• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

AdaptiveTrigger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AdaptiveTrigger
3DS FC
4055-4954-5664
Snake is pretty much the last character I'm holding out for. I'm really hoping he returns since I mained him in Brawl.

In the event that Snake is not already planned to be in the game, it is very unlikely that Snake would be added at this point. Sakurai stated that the roster was planned out at the beginning stages of development. The 3DS will be releasing rather soon as well.

I'm not saying Snake isn't going to be in Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U (I hope he is) but I don't think the #bringbacksnakeSSB4 is going to have any sort of impact either way.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Snake is pretty much the last character I'm holding out for. I'm really hoping he returns since I mained him in Brawl.

In the event that Snake is not already planned to be in the game, it is very unlikely that Snake would be added at this point. Sakurai stated that the roster was planned out at the beginning stages of development. The 3DS will be releasing rather soon as well.

I'm not saying Snake isn't going to be in Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U (I hope he is) but I don't think the #bringbacksnakeSSB4 is going to have any sort of impact either way.
We want to get him revealed or deconfirmed as soon as possible it's not because we think he's out and want him to be added it's because we are tired of waiting at least that's how I feel about it.

AdaptiveTrigger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AdaptiveTrigger
3DS FC
4055-4954-5664
We want to get him revealed or deconfirmed as soon as possible it's not because we think he's out and want him to be added it's because we are tired of waiting at least that's how I feel about it.
That makes sense. Still, Sakurai isn't known for deconfirming characters (unless they are in the game in some other form, like Waluigi) and it is unlikely that he will announce Snake any earlier than whenever he intends.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
That makes sense. Still, Sakurai isn't known for deconfirming characters (unless they are in the game in some other form, like Waluigi) and it is unlikely that he will announce Snake any earlier than whenever he intends.
Agreed but this is still a way to show them that there are alot of people who want Snake back.
Even if Sakurai has already decided when he'll be announced.

AdaptiveTrigger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AdaptiveTrigger
3DS FC
4055-4954-5664
Agreed but this is still a way to show them that there are alot of people who want Snake back.
Even if Sakurai has already decided when he'll be announced.
I feel like this will only feed Sakurai's "trollish" nature lol...

NocturnalQuill

Smash Journeyman
What makes the Snake situation frustrating and unique is that he's either in completely as a playable character or absent entirely. There will be no middle ground. Nintendo isn't going to pay licensing fees just for him to be a cameo. This means that he won't be deconfirmed via assist trophy or regular trophy. We won't know until launch.

Honestly, E3 was very grim for Snake fans. ZSS has her gunship as a final smash, and it's almost identical to Snake's FS(literally just lasers instead of grenades). I don't think Sakurai would have done that if Snake would be using it. Sure, he could have changed Snake's, but it just doesn't seem probable in my opinion. It just made sense to announce him at E3, and we got nothing. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't count on Snake at this point.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
With the way and fashion Pac-Man's trailer was setup, Kojima's requests to add snake again; I'm beginning to think Snake really has no chance.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
What makes the Snake situation frustrating and unique is that he's either in completely as a playable character or absent entirely. There will be no middle ground. Nintendo isn't going to pay licensing fees just for him to be a cameo. This means that he won't be deconfirmed via assist trophy or regular trophy. We won't know until launch.

