• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Watched episode 2 of Inside Job, started episode 3 and stopped. Just like a lot of adult shows I don't think I've got thick enough skin for this.

I know darker shock humor is to be expected from shows like this, but it still rubbed me the wrong way to have an episode parading someone who assassinated a real life person as a hero. I mean yeah, I get that that's the joke. But oof.

Then I started episode 3 and they had that aspergers joke and that was the last straw for me. I'm not offended persay, but that joke just hit too close to home. I think part of joke was supposed to be that Reagan's mom didn't actually understand autism/aspergers, but jeeze it still hurts me knowing that some people irl think that way.

It's a shame because there's still a lot of things I like about that show. Any if y'all can still feel free to check it out or enjoy it if you want, it's just that it's not for me.

I need a palate cleanser after this. Guess I'll go watch some of my baby cartoons instead, 'cause I'm a big baby. Time to watch an episode of Molly Mcgee or two.
The second part you mention isn’t a joke. It’s actually apart of her character and the show dives more into it later on.

Specifically:
a lot of the seasons arc is her coming to terms with how her parents ****ed her life over in not only sabotaging it but ignore issues she had like aspergers. It also explains why she has her other social issues in life and how she can try and overcome them.

Yeah there’s a few twisted humor moments, but it has a tv ma rating for a reason. Reagan’s issues aren’t really a joke, they go into building her character for the season.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
how old is Sora in Smash tho? Cause he’s got an older body, but a younger voice
Given he's KH1 Sora about 13-14 as Lamperouge Lamperouge mentioned.

However, his voice isn't the KH1 voice, but rather the 3D voice (3D Sora is aged down from his post-KH2 self as a result of the Mark of Mastery exam challenging him and Riku from the ground up). So it's actually younger body but older voice.

It's easy enough to explain clothing change with magic though, given how that's how all of his major costume changes have occurred.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yup. No other scene came close to Granny's Matrix scene but it was fine.
So my setup is basically this. When Al-G sucked all those people from all over the world into the serververse to watch the game, he just so happened to have grabbed the persona users from 3, 4, and 5. They were unable to interfere in the contest in any way, though they did try, as they discovered they could use their personas in the serververse. Al-G now has knowledge of Personas and the Sea of Souls and has opened a rift into it in the serververse. Demons infecting characters and enemy types to serve him as his army.

Your main characters are a group of 4. A family. A son, his younger brother, and their two moms. The younger brother is a huge WB nerd and gets picked on by his jockish older brother. On their tour of the WB Studio they end up in the server room and the family is sucked in. The parents are scattered and Al-G corrupts the younger brother into being his general, using his love for WB characters and his feelings towards his brother. The older brother (or sister if you choose that option) is sent to Tune World.

He wants to save his family. He cares about them, he just doesn’t know how to show it. And he ends up teaming up with Bugs, Daffy, and Porky to journey across the Serververse and save it and his family after awakening the ability to summon personas, though because of Al-G’s influence he can only summon personas of WB characters who have fallen to the demons.

Gameplay is like Strikers. You start with just the protagonist, Bugs, and Daffy. Porky is your navigator from Marvin’s ship. You eventually recruit more characters in the form of your family and other WB characters who temporarily join you in each world. Your younger brother and two moms each awaken to a WB persona, but WB characters use their own abilities exclusively.

Tune World is your Traverse Town esque homeworld where all the shops are. The social system is more liege Strikers due to the overall style. Your combat worlds are CN City (Cartoon Network/Hannah Barbera), Third Earth (Thundercats), Metropolis/Gotham City (DC Comics), Middle-Earth (Lord of the Rings), Hogwarts (Harry Potter), The Wasteland (Mad Max), The Neitherworld (Beetlejuice), The Matrix, Wonka Chocolate Factory, Casablanca, Secret Volcano Lair (Austin Powers), A Clockwork Dystopia (A Clockwork Orange), The Goon Docks (The Goonies), The Land of Oz (The Wizard of Oz), Westeros (Game of Thrones), Skull Island (Legendary MonsterVerse), London Invasion (Doctor Who), and Al-G’s Citadel. You also have the coliseum world based on Mortal Kombat in the form of Shang Tsung’s Island and the two minigame worlds, Midway Arcade and 123 Sesame Street.

