• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
SHOW TIME!!!!!

After some polishing and improvements, Me and Galaga are proud to present, Smash 3 Bowser!!!

Side note: were are still giving Bowser some final touch-ups, the lines on the shell is for reference and it will soon be readjusted to look more natural.

Last edited:

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
SHOW TIME!!!!!

After some polishing and improvements, Me and Galaga are proud to present, Smash 3 Bowser!!!

Side note: were are still giving Bowser some final touch-ups, the lines on the shell is for reference and it will soon be readjusted to look more natural.
Oh my god, this Bowser looks ten times better than vBrawl version. It's like he came straight out of a Mario game. Release the Koopa! :bowser:

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
So...how about a progress report?

"But what does it all mean!?"

We'll fill in a block silhouette as progress on a particular character is further along. When they're nearly done (aka, we are making sure everything works as it should), they'll look like Sonic does currently: partially transparent.

Fortress

Smash Master
Any chances we'll see Meleedorf brought in on this? I love the project, but the vibrancy of Twilidorf just feels off, so I've been sticking to a Meleedorf texture.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
It is a hate crime that Zelda and Sheik have separate boxes but the Pokémon are shoved in one box.
That's because the pokemon are technically just a part of the Trainers move-set.

Any chances we'll see Meleedorf brought in on this? I love the project, but the vibrancy of Twilidorf just feels off, so I've been sticking to a Meleedorf texture.
We'll see what happens after we finish our initial plans.

Last edited:

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Progress and stuffs. Would you guys like it if post every time there's a progress chart update?

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
I'm more curious about how you're gonna design Snake in the Smash 3 project vision since he actually fits in the whole grungy style of Brawl. I'll just be camping underneath this cardboard box until something pops up. :snake:

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Here's another character reveal!
It's Meta Knight!

I've decided to use his Air Ride incarnation as my inspiration for Smash 3.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Now here's the "official" announcement of Roy. The usual render + wallpaper are here, as well as an updated progress chart for you guys!

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Now here's the "official" announcement of Roy. The usual render + wallpaper are here, as well as an updated progress chart for you guys!

I tricked a few people that Roy was confirmed for Smash Bros 4 with this. Good job man, this looks great.

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't expecting Roy that quickly, nice.
The new Fox alt is nice. Intended the replace the black one? I think that seems like a decent tradeoff. What's the black one supposed to be based off of, anyway? My best guess is Wolf, which is weird, since Wolf himself is playable.
Ooh, or maybe I could replace one of the Melee Fox skins, instead. Does anyone know if there's anything special about those in PM, other than the different model and team color capabilities? Like, any effects differences? I might put this on the Melee red, the Panther one on Melee blue, and make some new ones of my own for the other two Melee ones... Hmm...

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Hmm...How much does Star Fox 1 Fox cost? 360 Wii Shop Points? xD
64 Bombs is the price.

I wasn't expecting Roy that quickly, nice.
The new Fox alt is nice. Intended the replace the black one? I think that seems like a decent tradeoff. What's the black one supposed to be based off of, anyway? My best guess is Wolf, which is weird, since Wolf himself is playable.
Ooh, or maybe I could replace one of the Melee Fox skins, instead. Does anyone know if there's anything special about those in PM, other than the different model and team color capabilities? Like, any effects differences? I might put this on the Melee red, the Panther one on Melee blue, and make some new ones of my own for the other two Melee ones... Hmm...
Black Fox is Sakurai's take on a "Dark Fox". At least that's what the Brawl website said. .

I personally replace the Melee Fox skins with Panther and SNES Fox. There's nothing particularly unique about them that I'm aware of, so it should be okay to switch them out.

As for Roy's sudden release, well, @ Taiko Taiko was Motivated

Last edited:

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
Dark Fox? Interesting. And all right, thanks! Goodbye, Melee Fox!

What's the font you guys use for Smash 3 stuff, by the way?

What the Font wasn't helpful, and the closest I can find going through my fonts is Roboto Bold.

Edit: Never mind, I think I found it. ITC Avant Garde Gothic Std Condensed DemiBold. Which I don't have, and it's not free, so Roboto it is!

Last edited:

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
What's the font you guys use for Smash 3 stuff, by the way?

Edit: Never mind, I think I found it. ITC Avant Garde Gothic Std Condensed DemiBold. Which I don't have, and it's not free, so Roboto it is!
We do in fact use ITC Avant Garde Gothic Std. I believe the weight is Condensed Bold for the download cards.

Last edited:
Top Bottom