• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrLul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrL300
Is there any way I could have a high quality render of Smash 3 Roy? :s

Taiko

Smash Ace
This textures are plain awesome, in gonna replace all the default for this ones.
So far Roy is my favorite, but one question: does it include a recolor with the purple cape?
Not at the moment, no. We thought the purple clashed a bit with his old design, which is why we made it blue.
Will you guys even need to do a Kirby re-texture? In the "melee to brawl" trailer that Nintendo did, be barely changed as is.
We will. Rim Lighting, and all the Kirby hats.
Is there any way I could have a high quality render of Smash 3 Roy? :s
No point keeping it to myself, right?

MrLul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrL300
Not at the moment, no. We thought the purple clashed a bit with his old design, which is why we made it blue.

We will. Rim Lighting, and all the Kirby hats.

No point keeping it to myself, right?
Thanks a lot! :D

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
Heya! So, I run Project M 3.02. When I went to merge the folders and play, I noticed upon start a few things were weird..

Vanilla Brawl strap menu and opening and such.
Selecting Roy makes the "Pokemon trainer" call
Selecting Mewtwo makes the "Fighting Alloy Team" call.
Andd... any match freezes the game. :c

Any idea what happened?

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
Heya! So, I run Project M 3.02. When I went to merge the folders and play, I noticed upon start a few things were weird..

Any idea what happened?
Sounds like something's not loading properly from the SD card. I'd try defragmenting your SD card and see if that helps.

Diraga

Smash Cadet

Any idea what happened?
You might have replaced the folders instead of merging them. I am on a Mac so I have to manually move the files to their folders in the SD card.

Prince Longstrok

You might have replaced the folders instead of merging them. I am on a Mac so I have to manually move the files to their folders in the SD card.
Back, turns out I clicked "replace" when I should have clicked "keep", so the wrong file were getting replaced.

BUT, everything is working C: cant wait for the rest of teh textures to come out- including the menu c;

Much love, Smash 3 team.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I haven't checked this thread in a while, but I'm glad to see the progress.

Roy looks amazing and really close to his FE6 self. Lucario is coming along great too.

Diraga

Smash Cadet
Is there any way you can upload a video on how to install it?
What are you having trouble with? If you're on windows, just drag and drop to merge the folders in your SD card. If you're on a Mac, you need to manually drag the folder file contents into their respective folders.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
For those wondering about Snake, he's still in a dream, and may not be keeping you waiting for much longer!

210stuna

Smash Lord
Ooh I can't wait!
Whoever thought of the progression chart really did a good number on it.

I have a question, are all these textures WiFi safe?
I love to play online in style

Prince Longstrok

Hey guys!

So, been running into a problem. :\
Ive noticed it has happened ever since I start using Costume Manager. Basically, my game will freeze mid match occasionally, and sometimes just when moving my cursor around the CSS. What are the causes of this? Anytime I scrolled over Yoshis CSS it would freeze, which is weird because I hadnt changed any of his CSPs or CSS portriate.

I run Project M 3.02, with the current build of Smash 3 correctly installed onto it. could it just be that Costume Manager is bugged out right now?

Jmook11

Smash Apprentice
What are you having trouble with? If you're on windows, just drag and drop to merge the folders in your SD card. If you're on a Mac, you need to manually drag the folder file contents into their respective folders.
I'm on Windows, and I replaced the existing files, but nothing happens after PM's startup...

Prince Longstrok

How did you replace them? going folder by folder, or just dragging and dropping? what options did it give you?

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Did you even downloaded the project m mod and installed it correctly?
It could be that you may have deleted any important file or forgot to add anything vital to it.

Last edited:

Diraga

Smash Cadet
I'm on Windows, and I replaced the existing files, but nothing happens after PM's startup...
You may have accidentally deleted some essential files. Try redownloading Project M from the website and the manually dragging and dropping the files from each folder into the ones on the SD card.

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Hey guys!

So, been running into a problem. :\
Ive noticed it has happened ever since I start using Costume Manager. Basically, my game will freeze mid match occasionally, and sometimes just when moving my cursor around the CSS. What are the causes of this? Anytime I scrolled over Yoshis CSS it would freeze, which is weird because I hadnt changed any of his CSPs or CSS portriate.

I run Project M 3.02, with the current build of Smash 3 correctly installed onto it. could it just be that Costume Manager is bugged out right now?
The costume manager, I stopped using it ever since it started freezing alot.

Did you know that a character begins loading when you select or hover over it? Its useful since it lowers the loading time. When a character's .pac is glitched, too big or misplaced and you hover or select it, the game will freeze at the menu in a short moment, and if your fast, at the loading screen.

Hope that helped! :)

Last edited:

Prince Longstrok

The costume manager, I stopped using it ever since it started freezing alot.

Did you know that a character begins loading when you select or hover over it? Its useful since it lowers the loading time. When a character's .pac is glitched, too big or misplaced and you hover or select it, the game will freeze at the menu in a short moment, and if your fast, at the loading screen.

Hope that helped! :)
Ahhh, i didnt know that c:

And, how do YOU add costumes, if i may ask? Any easier way?

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
Here's another something you should all like, Taiko taught me quite a bit on how to render and I came up with this bad boy to show off Xeno's textures.

Last edited:

Prince Longstrok

Little update- i stopped using costume manager and havent experienced freezing.

Unfortunately, we will have to wait for a leas buggy version to be released. HOWEVER, it does work nicely for making a .pcs/.pac for a texture if you are missing one!

Oh, and MetaKnight looks beautiful :)

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Little update- i stopped using costume manager and havent experienced freezing.

Unfortunately, we will have to wait for a leas buggy version to be released. HOWEVER, it does work nicely for making a .pcs/.pac for a texture if you are missing one!
Told ya, doing things old school is where is at!

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Yo, where's the new progress chart?

I know you guys said you won't be done for a while but I still want to wait until you've attempted every character.

This project's coming along awesomely.

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
Yo, where's the new progress chart?

I know you guys said you won't be done for a while but I still want to wait until you've attempted every character.

This project's coming along awesomely.
Shun was the one updating our progress chart, but he's been out of town the past week or so. Also, most of us have been busy lately so progress has been slower than we like. Don't worry though, as you can see with our recent Meta Knight Screens/Render, progress is still happening!

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
I'm glad that everyone is happy with how Meta Knight is turning out. I've been meaning to get one of my characters out for a while now. And for those wondering about Samus, she is currently receiving some "super" upgrades, and it's going to take more time before she's finished.
I've been waiting for this one!

Though I must say, there's something about his mask that looks... off. It just doesn't have that metallic look, you know?
We felt that the metallic overlay on his mask was unnecessary, as well as the metallic overlay on the boots. And staying true to the general art style most of us are taking with other characters, I wanted to make him look similar to his Air Ride and Return to Dreamland incarnations, which have very flat and simple textures. However I am using some parts of the Brawl model that don't normally exist on his other models to my advantage, such as cleaning up the M insignia and red decals on his pauldrons, which Taiko was generous enough to do for me.

Last edited:

CombatScouter

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad that everyone is happy with how Meta Knight is turning out. I've been meaning to get one of my characters out for a while now. And for those wondering about Samus, she is currently receiving some "super" upgrades, and it's going to take more time before she's finished.

We felt that the metallic overlay on his mask was unnecessary, as well as the metallic overlay on the boots. And staying true to the general art style most of us are taking with other characters, I wanted to make him look similar to his Air Ride and Return to Dreamland incarnations, which have very flat and simple textures. However I am using some parts of the Brawl model that don't normally exist on his other models to my advantage, such as cleaning up the M insignia and red decals on his pauldrons, which Taiko was generous enough to do for me.
Looking at it again, I really don't see much of an issue anymore. I guess I was just so used to the Brawl textures that anything else would look jarring.

Anyway, keep it up! I'm looking forward to Samus.

\Apples

Smash Journeyman
Suggestion: when characters are completed, as as subsection of the presentation you should post side-by-side's of each character's Smash 3 texture vs default Brawl.

Rage83

Smash Ace
Suggestion: when characters are completed, as as subsection of the presentation you should post side-by-side's of each character's Smash 3 texture vs default Brawl.
I agree with Apples here. It's nice, and it helps for characters with more subtle changes(like Samus).

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yes, Premium members can show their "Smash 4 main" in the form of a faded background image on their posts. It worked out for me because I main Dedede in PM and he's already been announced for Smash 4. Here's hoping they'll just add all smash characters as options, though.

Top Bottom