• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
Wasn't there something about Luigi/Daisy in the Sochi Olympic Games? I can't remember.

Also, what would you guys predict for the Smash Direct tomorrow? We obviously know about Ryoy and (maybe) certain Mii Fighter costumes. Anything else that could be different?

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Wasn't there something about Luigi/Daisy in the Sochi Olympic Games? I can't remember.

Also, what would you guys predict for the Smash Direct tomorrow? We obviously know about Ryoy and (maybe) certain Mii Fighter costumes. Anything else that could be different?
Just a special ending animation in the Figures Pairs Skating, Luigi puts his hand on Daisy's waist and she puts her hand in his shoulder, they don't do that with any other character, just hope this time in Rio 2016 they actually give them a special victory animation as a team overall for all team events.

Hoping they show something related to alts.

Nyuu

Smash Rookie
Exactly. And hopefully if that E3 leak turned out to be true about SPP 2, Daisy is there as a protagonist.

EDIT: Would someone be so kind as to explain why some fans ship Bowser x Peach? I am pretty sure the "Beauty and the Beast" logic does not apply here, as he only kidnaps her to take over her kingdom by force.
I believe most of that stems from Bowser stating that he has affections for Peach. This is mostly noted in the Mario RPG games (Mario RPG, Paper Mario Series, Mario & Luigi series), but is also seen in other games like Mario Sunshine. Although I feel Nintendo has stated this is an unrequited love, some people may still pair the two because they feel Peach may be hiding her feeling for him. This is what I've gathered from being within the Mario franchise a lot.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
I believe most of that stems from Bowser stating that he has affections for Peach. This is mostly noted in the Mario RPG games (Mario RPG, Paper Mario Series, Mario & Luigi series), but is also seen in other games like Mario Sunshine. Although I feel Nintendo has stated this is an unrequited love, some people may still pair the two because they feel Peach may be hiding her feeling for him. This is what I've gathered from being within the Mario franchise a lot.
Guess that kinda solves the mystery of Peach getting kidnapped all the time without her exercising some kind of defensive measures against him, not to mention, inviting him to go karting, sports, etc.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Well that still does not add up. Because this pretty much is shown to be a joke pairing at best, I can't believe there are still fans who believe that Peach is Jr's mother when Bowser and Miyamoto himself have said that she is not.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Guess that kinda solves the mystery of Peach getting kidnapped all the time without her exercising some kind of defensive measures against him, not to mention, inviting him to go karting, sports, etc.
She is too nice and girly and forgiving for her own good.

Nyuu

Smash Rookie
Well that still does not add up. Because this pretty much is shown to be a joke pairing at best, I can't believe there are still fans who believe that Peach is Jr's mother when Bowser and Miyamoto himself have said that she is not.
I never quite got that myself. Jr. even says at the end of Mario Sunshine that he knows Peach isn't his mama.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I never quite got that myself. Jr. even says at the end of Mario Sunshine that he knows Peach isn't his mama.
You know how fans can be, they'll believe in what they want even if there is 100% solid and concrete evidence that they are wrong.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I mean.

The ESRB leak is equally valid.

But Ridley's shadow was the first one that came to mind and honestly created the larger rift in the Smash fanbase.
Wasn't the ESRB leak months later afterwards? That was the fans breaking point, until DLC was up in question, sadly...

And, not to judge, but if he was shown off as soon as the first Pyroshpere PotD, than all that would have been avoided, imo.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Wasn't the ESRB leak months later afterwards? That was the fans breaking point, until DLC was up in question, sadly...

And, not to judge, but if he was shown off as soon as the first Pyroshpere PotD, than all that would have been avoided, imo.
THE ESRB leak was like... 1 month before release.
And I was in the party who was sure he was a boss in April. That's just me.

Dat Daisy tho.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

Another thing I ask myself: Why do fans vote for him in the ballot when his status as boss leaves him out completely? Do they really want him in Sma5h?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Sssssssshhhh, we do not speak of the dark ages. It's practically like how the Ghirahim fans came up with the Trophy Theory to hope for his playability (only for the Assist Trophy to happen).

Another thing I ask myself: Why do fans vote for him in the ballot when his status as boss leaves him out completely? Do they really want him in Sma5h?
The thing with the Smash Ballot is that is also effects future Smash releases (As implied by the Japanese website). So in a way, voting for an AT pretty much sets them up to be considered for the next roster.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Pretty much, yeah. If it means anything to Sakurai and Nintendo, it's a message to them that they are not content with him have a boss role for the sake of a boss role, so the are going to let it be known they want him as a playable fighter, whether as Smash 4 DLC or more realistically, Smash 5.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Sssssssshhhh, we do not speak of the dark ages. It's practically like how the Ridley fans came up with the Trophy Theory to hope for his playability (only for the Pyrosphere Boss to happen).
Fixed it for you.

Or when Impa fans immediately tried to claim the Theory pointed to them after Ghirahim was confirmed as an Assist Trophy.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Pretty much, yeah. If it means anything to Sakurai and Nintendo, it's a message to them that they are not content with him have a boss role for the sake of a boss role, so the are going to let it be known they want him as a playable fighter, whether as Smash 4 DLC or more realistically, Smash 5.
Same with us Daisy fans, we don't want her just as a trophy and an insulting pallete swap.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Same with us Daisy fans, we don't want her just as a trophy and an insulting pallete swap.
Yeah, pretty much a good comparision. Ridley fans see him as a reasonable rep of the Metriod series, and Daisy in that same vain is fit for a spot for the Mario series.

Despite what was said from Sakurai, if the effort is put into these characters, they can become playable if him and the team really tried.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Yeah, pretty much a good comparision. Ridley fans see him as a reasonable rep of the Metriod series, and Daisy in that same vain is fit for a spot for the Mario series.

Despite what was said from Sakurai, if the effort is put into these characters, they can become playable if him and the team really tried.
See, here's the thing.

A PROPER Alt for Daisy would be perfectly fine representation for her, imo.

Just like Ridley as a boss, even if it is somewhat lack-luster.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
See, here's the thing.

A PROPER Alt for Daisy would be perfectly fine representation for her, imo.

Just like Ridley as a boss, even if it is somewhat lack-luster.
Maybe so. But for a game made to please the fans, it just depends if Sakurai would do something the fans want more.

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
Just hope they do just that the next time they update with DLC.
From what I've read/avoided reading about Royu, it seems they put in effort. Apparently, Roy isn't a Marth clone anymore and Ryu has some form of customization.

If only they would add custom moves for Mewtwo...

So, uh, I drew this yesterday.

I also drew deliciously plump Striker Daisy, too.
These look great!

Last edited:

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for sounding impatient, but how long would the development team take to make a proper Daisy alt? I would say a week or two, maybe even less

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
That's relatively my guess, more like a month's time to guarantee everything properly works and stuff.
Even for a costume? Would the Daisy alt glitch out and make her look tacky or something?
...or would it take awhile to add the flowers and change the Peach model to a Daisy model?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Even for a costume? Would the Daisy alt glitch out and make her look tacky or something?
...or would it take awhile to add the flowers and change the Peach model to a Daisy model?
Well, when it comes to making models (something I'm somewhat a novice at), it should really only take a week at best to make sure the model is properly rigged and works without issues. my point was for the playtesting and such to make sure everything does work right to Peach's model bones so nothing can go wrong and look off if Daisy were to get a more unique model instead of how it was in Melee.

It's more likely like you said, about 1-2 weeks at best, but I'm not a professional at game design (yet) to know how well something can go without problems coming up, even for just making a alt of Peach.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
If there is any more Mario characters, the only one I want to see is Daisy!

I admit we have a lot of Mario characters, but just saying what if there is that one more Mario character... Well then it better be Daisy, other than Daisy I don't want to see anymore Mario characters added.

I main Daisy in Mario Kart and now its time for Daisy to join the battle in Super Smash Bros!

After all its kind of stupid having Peach and Rosalina, but no Daisy... We need all 3 of them!!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If there is any more Mario characters, the only one I want to see is Daisy!

I admit we have a lot of Mario characters, but just saying what if there is that one more Mario character... Well then it better be Daisy, other than Daisy I don't want to see anymore Mario characters added.

I main Daisy in Mario Kart and now its time for Daisy to join the battle in Super Smash Bros!

After all its kind of stupid having Peach and Rosalina, but no Daisy... We need all 3 of them!!
Agreed, agreed, agreed. Who says that we can't have another spinoff superstar in the game and a badass Mario princess in the roster? We need most of the Mario All Stars in Smash anyways since few are missing and Daisy is one of them.

Added you to the list, by the way.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Here is my DLC prediction (with some already confirmed, of course).

Mewtwo
Lucas
Ryu
Roy
King K Rool
Wolf
Daisy
Toon Zelda + Tetra (cannot transform into each other, and are separate characters, but I'm assuming they'd be released in the same DLC pack)

Do you agree with my prediction? Or no? I don't think Krystal and Dixie will become DLC because as if I've said, if King K Rool and Wolf get in, I don't think there would be more DLC of the same series.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Ooooh, those fanboy's salt will go good with my fries, I just know it.;) I hate 'em too.

But, for Captain Toad, they just MIGHT give him a jumping ability, because, before Smash 64, Link couldn't jump, either...(except for Zelda 2 for the NES, and with the Roc's Feather, so I guess I just debunked my own theory, then...:facepalm:) Now in every Smash game, Link is jumping all over the place, packed with a sword, a shield, a boomerang, infinite bombs, bow & arrows, and a hookshot. Link's legs must be made of steel!:eek:
Both Link, Kirby and sometimes Sonic uses hammerspaces (and so does Mario).

I don't believe in game theories...Rosalina, the daughter of Peach and Luigi...? Please...~_~;
Same here. Rosalina isn't the daughter of anybody. I don't take other people's theories seriously, as they are too screwed up (more than even the "official" shippings, if you want my opinion).

LOL Game Theory. Anyone who takes them serious are either gullible or stupid. :laugh:
Agree. This is why I mostly do my own theories instead of relying on others' theories.

Never forget.
There's so much wrong things in this photo:
- Luigi with Rosalina? ... not possible in the slightest, since she's immortal (at least this photo proves Rosalina's real size).
- Why are they even with the Toad Brigade?! These guys are either part of Peach's servants, or are simple inhabitants of her kingdom, therefore there's no reason for them to be alongside Luigi (since Mario saves the Toads more often) and Rosalina (since they are inhabitants of Peach's kingdom).
- WHY ARE THEY EVEN IN FRONT OF PEACH'S CASTLE?!

My point exactly.

Mewtwo
Lucas
Ryu
Roy
King K Rool
Wolf
Daisy
Toon Zelda + Tetra (cannot transform into each other, and are separate characters, but I'm assuming they'd be released in the same DLC pack)

Do you agree with my prediction? Or no? I don't think Krystal and Dixie will become DLC because as if I've said, if King K Rool and Wolf get in, I don't think there would be more DLC of the same series.
Actually, even if Wolf gets in, they could add Krystal in the same DLC pack to please the fans... and I don't think a sub-series like the DK series need more playable representation. (I don't care what you may say about it, because everything point to the fact that the DK series as a sub-series of the Mario series... Also, since he's not confirmed yet, and since he doesn't have any leaked data pointing to his inclusion, I don't see why you've put him in that list, other than the fact that he has a lot of fans voting for him)

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

Mewtwo
Lucas
Ryu
Roy
King K Rool
Wolf
Daisy

Well if the item trophies are anything to go by, Daisy would have the same shot as Dixie Kong does. Maybe they are the two ??? slots

Top Bottom