• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

Hansius

Smash Rookie
It's nice to see you around, and I hope your hand heals in time. By Deoxys do you mean that Lucario mod?
I do. It's not finished yet, but here's a small preview of it.

In my opinion, it's coming out rather nice. But then again I'm the one who made it so I may have a biased opinion.

123123sora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6256-4188
That Chrom looks really amazing! Can't wait until it's released. I wonder, will it desync wifi? Are the bones on the model edited at all?

Juken

Smash Ace
I'm loving this thread. If Smash 3C gets a Mega Lucario and Mega Mewtwo Y, I'm game.
Mega Lucario and many recolors are in the OP, but Mega Mewtwo X/Y would be amazing too. Dunno how it'd be done though since those Mewtwo seems kind of hard to make a texture for (at least that's how I see it by looking at the details on his model, like when comparing the smash 3 black armor mewtwo to the original).

drogoth232

Smash Lord
That Chrom looks really amazing! Can't wait until it's released. I wonder, will it desync wifi? Are the bones on the model edited at all?
No, it doesn't have any bone edits.

So is Chrom ready to download? Ive wanted Chrom to be an Alt for Ike for a while now.
Chrom is already on the vault albeit there's a couple of problems with him (hair transparencies are wack, face visibility bones aren't being nice, rigging is off for arms, shoulder, and cape).

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
No, it doesn't have any bone edits.

Chrom is already on the vault albeit there's a couple of problems with him (hair transparencies are wack, face visibility bones aren't being nice, rigging is off for arms, shoulder, and cape).
K, Ill just wait for an update. The work looks great btw.

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman
I had to take care of my vault, due to it's been dead for like 3 months. Anyways. I planned to make Travis in Smash 3 form. Right now, I'm in detailing on the pants.. Any tips on the shading and pattern I should use for the pants in Photoshop?

Last edited:

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
This might sound off topic but can somebody help me with my PM custom build CSP? It keeps freezing.

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Just as a heads up, we need to update the JSR Sonic alt download in the downloads section. (Edel fixed it so it looks better now and hopefully Crixler by this time has adjusted the textures...)

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Just as a heads up, we need to update the JSR Sonic alt download in the downloads section. (Edel fixed it so it looks better now and hopefully Crixler by this time has adjusted the textures...)
I already updated the Brawl Vault entry, kazan just hasn't changed the banner yet, because he's been busy with life and stuff. Speaking of which, is there any way to allow for multiple users to edit the OP?

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I already updated the Brawl Vault entry, kazan just hasn't changed the banner yet, because he's been busy with life and stuff. Speaking of which, is there any way to allow for multiple users to edit the OP?
Sadly not to my knowledge, but hopefully in the future Smash-boards can implement a "friends list" which would be a step toward this. As for the banner, give me a few minutes...

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
No items, Fox only, Final Destination!
Wait... Only one of those is Fox.

http://imgur.com/a/J7R1p

I'm pretty happy with how this has turned out, though it's not quite ready for release yet. I'm going to have to attempt to make a render for him, first.

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
Very nice. One question though. Is that red costume supposed to be based off of something?

I'm not saying it looks bad, but I really liked the brown and red one too. I'll use yours for consistency anyway though. If it's not a reference to something, I'm guessing it was changed for better team color recognition?

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Very nice. One question though. Is that red costume supposed to be based off of something?

I'm not saying it looks bad, but I really liked the brown and red one too. I'll use yours for consistency anyway though. If it's not a reference to something, I'm guessing it was changed for better team color recognition?
I actually have no idea. I think I just thought the red fur looked awesome and then the red shirt no longer fit, so one thing led to another and he ended up completely different.. If I get a chance, I'll make one more similar to his regular PM Red, though!

Juken

Smash Ace
Looks like it's spacies morning. I don't think he's originally yellow, but it's a very nice touch to make him stand out from Fox more. Good work.

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
In the actual Star Fox games, he wears the same color of jacket and flightsuit as Fox. This is based on a mod of Tock's, though, in which he gave James a yellow jacket to stand out from Fox more. The jacket and flightsuit textures are pulled straight from Smash 3's yellow Fox, actually, since they were pretty close to what Tock had done.

I thought about making another version with the white jacket and brighter flightsuit, but decided against it.

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
Hi guys, this is my first post there. I have been following this thread since it began. Recently after I found that Crixler and Alerion had added the Rim effect to Outset and Condctor Toon Link I decided to give to them smash 3 styled textures.
I wanted to give you some pics of them in action, but my computer it's not enough powerfull to handle dolphin and giving pics of a TV running PM seems a bad idea.
- It's my first brawl texture mod I have ever done so be nice lol.
- can someone test if conductor toon link has issues on his neck/skin color? (or at least in BrawlBox it seems so). If someone wants to do better CSPs/BPs of Link feel free to post them.

Here's the DL :
https : //www . dropbox . com/s/h46w2i1tvn0d0yo/Smash%203%20Toon%20Link%20Alts . zip?dl=0

remove the spaces, I don't have 10 posts and I can't give links (yet)

Juken

Smash Ace
I'll provide some decent screenshots, but I won't really give feedback since I'm far from an expert when it comes to criticizing things that aren't obvious (like the color changes in those last 2 posts).

Edit - Here's a couple of screenshots; one on a really bright map and another on a less bright map:
8372dc272d.jpg 66f3bb22fb.jpg

close up of face (I noticed the neck is weird, but I think that's on the default model too?)
a60d404ed8.jpg

Edit 2 - Yeah, it's a model thing on his neck. I'd post it in image form, but image limit is 3 pictures for me so here's how the original looks:
http://puu.sh/eJtOh/092bcdf449.jpg

Last edited:

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
Regarding Toon Link, he's one of the characters that will be getting a Smash 3 update pretty soon (I hope it's soon, anyway! So much excite). I'm not sure how major of an update it will be, but as with all characters receiving updates, I would caution against doing too much with them for now, for fear of wasted effort if it becomes obsolete. The rimlighting should still be relevant either way, though.
In addition, Taiko has stated that he might be doing Outset Toon Link himself after he's done with real Smash 3 stuff.
But hey, there's always a chance that such work can still hold relevance post-update, so do as you wish.

For additional future reference, you can actually transfer the screenshots you can take from the pause menu from your Wii onto your computer and then convert them using a program called "bin2jpg", which can be a pain at times, but it works. That's how Ledge and I both do screenshots, for example.

Also... Welcome!

Edit: My apologies if this is rather rambly. I'm extremely tired right now, which makes me mildly -
I'm not sure how I planned that sentence to go

Last edited:

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
first of all thank you for your criticisim/thougts on my textures, It's my first texture work I have ever done so it's not perfect (it's kinda bad for me) and it has some issues on the conductor link model. I didn't know that Taiko was working on a Outset Toon Link model (I guess we'll wait for the update. Hype!!!), but I tried to make my one in my custom PM build. If someone wants to improve the Textures feel free to edit my ones.

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
I actually typed all that before I saw any images of them, I was more commenting on the idea of textures for them right now. Looking at the pictures, it looks like you actually did a good job of getting it to match the current Smash 3 Toon Link. As of 8 months ago, anyway, though, their WIP of the next version of Toon Link looked quite a bit different (http://smashbros3.tumblr.com/post/83829357672/hey-everyone-sorry-for-the-lack-of-updates), more Smash 4-esque. Since the Toon Link featured in the tutorial also has that sort of look, and virtually every other S3 character these days is also Smash 4-esque, I fear your work will soon be outdated.
But we really don't know for sure when that update will be happening, could maybe even be months from now. Could be tomorrow. In the meantime, your work actually works well with the current version. So hurray!

If you feel like trying out some more texture stuff, be sure to check out the Smash 3C status list, which you can find on the OP right next to the tutorial links! It will show what's done, what's being worked on, what's planned to be worked on, what should be held off on being worked on, etc.

Edit: Huh. Looking back through their Tumblr, apparently Ike was released after they shifted their art style to be more Smash 4-esque. I had thought Ike was from before that, the shading on it doesn't seem to match their newer style... Oh well, whatever.

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Thank you for the Screenshots, I really appreciate those! :)
I'll add a bit more feedback, try to make the bird emblem on conductor link's hat more smooth, try using the pen tool that Taiko recommends in his tutorial. The neck thing IS a problem, but you can reference normal TLinks neck texture to find the correct neck form like I did for one of my textures:

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman
I actually typed all that before I saw any images of them, I was more commenting on the idea of textures for them right now. Looking at the pictures, it looks like you actually did a good job of getting it to match the current Smash 3 Toon Link. As of 8 months ago, anyway, though, their WIP of the next version of Toon Link looked quite a bit different (http://smashbros3.tumblr.com/post/83829357672/hey-everyone-sorry-for-the-lack-of-updates), more Smash 4-esque. Since the Toon Link featured in the tutorial also has that sort of look, and virtually every other S3 character these days is also Smash 4-esque, I fear your work will soon be outdated.
But we really don't know for sure when that update will be happening, could maybe even be months from now. Could be tomorrow. In the meantime, your work actually works well with the current version. So hurray!

If you feel like trying out some more texture stuff, be sure to check out the Smash 3C status list, which you can find on the OP right next to the tutorial links! It will show what's done, what's being worked on, what's planned to be worked on, what should be held off on being worked on, etc.

Edit: Huh. Looking back through their Tumblr, apparently Ike was released after they shifted their art style to be more Smash 4-esque. I had thought Ike was from before that, the shading on it doesn't seem to match their newer style... Oh well, whatever.
I don't see why it can't be posted since Ocarina of Time Link and Mr L are also going to be outdated

Juken

Smash Ace

One thing I noticed with Smash 4 Wii U is that every human-esque character looks incredibly pale. I hope you guys take a look at the coloring on the 3DS art-style and try to have more contrast in their tones/shading. Here's a good comparison picture I saw.
dp.jpg

I think the 3DS probably has better visual appeal than the Wii U version in terms of color just because of that. You'll even notice that people like Falco look more plastic-like in that version, while (I think0 the shading being baked onto the character on the 3DS actually compliments everyone.

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
So for the delay, but I edited the banner for JSR Sonic to reflect the recent updates in rim lighting:
JSR Sonic Banner.png

Last edited:

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
I dont know how to rimlight though. If somebody would help me with that, yes i would do the recolors.

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
I've been working on a thing.
@ Nezha the Scout Nezha the Scout , have you made any progress on his rimlighting issues? I understand if you've been too busy, it's just that I have bigger problems with his Final Smash. It completely glitches over the screen, and this did not happen before I applied rimlighting to him.

Top Bottom