• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
Tried deleting the edge textures from those two materials, and the colors are now normal. However, they're shiny as crap. Also, though perhaps difficult to see in still images, the shininess on them looks very... angular. You can kind of see it a bit in the first two images, of this album, but it's especially noticeable in motion.

http://imgur.com/a/W0K88

I checked the other bits of the relevant materials, and they did indeed remain identical to the original.

Here's the file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x96b5q4rxgzidef/JetSetSonicRimlightingWIP000.rar?dl=0
I don't even like sonic, but it's beautiful...

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Tried deleting the edge textures from those two materials, and the colors are now normal. However, they're shiny as crap. Also, though perhaps difficult to see in still images, the shininess on them looks very... angular. You can kind of see it a bit in the first two images, of this album, but it's especially noticeable in motion.

I checked the other bits of the relevant materials, and they did indeed remain identical to the original.

Here's the file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x96b5q4rxgzidef/JetSetSonicRimlightingWIP000.rar?dl=0
Wow... It makes the original look so dull...

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy

Checking it now.

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
So a longtime ago I mentioned that I had an imperfect Dry Bowser that I attempted to "Smash 3-ify". Well, after much delay (and forgetting), here's my Dry Bowser. Let me know if this link doesn't work.
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=2499963A3F9D9FDA&id=2499963A3F9D9FDA!23776
NOTE:
  • I edited the textures long ago, before I truly became adequate at retexturing, so it isn't particularly great. I may redo the texture in the future. However, I am currently busy with other projects and work, so I invite anyone else to edit it too, as long as I'm credited.
  • I used some creative license with this one: his metal bands are now gold. I hope people are okay with this. I based this off of Bowser's gray pallete swap in Smash 4.
  • The rimlighting is terrible because the Project M Team has all of Dry Bowser's body parts as one object (ergo; I can't apply rimlighting to specific parts like his shell). Also, whenever Dry Bowser is hit or "blinks", his eye sockets flash white with the rimlighting. @ Nezha the Scout Nezha the Scout , please look at it for me.
  • Dry Bowser's color texture is based on his appearances in the Mario franchise instead of the dried, rustic look he has in Project M.
  • I did not make the CSP or BP, but I don't really remember who made it. Codex maybe? For this reason it doesn't reflect the design of my Dry Bowser, but his pose is very similar to the Smash 3 Team's Bowser CSP. I would make my own, but, well, I don't know how to do it well and no longer have the applications for it. I would appreciate if someone else made one though!
  • I will upload this to BrawlVault with the Giga Dry Bowser I made once the rim-lighting is fixed.
  • Have fun with it.

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy

I fixed it:

You just need to compensate for the new shader settings, the shoe texture must be darkened a bit.

Stuff:
-> Don't rimlight the eyes as they glitch a ton if rimlit.
-> Don't rimlight objects that get enveloped by light (in this case, sonic's sphere model, it has smokes effects)
-> Not all objects are rimlightable, in this case, rimlight interferes with the specs of his shoes.

What I did :
-> Reverted or unrimed the shoes, eyes, sphere and visor. Thats it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ny2e518kgmg2709/JetSetSonicRimlightingWIP000.rar?dl=0

^Link will be deleted in 4 days, I have to clean dropbox soon for some extra stuff.

I'll give it zee check.

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
So a longtime ago I mentioned that I had an imperfect Dry Bowser that I attempted to "Smash 3-ify". Well, after much delay (and forgetting), here's my Dry Bowser. Let me know if this link doesn't work.
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=2499963A3F9D9FDA&id=2499963A3F9D9FDA!23776
NOTE:
  • I edited the textures long ago, before I truly became adequate at retexturing, so it isn't particularly great. I may redo the texture in the future. However, I am currently busy with other projects and work, so I invite anyone else to edit it too, as long as I'm credited.
  • I used some creative license with this one: his metal bands are now gold. I hope people are okay with this. I based this off of Bowser's gray pallete swap in Smash 4.
  • The rimlighting is terrible because the Project M Team has all of Dry Bowser's body parts as one object (ergo; I can't apply rimlighting to specific parts like his shell). Also, whenever Dry Bowser is hit or "blinks", his eye sockets flash white with the rimlighting. @ Nezha the Scout Nezha the Scout , please look at it for me.
  • Dry Bowser's color texture is based on his appearances in the Mario franchise instead of the dried, rustic look he has in Project M.
  • I did not make the CSP or BP, but I don't really remember who made it. Codex maybe? For this reason it doesn't reflect the design of my Dry Bowser, but his pose is very similar to the Smash 3 Team's Bowser CSP. I would make my own, but, well, I don't know how to do it well and no longer have the applications for it. I would appreciate if someone else made one though!
  • I will upload this to BrawlVault with the Giga Dry Bowser I made once the rim-lighting is fixed.
  • Have fun with it.
The texture definitely looks cool. I am using it right now without the rimlighting, but hopefully Scout can figure it out.

I fixed it:

You just need to compensate for the new shader settings, the shoe texture must be darkened a bit.

Stuff:
-> Don't rimlight the eyes as they glitch a ton if rimlit.
-> Don't rimlight objects that get enveloped by light (in this case, sonic's sphere model, it has smokes effects)
-> Not all objects are rimlightable, in this case, rimlight interferes with the specs of his shoes.

What I did :
-> Reverted or unrimed the shoes, eyes, sphere and visor. Thats it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ny2e518kgmg2709/JetSetSonicRimlightingWIP000.rar?dl=0
Thanks for working on this, but are you sure you uploaded the right file? I just tried it on my Wii and it looks just like the one Crixler uploaded with the weird angular jankiness on the shoes and glasses.

Anywho, the green and blue recolors for Shogun Dedede have been finished and the Brawl Vault entry is updated.

The imgur album has a few more shots.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
For the wii huh?

I guess I should change the model a bit. Something that has nothin to do with rimlight...

edit: It will take some time

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Kaze is taking waaaay too long to reply about Chrom.

Along with my ever-waning interest in Brawl Hacking, I'm going to thank you guys for not releasing Chrom even though you have been able to this whole time and give you guys the green light.

Thanks again!

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Kaze is taking waaaay too long to reply about Chrom.

Along with my ever-waning interest in Brawl Hacking, I'm going to thank you guys for not releasing Chrom even though you have been able to this whole time and give you guys the green light.

Thanks again!
What about the accompanying Chrom PSA? Is that going to out on the wild any time soon too?

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Damn, I completely forgot about that!

I'll see if I can fix whatever was left and send that out too.
Just in case you have no clue what version I'm referencing this is what I'm talking about

Shout outs to Etika for leading me to this!

drogoth232

Smash Lord
I posted to not show that Chrom PSA off, I believe. It was still in Beta at the time, but the people working on it abandoned it.

I'd love to do some animation work, but I told myself that I really need to stop all this lol.

I'll be fixing/recoding the final smash along with fixing whatever else they wanted to still work on at the time.

Juken

Smash Ace
The portrait recolors look great. We'll have to replace the banner in the OP to have the alts now:

I also did Masked Man Lucas's CSP, but the clothes still need to be redone. Edit: No they don't, I did them a few posts down. Here's the CSP anyway!
Just wondering if you're still around. Is there any progress on that recolor pack you said you'd do?

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Crixler and I have been working on Ocarina of Time Link for too long, and I think we probably both hate it now, but we need to be free of this insanity, so here it is.

There are two versions of the shield available, the Melee shield or the one from Ocarina of Time. Crixler made a new spec map for the sword to match the sword in this artwork. It is rimlit, and has too many colors. Some of them are just the same thing with black tights, though. There is probably more to say but I am tired.

Just wondering if you're still around. Is there any progress on that recolor pack you said you'd do?
Was this addressed to me or Hansi? He uploaded the request pack he was talking about, and it's in the OP.

Juken

Smash Ace
Crixler and I have been working on Ocarina of Time Link for too long, and I think we probably both hate it now, but we need to be free of this insanity, so here it is.

There are two versions of the shield available, the Melee shield or the one from Ocarina of Time. Crixler made a new spec map for the sword to match the sword in this artwork. It is rimlit, and has too many colors. Some of them are just the same thing with black tights, though. There is probably more to say but I am tired.

Was this addressed to me or Hansi? He uploaded the request pack he was talking about, and it's in the OP.
This is what I'm referring to. Was about two weeks ago and he sorta disappeared, so was just curious if he's gone or just didn't feel like working on it.

If you're taking community suggestions for Lucario skins, I'd like to suggest the green mega Lucario in this and this Deoxys skin for him, although that one seems like a stretch.
I could definitely do the green mega in that pack. I might even do more from that pack, it has a lot of good recolors actually... Deoxys would probably take a little while but I'll see what I can do with him.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Thanks for working on this, but are you sure you uploaded the right file? I just tried it on my Wii and it looks just like the one Crixler uploaded with the weird angular jankiness on the shoes and glasses.
I fixed it (?):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mfbq8uig09pqfrd/JETSET_Sonic_Attempt_2.rar?dl=0

Picture of how it looks like is inside the .rar .

I checked it, and let me say, this is THE BEST looking dry bones bowser I have ever seen, the colors, the polish, is like he took a bath of bleach and cleaned his hair. The eyes are fantastic, the metal and shells are fantastic. I love it, seriously I do. You did an excellent job with this.

His eyes are just his blinking animations, I think removing his eye lids would work, making them transparent maybe. I'll do my best with it.

Last edited:

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
The texture definitely looks cool. I am using it right now without the rimlighting, but hopefully Scout can figure it out.
I checked it, and let me say, this is THE BEST looking dry bones bowser I have ever seen, the colors, the polish, is like he took a bath of bleach and cleaned his hair. The eyes are fantastic, the metal and shells are fantastic. I love it, seriously I do. You did an excellent job with this.

His eyes are just his blinking animations, I think removing his eye lids would work, making them transparent maybe. I'll do my best with it.
Thank you! I must say, I never expected such a positive response. There are still some aspects of Dry Bowser I think I could make better, but it's still nice to know that the likes of @ ledgerewskie ledgerewskie and @ Nezha the Scout Nezha the Scout - among some of the best rimlighters, modders, and texturers I know - really like what I've made. I plan to submit my Giga Dry Bowser shortly, and perhaps even a recolor for Dry Bowser I suddenly felt inspired to work on...

However, I can't make a proper render of Dry Bowser, unfortunately.

(Is texturer a word? Eh, it work.)

EDIT:
I have never applied rimlighting to Giga Dry Bowser, so I'm not sure how it'll go...

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
I could make a mini tutorial, but I need to know if it worked first.
It works great, thanks! I've updated the Brawl Vault entry with credit added.

I also finished up the GI Lucario alt that was giving me trouble before. Crixler helped as well.

I got the idea for the Ken alt from a user on Brawl Vault, Mario49, who uploaded a similar costume.

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
I know u guys don't take requests but r u guys planning to do this texture, because I really like it http://www.mediafire.com/?z7b92xjsda26s66
It looks like it wouldn't be too much trouble, considering most of the work is already done by the Smash 3 version. You should post directly to the Brawl Vault entry though, so that proper credit could be given if someone decides to do it.

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman
It looks like it wouldn't be too much trouble, considering most of the work is already done by the Smash 3 version. You should post directly to the Brawl Vault entry though, so that proper credit could be given if someone decides to do it.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/Bra...yUser=&Credit=&Info=&AudioSource=&MainType=-1

Edit- If u don't mind this is Wario in his WL1 Garb it also doesn't look that hard to do http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/Bra...yUser=&Credit=&Info=&AudioSource=&MainType=-1

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Nice!

Okay....

I don't have time to test it at the moment, but awesome! Thanks. What manner of sorcery did you do to it, if I might ask?
A new shader.

You see, the shoes and visors cannot be rimlit but it belongs to the same shader that contains the rest of the main body model (shader0).
So what I did is:
  • Extract the unedited shader from the unrimlit .pac that belongs to both the shoes and visor (in this case, shader0). And extract the unedited material folders for the shoes and visors.
  • Then add a new shader by right clicking the MLD0 data, the shader will be located on the last spot of the shader list, it's an empty shader since its new, so replace it with the unedited shader 0 from before.
  • DONT SAVE ANYTHING YET
  • Then restore the visor and shoes materials, this is in case some values were accidentally edited, also it makes them unrimmed again, which is what we want.
Now change the value "shader0" from the main material of the visor and boots to your new shader (is the same shader value that you use to find rimlightable materials for rimligting)
Now save, then close, then open again.
Check your new shader... notice that is gone? Well, its not! it automatically relocates with its materials right before metal materials and metal shader. So it fixes whatever values you left behind for you :]

This progress is useful as it separates non rimlighteable materials from rimlit shaders.

Its the first time I ever tried it, actually, props to Taiko for telling me I could do that all along.

Last edited:

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
Ahh, I had considered trying something like that, and actually ended up doing something slightly similarish with OoT Link (I made the sword use the shield shader, and deleted the original sword shader. Shield shader had spec maps set up already, and looked good, so why not?). But I was kinda nervous about adding new shaders, so I held off and waited to see what you were going to do. Thanks for doing it!

And Dark Knight, I do like those Wario alts, and was considering doing them eventually anyway. I'll add them to the Status list (which can now be found toward the top of the OP! Yay!)
If anyone else has any suggestions for things to Smash 3C-ize, you can suggest them, and as long as it's got a decent quality base, and isn't anything super minor, then I can add it to the status list. Which doesn't necessarily mean it's being worked on, or will be worked on anytime soon, it's just kind of a big list of things that are on our radar, that we (or anyone else, as long as they can produce quality work!) can work on.

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman
Ahh, I had considered trying something like that, and actually ended up doing something slightly similarish with OoT Link (I made the sword use the shield shader, and deleted the original sword shader. Shield shader had spec maps set up already, and looked good, so why not?). But I was kinda nervous about adding new shaders, so I held off and waited to see what you were going to do. Thanks for doing it!

