• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Second Best Wario Ware Employee: Mona for SSB4 (It's Been An Honor Serving Hot Slices Until Now)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Update: We now have a colorful new OP image (or shall I say gif) and all credit goes to the creator @ Marrow Marrow . ;)

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Let's hope Mona gets enough votes! Considering her biggest threat, Ashley is currently out of the running, Mona may have a chance if we get enough people to vote for her.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Guys, according to this supposed leak, we're in the running as a "fighting chancer!" I don't know if it's real or not but if so we're looking pretty good.
Hawlucha? Monita? Fossil Fighter? Slippy Toad? Several of these forerunners and ideas seem rather shocking since their support haven't been vocal.

Either way, that is a pretty interesting leak and it even states that the characters who already had a role may have a chance in the next game. As much as I don't like being pessimistic, I wouldn't mind for this to be highly credible.

Edit: I've shared it at the Leaks Thread and it's confirmed as fake. Sorry to tell you this, @ Marrow Marrow .

Last edited:

Marrow

Speak softly and carry a Thick Club
3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
Hawlucha? Monita? Fossil Fighter? Slippy Toad? Several of these forerunners and ideas seem rather shocking since their support haven't been vocal.

Either way, that is a pretty interesting leak and it even states that the characters who already had a role may have a chance in the next game. As much as I don't like being pessimistic, I wouldn't mind for this to be highly credible.

Edit: I've shared it at the Leaks Thread and it's confirmed as fake. Sorry to tell you this, @ Marrow Marrow .
Ehhhh... figures. Ah well, we can still get Mona in! Keep voting friends!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I voted for Mona today!
Fantastic, I knew that you would give the pizza girl he dough. You wouldn't even want to know all the tro be she had been through trying to deliver pizzas and avoiding psychos like the Dinosaurs. :troll:

But all jokes aside, thanks for the vote. She still have a long way to go since Ashley's legions of fanboys are still spam voting for her like Waluigi.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Fantastic, I knew that you would give the pizza girl he dough. You wouldn't even want to know all the tro be she had been through trying to deliver pizzas and avoiding psychos like the Dinosaurs. :troll:

But all jokes aside, thanks for the vote. She still have a long way to go since Ashley's legions of fanboys are still spam voting for her like Waluigi.
To be fair, I also plan on voting for Ashley, so I'm not really helping Embarrass If anything, I'm helping for Warioware's popularity.

But Ashley, while being slightly above Mona in my want list, have something against her: being an Assist Trophy. More importantly, being an unique assist.

I do believe that some AT can become playable with enough votes. Takamaru for example, especially considering he was considered. As an AT he his not that original: he jump, slash and throw things.

But Ashley? It's totally unique. Removing her from the AT would make a bigger "hole", compared to Saki or even Waluigi.

Marrow

3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
To be fair, I also plan on voting for Ashley, so I'm not really helping Embarrass If anything, I'm helping for Warioware's popularity.

But Ashley, while being slightly above Mona in my want list, have something against her: being an Assist Trophy. More importantly, being an unique assist.

I do believe that some AT can become playable with enough votes. Takamaru for example, especially considering he was considered. As an AT he his not that original: he jump, slash and throw things.

But Ashley? It's totally unique. Removing her from the AT would make a bigger "hole", compared to Saki or even Waluigi.
I agree, in that Ashley's assist probably won't be removed. Hell, almost none will, unless overwhelming fan backlash for someone like Takamaru started flooding in. Mona has basically the best shot for a Wario rep, except for maybe Captain Syrup (RIP Wario Land :'( ) or Waluigi, who's already an assist.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, Mona is best Warioware rep. Syrup the best Warioland rep. Or the only Warioland rep, considering how Wario is.

Waluigi have yet to appear in a Wario game.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Probably just an error, as he is now correctly placed. I remember that thing in the direct though! I found it weird as well.
You are right about that, it was an error and this was corrected in the final game (I do see the Mushroom symbol for him in the Wii U trophy on my copy of Smash).

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I agree, in that Ashley's assist probably won't be removed. Hell, almost none will, unless overwhelming fan backlash for someone like Takamaru started flooding in. Mona has basically the best shot for a Wario rep, except for maybe Captain Syrup (RIP Wario Land :'( ) or Waluigi, who's already an assist.
That's exactly how I've been feeling lately. I think people REALLY want to vote for Ashley, but due to her being an Assist Trophy character and all, she isn't too likely to be removed as an AT just to be playable now, and as a result, Mona seems to be showing up as everyone's most voted Wario rep, aside from Captain Syrup, that is. Nonetheless, Mona was, and still is, my most wanted Wario rep after Wario himself, so here's hoping she makes it as DLC!

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
If she becomes DLC, I seriously hope that she retains her biker outfit. It's clearly her most original and iconic outfit.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If she becomes DLC, I seriously hope that she retains her biker outfit. It's clearly her most original and iconic outfit.
This, and who wouldn't want to see what awesome physics they would use for her fluffy coat. The fur textures could be on part with what they did with Dedede's outfit in Smash.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
She better have it. I'd be down for other outfits too, but there better be the biker one up front.
If Wario had his biker outfit as a default costume, then why not her? That would also open the door for a possible Overalls Mona alternate costume in Smash. :troll:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
If Wario had his biker outfit as a default costume, then why not her? That would also open the door for a possible Overalls Mona alternate costume in Smash. :troll:
Better: Mona with Wario's biker outfit!

She have enough costumes to have all of her 8 "colors" unique models anyway.

Marrow

3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
If that's the case, then Overalls mona would be the frontrunner and biker mona would be in the back :troll:

Yeah, like her two Mona Pizza outfits, her rockstar clothes, cheer leader uniform, park worker clothes from snapped, DIY temple explorer clothes, and her photographer getup from the ever-so-meh Game and Wario!

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Better: Mona with Wario's biker outfit!

So MIHHBO (Mona In Her Hubby's Biker Outfit)? Cool, it would be quite the fanservice for those who played the first WarioWare game.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Not Wario Land though... :'(
Well, technically, he is, with the Warioland music. And, somehow, Wario's Victory animation. It's just a shame that he decided to inspire Wario solely on WarioWare.

This decision is probably not unrelated to Sakurai's concern of Wario possibly being to close to Mario back in Melee.

Marrow

3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
Well, technically, he is, with the Warioland music. And, somehow, Wario's Victory animation. It's just a shame that he decided to inspire Wario solely on WarioWare.

This decision is probably not unrelated to Sakurai's concern of Wario possibly being to close to Mario back in Melee.
Ehh, i don't really see that last part. Just change his side-b to a shoulder bash and he'd be all good, Wario Land and all.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That's the thing with Sakurai: Anti-Wario land bias is also as big as his Kid Icarus/Star Fox bias. Though it might as well not be as big as his bias against Ridley's inclusion (No pun intended).

Top Bottom