• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash Affiliates - Making appearances here and there since 2006

Beat

Smash Ace
Bleh... been a while, guys... ^__^; Pardon the absence from posting here. Just wanna let you know I'm changing my account name to Beat. Later.

Beat

Smash Ace
TWEWY is an awesome game lolol
It's TOO good. I'm playing through it again, Ultimate mode, blah blah... But yeah, I didn't like Beat as a character at first when I made the name choice. I've always played tournaments with headphones on, and prefer it in friendlies unless I wanna talk while I play, and I tried to have a more fluent, rhythmic Samus in Melee (style over substance). The name choice seemed good and refreshing.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Chocobo should have stuck with the name stinkoman.
Beat is a bird from megaman. Chocobo is a bird from final fantasy. I think he has an obsession with birds.
Chocobo likes brawl.
What the girl happened to batman in your sig?
Basically, what I am trying to say is...
Beat/Chocobo =

Beat

Smash Ace
Chocobo should have stuck with the name stinkoman.
Beat is a bird from megaman. Chocobo is a bird from final fantasy. I think he has an obsession with birds.
Chocobo likes brawl.
What the girl happened to batman in your sig?
I will address all of these points with vigor and zest.
1) You only think I should have stuck with Stinkoman because you obviously want me to have low self-esteem and want my name to perpetrate a lack of skill. How small of you, sir! You're a decent person with a lot going on for yourself. Honestly? I expected more from you.
2) Which Megaman? You keep saying it, but I've never played the NES Megaman games. He's chibi loser ****** Samus.
3) I don't have an obsession with birds, even if I was named Chocobo, and play Falco in Brawl, and listen to the Eagles, and **** birds... Wait...
4) I enjoy Brawl. I enjoy Melee as well and acknowledge its inferiority. However, Ike is in Brawl, and he screams. A lot. And his sword is a **** that explodes.
5) Bruce is still in my sig. Are you on the original SWF layout? Switch to the awesome blue one.

C'mon, Mr. Pakman, sometimes we need a little change. I need it more than others. I mainly went with Boco because of Kupo and Cactoid anyway. I'm my own smasher, sir.

Basically, what I am trying to say is...

Beat =

Beat

Smash Ace
I quoted the above post and had a response, but I realized how little I cared about what he said. Heh.

The joke at the end was that I was word-for-word, picture-for-picture mirroring his argument in my favor? Where I got the picture is irrelevant. Failure.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I quoted the above post and had a response, but I realized how little I cared about what he said. Heh.

The joke at the end was that I was word-for-word, picture-for-picture mirroring his argument in my favor? Where I got the picture is irrelevant. Failure.
Rule #1.
10chars

Wait wait.. you know Kupo ? Have we met before?

Beat

Smash Ace
Rule #1.
10chars

Wait wait.. you know Kupo ? Have we met before?
We're more than likely thinking of two different Kupos. The Kupo I'm thinking of is a Ganondorf main who didn't really frequent the tournament scene, and a schoolmate of mine from Drexel.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
We're more than likely thinking of two different Kupos. The Kupo I'm thinking of is a Ganondorf main who didn't really frequent the tournament scene, and a schoolmate of mine from Drexel.
YEAH YEAH. I used to play with him and cactus all the **** time on dorm lobby's big *** tv.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
were all from drexel. i remember hearing u used to be around here, but that was the year before me and gotm showed up.

everyone around drexel u might kno: me, gotm, choco... beat, scar, pakman, cactuar, kupo, ultimodragon, rabbt, roykid

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Well me, Kupo, pakman, ultimo all played on a regular basis with Joker, Ryoko, Marcstar, and sometimes Quill.

I quit after I went back to jersey.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
That's cute.

Velocity's the only one who can't make the Friday. Right now, I'm trying to figure out the best way to get money from everyone. I considered paying everything and then getting the money afterwards, but it's not really possible.

pockyD

Smash Legend
once upon a time, i was falling in love; now i'm only falling apart

edit: p.s. isn't drexel like the ugliest campus in the USA or something?