And Dark Knight, I do like those Wario alts, and was considering doing them eventually anyway. I'll add them to the Status list (which can now be found toward the top of the OP! Yay!)
If anyone else has any suggestions for things to Smash 3C-ize, you can suggest them, and as long as it's got a decent quality base, and isn't anything super minor, then I can add it to the status list. Which doesn't necessarily mean it's being worked on, or will be worked on anytime soon, it's just kind of a big list of things that are on our radar, that we (or anyone else, as long as they can produce quality work!) can work on.
Thank you, for adding my suggestions! The reason why I suggested this is because I felt Wario really needs a alt which I don't think PM is going to give him anytime since he already has 12 costumes. Since

Thanks for adding my suggestions! BTW u forgot to add PM's Trainer Pikachu Alt to the status list

Taiko

Smash Ace
BTW u forgot to add PM's Trainer Pikachu Alt to the status list
As a heads up to you guys you might want to hold off on this, because we've got a new model in the works.

Also sorry for not popping in more often! I like what I see so far though, and I wonder how much better you guys can make them when we release the next update?

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
I never added any of the Pikachu or Jigglypuff semi-alts to the list, since in the past, Smash 3 has done those, and don't see how they could not do so again this time, so I assumed they're handling it. Then again, I did add Armored Mewtwo to the list, anyway, but whatever.
I'm not sure that Wario actually needs any new alts, because he already has one, and has since vBrawl. But I do think the different hats could be cool for when the 14 costume cbliss comes out.

As a heads up to you guys you might want to hold off on this, because we've got a new model in the works.

Also sorry for not popping in more often! I like what I see so far though, and I wonder how much better you guys can make them when we release the next update?
I'm personally holding off on doing much with things that are getting big updates, yeah.
The new face models you're doing sound exciting, and terrifying. We're Smash 3C, and the C stands for consistency, so we're going to need to find ways to port the new faces to things like Retro Captain Falcon and Holy War Marth, and ahhhhh, exciting and terrifying!

Taiko

Smash Ace
I never added any of the Pikachu or Jigglypuff semi-alts to the list, since in the past, Smash 3 has done those, and don't see how they could not do so again this time, so I assumed they're handling it. Then again, I did add Armored Mewtwo to the list, anyway, but whatever.
I'm not sure that Wario actually needs any new alts, because he already has one, and has since vBrawl. But I do think the different hats could be cool for when the 14 costume cbliss comes out.

I'm personally holding off on doing much with things that are getting big updates, yeah.
The new face models you're doing sound exciting, and terrifying. We're Smash 3C, and the C stands for consistency, so we're going to need to find ways to port the new faces to things like Retro Captain Falcon and Holy War Marth, and ahhhhh, exciting and terrifying!
We won't be doing that one Pikachu alt because the ears seem like a pain, we'll be doing our own though.

As for the faces, I can teach one of you guys how to do it when the time comes, it'll be easy enough I hope!

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman

Not to spoil anything but is the Pikachu model the smash 3DS model?

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman

I always get a bit hard when I see a new post from Taiko. But now you're just teasing everyone again with the update!

Here's a new upload! It's Sir Kirby the 4th's Playable Wario Man with the official Smash 3 textures and added rimlighting. It also has CSPs made from the Smash 3 render.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
X/Y model modified to fit Brawl proportions to keep animation compatibility.
I look forward to seeing it! But I'll probably keep floppy-eared Pikachu too.

I updated the Virtual Boy R.O.B. and found a way to make the textures less compressed. It looks much better now:

The updated file can be found on the Brawl Vault entry.

Last edited:

Hansius

Smash Rookie
Sorry I haven't been on in a while. Some time ago I noticed that there was something wrong with my hand, I've been losing strength and dexterity in it which is making things like writing, typing, and unfortunately using a computer in general very difficult. I had to take a break from basically anything I do that I've been finding more challenging than before just to rest my hand until it healed even a little bit. With that being said though, I have in fact been working on more recolors for Mega Lucario, as well as a Smash 3 Deoxys. I'll try to upload those as soon as I can, but as I said before, even small tasks are more difficult with whatever is going on with my hand.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Sorry I haven't been on in a while. Some time ago I noticed that there was something wrong with my hand, I've been losing strength and dexterity in it which is making things like writing, typing, and unfortunately using a computer in general very difficult. I had to take a break from basically anything I do that I've been finding more challenging than before just to rest my hand until it healed even a little bit. With that being said though, I have in fact been working on more recolors for Mega Lucario, as well as a Smash 3 Deoxys. I'll try to upload those as soon as I can, but as I said before, even small tasks are more difficult with whatever is going on with my hand.
It's nice to see you around, and I hope your hand heals in time. By Deoxys do you mean that Lucario mod?

Top Bottom