• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash Affiliates - Making appearances here and there since 2006

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
100's still play Melee.

Doesn't mean it's the more popular game compared to Brawl.

Brawl is the future regardless of it's obvious inferiority compared to Melee or any decent fighting game for that matter.
Melee always has, and always will have a future of 150+ people are willing to go to major Melee tournaments. Any statement to the contrary is obviously false and that was the point I was making. I don't give a **** if Brawl isn't going to die, that doesn't mean that a major Melee tournament will ever be a failure anytime in the near future.

Keitaro time said:
And keep in SSB64 instead!? What are you and Eggm smoking cause I REALLY want some of it.
Keitaro, if you noticed, I said nothing about SSB64. I only said that it would be fine if there was no Brawl. There would be nothing wrong with no SSB64 either, but IIRC last Smashtality had it and SSB64 tournaments are rare, unlike Brawl tournaments, so I'm sure people like Sensei would love for there to be an SSB64 tournament and would be VERY disappointed if there wasn't one. On the other hand, I can't think of people being that upset over there being no Brawl when there are tons of Brawl tournaments, a number of them having a good size, and a major one being hosted by the Mages and Montage this summer in NJ already. Maybe a few people will cry about it, but if has any positive effect on the Melee turnout it is worth it.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Guilty Gear >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any Smash game.

Truth.

Also, Melee won't die, but it's no longer center stage.

Can't deny that.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
dude they wont hurt each other. if brawlers from all over wanna travel somewhere, then they can go to C4. However this won't hurt the melee attendance at all at tality4. if im not mistaken tality4 is a 3 day tourney, still givng 2 days to melee (and 64 as a side-ish tourney), and a full day to brawl. sure ppl from the west coast might not fly out just for brawl and would rather for C4, but all the melee-ers that fly out still have the option for brawl, and all of atl north can show up for it like md/va and CT as it's not that far to travel twice in one month.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
hold up hold up

cata 4 in NJ is brawl?

if so then wtf son, and thats really decieving since the EC regional rankings thread that linked me to it said that the circuit was for melee strictly. someone plz respond so i can continue to be happy about cata 4 or enable rage mode.

Eggm

Smash Hero
I just assumed its brawl since it had "montage" in the title. Its most likely brawl even tho I didn't confirm this.

Chibo, brawl with a large attendance cannot be done in one day. I think making it a beast melee tourney with a side ssb64 tournament would attract more melee players and make it a more sucessful tournament and since theres already a major brawl tournament within a few weeks in the same area roughly, then I don't see whats wrong with making it melee. Btw, in OUR area melee is center stage. SPOC V had more than montages biggest tournament so far. I think SPOC V had 50 and montages 49. Also theres more melee tournaments more frequently int his area than brawl (unless u count the friday weeklies at RU). People consider us the best melee area as of now. I'm pretty sure the hardcore players ( the melee players ) would like to come here and try their best to beat us in reigonal crews and all other kinds of good stuff we could do with a melee themed smashtality. If you are going to move it to another month instead of august then you can disreguard my idea. But I don't think its a bad idea. Thanks for the support spam. I'm pretty sure all of TSA PA besides velocity would support me in this as well. Same with Eazy/doyoung. They both like melee better as well. I'm pretty sure m2k would be stoked if there was another major melee tournament. Hes upset there isn't many anymore.

I think it would also benefit cata 4's turnout as well IMO. Whatever its woz/scar's decisions to make it was just a suggestion.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
A message for tec0, a most heinous villain who is the enemy of humanity and the bane of freedom.

RedAxelRanger: shakespeare's ghost visited me
RedAxelRanger: and told me to say to him
RedAxelRanger: "Thou thyself art a wicked villain, despite of all grace"
RedAxelRanger: I do defy him, and I spit at him, Call him a slanderous coward, and a villain.
RedAxelRanger: "Hence, horrible villain! Or I'll spurn thine eyes like balls before me: I'll unhair thy head, thou shalt be whipped with wire and stewed in brine, smarting in ling'ring pickle."
broodwarmasterr: Thats pretty thorough hate LOL.
RedAxelRanger: LOL

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I think SPOC V had 50 and montages 49
Spoc is awesome and needs more OOS. The last montage tourney was poorly advertised imo compared to the latest one. I'm sure their count of people tomorrow will prove so also.

I really do understand how you feel Eggm and I really do miss seeing big Melee tournies especially near NJ as I don't travel too far. If Smashtality is Brawl and Melee I know one of them will be treated like **** depending on which day each event is played "IE: Smashpocalypse having great Melee attendance and crap Brawl while some other tourney I can't remember had amazing Brawl attendance and crap Melee"

I would really love to have Smashtality 4 be the tourney for all smashers to reunite whether for Melee, Brawl, or even Sensei's tourney SSB64 and not have some people go "I'm not going cause Melee/Brawl isn't there".

I just wish a tourney can have both and everything go perfect for both games.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I just assumed its brawl since it had "montage" in the title. Its most likely brawl even tho I didn't confirm this.

Chibo, brawl with a large attendance cannot be done in one day. I think making it a beast melee tourney with a side ssb64 tournament would attract more melee players and make it a more sucessful tournament and since theres already a major brawl tournament within a few weeks in the same area roughly, then I don't see whats wrong with making it melee. Btw, in OUR area melee is center stage. SPOC V had more than montages biggest tournament so far. I think SPOC V had 50 and montages 49. Also theres more melee tournaments more frequently int his area than brawl (unless u count the friday weeklies at RU). People consider us the best melee area as of now. I'm pretty sure the hardcore players ( the melee players ) would like to come here and try their best to beat us in reigonal crews and all other kinds of good stuff we could do with a melee themed smashtality. If you are going to move it to another month instead of august then you can disreguard my idea. But I don't think its a bad idea. Thanks for the support spam. I'm pretty sure all of TSA PA besides velocity would support me in this as well. Same with Eazy/doyoung. They both like melee better as well. I'm pretty sure m2k would be stoked if there was another major melee tournament. Hes upset there isn't many anymore.

I think it would also benefit cata 4's turnout as well IMO. Whatever its woz/scar's decisions to make it was just a suggestion.

What he said.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Cat4 is all Brawl. We will most likely run a melee side tourn, but the placings won't affect rankings.

Talk to OMW, it's his idea. Albeit, I'm not disagreeing.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
eggm - lol at comparing spoc FIVE to montage TWO. of course SPOC would have a bigger attendance, it's ran by a established member of the community, and it's the 5th one of the series. SPOCs 1-4 were all awesome and progressively got better and better. Montage had one small tournament (if im not mistaken, before brawl was even out) to prove their current tourney. The fact that Montage 2 had only one less person that SPOC V is crazy, and Montage 3 tomorrow should prove to be great. This is also without mentioning SPOC having better venues, and location.

a giant melee tourney can def be ran in 2 days, as seen with pound 3, and i doubt tality 4 will be that big. if it is, good ****. You said it yourself, we need more brawl tourneys in the area. whats wrong with having a national size melee tourney and a regional size brawl tourny in the same weekend. with only two events (singles doubles) in brawl versus all the possibility of melee events (such as regional crews), and the fact that brawl will have a smaller attendance, it can definitely be ran in one day.

im cool with a 3 day meleextravagansa, but i sorta liked the original idea with a 3 day all smash extreme blow out

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
the bottom line is they dont like brawl so they dont want to see it there. i dont kno y they keep tryin to beat around it with stupid *** reasons. just man up and say I DONT LIKE BRAWL AND I WILL NOT LIKE IT TO BE AT SMASHTALITY instead of like 4 pages of bull****

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Thank you Sneak.

And my reply to those people is get over it.

No one is stopping you from jerking your **** over Melee and playing it in tourney.

But don't come in here and say that Smashtality 4 should be Melee and 64 only with no Brawl, when there is no real reason for it.

GTFO with that ****.

Beat

Smash Ace
Whoever runs a venue has the choice to include whichever games they'd like. People planning to attend can voice their opinions as long as they keep in mind the director has every right to outright ignore their every word. If a director wants only Brawl, it is their right. Likewise with Melee. The only true say that non-directing players have is whether or not they attend.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
the bottom line is they dont like brawl so they dont want to see it there. i dont kno y they keep tryin to beat around it with stupid *** reasons. just man up and say I DONT LIKE BRAWL AND I WILL NOT LIKE IT TO BE AT SMASHTALITY instead of like 4 pages of bull****
LMAO, I do hate Brawl but that's not why I'm saying it. If the Melee tournament will be BETTER and there will already be a Brawl major tournament in NJ during summer, I don't think you're going to hurt the Brawl community much by not having Brawl.

And Marcel, I'm also not saying it SHOULD be Melee and smash64 only. I'm just saying IF you did that, it would not be very damaging. That's all. It's obviously WoZ's decision in the end what he wants to do, I'm just saying that you will get high Melee attendance and if you're worried that you won't if you don't have Brawl that's not something to worry about.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Cat4 is all Brawl. We will most likely run a melee side tourn, but the placings won't affect rankings.

Talk to OMW, it's his idea. Albeit, I'm not disagreeing.

Cat 4 is not all Brawl. I am helping the mages put it together.

It will probably be Melee and Brawl utilizing the FULL 3 days with friday starting at 3pm.

Thats just a heads up on what we MAY be planning.

This may change later.

But Dm do not post that it will be all brawl unless you speak with everyone. Remember I am helping doing this as well and I do have a say in things.

As far as VLS that was something that happens with everyone. Mistakes happen and that day was a collection of mistakes. We should learn to forgive and give them one more chance.

This is just my opinion

Take care everyone.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
that certainly isn't "something that happens with everyone"
Similar things have happened even with organizations such as MLG. At VLS something was stolen from a group of people who put a lot of effort into doing something. Beyond that some were upset over seeding and the lack of organization at this tournament. To me this is nothing more than that. I know many were not happy but overall it was an interesting experience and it is something I think they know was not perfect and are trying to fix.

I do know that second chances are hard to come by but I think everyone should be given a benefit of a doubt. That is all I am really saying. As I said, many people do not know MLG, CGS, WCG, and even local lan tournaments have had mistakes happen where seeding was not proper, something was stolen, or at the worst a venue was not perfect.

Again just chiming in my 2 cents about the issues.

pockyD

Smash Legend
but all 3 of the things you mentioned occurred at vls

not to mention them losing the results

doesn't really actually affect me; if i were in nj, i'd go anyway lol

but you guys shouldn't downplay the shortcomings of VLS as "**** happens", you should really look long and hard at everything that was wrong with it and take them seriously

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
but all 3 of the things you mentioned occurred at vls

not to mention them losing the results

doesn't really actually affect me; if i were in nj, i'd go anyway lol

but you guys shouldn't downplay the shortcomings of VLS as "**** happens", you should really look long and hard at everything that was wrong with it and take them seriously

Well I agree wholeheartedly it is something that HAS to be fixed. I guess I look past it only cause I seen it happen so much that I shrug it off. However, it is something I will make sure does not happen ever again.

Eggm

Smash Hero
LMAO, I do hate Brawl but that's not why I'm saying it. If the Melee tournament will be BETTER and there will already be a Brawl major tournament in NJ during summer, I don't think you're going to hurt the Brawl community much by not having Brawl.