Honestly, E3 was very grim for Snake fans. ZSS has her gunship as a final smash, and it's almost identical to Snake's FS(literally just lasers instead of grenades). I don't think Sakurai would have done that if Snake would be using it. Sure, he could have changed Snake's, but it just doesn't seem probable in my opinion. It just made sense to announce him at E3, and we got nothing. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't count on Snake at this point.
With the way and fashion Pac-Man's trailer was setup, Kojima's requests to add snake again; I'm beginning to think Snake really has no chance.
These are like the things people said about Ike before his reveal it's all cosmetic reasons.
Would Sakurai want to get rid of all the Metal Gear fans Smash got because of Snake? No.
Would Sakurai want to get rid of a perfectly good, very unique moveset? No.
Same with Ike he didn't care that he was "out-dated" or whatever.
He was added as a veteran for the reason of the fans and the unique move-set he displayed in Brawl.
All I'm trying to say is don't write off Snake just yet.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
These are like the things people said about Ike before his reveal it's all cosmetic reasons.
I don't think it's like Ike at all. Many speculators made up this rule about Marth staying and a second Fire Emblem character being swapped out for the the latest hero. Ike's doubt was purely based off of speculative patterns. Snake's doubt on the other hand, has been generated not by speculative patterns, but actual statements pertaining to the game. Not speculation, but some sort of evidence that might lead to a possibility.
Would Sakurai want to get rid of all the Metal Gear fans Smash got because of Snake? No.
It's scary you say that because people said the same thing about Mewtwo as Brawl was coming out.
He was added as a veteran for the reason of the fans and the unique move-set he displayed in Brawl.
Again Ike's doubt was due speculative patterns, while Snake's is based off of statements pertaining to the game. I wasn't writing off Snake, I'm just saying his chances are looking REALLY bleak. I would like him to return myself :bee:

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I don't think it's like Ike at all. Many speculators made up this rule about Marth staying and a second Fire Emblem character being swapped out for the the latest hero. Ike's doubt was purely based off of speculative patterns. Snake's doubt on the other hand, has been generated not by speculative patterns, but actual statements pertaining to the game. Not speculation, but some sort of evidence that might lead to a possibility.

It's scary you say that because people said the same thing about Mewtwo as Brawl was coming out.
Again Ike's doubt was due speculative patterns, while Snake's is based off of statements pertaining to the game. I wasn't writing off Snake, I'm just saying his chances are looking REALLY bleak. I would like him to return myself :bee:
If you're talking about the Kojima quote then you should take that with a grain of salt he's a God-Dang Troll.
But you're arguments do make sense but they don't really counter mine.
And his doubt is somewhat fueled by speculative matter as well people stating that the 3rd party characters deconfirm Snake which is not prove True or False.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
If you're talking about the Kojima quote then you should take that with a grain of salt he's a God-Dang Troll.
I think we are all wary of Kojima's trolling ways, but a statement is a statement no matter how small of a grain we take it. At this point it is all we have to go off at the moment. Of course, I'll change my stance on the matter as more things are released. (Or when Snake is suddenly revealed :laugh:)
But you're arguments do make sense but they don't really counter mine.
And his doubt is somewhat fueled by speculative matter as well people stating that the 3rd party characters deconfirm Snake which is not prove True or False.
I never intended to counter your point (Outside of "Don't write of Snake" I'm not sure if there was anything to even counter) as so much as I'm reiterating that as of right now, with the information we have at our disposal, Snake's chances are bleak.

True, speculation does play a role in people doubting his chances, but it's also coupled with Kojima's statements. While I agree that I also don't see how the inclusion of a 3rd party character can deconfirm Snake, the way how the Pac-man's trailer was structured it may have left many with the impression that Pac-man was rounding off the gaming giants cast.
Especially with the PotD : https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUYn2UU4FSQ

Once again, I'm not trying to say Snake is deconfirmed. I'm just saying he has a LOT of things going against him at the moment.

Last edited:

NocturnalQuill

Smash Journeyman
Ike was quite a bit different than Snake. He's definitely one of the more prominent Fire Emblem characters, and the Tellius series is the most known internationally. Given the popularity of Fire Emblem in recent years, three reps from the series wasn't unreasonable in the slightest. The only reason I could have ever imagined him being cut is time constraints. Prior to his reveal, his moves weren't being borrowed for other characters. Additionally, odds are he would've been deconfirmed via trophies or assist trophies if he wasn't going to be in. Snake, on the other hand, was added primarily because Kojima begged Sakurai. Yes, fans enjoyed him, but there's also the fact that development time was limited and licensing may have been a factor too. I said it way earlier in the thread, if it's Snake vs. a well liked vet (i.e. Ike), Snake is gone.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I have nothing to add but this song because we have to believe the best is yet to come...

