• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Wow; love the new direction you guys are going in. Can't wait for Sonic to get his finishing touches, especially with the higher definition style!

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
As long as i'm not being rude or saying anything inappropriate, ill say whatever I want. you're a real piece of work guy.
You misunderstand his intention. He's talking about your habit of double or triple posting random or "unimportant" things. And he's right.

Take this for example.
@ Shun_one Shun_one Are you really a white guy with blonde hair? I always pictured you as an asian guy.
It's not really wrong or anything, but even you have to admit it's pretty random and unnecessary.

Last edited:

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
You misunderstand his intention. He's talking about your habit of double or triple posting random or "unimportant" things. And he's right.

Take this for example.

It's not really wrong or anything, but even you have to admit it's pretty random and unnecessary.
who cares? you guys have some pretty inflated egos.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
who cares? you guys have some pretty inflated egos.
You know what? Whatever! For now on I (and probably the whole team, and a few fans, lurkers, etc) will just ignore the inmature stuff you say, and hope for a mod to put in some maturity to you eventually. I only opened my mouth to tell you to please stop embarasing yourself and keep things orderly, thats it.
There had been already a conondrum a few days back, a full page worth of fighting/arguing with someone and spamming. Lets not make another page that, so lets drop it before shots get fired, again. This is me being a "piece of work", and a D... notice the difference? Yeah, happens rarely... congrats! I did not refer to name calling.

Now if you excuse me, I have to polish King Koopa's shell, he is desperate to fight against Smash 3 everyone.

Last edited:

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
You know what? Whatever! For now on I (and probably the whole team, and a few fans, lurkers, etc) will just ignore the inmature stuff you say, and hope for a mod to put in some maturity to you eventually. I only opened my mouth to tell you to please stop embarasing yourself and keep things orderly, thats it.
There had been already a conondrum a few days back, a full page worth of fighting/arguing with someone and spamming. Lets not make another page that, so lets drop it before shots get fired, again. This is me being a "piece of work", and a D... notice the difference? Yeah, happens rarely... congrats! I did not refer to name calling.

Now if you excuse me, I have to polish King Koopa's shell, he is desperate to fight against Smash 3 everyone.
That's why I stopped responding, but you had to get the last word after all huh? Just drop it man. You're rude.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Please drop it.
Honestly, I don't like seeing all this flaming going on. uCool, specifically looking at you.
Saying others are being rude and proclaiming a right of speech to say whatever easily leads to off topic discussion. This thread is for the project's announcements, discussion about the project and previews from the developers, and reporting issues with textures and menus, not having some problem with the creators and designers of the project or calling them out. No offense, but your actions speak for themselves. It's insulting and borderline flaming, which is against Smashboards Code of Conduct.

I come and use this as my primary mod build since it's first reveal, and I'm sick of seeing any flaming or troll attempts or sparks starting. The intention is clear from many standpoints, and if you truly do not wish to such actions, then you may want to rephrase your words.

For anyone else:
To emulate the words of a mod, if you have an issue with a user, either ignore them or send it to Forum Support if it's a serious offense. Even better, if a post violates conduct and in-thread rules, report the post to staff members for the reason.

As for that Squirtle, it's looking pretty hype.

Last edited:

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Please drop it.
Honestly, I don't like seeing all this flaming going on. uCool, specifically looking at you.
Saying others are being rude and proclaiming a right of speech to say whatever easily leads to off topic discussion. This thread is for the project's announcements, discussion about the project and previews from the developers, and reporting issues with textures and menus, not having some problem with the creators and designers of the project or calling them out. No offense, but your actions speak for themselves. It's insulting and borderline flaming, which is against Smashboards Code of Conduct.

I come and use this as my primary mod build since it's first reveal, and I'm sick of seeing any flaming or troll attempts or sparks starting. The intention is clear from many standpoints, and if you truly do not wish to such actions, then you may want to rephrase your words.

For anyone else:
To emulate the words of a mod, if you have an issue with a user, either ignore them or send it to Forum Support if it's a serious offense. Even better, if a post violates conduct and in-thread rules, report the post to staff members for the reason.

As for that Squirtle, it's looking pretty hype.

Although personally, I'm in anticipation for my stubby armed Fire Dragon. :006:

GnOME

Smash Rookie
It's looks as though it's all coming along so well! Is there a Lucas or Pit teaser screenshot?

(p.s. Shun your vibrant blue Lucas is my favourite texture)

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
You guys are about to Falco* me again aren't you?

*Make me want to main/sub another character because of how good they look when I should focus on my current mainstays.

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
I'm not exactly sure what's causing all the tension in this thread but whatever it is needs to stop. Watching this thread now.
I have an idea...why don't we all just shut up unless you have something good to say. :dazwa:

Edit: not being rude to mod, more so agreeing.

Last edited:

ImpossiblyRood

Smash Apprentice
WHY CAN'T WEEEEEEEEEEEE BE FRIEEEEEEEEENDS? WHY CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN'T WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BE FRIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENDS?!

Joking aside, though, for once. From what I can see, our collective conclusion is that we should not be making judgement of character based on ill-thought-out comments, and we should also not turn our attentions too far from either the project or from smash in general. I think we should just pretend this fiasco never existed and just be friends. If not friends, then just neutral acquaintances who don't talk to each other. Seems good to me. Yay!

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Shouldn't we actually be talking about the Smash 3 project rather than talking about something that has no relevance to the project and only serves to tick off the other users? I'm getting a bit anxious to see the other Pokemon Trainer Pokemon after seeing Squirtle. Such a smooth shell.

ImpossiblyRood

Smash Apprentice
So it seems like you guys are juggling a lot of new characters for the next update (if not that, then are at least still working on a lot of things). In any case, do you think we could get some kind of idea as to what we'll be getting in that update once you guys have it ready?

tl;dr - What's gonna be in the next update?

Taiko

Smash Ace
So it seems like you guys are juggling a lot of new characters for the next update (if not that, then are at least still working on a lot of things). In any case, do you think we could get some kind of idea as to what we'll be getting in that update once you guys have it ready?

tl;dr - What's gonna be in the next update?
It won't be a massive update. They'll be released one by one when they're ready!

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I am not sure what happened either, but thank you Toaster.

We like Ike.
Ike likes Ike.
Hype likes Ike!
I LIKE IKE!

No, seriously, this is awesome. I love how you guys are taking your time an releasing it when it gets done instead of just waiting a long time to release a pack, and not just leaving people in the dark.
That way you aren't rushing anything, and that way, we get high quality stuff. Kudos yet again, Smash 3 Team.

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
You guys have probably been wondering what we'd do with Ike now that Smash 4 Ike was announced!

Well, we originally planned to use Radiant Dawn Ike for Smash 3 since Marth got an updated appearance as well. Here's a small look behind the scenes at what we orignally had planned:

We stopped it there since we couldn't quite get the model the way we wanted. This is extremely early in development (none of it works ingame), but I thought you guys would like to see what we were going to go with.

That said, we still plan to roll with Brawl/Ranger Ike for the time being, but you can expect us to pick up work on Radiant Dawn Ike at a later point in time.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
A proper Vanguard Ike would be immensely appreciated considering the only other one was a decent vertex mod that looks clunky nowadays.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Love me some Ike! Looks great so far. I hope you'll keep his beige color scheme (for completely selfish reasons!).

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
You guys have probably been wondering what we'd do with Ike now that Smash 4 Ike was announced!

Well, we originally planned to use Radiant Dawn Ike for Smash 3 since Marth got an updated appearance as well. Here's a small look behind the scenes at what we orignally had planned:

We stopped it there since we couldn't quite get the model the way we wanted. This is extremely early in development (none of it works ingame), but I thought you guys would like to see what we were going to go with.

That said, we still plan to roll with Brawl/Ranger Ike for the time being, but you can expect us to pick up work on Radiant Dawn Ike at a later point in time.
Is there any chance of a PoR Lord Ike? That's still the best look the character has ever had.

Loachy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Loachy
3DS FC
3780-9091-2349
What exactly was the issue with the model you guys were working on?? It looks swell!
Was it because you couldn't make him all beefy? 'Cause I'd hardly consider that an issue.

Taiko

Smash Ace
What exactly was the issue with the model you guys were working on?? It looks swell!
Was it because you couldn't make him all beefy? 'Cause I'd hardly consider that an issue.
We couldn't really get it to look right. Instead it looked more like a "teenage gang leader" Ike than a "strong leader" Ike which is why we abandoned it partway. Now that we have a reference though, we have a much better idea!

ImpossiblyRood

Smash Apprentice
He's as beefy as a Blubb-o's "Think'n'naaaaaaasty" sandwitch. 300% beef with beef sprinkles, two t-bone steaks as a bun and then deep-fried.

Even though I don't play Ike or know anyone that does, I'm still really psyched for his release in both smash 3 and smash 4. Smash 3 since I always felt his recolors were lacking and smash 4 because - according to me, apparently - he's built like a sandwich with more meat in it than any two cows on earth.

Top Bottom