definitely not FPS games. You're actually rewarded in every game for beating it without killing anyone. They also take a pretty nuanced and well-informed stance on war and its impact on soldiers. A lot of it is over the top and ham-fisted, but Kojima is clearly a man who respects the military. Also, it's a series involving giant mechs, tactical use of cardboard boxes, special forces soldiers who have superpowers, and a man whose name is "Revolver Ocelot". It's far from realistic, and it doesn't take itself too seriously. What most people who haven't played the series don't realize is just how silly it is. It's part of why Snake feels right at home in Smash Bros. It's a comic book version of war. MGSV may be a little different, but it's not out yet.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I'm assuming you're still pretty young if your dad has that much control over what games you can play, but I would try Metal Gear as soon as you turn 17. I had never played one either before Brawl and now it's by far my favorite game series of all time. And if you're worried about upsetting your dad, it's not really comparable to something like CoD. Other than MGS4, they don't really take place in a simulated battlefield and they're definitely not FPS games. You're actually rewarded in every game for beating it without killing anyone. They also take a pretty nuanced and well-informed stance on war and its impact on soldiers. A lot of it is over the top and ham-fisted, but Kojima is clearly a man who respects the military. Also, it's a series involving giant mechs, tactical use of cardboard boxes, special forces soldiers who have superpowers, and a man whose name is "Revolver Ocelot". It's far from realistic, and it doesn't take itself too seriously. What most people who haven't played the series don't realize is just how silly it is. It's part of why Snake feels right at home in Smash Bros. It's a comic book version of war. MGSV may be a little different, but it's not out yet.
I'm only 16. My dad just doesn't like video games, and trying to get into another series would upset him. I've actually watched let's plays and researched the entire series. My dad actually likes Snake, after I showed him that he could slide 50 feet while launching a mortar with DACUS.

Last edited:
Top Bottom