• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Satan-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6402-0771
We'll probably do a new pose for Dry Bowser (and all the other Project M alts) when we finally get around to retexturing them (which may or may not take a while)..
I see. I was kind of hoping you guys would just make the alt CSPs and not retexture them (yet), so all the portraits can match your custom portraits. That way, when you release or update a character, all the portraits look the same.

Either way, you guys do an amazing job and I'd be more than willing to wait. So yeah... take your time...

Taiko

Smash Ace
Hadn't thought of it since music is such a personal thing. Besides, we're not trying to turn Brawl into Smash 4, we're merely borrowing the visual style for an aesthetic update to Brawl.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
For those who are curious about what taiko mentioned about Sonic being shown.

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
Is there any way to move the timer of the Smash 3 HUD back to the center like it normally is in PM?

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Two questions:

1. Would you consider a Morton Koopa Jr. recolor for Bowser? I think it'd be neat but it's not an absolute priority and if you don't have the time for it, it's fine.

2. Is there somewhere I can find character renders for everyone?

Obskore

Smash Ace
btw guys, if someone else didn't notice before, the "DLC" costumes for Bowser come with slightly bigger CSPs than the original ones, just letting you know

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Two questions:

1. Would you consider a Morton Koopa Jr. recolor for Bowser? I think it'd be neat but it's not an absolute priority and if you don't have the time for it, it's fine.

btw guys, if someone else didn't notice before, the "DLC" costumes for Bowser come with slightly bigger CSPs than the original ones, just letting you know
We are currently working with a new Bowser model that will replace the previous one...

All fixes and any new recolors will be applied to his update.

Last edited:

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Two questions:
Alternatively, you can just ask for any of them here. We don't really have any where that they are easily available (without backgrounds) but we do share them upon request.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Alternatively, you can just ask for any of them here. We don't really have any where that they are easily available (without backgrounds) but we do share them upon request.
That's a mighty kind offer.

I was looking for the Mewtwo and Falco ones for my sig.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
That's a mighty kind offer.

I was looking for the Mewtwo and Falco ones for my sig.
Sure. Same goes for anyone else who is interested in having any renders background free. Just ask and someone will post them for you.

[collapse=The Goods]

[/collapse]

Taiko

Smash Ace
Two questions:

1. This is a good idea that I was considering! So my plans have just been revealed. Just going to save it for the new model, though.

2. To add onto what Shun said, they're also found in the character galleries now, though with backgrounds.
I'd like copies of Armored Mewtwo and Generations Sonic if you don't mind!

Thanks, don't know how we missed that. We'll try to fix them as soon as we can.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
I'm very curious about how you guys are going to handle Snake. He seems like a tough one.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
We've made a new blog post to address the lack of Kirby. Hopefully this also clears up why he's taking so long.
So... Kirby is taking so long because he is teaching Ganondorf the ways of the Warlock Punch?

Also, holy tamales that is one beautiful Ganondorf copy ability hat. The only problem I have with Kirby is that he's not pink enough. He needs his Smash 4 vibrancy.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
I'm curious how you guys will do wario... Does he even need that much changing?
Yes, he needs to look cleaner... polished textures and recolor him so he can appear like his mk8 self is being worked on. Biker Wario as need this as well, but instead, consistency is needed to work with him rather than reference.

Last edited:

ImpossiblyRood

Smash Apprentice
Yes, he needs to look cleaner... polished textures and recolor him so he can appear like his mk8 self is being worked on. Biker Wario as need this as well, but instead, consistency is needed to work with him rather than reference.

Sweet deal! Get them giant, creepy-as-butterballs teeth a'shinin'!

AbbiDood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShadyLion
Can you guys maybe tell me where I can get the "base" you guys use for your P:M CSS icons?

AbbiDood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShadyLion
Well, yea I am looking for the 80x56 CSS icon thing. That one you linked right there gives me a solid black background though, not the purple one Project M uses. Is it becouse I'm using Gimp, not Photoshop? I don't know.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Well, yea I am looking for the 80x56 CSS icon thing. That one you linked right there gives me a solid black background though, not the purple one Project M uses. Is it becouse I'm using Gimp, not Photoshop? I don't know.
Sorry about that, that's probably it. I'm not sure how much GIMP can open, but here's a second try. It should give you a background and a glow template that you can copy over, if not then I'm not sure how to make the glow GIMP-compatible.

AbbiDood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShadyLion
Yup, that's it. Thanks a bunch. =)
And I guess I should go ahead and add that Bowser, from what I've seen on your guys' blog, looks beyond sick. Keep it up

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
Wow. Nice work with the character updates. That mewtwo...... I've got a few questions pertaining to the overall project though...

1. When the project is complete, if i use cbliss with this, will i be able to have all reworked original costumes + reworked PM alts + smash 3 alts for all characters in the game?

2. Are you planning on doing stages? I really like the way the characters pop out on brawl's stages, but even still some stages look grainy, low-res and downright ugly. It's a shame because it really takes away from the pleasant look of the characters and hud.

2.5 (Sub-question) If you are planning on doing stages, what's the "look" going to be for them? Are you going to try and make them vibrant or dull them down a bit?

3. Are you working on a new menu theme to go with the smash 3 project? Please say yes.

4. Are you planning on doing all the other visuals that i didn't ask about specifically? (Items, Bosses, AT's, Mobs just to name a few.)

5. Do you like questions?

6. Can we expect to see Smash 3 before PM 3.5, after PM 3.5, alongside PM 3.5 or are you working on 20XX time?

7. Can i get a preview image?

8. Please?

9. On a scale of 1 - Sonic, how quickly is each character getting done amongst all the team members? (Just out of curiosity)

9.5 What's the average completion time for the characters completed thus far?

10. Whens Mahvel?

Sorry for the questionnaire.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
1. We have no plans for cBliss support right now, but it's not an impossibility later on in our project's lifespan.
2. Most likely not, but again, the possibility is there. It's just a matter of how far we're willing to go.
3. Not at the moment.
4. Perhaps...
5. Yes and no. It depends on a lot of different factors, though.
6. Most of our work is done in our spare time. We're not machines, you know.
7. Here you go.
8. Alright, for real this time.
9. There is no "x amount of time" for each character, because we all work at very different paces and intervals.
10. Okay, now you're just being silly.

Anything else that anyone needs to know, refer to our FAQ first before asking.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Dio confirmed for Smash 3.

I called it, guys. :teeth:

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
port the timer's bone translation values from PM
Finally got the time to edit it, thanks. Had to find what bones it was tied to and its InfTime_TopN. Only took me like 20 minutes :kirby2:

Last edited:
Top Bottom