• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
[collapse=the blog sometimes shows mysterious things]

[/collapse]
Beautiful. Yoshi and Kirby look very appealing with the brighter colours.

I'll be honest. Brawl Yoshi looked really jarring after Smash 4 Yoshi was shown.

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
I'm absolutely loving the progress of these textures. Every character looks "Nintendo-ized" for lack of a better term, especially when I started comparing these to the original Brawl designs. Needless to say, this is a massive improvement; thanks for all of the quality work you guys continue to put in :D

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Beautiful. Yoshi and Kirby look very appealing with the brighter colours.
I'll be honest. Brawl Yoshi looked really jarring after Smash 4 Yoshi was shown.
Everything Brawl looked pretty jarring... compared to smash 4. Well, the sandbag looked pretty nice.

Good lord, it's Team Fortress 2 all over again! Begone, Gaben! This is a sacred place!
Too late.

Last edited:

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
EDEL/SCOUT IS SPY!!!

Edit: Do you guy's have any plans to give Pit a custom model. I understand that his uprising design was based upon the one created for Brawl, but in actual comparison to the Uprising art etc Pit's Brawl model looks somewhat soulless. I honestly preffered the toonier look of the 3ds design.

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
Does the textures/sword effects work on wifi because i keep desyncing?
As Edel said, our stuff should all be wifi safe. If you're only using our stuff and still have issues, let us know and give us a bit more specific info and we'll try to fix it.

Broasty

Smash Journeyman
Yo keep up the awesome work guys, can't even begin to tell you how much everyone I've shown your skins to loves the Smash 3 project! Also...good luck on Snake.

KingDozie

Smash Journeyman
As Edel said, our stuff should all be wifi safe. If you're only using our stuff and still have issues, let us know and give us a bit more specific info and we'll try to fix it.
Probably the other player that kept desyncing

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
I'm curious. Since Captain Falcon just got revealed for Smash 4 with a slightly updated look, do you think this warrants an updated model/texture from you guys as well?

Taiko

Smash Ace
I'm curious. Since Captain Falcon just got revealed for Smash 4 with a slightly updated look, do you think this warrants an updated model/texture from you guys as well?
There isn't really anything we want to change with Falcon, so not right now. We came pretty close, surprisingly!

Birdo!

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2036-8689-4968
sorry if this has already been discussed but I didn't want to flip through all 26 pages. Is there a way to keep normal Project M seperate from Smash 3? Like if I wanted to switch between them?

JB_G.O.A.T.

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2165-6358-2520
There isn't really anything we want to change with Falcon, so not right now. We came pretty close, surprisingly!
First Thought that came to my head when i saw the new falcon was "that looks alot like smash 3 falcon"
Btw loving the Dio Robin, but i think that Dio Link looked a bit better. I think that a Dio Face mod is what project m Needs. Dio over everyone

Taiko

Smash Ace
Any plans for Smash 3 game & watch?
Depends on what you mean, but other than add a Dio face to him, we don't have anything planned at the moment.

(Also for anyone wishing this was real, it's not. Don't worry, I wish it was real too.)

JB_G.O.A.T.

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2165-6358-2520
Depends on what you mean, but other than add a Dio face to him, we don't have anything planned at the moment.

(Also for anyone wishing this was real, it's not. Don't worry, I wish it was real too.)
YOU THOUGHT IT WAS GAME AND WATCH, BUT IT WAS I, DIO!!

Edit: Just imagine, "UUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYY!" when you hit a 9 Hammer. Kreygasm.

Last edited:

Birdo!

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2036-8689-4968
I wasn't sure about this so I downloaded the Mario one and I am floored.
Downloading the rest of the pack now. Thank you for making Brawl look less dull and edgy.

MM125

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty new to Brawl modding, but is there a way to get all the extra costumes on without replacing any existing ones?

Taiko

Smash Ace
I'm pretty new to Brawl modding, but is there a way to get all the extra costumes on without replacing any existing ones?
There's something called cBliss that'll add extra costume slots, but it takes some advanced knowledge to figure out how to set up so it may not be for you. There's a tool by Mewtwo2000 that'll automatically configure the codes, but there are still files that you need to add (which I don't really know much about, so you'll need to find them yourself, sorry!)

Last edited:

Chingoku

Smash Rookie
Best pack ever, this looks very impresive, the textures are really good and the alternatives customs looks pretty cool, thanks for make this :kirby:

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
Hi team! I've read there are plans to redo some of the characters and leave others as is. is it possible to get a note of this next to those characters in the OP?

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Do you folks have any insight to offer regarding Roy's textures changes? I don't mean to force the question, but I am interested in the adjustments you plan on utilizing (Darker colors and added detail like ganon, or maybe something completely different to reach that Smash 4 likeness.)

Y-L

Smash Champion
Do you folks have any insight to offer regarding Roy's textures changes? I don't mean to force the question, but I am interested in the adjustments you plan on utilizing (Darker colors and added detail like ganon, or maybe something completely different to reach that Smash 4 likeness.)
Roy has already been done

Taiko

Smash Ace
Haven't really started yet, but we'd like to get some model changes in as well as a bit more depth to the textures. You probably won't see it for a while, though.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Considering all the extra zest you are adding the the boi, I think it's only right that you guys take all the time and patience you require. Once again, thanks for this project! Best texture project I've ever witnessed progress!

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy

He's around the block.

This is the classic S3 perspective Bowser. He was scratched due to the new better perspective that required the new model. Since he was literally done, it would be a waste to just delete him, so I'm releasing him soon, as the former Smash 3 Bowser... he will be unofficial, but he's the product of our team.

Last edited:

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike

He's around the block.

This is the classic S3 perspective Bowser. He was scratched due to the new better perspective that required the new model. Since he was literally done, it would be a waste to just delete him, so I'm releasing him soon, as the former Smash 3 Bowser... he will be unofficial, but he's the product of our team.
Yes please :D

Top Bottom