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I was analyzing the 3DS trailer and I found nothing related to Metal Gear.... then again there isn't something related to Pac-Man either...

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
There isn't any indication if Xenoblade in the game yet either, but people still think Shulk is in the game.

There is also no way to know if Chrom will be in the game either.

I see the leak as early info.
Will probably be mostly right albeit with some flaws. Evidence of earliness:

Didn't know specific pokemon
Didn't know if Ness or Lucas would be EB rep
Missed Rosalina

Sakurai stated that before they start to even make the game they already have the character list (Greninja). To me, I think the leaker got a glimpse at the possibles and then that could change in development.

This means some character newcomers could be off.
Also leaker never said anything more about cuts aside from Ness vs Lucas.
This could leave room for Snake :)

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
There isn't any indication if Xenoblade in the game yet either, but people still think Shulk is in the game.

There is also no way to know if Chrom will be in the game either.

I see the leak as early info.
Will probably be mostly right albeit with some flaws. Evidence of earliness:

Didn't know specific pokemon
Didn't know if Ness or Lucas would be EB rep
Missed Rosalina

Sakurai stated that before they start to even make the game they already have the character list (Greninja). To me, I think the leaker got a glimpse at the possibles and then that could change in development.

This means some character newcomers could be off.
Also leaker never said anything more about cuts aside from Ness vs Lucas.
This could leave room for Snake :)
Good point...

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
True, speculation does play a role in people doubting his chances, but it's also coupled with Kojima's statements. While I agree that I also don't see how the inclusion of a 3rd party character can deconfirm Snake, the way how the Pac-man's trailer was structured it may have left many with the impression that Pac-man was rounding off the gaming giants cast.
Especially with the PotD : https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUYn2UU4FSQ

Once again, I'm not trying to say Snake is deconfirmed. I'm just saying he has a LOT of things going against him at the moment.
Metal Gear came out in 1987 I think but It didn't take off until the PS1 era. Snake is an Icon but he isn't a Giant Iconic character like Mario, Sonic, Megaman or Pacman. It would have been really weird seeing him in Pac-Man's trailer or PotD. Snake would fit in more with Mario, Link, Samus, ZSS and Pit in a trailer or PotD.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Metal Gear came out in 1987 I think but It didn't take off until the PS1 era. Snake is an Icon but he isn't a Giant Iconic character like Mario, Sonic, Megaman or Pacman. It would have been really weird seeing him in Pac-Man's trailer or PotD. Snake would fit in more with Mario, Link, Samus, ZSS and Pit in a trailer or PotD.
For Konami, Snake is as big as it gets...Well maybe Simon Belmont might give Snake a run for his money on the Nintendo platform.

But the purpose was to show Pac-man duking it out with other company mascots. I don't think seeing Snake next to Pac-man is any weirder than seeing Ike next to Kirby. So there is no reason why he couldn't be in the trailer as well, idk man i guess we are just going to have to wait and see how this plays out.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
For Konami, Snake is as big as it gets...Well maybe Simon Belmont might give Snake a run for his money on the Nintendo platform.

But the purpose was to show Pac-man duking it out with other company mascots. I don't think seeing Snake next to Pac-man is any weirder than seeing Ike next to Kirby. So there is no reason why he couldn't be in the trailer as well, idk man i guess we are just going to have to wait and see how this plays out.
Maybe the reason is because there still programing him.

Last edited:

GrapeEscape

Smash Apprentice
I doubt that Sakurai would erase an entire universe and the character, stages, trophies, stickers, and music that came with it from one installment of Super Smash Bros. to the next one. One could argue that Snake doesn't get this special attention because he's a third-party character, but Snake's inclusion in Brawl was completely meant to give him special attention. Were it not for Kojima begging Sakurai to put him in the game he would have probably never been there in the first place. If Kojima wanted Snake in SSB4 I'm sure he would have asked him by now and Sakurai would have gladly obliged. It seems that this isn't the case and that Kojima is just letting Sakurai decide whether or not he'll keep him in the game. Personally, I think he'll keep him in just to further represent the Metal Gear universe as well as appease Kojima. Being a third party character, I'm almost 100% certain he'll be revealed prior to release, but we'll just have to wait and see if that happens before the 3DS version launches in Japan in September.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Maybe the reason is because there still programing him.
That could very well be the case. The thing is ALL the characters are still being program. All they really need to do is show his show small snippets of him in motion. I mean we got to see Lucario revealed, yet he wasn't available to play as which leads me to believe he and some other characters are still being refined despite them already being revealed.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I keep having these dreams about Snake being in Smash 4. One even showed his pose on the website and the Amiibo figure. Though he had his Twin Snakes suit.

GrapeEscape

Smash Apprentice
I keep having these dreams about Snake being in Smash 4. One even showed his pose on the website and the Amiibo figure. Though he had his Twin Snakes suit.
Funny you mention that, sometime back in January I believe, I had two separate dreams. In one Little Mac was revealed as a newcomer, and in the other it was Solid Snake (though he did look a lot like he did in Brawl). One dream came true, and I'm crossing my fingers that the other one does.

AdaptiveTrigger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AdaptiveTrigger
3DS FC
4055-4954-5664
I suppose if Snake was announced, it would show a trailer of the three current 3rd party characters duking it out (Mega Man, Sonic, and Pac-Man) then Snake comes in from under a box. Or maybe he just blows up Mario, gaining the attention of the other 3rd party characters.

You could have a FFA match where everybody was playing different characters, and yet none of the characters would be Nintendo characters. That would probably generate some hype.

Thinking back to that Reuben Langdon thing...I can understand confusing Smash Bros with that Playstation Battle Royale game, but how do you mistake voice acting for motion capture work? Hmm...

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I suppose if Snake was announced, it would show a trailer of the three current 3rd party characters duking it out (Mega Man, Sonic, and Pac-Man) then Snake comes in from under a box. Or maybe he just blows up Mario, gaining the attention of the other 3rd party characters.

You could have a FFA match where everybody was playing different characters, and yet none of the characters would be Nintendo characters. That would probably generate some hype.

Thinking back to that Reuben Langdon thing...I can understand confusing Smash Bros with that Playstation Battle Royale game, but how do you mistake voice acting for motion capture work? Hmm...
And wasn't Quinton Flynn voicing Raiden in Playstation Battle Royale?

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I\ve had multiple dreams of this in great detail. One of the pictures even showed Solid Snake standing next Big Boss, which was an alternate costume.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
He didn't mistake his work as voice acting, in the context of the interview it seems natural enough he was talking about motion capture work in that particular segment. And it lines up, as Raiden has some seemingly limited motion capture stuff done in PSABR.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I was actually thinking about that yesterday, and it seems like Gekkos, Dwarf Gekkos (though I forgot their name at the time), or some of the animal-like enemies from Rising would work best.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I was actually thinking about that yesterday, and it seems like Gekkos, Dwarf Gekkos (though I forgot their name at the time), or some of the animal-like enemies from Rising would work best.
A full size Gecko could be a sort of Boss character in Smash Run.
I'd enjoy that.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
I think it would be cool if it was the next generation special forces from mgs1, but they were armed with ray guns and super scopes instead of real guns.

Last edited:

Zelo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kiseop
3DS FC
3394-3786-6748

From Snake's codec with Falco. This is why we see Snake's moves being re-distributed. He will be back with all new weapons designed by Slippy himself. :grin:

If Snake is left out of the game would it be okay if his moveset was given to another character? That way we could keep his unique moveset in the game instead of losing something original.

An Advanced War character could use the moveset easily. They would be different visually, but everything would function the same (grenade, homing missile, C4). I think a helicopter sprite from the games (to reference the Advanced War AT from Brawl) could swooping down to save the character in place of the Cypher would be a nice touch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom