• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I got nothing in that case.
Don't feel bad about it. Also I see a few Daisy fans are disappointed for her not showing any relevance in the titles shown in the E3, keep in mind that these where already in development before the ballot kicked in, I'd say we'd have to wait until late 2015 or 2016 to see if they truly listened to us, why so late? So that the votes and demand in the ballot fully sink in.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Don't feel bad about it. Also I see a few Daisy fans are disappointed for her not showing any relevance in the titles shown in the E3, keep in mind that these where already in development before the ballot kicked in, I'd say we'd have to wait until late 2015 or 2016 to see if they truly listened to us, why so late? So that the votes and demand in the ballot fully sink in.
She's probably going to be in Mario Tennis and one of the costumes in 8-bit Mario Maker.

I wouldn't worry too much. Nintendo's E3 was a crushing disappointment for nearly everyone.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
She's probably going to be in Mario Tennis and one of the costumes in 8-bit Mario Maker.

I wouldn't worry too much. Nintendo's E3 was a crushing disappointment for nearly everyone.
She is gonna be in Ultra Smash since she a shoe in all the spin-offs, even in small roster spin-offs.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
She is gonna be in Ultra Smash since she a shoe in all the spin-offs, even in small roster spin-offs.
This, the only time any of the key spinoff characters were removed was Waluigi's absense in Mario Kat 7. The fact that he was removed due to programming issues with his legs literally screamed bull**** since we wound up with the likes of Honey Queen in the game.

Please tell me that I'm not the only one who hated that bee's inclusion in Mario Kart. >.>

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
This, the only time any of the key spinoff characters were removed was Waluigi's absense in Mario Kat 7. The fact that he was removed due to programming issues with his legs literally screamed bull**** since we wound up with the likes of Honey Queen in the game.

Please tell me that I'm not the only one who hated that bee's inclusion in Mario Kart. >.>
Was Waluigi really cut from MK7 due to his legs?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Was Waluigi really cut from MK7 due to his legs?
Yes, that's the actual excuse the developers used when he worked just fine in Mario Kart DS. Sounds like pretty poor development from the same developer that worked on Donkey Kong Country Returns (sure it's actually a different team, but still).

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Yes, that's the actual excuse the developers used when he worked just fine in Mario Kart DS. Sounds like pretty poor development from the same developer that worked on Donkey Kong Country Returns (sure it's actually a different team, but still).
Oh, so the "Peach's dress is too hard to animated" bullsh*t they gave before...geezus Nintendo....

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Source? This is maybe why the racers have less bombastic tricks in MK7 compared to Wii and 8

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
"This was a one-time instance to pay tribute to the SNES original and nothing more. Koopa Kid is retired.

Yasuyuki Oyagi"

So that's why Bowser Junior wasn't in Mario Kart 8 because they thought he wasn't relevant enough to be playable character. And to think the Koopalings being in and Junior being absent was for the sake of making Koopaling fanboys happy. Still the best explanation on Waaaaaaaa's absence from the game.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
"This was a one-time instance to pay tribute to the SNES original and nothing more. Koopa Kid is retired.

Yasuyuki Oyagi"

So that's why Bowser Junior wasn't in Mario Kart 8 because they thought he wasn't relevant enough to be playable character. And to think the Koopalings being in and Junior being absent was for the sake of making Koopaling fanboys happy. Still the best explanation on Waaaaaaaa's absence from the game.
Isn't Koopa Kid the mini-bowser from Mario Party before BowJou came along?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
This guy:

Yeah, thing is where I come from they were called Mini-Bowsers. I don't know if that means that Bowser uses child soldiers or is Dr. Evil.

HanAmes

Smash Ace

Yasuyuki Oyagi"

So, why would Waluigi be 'expendable,' while Metal Mario and Honey Bee Queen be perfectly fine?? I believe their reasoning is flawed...because I'm pretty sure Waluigi has more fans than Honey Bee Queen.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
So, why would Waluigi be 'expendable,' while Metal Mario and Honey Bee Queen be perfectly fine?? I believe their reasoning is flawed...because I'm pretty sure Waluigi has more fans than Honey Bee Queen.
Because as you know before the ballot kicked in, they were having serious favorism issues, and I think who I am referring to, again we'd have to wait until late 2015 or 2016 to see if they truly listened to us.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
For Metal Mario, he was more of an appetizer that would be a quick to make character and he's based on a popular power-up (Plus Smash). He would be proven popular enough to stay for the next Mario Kart since Japan literally worships him. Honey Queen though, they were literally scraping at the bottom of the barrel. Having random Mario NPC's in the roster can work if done right and this was an example of trying and failing.

King Boo and Petey Pirahna in Double Dash worked since the former was from a well received spinoff starring Luigi and the latter was one of the few memorable things that originated from Sunshine. Honey Queen however was a forgettable character that barely any fan of Super Mario Galaxy cares for and her inclusion made fans hate her more. From the annoying voice to her unwanted appearance, it is a miracle that she never returned in Mario Kart 8 (Plz don't have her as DLC).

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
For Metal Mario, he was more of an appetizer that would be a quick to make character and he's based on a popular power-up (Plus Smash). He would be proven popular enough to stay for the next Mario Kart since Japan literally worships him. Honey Queen though, they were literally scraping at the bottom of the barrel. Having random Mario NPC's in the roster can work if done right and this was an example of trying and failing.

King Boo and Petey Pirahna in Double Dash worked since the former was from a well received spinoff starring Luigi and the latter was one of the few memorable things that originated from Sunshine. Honey Queen however was a forgettable character that barely any fan of Super Mario Galaxy cares for and her inclusion made fans hate her more. From the annoying voice to her unwanted appearance, it is a miracle that she never returned in Mario Kart 8 (Plz don't have her as DLC).
I am still hoping for the Daisy Circuit from Wii to come back as DLC, I want to see those statues in HD!

HanAmes

Smash Ace

Oh well, things can always be worse, they could make Honey Queen as DLC for Smash.:troll:

Daibon

Smash Rookie
May I be added to the Daisy support list? I'm kinda new to this place though I've been lurking this thread for a while now.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
May I be added to the Daisy support list? I'm kinda new to this place though I've been lurking this thread for a while now.
Welcome fellow lurker! You might have noticed that the thread absolutely boomed in April due to the ballot!

Daibon

Smash Rookie
Welcome fellow lurker! You might have noticed that the thread absolutely boomed in April due to the ballot!
Yeah that's basically how I've come to know this place. I really like how respectful people can be on this site than many others...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Welcome to the club, I've made sure to add you to the list since I'm finally up. And yeah, we've been getting bigger since April because it's more than enough for us fans to strike back and make ourselves known.

Daibon

Smash Rookie
Welcome to the club, I've made sure to add you to the list since I'm finally up. And yeah, we've been getting bigger since April because it's more than enough for us fans to strike back and make ourselves known.
Thanks! Even though this was talked about a while ago, I'm so happy that Daisy got featured twice in the reveal and from what I've seen, a lot of people are acknowledging her in a different way.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Thanks! Even though this was talked about a while ago, I'm so happy that Daisy got featured twice in the reveal and from what I've seen, a lot of people are acknowledging her in a different way.
If the recent stuff is anything to go by( eShop, art book) then yeah, but let's wait more and see what.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
What reveal? The Rio Olympics?
I believe so, the only trailer of anything Mario related where she's heavily prominent.

Speaking of Mario & Sonic, I've rewatched the new trailer and saw Sticks the Jungle Badger playing Archery. At least we have one new character revealed (albeit teased), but I didn't expect a Sonic Boom character to be featured in a Modern Sonic prominent game.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I believe so, the only trailer of anything Mario related where she's heavily prominent.

Speaking of Mario & Sonic, I've rewatched the new trailer and saw Sticks the Jungle Badger playing Archery. At least we have one new character revealed (albeit teased), but I didn't expect a Sonic Boom character to be featured in a Modern Sonic prominent game.
Then the female Sonic reps are even more inbalanced with the Mario reps

Zapster

Smash Apprentice
I would like to be added too please. I have been for Daisy since day one. Together hopefully nintendo will finally listen and make her playable!

Top Bottom