• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
Why don't you guys just ask them? They are right there, here, everywhere, up there near the top of this window. Hopefully one of the devs could clear up the confusion and theorization before anything... heated... occurs... again.

For what I've seen so far (both PMBR and S3) rigging takes time to do, and it requires extensive tests with all the animations to see if it works right. And many errors are quite easily to be overlooked, especially when we are talking about model editing without altering its moveset. (I had seen some bizarre things)

I may be wrong since this isn't my thing, but I felt that I sorta needed to say that out of nowhere.
I 100% agree to this, its getting ridiculous.

Last edited:

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
I thought it was a joke and Salad Snack was part of it.

...thats very stupid. Who rigged it like that and why? Is it something about Lucario, because of Melee or they just messed it up?
Mewtwo was imported when model importing was still new. I rigged it myself. Why was it done that way? Because it was maybe the 5th model I've ever rigged, so I wasn't as good as I am now.

Why haven't we changed it? Because we don't have to. It worked perfectly fine for our animators. Why fix it when it isn't broken?

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Mewtwo was imported when model importing was still new. I rigged it myself. Why was it done that way? Because it was maybe the 5th model I've ever rigged, so I wasn't as good as I am now.

Why haven't we changed it? Because we don't have to. It worked perfectly fine for our animators. Why fix it when it isn't broken?
...i don't even want to know when it was rigged in such case. While i don't think just model rigging itself was new at that time, it doesn't matters at least for normal PM Mewtwo.

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
...i don't even want to know when it was rigged in such case. While i don't think just model rigging itself was new at that time, it doesn't matters at least for normal PM Mewtwo.
Why are you arguing the time it was rigged with me? I'm the one who rigged it, so I would know... model importing was a thing for not even a year when I was asked to rig the Melee Mewtwo for the team. I wasn't even PMDT yet. Then when Star was recruited, we switched to his model, which he improved from the original. Again, rigging was still a new concept in the modding community, so I didn't know how to rig the hip "properly."

It didn't cause issues. Animations look fine. The animators didn't complain. So why should I spend the time fixing it when I can be working on other more important tasks?

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
Not only that, I think Bagan, the attitude you've been showing to everyone lately on other threads have been nothing short of rude and arrogant, some people have been working in the modding community for years and some top notch stuff by them as well, I don't see any reason you need to keep acting like you do and on top of that, acting like you're better than everyone and, acting like you know what you're talking about in some areas, specially this whole rigging thing it shows (Calling it now, someone will say otherwise or rather yourself but to me, and maybe to others, the way you reply to other fellow Smash modders have been like this) No respect at all if I'm honest, specially from a community I respect a lot from.

I'm not going to say anymore than that but damn man, have some respect for a change.

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Bagan, Is this really the place to discuss this?
Look, we get it. You like Mewtwo. PM likes Mewtwo. Nano likes Mewtwo. I like Mewtwo. That's great, fantastic.
We've given reasons as to why we won't change it, and I'll be happy to give them again.

We've decided that Mewtwo won't get any more work done because of the rig. Done. We won't be changing our minds unless something drastic - and I mean DRASTIC - happens.

Now can we get back to our scheduled choo-choo hype train? Yeah? Alright, let's go.

Hint for something I'm doing: lrn2laff HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
Exactly what Codex said. You are building a reputation, and it's not for the Ridley project. There is no need for you to be telling me how to rig a model when yours is just ripped from Other M. Once you make a quality Ridley model that actually fits in with the game, then feel free to tell me how to do my job.

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
Not only that, I think Bagan, the attitude you've been showing to everyone lately on other threads have been nothing short of rude and arrogant, some people have been working in the modding community for years and some top notch stuff by them as well, I don't see any reason you need to keep acting like you do and on top of that, acting like you're better than everyone and, acting like you know what you're talking about in some areas, specially this whole rigging thing it shows (Calling it now, someone will say otherwise or rather yourself but to me, and maybe to others, the way you reply to other fellow Smash modders have been like this) No respect at all if I'm honest, specially from a community I respect a lot from.

I'm not going to say anymore than that but damn man, have some respect for a change.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. Let's not forget that mod making doesn't prove who's better than who, nor does it warrant such an attitude.

I haven't even noticed a "thank you" when people compliment your work, @ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros , which is pretty rude and annoying. I personally have a gripe with you for that reason, but naturally I never said anything because it's a gripe and not a grudge. But maybe this ain't the thread for all this jazz.

Exactly what Codex said. You are building a reputation, and it's not for the Ridley project. There is no need for you to be telling me how to rig a model when yours is just ripped from Other M. Once you make a quality Ridley model that actually fits in with the game, then feel free to tell me how to do my job.
Basically this, yeah. It's not like so much work was put into developing that Ridley model. Rigging, sure, but the way Mewtwo is rigged is just as fine if not better. Plus, THAT model had a lot of work put into it. Some appreciation is due somewhere.

Just my two cents, take it as you will...

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
I predicted heat, I got lava instead.

Should I be a weather man?
Well based on that, everything would be ten times worse than what you predict. So essentially you'd kill as all by saying it'll rain cats and dogs and then cause the weather to actually rain cats dogs.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Removed text from most of those quotes because, well, they are on the same page.
I said it doesn't matters.
While part about me pretending i know better is somewhat true while "rude and arrogant" are completly true, i don't agree with myself thinking im better than any of you.
No, it isn't.
A customer still can complain about the product. Still not a good reason for all of this.
Of course. Thats not reason for any of this. I would still say all of this even if i wouldn't do anything worthwhile.
I don't say "thanks" because i want to leave it for when its all over. It would get kinda annoying to type same word over and over again no matter why.

Sorry for all of that s**t. Its just from recent disappointment (why make Mewtwo worse?) and stress. I'd better take a break for a while.
Now can we get back to our scheduled choo-choo hype train? Yeah? Alright, let's go.

Hint for something I'm doing: lrn2laff HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW
Yes. That would be great.

lrn = learn, 2 = to, laff = laugh?
...Dedede?
Well based on that, everything would be ten times worse than what you predict. So essentially you'd kill as all by saying it'll rain cats and dogs and then cause the weather to actually rain cats dogs.
Wouldn't that be "tigers and irish wolfhounds" if its 10x worse?

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Umm... Does anyone have a large (like the size of the wallpapers) render for Smash 3 Ganondorf on a clear background? My OCD has been nut's over his portrait that I'm trying to refine...

Edit: Nvm, working on a solution... XD

Last edited:

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Quit complaining about Mewtwo you selfish jerk, you aren't a customer since I don't see Nano or anyone else here getting money out of doing anything.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
This whole discussion about mewtwo is over. If someone new brings him up, we're saying no, giving reasons and that's the end of it. Again, we won't do anything with him unless something drastic happens.

If you have any problems with a specific person, take it to pms. This thread isn't a public forum to argue about this, otherwise it would be called "mewtwo in pm arguments" not "the smash 3 project: pm stop not working with our stuff".

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
That is correct.

Thegreatraven+rolled+image+_9a2a1246e80233b927817266a5ad179b.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Smash 3 doesn't support any heated arguments against other projects and mods from other projects and/or games. The smash 3 is not responsible for any loose limbs and tough love received from project members, community members, lurkers and me. The smash 3 gladly accepts criticism towards our stuff, but if its somewhat harassing and personal, the person will be ridiculed by me and or other project and/or community members with puns. If the arguments is towards another project, user, game, you will be plastered by Dio memes courtesy of Codex. The Smash 3 is not a competition against anyone or anything, we make things the way we love it, not by looking what others are doing, and by always reviewing ourselves to make things look better. For any heated topics involving criticism, please consider PMs and separate threads if the intent is to make it public. If a heated topic indeed starts here, try to make it a short as possible before I finish thinking up some jokes and memes. If you read the whole thing, you deserve a star.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
I don't say "thanks" because i want to leave it for when its all over. It would get kinda annoying to type same word over and over again no matter why.
it's only six letters and takes a second to do. replying to multiple people also takes seconds, don't have to even type it. copy/pasta works too.

saying thank you means a lot to people, it motivates them and allow them to support you and your projects more. it lets them know that their input matters, this is only if you mean it though.

this is what's wrong with people now, they don't take the time to do the little things that can make a difference in the lives of others.

ElGoombaswag

Hououin Kyoma
NNID
cdoggfuentes
it's only six letters and takes a second to do. replying to multiple people also takes seconds, don't have to even type it. copy/pasta works too.

saying thank you means a lot to people, it motivates them and allow them to support you and your projects more. it lets them know that their input matters, this is only if you mean it though.

this is what's wrong with people now, they don't take the time to do the little things that can make a difference in the lives of others.
Unfortunately, we live in a bad society. It's pretty sad that people can't say thanks.Just saying thanks gave me a lot of new friends. @ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros I think that you should be kinder to others. I'm not saying you aren't. I just think that credit can be given more than once. I will repeat that word as many times as I please. Especially when I use that word for The Smash 3 team making Mewtwo. You can make a difference.

That One Guy2486

Smash Apprentice

Man, is this guy a philosopher?

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
On topic: Is there anything new to speak of, like an update on how things are going, new ideas you're throwing around, etc?
We're throwing around ideas almost every day. It can range from an idea a day to countless amounts per hour.
Feedback on stuff we're working on (both related and unrelated to smash3) is given almost daily too.
Progress on my end is slowing down a bit because finals week in college and stuff.

Things, at least on the model-rigging end will pick up when I'm finished with the semester (which is next Thursday afternoon).
I can't speak for the others because... I'm not them lol.

Obskore

Smash Ace
random funny question, has Master/Crazy Hand been considered to be worked with? or no bosses at all? (i know bosses are unlikely to be considered, but i was curious because they're iconic Classic mode bosses)

That One Guy2486

Smash Apprentice
random funny question, has Master/Crazy Hand been considered to be worked with? or no bosses at all? (i know bosses are unlikely to be considered, but i was curious because they're iconic Classic mode bosses)
I get the feeling that Smash 3C will be doing bosses, and other Subspace enemies. I wonder if they'll ever do stages...

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Stages? Rumor has it that a person is finding ways to S3iffy stages, with specs and everything. I also heard that said stage lies in his messy todo list.

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace
spec graphics is something i love about 3D Models. Speaking of graphics, can't brawl handle "Bloom" effects? because i had seen a picture of the new PM Bowser Castle some time ago and the lava had it, i don't know if it was edited in or not

Top Bottom