• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Taiko

Smash Ace
To clear it up, we'll be doing Project M's alternate costumes once we've gone through the Brawl cast. If we feel like it, a costume may come out sooner (ex. Pikachu and Jigglypuff)
Ocarina of Time Link will be done eventually, but work hasn't started on him quite yet.

210stuna

Smash Lord
EDIT: A wonderful double post by yours truly.

On topic, Thanks Shun for pulling through with pictures. I'm assuming the regal is the "Melee version"

Well by golly I'll be downloading it regardless hahaaaa!!

Last edited:

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
What exactly are the changes in the DLC for the white Marth's compared to the one that comes in his original download?
They are all different designs we made. The White Marth included is a design based upon Sigurd from Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu (FE4). The additional white Marth's are just alternative designs we made and wanted to share. Haohmaru Marth is a combo of red, white, and a dark green while Regal Marth is white, brown, and gold primarily.

For visual differences:
Sigurd

Regal

so how exactly do I do the DLC costumes, do i just put it into the right directory?
Yes that's exactly it. They are just like downloading any regular mod. Just put the files in the proper directory.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I'm trying to download the Project M pack and i have a question, do you just have to download the pack stand alone, or do you have to download the original Project M first then download the pack?

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
Well, they are just working on the OoT Link alt costume that Project M has. It would be interesting to see how that they go about that one since the only thing that I find wrong about it is that Link's mouth doesn't freaking move unlike Melee Fox and Melee Falco... Way to go, PMBR... -_-
wut. That isn't true. I've seen his mouth move.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Dat Melee White Marth. :p The clothes, I mean.
Somewhat! There's no real base for that one, just a colour scheme that came into my head.
I'm trying to download the Project M pack and i have a question, do you just have to download the pack stand alone, or do you have to download the original Project M first then download the pack?
Yes, we don't want to host each Project M release. You'll have to grab Project M first, then install this over it.

Last edited:

Tryst

Smash Ace
NNID
Skolar
3DS FC
2750-1644-8369
These will not cause Desyncs on the Wi-Fi safe version because there aren't any alternate models, correct?

D

Deleted member

They shouldn't, they're only changing the texture of the character. If they DO change the model, it can still be wifi safe if they don't change the bones so they don't mess with the hitboxes

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Just wanted to say that this is the most fantastic thing I've come across in a while and after using the textures, I cannot wait for the full cast to be done. Marf looks ****ing incredible and makes me even more hype to play P:M regularly.

As soon as Pit and Lucas are ready, my trifecta will be complete.

Last edited:

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
So how do I use these packs? I don't really play PM. Can I just use these packs with my regular Brawl game.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
So how do I use these packs? I don't really play PM. Can I just use these packs with my regular Brawl game.
Yes you can. Download "The Pack" and simply follow the instructions included. There is a folder entitled "Brawl" that is everything pre-installed for regular Brawl usage.

Veishi336

Smash Journeyman
um one thing about the marth. it seems like everytime i choose him now, the camera is zoomed back and slightly upwards. What do you think might be causing this problem?
Edit: i might know why it is doing that. Maybe it is because i didnt put the pm version in there. Just did it and it doesnt show up at all but only for the purple colored marth

Last edited:

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
holy crud this looks awesome, but you might want to consider brightening him up a bit, because yoshi is is very dark, he should be a bit more lime.
Lime would have more to do with the hue than the brightness, really.
Upon looking up a bunch of pictures of Yoshi from different games, most of them do seem to show him being a bit more limey, but really, it varies from game to game. In some games, Yoshi's color is very similar to what's going on in that preview pic.

I feel neutralish towards the current shade and a proposed limier version.

Diraga

Smash Cadet
I saw a picture of Captain Falcon on the Tumblr page a while ago and I've been dying to get his new textures ever since. Is there any update on his progress?

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Yeah, Falcon and Samus are looking to make quite the splash. Those previews are breathtaking (Especially that use of a matte finish on Samus.) My personal hype character is Roy, but I can muster the patience to not go on a rampage through town.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Back again with one last update on Samus!
And I figured I'd post the most anticipated palette swap as an extra.

Her black outfit will be the Phazon Suit from Metroid Prime!
And we have also have a challenger approaching!

It's Zero Suit Samus!

She's still being worked on. I'm improving the quality of the textures and fixing any errors and mistakes with the transparency in her hair. I've also changed the blue color of her Zero Suit so that it more closely resembles her appearance in Zero Mission for the GBA, rather than how she appears in Brawl and Metroid Prime 3.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
So beautiful... All of this is slowly coming to a head.

Taiko

Smash Ace
For those asking when stuff is coming: It's coming when it's done. We won't be doing a large multi-character update again though, so you guys don't need to worry about that. There's a certain amount of polish that needs to be put into everything after all!

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
For those asking when stuff is coming: It's coming when it's done. We won't be doing a large multi-character update again though, so you guys don't need to worry about that. There's a certain amount of polish that needs to be put into everything after all!
Take your time, certainly. I've waited since the dawn of this project, and I'd rather a polished product appear than a rushed one. :)

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Yeah seriously, take your time. As much as I wait with frothing anticipation for the entire roster select screen to pop full of colors, I'd want everyone to get the same TLC as those who are done already.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Used to have a variety of different outfits for characters, but I got sick of the disparity in style between them. I'm really looking forward to this project so that I can finally have not only a fully unified style across the cast, but an exceptionally well done one at that. Keep up the good work.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Is that...! Well, he's coming soon guys. After all these years.

Last edited:

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Is that...! Well, he's coming soon guys. After all these years.

Show me your moves! Seriously, when is he and the new Sonic coming out?! xD All of my hype is awry!

Rick Rockmann

Smash Cadet
Just downloaded this to check it out, and I have to say I'm a fan. I love everything about this.
I did notice a few weird things that might be worth mentioning, although I'd be surprised if I'm the first to post them.
-Marth's whole body no longer flashes with each hit of Dancing Blade like he does in Melee and vanilla P:M. I'm guessing he works as intended for Brawl, though?
-GnW's outlines seem thick. REALLY thick. I seem to remember reading somewhere that the PMBR played around with them for this game though, so it could just be a discrepancy for P:M?

Also, any chance of a dark-skinned Olimar DLC?

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
Show me your moves! Seriously, when is he and the new Sonic coming out?! xD All of my hype is awry!
Sonic could be a while, we've hit an issue with his optimization. Sadly the one optimizing him has been busy, so it could be a while. Falcon will be soon though.
Just downloaded this to check it out, and I have to say I'm a fan. I love everything about this.
I did notice a few weird things that might be worth mentioning, although I'd be surprised if I'm the first to post them.
-Marth's whole body no longer flashes with each hit of Dancing Blade like he does in Melee and vanilla P:M. I'm guessing he works as intended for Brawl, though?
-GnW's outlines seem thick. REALLY thick. I seem to remember reading somewhere that the PMBR played around with them for this game though, so it could just be a discrepancy for P:M?

Also, any chance of a dark-skinned Olimar DLC?
Marth: Intentional, it's to stop him from looking like a highlighter. You can replace the FitMarth.pac in fighter/marth with the stock P:M one and it'll revert it, but you'll lose the custom sword slashes we have on him.
G&W: We've only changed the colours. It's probably something from the PMBR in that case.
Olimar: We don't plan to, but the source PSDs are available. Hopefully they help!

Fortress

Smash Master
The obvious question at this point is if we'll see these from you guys:

Helmetless Falcon
Classic Falcon
Tuxedo Falcon

But, seriously. Tuxedo Falcon (or tux Falcon in helmet).

Top Bottom