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
once upon a time, i was falling in love; now i'm only falling apart

edit: p.s. isn't drexel like the ugliest campus in the USA or something?
Yes it is. I think rutgers is on that list too.

Drexel has this big ugly building like right off campus. We call it the drexel shaft. If you go to Drexel, you get shafted.

But they are like building stuff around it. I think Drexel is trying to hide it. But asside from that its a decent campus. I thought some of the Pittsburgh colleges were kind of ugly, but I was like there for like 4 days total.

pockyD

Smash Legend
yeah that small part of campus actually looks pretty good minus the pole (and warner haha)

UC, Purnell, Front of Doherty

but then you turn the corner and see hunt (before you even turn the corner really), wean, and baker-porter and you just want to shoot yourself

so basically, stand out in front of doherty and look towards forbes, and cmu doesn't look that bad

stand anywhere else and yeah it does

edit: the worst thing (well not the WORST thing, but another bad thing) about the pole is that it's not even an original; it's a copy of an existing work of "art"

Eggm

Smash Hero
So I was thinking about it and. I think if we made smashtality IV all ssb64 and melee it would be for the best.

Theres already a brawl major tournament planned in summer in NJ for brawl. Cata 4. I think more melee players would be willing to come out to NJ for the major tourney if it was a 2 day full fledged meele event (then a day of whatever). And anyone who wants to travel to a major tourney in NJ for brawl can go to cata 4. It would probably benefit both tournaments this way. I realize coming from me it seems greedy, but just actually look at it as if I didn't say it and some one else said this and said it better. Cause it really is a good idea if you sit and think about it for a bit. I think attendances at both would be better this way. Whats everyone think?

Pittsburgh is the most disgusting city I've ever been in. Everything is disgusting there.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Eggm, wtf?

No.

Melee players will come down sure, but the majority of Smash players have moved on to Brawl.

If we want to stay with the times and not be left behind we have to move on to Brawl and support it. The Tunes are holding down the Melee front with their tournies.

Be satisfied.

LOL@ if "we" made Smashtality 4...like this ***** is in TSA.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Smashtality 4 is a Smash tourney last time I checked, not a Brawl tourney specifically.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Its still a major tournament that includes brawl. So brawl players will have to choose between which major to fly/drive a long distance too, since they will be wayy to close together to afford both.

They are both just gonna be semi large like that one big c3 with 100 people, or VLS. Neither one is gonna be a major this way. Whatever.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Post the link to the other tournaments thread.

Also dates can be changed you know. Sounds to me like you just want Smashtality 4 to be centered around Melee.

Which probably won't happen.

Eggm

Smash Hero
They could both be majors if we used my idea. I was just throwing it out there, since they were so close together. This is actually being held in philly and 98% of philly likes melee over brawl anyways, most of NJ does too. The only way I can see 2 majors being held on dates like less than a month apart is if they are separate games. I"m fine with the way smashtality was. I didn't complain about it to woz when he told me on aim what it included. If smashtality is moved then I guess its fine then too.

Edit :

Heres the link you asked for. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=169509

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Melee players will come down sure, but the majority of Smash players have moved on to Brawl.
I don't think so, Marcel.

