• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
Is it just me, or do the new Marth visuals here make him look A LOT like Wander from Shadow of the Colossus? Skin confirmed?

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
I dont know if anyone has started on Smash 3 Kirby yet, but I am working on a HQ Smash 3 Kirby using SmashJC's model. I am not officially part of the Smash 3 team, but if you need credentials, I'd be more than happy to provide a link to my work (not on Brawlvault, I mean actual graphic design work). If not, I'd be more than happy to take my work to the Project 3C team in an unofficial capacity. :substitute:

Edit: A preview

Using my Kirby model without permission? Not cool.

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
I dont know if anyone has started on Smash 3 Kirby yet, but I am working on a HQ Smash 3 Kirby using SmashJC's model. I am not officially part of the Smash 3 team, but if you need credentials, I'd be more than happy to provide a link to my work (not on Brawlvault, I mean actual graphic design work). If not, I'd be more than happy to take my work to the Project 3C team in an unofficial capacity. :substitute:

I assumed (yeah I know) that your intention was to contribute to the team effort. The idea was to deliver a full, cohesive and all inclusive pack, but I'm not needed here so I'll keep it to myself. Thought you'd be pleased someone is continuing what you started, but I get where you're coming from. My bad. :drsad:

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
First:
Permission is not needed to upload edited mods from other people if proper credits were given.

Since all of you might upload this to KCMM, the rule applies. And I fully enforce it. Is it even worth it anymore? Maybe not.But
if said rule did not exist, the wonderful and rarely even remotely helpful vets would make a big monopoly. So yeah, if you don't wish to people to edit your things without permission, don't upload it at all.

Second:
For any unofficial smash 3 related things, post them on Smash3C as it is as active as this thread.you may make some confusion for those who do not visit this thread consistently.

tehplanefreak

Smash Rookie
I must say, I really love this project!

One question for the Smash 3 Team: are you using Blender Internal or Cycles for rendering, and what kinds of lamps or other lighting methods do you use?

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
We use Blender Cycles with a standard 3 point lighting setup using mesh lights. The mesh lights work better for more control on the shape, size and distance of the lighting on the models rather than using sunlight lamps which is just global.

This is how a typical setup would look like:

Using planes as the mesh lights makes it easy to round them out using a "Subdivision Surface" modifier. This can make shiny surfaces look rounder instead of square since reflective surfaces take the exact shape of what it's reflecting.

ShbeblyTheGreat

Smash Rookie
NNID
ShbeblyTheGreat
3DS FC
5301-0182-3378
Can someone please help? I downloaded a fresh Project M pack from the website, download the Project M Smash 3 pack, dragged it to my SD card and replaced the files, but when I go to the game and try to select a different costume the game freezes. For example, I select Sonic and get all the way to Red Sonic, but if I go one more over the game freezes. The same happens to other character's costumes.

Do I need to download additional character slots? If so, where and how?

That One Guy2486

Smash Apprentice
Can someone please help? I downloaded a fresh Project M pack from the website, download the Project M Smash 3 pack, dragged it to my SD card and replaced the files, but when I go to the game and try to select a different costume the game freezes. For example, I select Sonic and get all the way to Red Sonic, but if I go one more over the game freezes. The same happens to other character's costumes.

Do I need to download additional character slots? If so, where and how?
Download Smash3C. It comes with all the Smash 3 textures, and from my experience, works with Project M too.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Read the title! GAAHHH! Someone add this to the FAQ!
The reason it doesn't work is that the Common5.pac (More specifically the sc_selcharacter_en) the smash 3 pack has is made for Project M 3.0, while the current version of Project M is 3.5, which added costumes that add slots to the sc_selcharacter_en. Since the added slots don't exist in the Smash 3 pack, The game tries to find a path that doesn't exist, so the game crashes.

Last edited:

That One Guy2486

Smash Apprentice
All I see are the introduction to what the project is and then every character they have altered. No link to download the pack. Unless my dyslexia is kicking in and I just keep glossing over it.
Just saw that you're right. Head to Brawl Vault and search Smash 3C. Look for "The Pack"

ShbeblyTheGreat

Smash Rookie
NNID
ShbeblyTheGreat
3DS FC
5301-0182-3378
The reason it doesn't work is that the Common5.pac (More specifically the sc_selcharacter_en) the smash 3 pack has is made for Project M 3.0, while the current version has 3.5 added costumes that add slots to the sc_selcharacter_en. Since the added slots don't exist in the Smash 3 pack, The game tries to find a path that doesn't exist, so the game crashes.
So there's no way to get this to work on the current version of PM?

Draco_The

Smash Lord
The reason it doesn't work is that the Common5.pac (More specifically the sc_selcharacter_en) the smash 3 pack has is made for Project M 3.0, while the current version of Project M is 3.5, which added costumes that add slots to the sc_selcharacter_en. Since the added slots don't exist in the Smash 3 pack, The game tries to find a path that doesn't exist, so the game crashes.
Well, the title only says that it doesn't work with 3.6. It doesn't say anything about 3.5.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Did Mario's leg always clip that much into his default jump animation or is the model for Smash 3 model just bigger?
It's the Brawl model.

Thanks for the offer, at this point textures are not what we need though, we're looking more for people who can work on models. Rigging, optimizing manually, that stuff.

Well, the title only says that it doesn't work with 3.6. It doesn't say anything about 3.5.
I updated the title and removed my joke :(

Did somebody made a Smash 3 DK? Because i did...
Yes, we did.

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
WTF? something's wrong with the complete pack, somebody replaced the classic mode olimar portrait with the lucas potrait

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
It doesn't work for PM.
It doesn't work for PM. It doesn't work for PM.
It doesn't work for PM. It doesn't work for PM. It doesn't work for PM.
It doesn't work for PM. It doesn't work for PM. It doesn't work for PM. It doesn't work for PM.

We are working on it. We are working on it.We are working on it.We are working on it.We are working on it.We are working on it.

Error Scout.exe is experiencing some communication issues, the program will now shut down, unsaved progress is now shut down.

Restarting.
Oh, the title doesn't say it anymore.
Well, yeah, it doesn't work.

Last edited:

That One Guy2486

Smash Apprentice
It doesn't work for PM.
It doesn't work for PM. It doesn't work for PM. It doesn't work for PM. It doesn't work for PM.

We are working on it. We are working on it.We are working on it.We are working on it.We are working on it.We are working on it.

Error Scout.exe is experiencing some communication issues, the program will now shut down, unsaved progress is now shut down.

Restarting.
Looks like he runs on a Windows XP.

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't work for PM.

Restarting.
I AM NOT USING IT WITH THAT DAMN PROJECT M!!! .................... Also, WTF why the Smash 3 Hud only comes in the project m version? i want the brawl version, not project m! :roll::mad:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
This is Photoshoped.

Everything is photoshoped.

Edit: Actually, I believe Taiko showed Mario and Luigi before.
You know what this may be the first time we've seen the man in green in the new style. Unless my memory is shot once more... :p

I'm curious how Mr. HOO HAA is coming along though along with his friend slavinator. (You should get the first reference, but the second one is a nickname my friend gave to ZSS... don't ask my why... X] )

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
You know what this may be the first time we've seen the man in green in the new style. Unless my memory is shot once more... :p

I'm curious how Mr. HOO HAA is coming along though along with his friend slavinator. (You should get the first reference, but the second one is a nickname my friend gave to ZSS... don't ask my why... X] )
And they just told me, that Luigi is old. I messed up the pacs...

oh well

drogoth232

Smash Lord
i dunno, just taken a screenshot to the sonic smash 3 model with brawlbox and edited with photoscape :p
Other than the fact it's a smash3 skin, why is this here? I don't get it :\

And they just told me, that Luigi is old. I messed up the pacs...

oh well
[SWEATING INTENSIFIES]

That was a close one.

Yeah, that Luigi looked like the old one. So you were trying to give us a sneak peek!

... maybe you could show us it now?
NO

Jk, idk what they have planned.
Kinda.
Not really.
Sorta?

Top Bottom