Yes, WB does not own Godzilla, Doctor Who, or Sesame Street but they currently have exclusivity deals with their original rights holders so I figured I’d try my luck.

Certain characters only appear as Personas like The Mask, The Iron Giant, Captain Planet, Gizmo, Tony Soprano, Sheldon Cooper, and Sonic the Hedgehog (because Sega). And some characters are hidden optional super bosses like Freddy Krueger, Pennywise, and Rick Sanchez.

And digital copies of the SEES, Investigation Team, and Phantom Thieves are trapped in here, scattered among the worlds.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
So I bought Melty Blood Type Lumina. Worth it for £20 easily.

And decided to hold off on Nintendo 64 online for now. See if Nintendo iron out the teething......................hahaha probably not.

Not to mention payment for year only.
Hell yeah! Enjoy the game, it's very fun. :bowsette:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Master Hand just gave him some future drip
Master Hand providing

However, his voice isn't the KH1 voice, but rather the 3D voice (3D Sora is aged down from his post-KH2 self as a result of the Mark of Mastery exam challenging him and Riku from the ground up). So it's actually younger body but older voice.

It's easy enough to explain clothing change with magic though, given how that's how all of his major costume changes have occurred.
I remember the dreaming and magic parts, but he just sounds younger than he usually does from KH2 onwards (probably just my ears too used to the deeper voice he had in 3 compared to Smash)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Review scores are stupid and only exist for dumbasses to take out of context and for getting cheap clicks
If I payed attention to metacritic scores for games. id be missing out on a lot of games

In DDD, Sora was 15

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ah hecc therapist telehealth is likely postponed to next week

the therapist was busy with a lot of stuff anyway, and I needed to think about what to talk about. But I hope she’s alright

osby

Smash Obsessed
So my setup is basically this. When Al-G sucked all those people from all over the world into the serververse to watch the game, he just so happened to have grabbed the persona users from 3, 4, and 5. They were unable to interfere in the contest in any way, though they did try, as they discovered they could use their personas in the serververse. Al-G now has knowledge of Personas and the Sea of Souls and has opened a rift into it in the serververse. Demons infecting characters and enemy types to serve him as his army.

Your main characters are a group of 4. A family. A son, his younger brother, and their two moms. The younger brother is a huge WB nerd and gets picked on by his jockish older brother. On their tour of the WB Studio they end up in the server room and the family is sucked in. The parents are scattered and Al-G corrupts the younger brother into being his general, using his love for WB characters and his feelings towards his brother. The older brother (or sister if you choose that option) is sent to Tune World.

He wants to save his family. He cares about them, he just doesn’t know how to show it. And he ends up teaming up with Bugs, Daffy, and Porky to journey across the Serververse and save it and his family after awakening the ability to summon personas, though because of Al-G’s influence he can only summon personas of WB characters who have fallen to the demons.

Gameplay is like Strikers. You start with just the protagonist, Bugs, and Daffy. Porky is your navigator from Marvin’s ship. You eventually recruit more characters in the form of your family and other WB characters who temporarily join you in each world. Your younger brother and two moms each awaken to a WB persona, but WB characters use their own abilities exclusively.

Tune World is your Traverse Town esque homeworld where all the shops are. The social system is more liege Strikers due to the overall style. Your combat worlds are CN City (Cartoon Network/Hannah Barbera), Third Earth (Thundercats), Metropolis/Gotham City (DC Comics), Middle-Earth (Lord of the Rings), Hogwarts (Harry Potter), The Wasteland (Mad Max), The Neitherworld (Beetlejuice), The Matrix, Wonka Chocolate Factory, Casablanca, Secret Volcano Lair (Austin Powers), A Clockwork Dystopia (A Clockwork Orange), The Goon Docks (The Goonies), The Land of Oz (The Wizard of Oz), Westeros (Game of Thrones), Skull Island (Legendary MonsterVerse), London Invasion (Doctor Who), and Al-G’s Citadel. You also have the coliseum world based on Mortal Kombat in the form of Shang Tsung’s Island and the two minigame worlds, Midway Arcade and 123 Sesame Street.

Yes, WB does not own Godzilla, Doctor Who, or Sesame Street but they currently have exclusivity deals with their original rights holders so I figured I’d try my luck.

Certain characters only appear as Personas like The Mask, The Iron Giant, Captain Planet, Gizmo, Tony Soprano, Sheldon Cooper, and Sonic the Hedgehog (because Sega). And some characters are hidden optional super bosses like Freddy Krueger, Pennywise, and Rick Sanchez.

And digital copies of the SEES, Investigation Team, and Phantom Thieves are trapped in here, scattered among the worlds.
This is so crazy that it might actually work.

What do you think about the battle system? Would characters just use the typical MegaTen skills or would something cartoonier fit the tone better? (though I guess some of the battle animations in P5 wouldn't stand out too much)

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I might actually get regular NSO again soon so that I'll be able to play online

Not the expansion pack tho lmao

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
This is so crazy that it might actually work.

What do you think about the battle system? Would characters just use the typical MegaTen skills or would something cartoonier fit the tone better? (though I guess some of the battle animations in P5 wouldn't stand out too much)
It’s like Strikers. I imagine characters who are cartoonier looking cartoonier and characters who are closer to reality battling more similarly to classic MagenTen.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yeah the N64 selection is underwhelming, there’s apparently some lag issues

and I can’t even access Genesis yet or the NH dlc

heck I’ve noticed the input lag in Sin & Punishment, the only game I see as worthwhile there rn

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
While I love animated movies, I have to admit: I'd like them a lot more if the Western animated movie industry wasn't dominated by a couple of companies that force 90% of them to be family-friendly.
I thInk CastleVania is like, the one adult animation series that isn't a comedy too

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I remember the dreaming and magic parts, but he just sounds younger than he usually does from KH2 onwards (probably just my ears too used to the deeper voice he had in 3 compared to Smash)
Because it's Haley Joel Osment deliberately voice acting as younger Sora like, over a decade after taking the original role as Sora in KH1. Dude actually went through puberty and all that in that time so he literally couldn't give the same performance. Hence him trying to sound younger.

It was an intentional decision for 3D, which is where Sora's Smash voice comes from/is inspired by (I don't know if they had Osment in the booth or if they just took lines from 3D, but I'm more willing to say the latter in this case because I remember the lines from 3D lol).

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Because it's Haley Joel Osment deliberately voice acting as younger Sora like, over a decade after taking the original role as Sora in KH1. Dude actually went through puberty and all that in that time so he literally couldn't give the same performance. Hence him trying to sound younger.

It was an intentional decision for 3D, which is where Sora's Smash voice comes from/is inspired by (I don't know if they has Osment in the booth or if they just took lines from 3D, but I'm more willing to say the latter in this case).
It's reused likes from 3D and Recoded iirc.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So GameXplain have put out a comparison video on N64 and........it looks brighter and a bit more cleaned up? Then again's GX are drawn to Nintendo's money like a fly to a **** tip.

And I'm hearing very mixed signals from a number of places about the lag and all (some saying it's not on handheld, depends on TV) and the only true things being like Ghost Data in MK64.

Then you have people on it defending Nintendo about it.

Like "How Dare You Insult The Nintendo You Peasant!" with a posh ***** slap.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yeah the N64 selection is underwhelming, there’s apparently some lag issues

and I can’t even access Genesis yet or the NH dlc

heck I’ve noticed the input lag in Sin & Punishment, the only game I see as worthwhile there rn
The NH DLC won’t go live till the 5th most likely since it drops then
Who's this gym leader again?
View attachment 335810
That’s Ice Waifu obviously.
That's Candice.
1635276702912.jpeg

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

It was an intentional decision for 3D, which is where Sora's Smash voice comes from/is inspired by (I don't know if they had Osment in the booth or if they just took lines from 3D, but I'm more willing to say the latter in this case because I remember the lines from 3D lol).
I respect trying to recapture the lost youth…just like the rest of us /s

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So I'm thinking of doing a lengthy post on some franchises I'm personally divided on and have such a major love/hate relationship with if anyone is interested?

Ironically Kingdom Hearts, Hyperdimension Neptunia and a few others like Gran Turismo will be on it.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The second part you mention isn’t a joke. It’s actually apart of her character and the show dives more into it later on.

Specifically:
a lot of the seasons arc is her coming to terms with how her parents ****ed her life over in not only sabotaging it but ignore issues she had like aspergers. It also explains why she has her other social issues in life and how she can try and overcome them.

Yeah there’s a few twisted humor moments, but it has a tv ma rating for a reason. Reagan’s issues aren’t really a joke, they go into building her character for the season.
I wasn't calling it bad writing or a bad show. I wasn't even saying it was wrong for writing that line. I was just saying it's not really a show for me.

Being socially awkward is not the same thing as having "Aspergers" (which is an outdated term in the world of psychology now anyway but people still use it so whatever). But I don't think the point of that line with "Aspergers" wasn't mean to say that Reagan had autism (she's not ever officially stated to have it, I looked it up for confirmation), but it's clearly to show how her mother is toxic and attacks her self esteem. There's not official diagnosis, and her mother even spreads misinformation (it is NOT a condition that "gets worse" with time). And the dialogue was presented as a joke, so I did feel a little pain over that.

There is a stereotype that being autistic means just being a socially awkward or anti-social genius. A lot of people with ASD have internalized and romanticized it because the genius part makes us feel better about our disorder, and a lot of people buy into the more anti-social stereotypes because autistic people can accidently come off as rude due to our struggles in social contexts. I was like that before, but now that I'm older I realize I'm no genius and I'm tired of that romanticization as it's actually harmed me. This stereotype goes both ways - people act like all nerds are autistic just for being nerds, and I think that might have actually been what the show was representing. It's a stereotype that goes both ways and hurts autistic people and more neurotypical nerds alike.

In the context of Inside Job, Reagan's mom is presented as wrong for spreading this misinformation about autism and using it to attack Reagan's self esteem. To a degree I actually respect the show's decision to go there. But I just can't personally stomach it after my own experiences with autism. And a lot of people don't have the understanding about autism or mental disorders in general to know exactly why Reagan's mom is wrong about autism in the first place.

For the record, I actually really like Reagan as a character, regardless of if she's meant to have autism (I get the impression it's left ambiguous? Not really sure if the writers are qualified to write a truly autistic character anyway). She's a complex, morally gray character who has a clearly has a strong character arch set out for her and can be surprisingly sympathetic for someone so morally questionable.

P.S. I used the phrase "anti-social" a few times here. That's a term that gets misused a lot as well. Anti-social behavior refers to behaviors that actively harm others, such as aggression. It doesn't mean avoiding social interactions like people think it does.

Reactions: Z25

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
So

Yeah

Honestly? Really glad I didn't take the plunge with NSO.

I ain't gonna go on a big rant about it, all that there is to say has pretty much been all there is to say, but I will just add...

Gosh I hope I'm wrong about people buying it anyway. To anyone considering it, I must ask you please, please have restraint: We could and should be getting a much better service than this if they wanna charge that much for it. Please do not give them $50 for quick and dirty ROM ports that have less functionality and features than even Project64 of all things.

If it's your only way...Then do what ya gotta do, but I really do insist we all actually vote with our wallets this time. I certainly ain't pickin' it up until either more unique games are added, or better yet, they improve the service and what it offers, because right now it is, frankly, a joke.

Sincerely,

A guy who's really passionate about N64 emulation and is extremely bummed they somehow got worse than the Wii U's emulator.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Ok, look...Nintendo, I love and respect you for various reasons...but how in the world did they **** up the N64 games on NSO so bad?
This is whole situation is seriously disappointing.

Im sticking to my original N64. Fix the issues and get more games on it. Then maybe I change my mind (and thats a very big maybe).

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
TheMightyP TheMightyP Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! Pokelego999 Pokelego999 TheCJBrine TheCJBrine

I haven't been heavily invested in the Minecraft modding scene for like...Probably over 5+ years. I dabbled, but never really looked at where it had come since like, 1.7.

This, though?

I ain't even a Souls fan, but hoooooooly crud, this looks fantastic.

People are literally creating entire new games within Minecraft now and I am here for it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom