• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Second Best Wario Ware Employee: Mona for SSB4 (It's Been An Honor Serving Hot Slices Until Now)

smashkirby

Smash Hero
And then Palutena would tease him for it, perfect. It's such a huge missed opportunity on the team's part, though it's truly understandable since Game & Wario was quite the mixed bag to both fans and critics. I wouldn't be surprised if they were to return back to the usual WarioWare microgames in a future game (Preferably on the 3DS or next gen Nintendo handheld).
Actually, would you mind maybe adding that to your Palutena's Guidance for Mona?...:lol:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Actually, would you mind maybe adding that to your Palutena's Guidance for Mona?...:lol:
I would do that, though normally Palutena's Guidances aren't that long (Usually up to 6-7 bits of dialogue). Though I'll complete your request when I actually get back from a delivery.

A Wario character would be awesome, I support.
Chandelure, my fellow Kirby fan! I'll make sure to add you to the support list in a bit. ;)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Add me to the support list!
Alright, you are now an honorary member of Mona's Pizza. :awesome:

@ smashkirby smashkirby Here's the extended Palutena's Guidance with the perfect ending. :troll:

Did someone say "Palutena Guidance"? :troll:

Pit: "There's something odd about this woman and I just can't put my finger on it Maybe it's because she has that sweet scent of pizza from her outfit"

Palutena: "Say hello to the owner of the the famed restaurant Mona's Pizza, Mona. But that's not the only profession that she has."

Pit: "So you are saying that owning a pizza restaurant isn't the only thing she's known for, Lady Palutena?"

Palutena: "Precisely, my curious angel. She had worked in an ice cream store, sold dumpling in a stand, had her very own band, worked as an amusement park attendant, snapped photos as a news reporter, and...."

Pit: "Wow, just thinking about all of these jobs makes my head spin. Is that all she really does Palutena?"

Palutena: "Relax Pit, there was one last job that I forgot to mention. She works in WarioWare Inc. as the the lead designer of microgames of the "Strange" genre. That means the type of games that involves sniffing up snot, knocking away melons as a marionette, and many more""

Pit: "Words cannot describe what I've just heard from that last one. I'm guessing that this presumably normal pizza girl is an unpredictable opponent to face."

Palutena: "Correcto mundo, Pit. If there's one last thing for me to mention, it's to look out for her friends like the Monettes or her skilled pets since they could easily give you a run for your money. Get it, because you need money in order to order that delicious hot slice."

Pit: "I wouldn't mind having a hot slice from her pizza place since I do kinda of ... want to know more about her."

Palutena: "So you really do love her after all. So tell me, which part of her attracts you the most: her cheerful personality or the cute outfit that she's wearing."

Pit: "Lady Palutena, it's not what it sounds like and her outfit is the least of my....."

Palutena: "How cute, you are getting as red as a cherry. Now you'll definitely have a disadvantage when fighting a girl like her, my little angel."

Pit: "PALUTEEEEEEEEENAAAAAAAA!"
:laugh:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys, how do you think the WarioWare cast (Mona included) would look reacting to the Wario's Wario Waft being used on all them? I always noticed Wario used the move in Smash, especially in Brawl's E3 2006 trailer, so I've wondered how it would look and play out in a WarioWare game, since he's never seen farting in that.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey guys, how do you think the WarioWare cast (Mona included) would look reacting to the Wario's Wario Waft being used on all them? I always noticed Wario used the move in Smash, especially in Brawl's E3 2006 trailer, so I've wondered how it would look and play out in a WarioWare game, since he's never seen farting in that.
Given that there was one microgame in Smooth Moves where you had to waft Wario's gas away (Which could be the inspiration for the move), I would imagine that most of them would be terrified like that boy would when he had to handle that. As for Ashley, she would most likely not react at all since she had been involved in many screw-ups with her spells.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Given that there was one microgame in Smooth Moves where you had to waft Wario's gas away (Which could be the inspiration for the move), I would imagine that most of them would be terrified like that boy would when he had to handle that. As for Ashley, she would most likely not react at all since she had been involved in many screw-ups with her spells.
You have a point there!:chuckle: I just wish I could see a picture of something like that! It would probably be hilarious to see! I could probably picture some of the WarioWare cast taking the place of the "victims" in SSBB's E3 trailer, for example: Mario - Jimmy T., Link - Young Cricket, Kirby - Kat and Ana, Pikachu - Ashley and Red, but Red would be terrified, Meta Knight - Orbulon, Pit - 9-Volt, and Zero Suit Samus - Mona. Also, what boy are you talking about?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You have a point there!:chuckle: I just wish I could see a picture of something like that! It would probably be hilarious to see! I could probably picture some of the WarioWare cast taking the place of the "victims" in SSBB's E3 trailer, for example: Mario - Jimmy T., Link - Young Cricket, Kirby - Kat and Ana, Pikachu - Ashley and Red, but Red would be terrified, Meta Knight - Orbulon, Pit - 9-Volt, and Zero Suit Samus - Mona. Also, what boy are you talking about?
The boy who appeared in that said microgame who is suffocating from Wario's fart. As far as I can remember, you had to fully waft the gas away for him to be happy in an anime-esque manner (With a saddened Wario's still shaking his big butt). It was a part of Tiny Wario's microgames (Which were the last set in WarioWare Smooth Moves) was among my favorites along with the one when you had to slap Wario awake.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
The boy who appeared in that said microgame who is suffocating from Wario's fart. As far as I can remember, you had to fully waft the gas away for him to be happy in an anime-esque manner (With a saddened Wario's still shaking his big butt). It was a part of Tiny Wario's microgames (Which were the last set in WarioWare Smooth Moves) was among my favorites along with the one when you had to slap Wario awake.
Oh, I see. You know, for the thing I suggested earlier today about Wario farting in front of the WarioWare cast in the style of what he did in Brawl's trailer, I wonder if by some chance, someone actually did have a fan art pic of that, or if someone could make that. I'm not much of an artist myself, you know.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh, I see. You know, for the thing I suggested earlier today about Wario farting in front of the WarioWare cast in the style of what he did in Brawl's trailer, I wonder if by some chance, someone actually did have a fan art pic of that, or if someone could make that. I'm not much of an artist myself, you know.
There are some artists that can be asked like @exaggeratedhonesty (Who left a while ago), @Hotfeet444 (Who's MIA), and @ Bedoop Bedoop . Other than that, I don't such fanart exists on the Internet.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
b.png

I'm all alone in this big old castle.
Just gonna chill here. :kirby64:

Wait a second
how did I get here?
This isn't the Social Thread! 0_o

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Wait
How did
I
get here
This isn't the social thread
0_o
Would you want to draw that WarioWare parody for smashkirby?
I do not think that is in my ability to do.
Terribly sorry, it's just that the drawing in question is not exactly my forte.

Marrow

Speak softly and carry a Thick Club
3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
Amazing moveset! You know, I wonder if Mona is one of the characters Sakurai would keep in mind to make as DLC...
Aw thanks buddy! And that's a good question. What if Mona was one of the characters cut due to time constraints, like Bowser Jr. almost was? Now I'm all curious just to see who didn't make it all the way in

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
For those of you interested, I wrote up a moveset for what I imagine Mona could play like. Tell me what you think of it! :]
This is practically be of the best move sets I've seen of her. Having Gold Digger (One of the more famous Microgames) as a special makes so much sense and these ideas sounds a quirkier than mines. The Final Smash again sounds so much better some she did spend most of her time on her Moped and the aerials are gold. Nice job Mr. Marowak. ;)

Marrow

3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
This is practically be of the best move sets I've seen of her. Having Gold Digger (One of the more famous Microgames) as a special makes so much sense and these ideas sounds a quirkier than mines. The Final Smash again sounds so much better some she did spend most of her time on her Moped and the aerials are gold. Nice job Mr. Marowak. ;)
Aaaaaaa thank you!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Aw thanks buddy! And that's a good question. What if Mona was one of the characters cut due to time constraints, like Bowser Jr. almost was? Now I'm all curious just to see who didn't make it all the way in
Yeah, Mona has always seemed like the type of character that Sakurai probably had in mind, but sadly, had to cut in the end. I don't know why, but I've personally thought Mona's Final Smash would be something along the lines of Duck Hunt's Final Smash, where her pets would rush into someone like the ducks would do and if it hit, Mona's cheer-leading friends would attack somehow and send the opponents flying.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So I've updated the moveset I came up with, adding customs and victory animations. What do you guys think?
Nice, especially the ideas for her customs. The Victory Animations also sound funny enough to suit her character. Again, this is some fantastic work that you've did Mr. Marowak. ;)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey did I ever get added to the support list? I didn't see my name on it
Sorry, I'll add you to the list as soon as possible. Normally I'm used to people saying that they support the character or ask to be on the list beforehand. :laugh:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Well if we don't get 9-Volt or Young Cricket I'm all for this
I'll support.

Marrow

3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
Oh, I've been making some of Mona's alts. You can look at them at good ol' here. Open the images in a new tab to see them full-sized.

I tried my best to make a true amalgamation of the character, such as using the proportions of newer iterations while keeping her original hairstyle for every alt. It's easier on me, and if she gets in, it would be easier on the modelers too. That's also why they all have the same pose a la Villager.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well if we don't get 9-Volt or Young Cricket I'm all for this
I'll support.
I've added you to the list just in case you're actually supporting. Any new WarioWare rep is fine with me since Sakurai loves it more than Wario Land. :laugh:

Oh, I've been making some of Mona's alts. You can look at them at good ol' here. Open the images in a new tab to see them full-sized.

I tried my best to make a true amalgamation of the character, such as using the proportions of newer iterations while keeping her original hairstyle for every alt. It's easier on me, and if she gets in, it would be easier on the modelers too. That's also why they all have the same pose a la Villager.

These actually don't look half bad, especially some of the attempts at making some of her older outfits like the Cheerleader and Rockstar outfit. The pose you have chosen for each alt/color looks pretty dynamic enough to suit her cheerful character, which makes up for the hard work that was done. Again, these look rather nice and I appreciate the work you've done Mr. Marowak. :)

Marrow

3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
These actually don't look half bad, especially some of the attempts at making some of her older outfits like the Cheerleader and Rockstar outfit. The pose you have chosen for each alt/color looks pretty dynamic enough to suit her cheerful character, which makes up for the hard work that was done. Again, these look rather nice and I appreciate the work you've done Mr. Marowak. :)
Hey thanks man! I appreciate it. :love:

smashkirby

Smash Hero

This looks amazing! I could totally see Mona having a moveset like this in Smash! Also, in case I haven't said it yet, I know her chances aren't all that likely, but Mona is my #1 wanted character from the Wario series as a whole ("Land" and "Ware") to be playable in Smash!

Last edited:

Marrow

3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
Man i wonder if these people are sick of me yet
Oh hey, I decided to put all the alts, full-sized, into a gif, which can be viewed below the spoiler.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Man i wonder if these people are sick of me yet
Oh hey, I decided to put all the alts, full-sized, into a gif, which can be viewed below the spoiler.

Nice job, I'm actually ichting to have that as my new signature. :p

Marrow

3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
Hey guys, I was just thinking maybe we could replace the header image in the OP. It's a nice piece, don't get me wrong, but maybe one with all of her iterations in mind would suit better?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey guys, I was just thinking maybe we could replace the header image in the OP. It's a nice piece, don't get me wrong, but maybe one with all of her iterations in mind would suit better?
Sounds like a plan, it does need a bit of a change since Gonzales's art didn't really age well in the long run (still one of the best trophy art I've seen in a while).

Do you have any ideas of where to find that replacement or are you going to make it?

Marrow

3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
Sounds like a plan, it does need a bit of a change since Gonzales's art didn't really age well in the long run (still one of the best trophy art I've seen in a while).

Do you have any ideas of where to find that replacement or are you going to make it?
I was maybe thinking we could use the one I already had made.

Top Bottom