• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ok, look...Nintendo, I love and respect you for various reasons...but how in the world did they **** up the N64 games on NSO so bad?
This is whole situation is seriously disappointing.

Im sticking to my original N64. Fix the issues and get more games on it. Then maybe I change my mind (and thats a very big maybe).
Yeah I ain't gonna defend the Switch N64 stuff lol.

I love Nintendo in alot of way, but this is one of the few parts where I hope they suffer some kind of consequence for it. Because it's just ridiculous even by their standards.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
@TheMightyP Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! Pokelego999 Pokelego999 @TheCJBrine

I haven't been heavily invested in the Minecraft modding scene for like...Probably over 5+ years. I dabbled, but never really looked at where it had come since like, 1.7.

This, though?

I ain't even a Souls fan, but hoooooooly crud, this looks fantastic.

People are literally creating entire new games within Minecraft now and I am here for it.
This would be cool if my Mod Runner would actually run it

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Ok, look...Nintendo, I love and respect you for various reasons...but how in the world did they **** up the N64 games on NSO so bad?

Im sticking to my original N64. Fix the issues and get more games on it. Then maybe I change my mind (and thats a very big maybe).
It legit is making me super sad.

I adore the N64 library, but...Most of these games have better versions I already own, and can then emulate to make them even better. Why on earth would I pay $50 for NSO OoT and MM when the 3DS versions exist? Why on earth would I bother with Mario 64 when the PC port exists? Nintendo ain't giving you a good reason to want to jump in on this service if you already have a way to play these games.

This service's ONLY saving grace will be if they get some of the more niche and hard to find N64 games on it. If not...Then, well, I doubt I will buy it any time soon.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

I haven't been heavily invested in the Minecraft modding scene for like...Probably over 5+ years. I dabbled, but never really looked at where it had come since like, 1.7.

This, though?

People are literally creating entire new games within Minecraft now and I am here for it.
Dang, Minecraft mods have been poppin' off lately!

Noipoi

Howdy!
Y’all know my stance. I’m only picking it up when games I want to play are on it.

Considering the drip feed, that’ll be in about 6 months.

So uhhhh, considering how important launch day sales are, hopefully I’m helping send the message by not getting it for a while. It really is stupid.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

This, though?

the Dark Souls of Minecraft modpacks(TM)

i'm not sorry

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

what's wrong with them? Aside from the price?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Glitches
Bugs
Input delay
Terrible online for the multiplayer games

Like, it's bad.
And Nintendo had the guts to make it $50 dollars? Geez, I'm gonna have to see this in action. I'm morbidly curious now.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Some examples:

Games that use fog to obscure distance and help improve fps have it missing

Unable to save ghost data in Mario Kart 64 due to the NSO not having a Controller pack

The water in Dark Link's room in OoT is completely broken and doesn't have a reflective texture anymore

Frame drops across the board

Last edited:

MooMew64

Some examples:

Games that use fog to obscure distance and help improve fps have it missing

Unable to save ghost data in Mario Kart 64 due to the NSO not having a Controller pack

The water in Dark Link's room in OoT is completely broken and doesn't have a reflective texture anymore

Frame drops across the board
HOW

DID

THIS

HAPPEN

I KNOW THE CAPLOCK MAKES IT LOOK LIKE I'M MAD, I'M NOT

I'M JUST LEGIT FLOORED THIS IS A NINTENDO RELEASE

A RELEASE THEY'RE ASKING $50 FOR

This is the greatest comedic punchline of 2021

Holy smores

this is so bad

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Weren't a lot of virtual console games on Wii U / 3DS darker for some reason to?

It's so funny that Nintendo, who usually have polish as such a strong part of their brand, tend to put so little care into their ports of old games.

Especially when they still love to reference some of their old games so much.

MooMew64

I understand N64 games are kinda hard to emulate

But come on, guys.
I mean the *ed up thing is all these games worked fine on the Wii and WiiU, what the * happened
PROJECT 64 PLAYS THESE BETTER

AND IT'S NOT EVEN A GOOD EMULATOR

THEY COULDN'T EVEN MATCH WHAT IS PROBABLY THE WEAKEST OPTION FOR N64 EMULATION

Shroob

Sup?
PROJECT 64 PLAYS THESE BETTER

AND IT'S NOT EVEN A GOOD EMULATOR

THEY COULDN'T EVEN MATCH WHAT IS PROBABLY THE WEAKEST OPTION FOR N64 EMULATION
Reminder that the Mario Anniversary collection launched with developer textures in certain levels in Sunshine, something that had been taken care of by Dolphin for years, meaning Nintendo's own Gamecube emulator is behind what Dolphin can do.

MooMew64

Reminder that the Mario Anniversary collection launched with developer textures in certain levels in Sunshine, something that had been taken care of by Dolphin for years, meaning Nintendo's own Gamecube emulator is behind what Dolphin can do.
disgustang.jpeg

It is at this moment I am glad that I already own these titles and have a delightful Steam Deck arriving this December.

How did they mess this up.

It's their own hardware.

How did they get outdone by people who do it as a hobby.

How did they give a worse experience than the Raspberry Pi emulation console that Billy Bob the third grader made for school

MooMew64

The Social Thread 2.0 TM slamming Nintendo rn
I am very forgiving. Critical, yes, but forgiving.

But this?

This is easily the most laughable thing they've done in years.

This is an Amiibo Festival level of bad.

This is like they were trying to parody Sega releases and forgot to tell everyone it was a joke.

Y'know what? If this is how they'll treat GCN, they can keep it. I'll stick with my original discs and back 'em up when they fail.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom