• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Taiko

Smash Ace
Mewtwo is now released. One step closer to completing your Pokédex!

And of course, additional costumes because we never have enough slots for our ideas:

And source PSDs to create your very own Rainbow Armor Mewtwo. Yes, we're waiting for one of you to do it.

In addition, we've added Scout/Edel's Bowser to the pack, so here's a review of what you get:

Enjoy!

EDIT: Oh right, I almost forgot, we've also updated the rim effect for all the characters. Redownload the old characters if you're not downloading from The Pack!

EDIT 2: I always forget something. Here's the updated progress chart!

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Mewtwo is now released. One step closer to completing your Pokédex!

And of course, additional costumes because we never have enough slots for our ideas:

And of course, source PSDs for your very own Rainbow Armor Mewtwo. Yes, we're waiting for one of you to do it.

In addition, we've added Scout/Edel's Bowser to the pack, so here's a review of what you get:

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Red armor Mewtwo... now that's just plain beautiful.
This keeps getting better and better!

Taiko

Smash Ace
For mod savvy people with bandwidth caps, here's the new rim texture:

It simply goes over the Edge texture in the character files.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Question: are the previous DLC's also adjusted with the new textures? I'm gonna reinstall a few, so I'd just like to know while I download The Pack again (no bandwidth cap FTW).

EDIT: ...How long has that "RIP" backdrop on the progress chart's Sonic square been there?

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
Question: are the previous DLC's also adjusted with the new textures? I'm gonna reinstall a few, so I'd just like to know while I download The Pack again (no bandwidth cap FTW).

EDIT: ...How long has that "RIP" backdrop on the progress chart's Sonic square been there?
They've all been updated, so you can just redownload those the same way.
And you saw nothing.
That I should! Right away.
Transparent renders are always good for those, so here you go:
Edit: or that works too

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
That Mewtwo render is amazing. I thought the PMDT's version was good... but yours blows theirs out of the water.
Also, what is keeping Sonic from being released? Is the model that hard to optimize, or have you guys just not got around to it?

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
Edit: This post does not exist.
You can't escape my all-seeing Dio-eyes, Raccoon Chuck.
Also, what is keeping Sonic from being released? Is the model that hard to optimize, or have you guys just not got around to it?
Its a mix of both. Our early attempts ended up giving Sonic needle legs, and then when other people tried they either disappeared or got super busy with other things.
He's still planned obviously, just doesn't look like it'll be soon...
I want to believe
i see that R.I.P on sonic.....IS SONIC DEAD FROM ALL THAT WORK DONE TO HIM?
Yes, we killed Sonic. In future updates we'll remove him from the game and replace him with the ultimate life form, Shadow.

Fun fact: The Sonic update is shown ingame publicly in one of the character screenshot galleries (and has been there for months). Of course, it lagged the game like crazy, but it was worth it for that one screen.

Last edited:

Galen The Wise

Smash Apprentice
So, I'm tryin' to figure out which files I should be putting into the root of my SD card. There are two different Project M files and I'm a bit confused. Each one has different files in it so I'm not sure which I should be dragging and dropping.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Fun fact: The Sonic update is shown publicly in one of the character screenshot galleries (and has been there for months). Of course, it lagged the game like crazy, but it was worth it for that one screen.
ಠ_ಠ I'm actually pretty embarrassed from having taken this long to realize its existence... hiding in plain sight on Tumblr.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
YOU GUYS UPDATED KIRBYS RENDER IN THE PROGRESS CHART!@@@!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KIRBYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
Well, now I've got even more motivation for getting better with Mewtwo; I can learn how to use his Fair and Dair effectively while looking good at the same time :D

EDIT: Just checked out how Mewtwo looks in-game, and the improvement is astounding; amazing job as always guys!

Last edited:

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
Mewtwo...WITH ALTS! (Dr. Mario Hype!)

How amazing. It's a shame I don't have my sd card right now.

Juken

Smash Ace
Is it me, or is the Bowser really... off? It doesn't looks like Smash 4/3 to me.

Also would there ever be a Smash 3 retexture for the PM Mega Mewtwo X/Y?

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Is it me, or is the Bowser really... off? It doesn't looks like Smash 4/3 to me.

I love scout and all he does but I have to agree. I by no means wish to offend him but I think bowser should have another look taken at his texturing?

Thanks for doing what I cannot guys. Just added all the new updates to my build that's releasing soon.

Taiko

Smash Ace
So, I'm tryin' to figure out which files I should be putting into the root of my SD card. There are two different Project M files and I'm a bit confused. Each one has different files in it so I'm not sure which I should be dragging and dropping.
The one titled "projectm" is the one you want to merge with the one on your SD card. The "Project M" folder is just to divide it from the Brawl files (it does nothing if you just drag that to your SD).
ಠ_ಠ I'm actually pretty embarrassed from having taken this long to realize its existence... hiding in plain sight on Tumblr.
Sorry! Incorrect. I don't think it's on Tumblr either, you'll have to go through the character previews on Brawl Vault.

I love scout and all he does but I have to agree. I by no means wish to offend him but I think bowser should have another look taken at his texturing?
We've been updating his look overall, you can get a preview of what's coming here.
It's still WIP though, but the Bowser Scout made was dropped in favour of this model, and we thought it'd be a waste not to include it (same as Ike, in a sense).

As for Mega Mewtwo, it's not planned right now, but maybe after the project hits 1.0?

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl

While this image is a WIP of Kirby and Yoshi, there's a few things I'd like to point out.

- Kirby should be more vibrant, but also have softer colors.

- Kirby's eyes (the white and blue in them) need to be softened a little bit instead of being "solid" textures.

- Kirby's pink cheek thingies need to be more "solid", but have a softness around the edge.

- Kirby's mouth mostly used textures om Smash 4, so if it's not too hard, it'd be a great addition!

- kirby will be a fabulous chicken nugget

yoshi is yoshi so hes ok because yoshi but kirby

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
I am completely offended!
Nah, just kidding.

You see, this Bowser was made before smash 3 changed its goals. In the original smash 3, characters texturing had only one perspective to work with... nintendo-esque. And I was pretty new to the texturing scene waaaaaaaaaaay back last year.

Remember how odd Ganondorf looked before in the old smash 3? It turns out Bowser is an equal example of this. It just doesn't fit.

The new and better smash 3 requires me to utilize a more better model, and tweak him to appeal his style, the smash 4/3 style.
Then why did we released the outdated version? Because its the vBrawl model, and it would just be a waste to just throw it away, no?

ve been updating his look overall, you can get a preview of what's coming here.
It's still WIP though, but the Bowser Scout made was dropped in favour of this model, and we thought it'd be a waste not to include it (same as Ike, in a sense).

This is the model I'm working with. Noticable difference, he appears to look like more Smash 4 3ds.

Oh, and Giga was also released... with recolors for Project M.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord

... so I guess you guys are just gonna break up the models, take off the new pieces and put it over the Generations one, right? Was not expecting this.

Taiko

Smash Ace

... so I guess you guys are just gonna break up the models, take off the new pieces and put it over the Generations one, right? Was not expecting this.
That's the plan, assuming we can get the Generations model ingame.

TheTTimeLives

Smash Cadet
Just as a quick heads up to the dev team for Smash 3, please don't change your MK model too much now that he's confirmed for the new game. I don't think his new more grey armor pieces suit him that well and look kind of ugly when compared to the rest of the cast. It would be a shame to ruin your MK model (which in my opinion is one of the best ones you guys have done so far) just to be identical to the new game.

A metal texture, re-coloring the inside of the wings (there more red and differentiated from the main wing now) and adding the metal gloves would be cool, but I think the lighter/cleaner look of Meta Knight you guys made look way better than the deeper gray Meta Knight of the new game. If your going to update the model, I hope you guys at least keep the brighter tones/colors that made me really like your MK over the Brawl one in the first place.

Again, fantastic work guys as always. Just downloading the new textures now...

Juken

Smash Ace
What do you mean? His armor looks the same except for the added gauntlets, which I think looks cool and makes more sense for a knight to have on than just gloves.

The only difference I see between the Brawl one and Smash 4 one aside from the gauntlets is the slightly different shade of blue for his skin, and that his armor is actually more like steel.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
All I believe Smash 3 MK could use is the gauntlets and a spec map for the metals. I personally don't think the Smash 4 steel looks too different from Brawl, though it does look somewhat darker than Smash 3's. The body colors are fine as they currently are, but I wouldn't be upset if you guys wanted to change them for whatever reason.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Aren't they redoing MK anyway? Might as well make him match his Smash 4 look now that they have a frame of reference. All that needs to be done is make a new model for the gauntlets, make all of the armor pieces have a more metallic texture and fix the colors of his wings, shoulder pads and sword.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Can't hide anything from you guys can we?

But yes, that's the model we'll be using. Colour edits will be minor, so you guys don't need to worry about a drastic change to Meta Knight.

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
Mewtwo looks great, much better than what you previously showed, looking meaner than the teaser, but sleeker than the vP:M version, it's amazing!

And the armored version too! ZOMG!

Satan-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6402-0771
Wow those Mewtwo alts look beautiful. Downloaded the whole pack today.

Not sure if this has been brought up before but a Dry Bowser CSP with your SM4SH pose would be amazing. Of course, if it's not too much trouble. I just like my CSPs all looking the same and Dry Bowser feels left out.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Wow those Mewtwo alts look beautiful. Downloaded the whole pack today.

Not sure if this has been brought up before but a Dry Bowser CSP with your SM4SH pose would be amazing. Of course, if it's not too much trouble. I just like my CSPs all looking the same and Dry Bowser feels left out.
We'll probably do a new pose for Dry Bowser (and all the other Project M alts) when we finally get around to retexturing them (which may or may not take a while)..

Top Bottom