And Marcel, I'm also not saying it SHOULD be Melee and smash64 only. I'm just saying IF you did that, it would not be very damaging. That's all. It's obviously WoZ's decision in the end what he wants to do, I'm just saying that you will get high Melee attendance and if you're worried that you won't if you don't have Brawl that's not something to worry about.
This is all I meant as well, way to be *******s. But if both tournies are going to have both games, I dunno it might workout. I think both would have bigger turnouts if they were both opposite games tho since they are so close together. VLS wasn't that bad to me lol. I had a ton of fun. I felt the level of competition was really high and good too. I had no problem hearing my matches called or anything. And those giant subs were awesome.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
im sure theyr plenty of ppl out on the west coast who play melee and brawl. 2 days is enough for a giant melee tourney, look at pound 3 (as long as everyone actually does theyr matches and keeps ontop of stuff lol). if people see they can travel for either a giant melee tourney and a giant brawl tourney, they might be stuck which to choose. if they can travel for a giant melee tourney, and get a shot at some extra brawl money to pay for their plane tickets.... lol

pockyD

Smash Legend
just to clarify, as someone on the WC, i can tell you that at least norcal has no intention of traveling for melee (outside of me loooool), but is plenty interested in traveling for brawl

can't speak for socal/washington though, even though i'm sure mango would go lol

JFox

Smash Hero
Everyone shut up and watch this match because it's amazing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HJ8l-XQQ1Yg

Spam, that was really upsetting to watch. I don't understand how you can enjoy playing that way. Thats not was smash is about, running a match to the time limit and winning by percent. Thats really lame. I just can't agree with that ****.

I personally think that all matches should end in someone losing all four of their stocks. So if it goes to the time limit, it the players should quit the match and play a one stock match for the win, regardless of percentage. And Peach obviously can handle the extra percent that Fox cannot, shes heavy with far better recovery. I don't feel that percent should ever determine a match in tournament, especially not a match that high up in the brackets.

pockyD

Smash Legend
eggm, most of the pound3 travelers were from the midwest

and how would you possibly know that those haven't moved on to brawl as well? (a good number have) i think you're just speculating out of hopefulness =\

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Spam, that was really upsetting to watch. I don't understand how you can enjoy playing that way. Thats not was smash is about, running a match to the time limit and winning by percent. Thats really lame. I just can't agree with that ****.
JFox, that was really enjoyable to play. Vidjo was smiling after it and asked to play Poke Floats friendlies with me(we never got a chance to :() You say smash is not meant to be played to the end of the timer. What's the point of it then? If matches should never run to the end of the timer then there wouldn't be a timer in the first place. It's there because otherwise you could camp endlessly and I would have if it wasn't there. Every match does not have to be played on Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, Battlefield, and Pokemon Stadium to avoid the timer running out.

The best possible strategy was to take Vidjo to Poke Floats because as far as I know he only plays Peach and the best strategy on that stage for Fox is to camp. That would be why I picked Poke Floats and exploited it as best as possible with Fox. I'm sorry I don't play Peach/Jiggs and can't exploit Mute City/Brinstar the way they can. I'm sorry I don't play Sheik and exploit chaingrabbing half the cast on FD and Dreamland 64.

JFox said:
I don't feel that percent should ever determine a match in tournament, especially not a match that high up in the brackets.
What if I was at 0% and he was at 999%? Then would it matter? At what point does the percent matter? The answer is that the percent difference ALWAYS watter. If I am Jiggs at the same stock as my opponent except I'm at 999% and they're at 0, I could hypothetically rest combo them near the side of the stage and kill them or throw them off the stage and get somem gay gimp. Realistically speaking though, the odds of me winning are significantly less than my opponents' odds of winning and I think you know that.

You are free to feel and express how dishonorable or uninteresting my strategy on Floats was but you can't say the timer and percent should have no meaning in smash match and expect me to take that seriously.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Shut up JFox. That's not what the game is about?

GTFO!! Camping is legit.

Also Vidjo said he enjoyed that match with teh spamerer.

Eggm

Smash Hero
eggm, most of the pound3 travelers were from the midwest

and how would you possibly know that those haven't moved on to brawl as well? (a good number have) i think you're just speculating out of hopefulness =\
I was only talking about the reigon you posted in the previous post basically the point was that nor cal wasn't traveling pre brawl either so there was no point in posting what you did cept to gang up with ur tsa buddies andtry to make me look bad for whatever reason

Top Bottom