• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Second Best Wario Ware Employee: Mona for SSB4 (It's Been An Honor Serving Hot Slices Until Now)

Marrow

Speak softly and carry a Thick Club
3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
So this just came to mind, so sorry for the double post, but how do you guys think Mona's normals might work? Will she be all hammerspace, like Villager, or will there be punches and kicks in there? Me personally, I'm hoping for mostly hammerspace, with a good sex kick and a couple other punch/kick moves. As for what the other attacks, I'm actually hoping for a HS swordfighter of sorts, where all the attacks are about the same range, but with different objects.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So this just came to mind, so sorry for the double post, but how do you guys think Mona's normals might work? Will she be all hammerspace, like Villager, or will there be punches and kicks in there? Me personally, I'm hoping for mostly hammerspace, with a good sex kick and a couple other punch/kick moves. As for what the other attacks, I'm actually hoping for a HS swordfighter of sorts, where all the attacks are about the same range, but with different objects.
Hammerspace mostly since WarioWare is one of those games that screw logic half of the time. Glass of water, passing baton, banana peel, and any other material form her Strange micro games can work as normals. It wouldn't be too much to have some kicks since her legs should be useful enough for such attacks (She's an athletic girl after all).

Marrow

3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
Hammerspace mostly since WarioWare is one of those games that screw logic half of the time. Glass of water, passing baton, banana peel, and any other material form her Strange micro games can work as normals. It wouldn't be too much to have some kicks since her legs should be useful enough for such attacks (She's an athletic girl after all).
What about the range? Do you think it'll be all over the place, or set in a particular area around Mona?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
What about the range? Do you think it'll be all over the place, or set in a particular area around Mona?
Decent range should be good enough because I'd only imagine projectiles being useful for longer range. That's where she shines the most if the police car chase in the first game meant anything.

Marrow

3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
Hey, so I was looking at this pic of a possible Smash set for Banjo-Kazooie and thought, "hey, I have a moveset for a character not in the game yet, I could do like fifty drawings." When I went to the page, I saw there were some flaws, mostly in wording. So, after some much-needed tweaks and a few ideas from the moveset in the OP, I've re-updated the page again! I've added ledge/get-up attacks, changed a couple moves to try and avoid repeats, and altered her side-B customs.

Viewable at http://justpaste.it/smashmona

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey, so I was looking at this pic of a possible Smash set for Banjo-Kazooie and thought, "hey, I have a moveset for a character not in the game yet, I could do like fifty drawings." When I went to the page, I saw there were some flaws, mostly in wording. So, after some much-needed tweaks and a few ideas from the moveset in the OP, I've re-updated the page again! I've added ledge/get-up attacks, changed a couple moves to try and avoid repeats, and altered her side-B customs.

Viewable at http://justpaste.it/smashmona
Damn! Sorry I didn't get to see your moveset at first since things were pretty busy last week with all these ballot images I've been working on for the Daisy side of things.

Anyways, loving the improvements you've done with the moveset and it looks better than before. Nice job, Mr. Marowak. ;)

Marrow

3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
Damn! Sorry I didn't get to see your moveset at first since things were pretty busy last week with all these ballot images I've been working on for the Daisy side of things.

Anyways, loving the improvements you've done with the moveset and it looks better than before. Nice job, Mr. Marowak. ;)
Aww thanks buddy. Good luck with the Daisy hype! ;)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So I'm gonna bump this asking if anyones voting for Mona in the ballot?
I've already casted my vote a while ago. Since there's not that much publicity for her support in the ballot unlike Daisy, I might plan on whipping up something for her next week when finals are less busy.

Marrow

3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
Oh hey, check this out! I made a little sig banner for Mona! I couldn't find a little sprite to put in that big blank space, but if you find one that fits feel free to add it!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh hey, check this out! I made a little sig banner for Mona! I couldn't find a little sprite to put in that big blank space, but if you find one that fits feel free to add it!
Great, I'll see if I can add this somewhere in the OP so that people can use it.

In other news, someone on DeviantArt has the right idea of whip the vote for. But the problem is that we need to spread it since little people were in agreement with him. And to let you know, this guy is a huge Mona fan that would do all sorts of nice fanart with her (sometimes it goes into the risqué territory though).

Marrow

3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
Great, I'll see if I can add this somewhere in the OP so that people can use it.

In other news, someone on DeviantArt has the right idea of whip the vote for. But the problem is that we need to spread it since little people were in agreement with him. And to let you know, this guy is a huge Mona fan that would do all sorts of nice fanart with her (sometimes it goes into the risqué territory though).

Awesome! What's the user's name?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Awesome! What's the user's name?
His name is nevarkun and he had been working on library for four years. Only few of his favorite ones like this one are colored later on. You can check out the rest of his stuff if you are interested.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sorry for the double post, but I'd like you fellow Mona supporters know that I'm done making that new support image. I was originally going to have a Mona's Pizza background, then I've remembered that the original image itself was too small and resizing would make it too pixelated. So that's where I've settled for Gold Digger since I want this image to seem like an actual microgame with a wacky tagline (complete with the allusion to picking noses) and referencing what side of WarioWare that she could represent. The image of Classic Mona is used because let's face it, she looks so much better unlike her current outfit in Game & Wario and most fans prefer that version of her being playable.

Are there any problems or does it look good?

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Sorry for the double post, but I'd like you fellow Mona supporters know that I'm done making that new support image. I was originally going to have a Mona's Pizza background, then I've remembered that the original image itself was too small and resizing would make it too pixelated. So that's where I've settled for Gold Digger since I want this image to seem like an actual microgame with a wacky tagline (complete with the allusion to picking noses) and referencing what side of WarioWare that she could represent. The image of Classic Mona is used because let's face it, she looks so much better unlike her current outfit in Game & Wario and most fans prefer that version of her being playable.

It looks good! The only problem is the "Smash Ballot" and the Smash Bros logo that are a bit flattened, but other than that, it's pretty funny. And quite strange... So it's perfect for Mona! :awesome:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It looks good! The only problem is the "Smash Ballot" and the Smash Bros logo that are a bit flattened, but other than that, it's pretty funny. And quite strange... So it's perfect for Mona! :awesome:
Indeed, I've gotten a laugh out of the idea and felt that it was "Wario" enough to suit this campaign. Fixing the logos should be no problem since it just needs a minor touch up to reach perfection. This is going to be the next thing that will be submitted to my DA since there are plenty of Mona fans there that might like it.

Not surprised why activity here was on the slow side since I've been busy with a few other projects, mainly Takamaru. But it's good to help out anyone within these last few months of the ballot's lifespan. My next project will have to be the Rhythm Girl, but I might put that on hold since a Smashification had already happened.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I take it that it was successful at having that hilarious message?

If so, then I'm that I've made your day with that image. It would have been a wasted oppurtunity if I didn't go for the nose picking metaphor at first. :laugh:
Trust me. You were definitely right on making that poster for Mona.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I did day 1.
Good for you for being generous enough of doing so. WarioWare in general needs more love since fans would rather waste their time whining about Wario's moveset than doing so.

If you aren't already on the list, then I'll make sure to do so.

zon

Smash Cadet
Good for you for being generous enough of doing so. WarioWare in general needs more love since fans would rather waste their time whining about Wario's moveset than doing so.

If you aren't already on the list, then I'll make sure to do so.
I don't think I'm on the list.

zon

Smash Cadet
Good because I've just added you there. Enjoy becoming a part of Mona's Organization for Pizza and Dinosaur Bashing. ;)
Thank you. I think Mona would be fun to play as. And one of my favorite characters from WarioWare.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
While searching for new Smash art on Pixiv, I've accidentally ran into nevarkun's (That Mona fan artist) more NSFW art. :nervous:

The fact that he's going out of his way to send his art there and translate it in Japanese shows how desperately he wants people to vote for her. So I guess that old saying of "sex sells for anything" isn't going too far off.

zon

Smash Cadet
While searching for new Smash art on Pixiv, I've accidentally ran into nevarkun's (That Mona fan artist) more NSFW art. :nervous:

The fact that he's going out of his way to send his art there and translate it in Japanese shows how desperately he wants people to vote for her. So I guess that old saying of "sex sells for anything" isn't going too far off.
Wow lol. I drew a Mona picture for the miiverse stage lol.

zon

Smash Cadet
I made an other Mona picture for Wario Miiverse. This time base off Game & Wario.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I made an other Mona picture for Wario Miiverse. This time base off Game & Wario.
Cute, especially with the eyes. I should have known that you can practically do free advertising with the Miiverse stage (I really need to do so on my free time when using my own Wii U next week).

zon

Smash Cadet
If that happens I swear to god I will hack a Wii U and put Mona into the game myself

In other news, smashified also favorited my tweet which pretty much said "IS IT MONA?!?". hint hint?
That would be awesome!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I've started working on a little something for Mona myself. Hopefully it turns out alright and can show some of it soon. c:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I've started working on a little something for Mona myself. Hopefully it turns out alright and can show some of it soon. c:
So you are working on both Toon Zelda and Mona? That's actually pretty good and I hope to see a beta screenshot (or the final product when it's fully finished) of her model in the near future. If there's one thing that rarely exist, it's 3D models of Mona.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
So you are working on both Toon Zelda and Mona? That's actually pretty good and I hope to see a beta screenshot (or the final product when it's fully finished) of her model in the near future. If there's one thing that rarely exist, it's 3D models of Mona.
I'm almost done with Toon Zelda. I'm just taking a little break from her and decided to work on someone else for now. I thought I should try doing Mona next. I started working on her today but I'm already pretty far along with her now. I'm really starting to improve on my pace with character modelling which is great If I'm hoping to start my potential career on games development. c:

And sure, I'll show my progress once I get to the texture painting part. c:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Boy, is that the truth....

Top Bottom