Preregistration list for upcoming Georgia MELEE ONLY tournament said:
112-GA
Aesir-CT
Alternate275- GA
Anomaly- AL
Ares-GA
Awsmsean- CT
Axelslam- ?
Big D- IL
Bigman- GA
Big R-OH
Black Panther- IL
Boxman X- ME
Brookman-ME
Btree- MD
C- GA
Carter-GA
C@sh mooney-FL
Chad-TN
Chaddd- GA
Cheap- AL
Chinesahh- MD
ChuDat-VA
ColBol- FL
Cyphus+ 4 others- LA
D20- PA
Darc- ME
Dark Hart- NC
Da Shiz Wiz-FL
Datman- GA
Dazwa-ME
Derf-FL
DJ Combo- WA
DogySamich-GA
DoH-TX
Dp's Mario-GA
Dragon Hawk- Canada
Drephen- OH
dynomite-GA
Eggm- NJ
EggZ- WA
Europhoria- Canada
Everlasting Yayuhzz-SC
Exarch-FL
FingDIAHK- ?
Flaming Roy-GA
Flex- WA
Fullmetal-GA
Ga Peach- GA
GeorgeTHPS- AL
Gerbil-GA
Gimpyfish- WA
G Regulate-VA
GTR-GA
Gumby- GA
HAT-MD
Hax- NY
Help-FL
HiIH- GA
Hyper Dragon-TN
IHSB-TN
Iori-TN
Jack Kiser- TX
Jaman- NY
Jash- NY
Jmoan- TN
Joot- AL
Jx31-GA
Kage- Canada
KeepSpeedn-FL
Keta- TN
Kevin M- RI
Kirbstir- MD
Ko Kingpin- TN
KosukeGA- AZ
Lambchops- FL
Lamugi- FL
LOL master- NJ
Lo-lo- GA
Majist- AL
Mango- CA
Mars fool-GA
Memphischains- MA
Mikemonkey- CT
Milktea- CT
Moogle- AL
Mr.P- AL
Nes Noob- MS
Nica Boy-GA
Nice1- GA
Nite-TN
Nixn- GA
Noir- GA
Noobking- Canada
Off the Chain- MD
Omega- GA
Otru- FL
PB&J- GA
Plank-MD
Prac-GA
Pritch-FL
PWNY-FL
Ragnarock - AL
Rayku- GA
Raynex- Canada
Red Darkstar Kirby- MI
Renth-Fl
Renegade Marth- GA
Ryan-FL
RyanEX- Canada
Ryzol-SC
Saintrage- AL
Sanuzi- Canada
Scha-K-47-SC
Shai Hulud-MS
SheikSSBM-FL
Silent Wolf- WA
Sir-8-GA
Skler
SleepyK-GA
Smash Mac-FL
Smooth Criminal-GA
Soft-GA
Swiftbass- CT
Takieddine- PA
Tarc- GA
Teh Umby- GA
The Alpha Gundam-GA
TheManaLord-NY
The one janitor-AL
Tom-GA
Tope- VA
Trademark- CT
TRC-SC
Tropical taco-FL
Tsunami- GA
Unknown- Canada
Vlad-FL
Wife- MD
Xif- GA
Zeus da master-GA
ZK- CT
Zone-FL
Zoso- RI
If you count them all, you'll see there's 147 people and there are more yet to come(Scar and his whole car aren't on that list.) Melee isn't going ANYWHERE just yet and there is NO point whatsoever in trying to say otherwise. Cataclysm 4 is going to be Brawl and AzC is running a Brawl tournament in June that currently has 81 people registered for it. Another big Brawl tournament is unnecessary, especially since the game sucks big floppy donkey ****. I don't see anything wrong with Smashtality IV not having Brawl.

pockyD

Smash Legend
montage's "big brawl tournament" apparently IS cataclysm

i don't see why that matters though; TSA tournaments are the best-run tournaments aside from FCs, regardless of what TSA member is running it :) (funny how that works), and i'm not certain people want to travel huge distances for cataclysm after the travesty that was VLS

i still move for 3 games on 3 days! (obv not 1 game per day though)

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
100's still play Melee.

Doesn't mean it's the more popular game compared to Brawl.

Brawl is the future regardless of it's obvious inferiority compared to Melee or any decent fighting game for that matter.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I don't see anything wrong with Smashtality IV not having Brawl.
And keep in SSB64 instead!? What are you and Eggm smoking cause I REALLY want some of it.

What is this so called other big Brawl tourney in the same month as Smashtality IV located in NJ!? Montage tournies aren't even that big to be called a big Brawl tourney so I actually more than double look forward to Smashtality Brawl tourney over Montage's.

I've yet to go to one big Brawl tourney along with most other NJ people and people are already scared of the only possible one in our state?? Wow.

Top Bottom