• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Miyamoto said Rosalina was big at first and became smaller?

Ridley confirmed! :troll:
I don't see HOW is that line of logic confirmed exactly. Technically, she was just a bit bigger than Bowser in Galaxy (according to her size when you see her in the observatory comet). Ridley in Smash 4 is at least THREE times bigger than Bowser in Galaxy.

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Ridley is a banana compared to the sheer size of Rosalina. Look at her when the galaxy is reset!
WHEN THE GALAXY IS RESET?! ... That would mean any inhabitant from said galaxy is smaller during the reset time, which meant that, when the galaxy was reset, all of the said galaxy's inhabitants were smaller, meaning that Rosalina was at a "normal" size during that cut-scene, since she wasn't affected by the "galaxy resetting".

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Ridley is a banana compared to the sheer size of Rosalina. Look at her when the galaxy is reset!
Meh. Not impressed in the slightest. Seen better, don't get why some of her fans think she is the most powerful character Nintendo has to offer, they are obviously forgetting Kirby who would pretty much stomp her in a fight.

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
Meh. Not impressed in the slightest. Seen better, don't get why some of her fans think she is the most powerful character Nintendo has to offer, they are obviously forgetting Kirby who would pretty much stomp her in a fight.
Would Palutena be stronger? I'm sure even Pit could take her down if he had the right weapons...

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Would Palutena be stronger? I'm sure even Pit could take her down if he had the right weapons...
Link too. And possibly Zelda. Not to forget to mention Samus and *insert gigantic list of almost every Nintendo character that has the needed moveset potential to be in Smash Bros, and of almost every character that got into Smash Bros at least once*

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
Link too. And possibly Zelda. Not to forget to mention Samus and *insert gigantic list of almost every Nintendo character that has the needed moveset potential to be in Smash Bros, and of almost every character that got into Smash Bros at least once*
...Pichu?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You mean the same puffball that threw Popon to the sun and back with his frying pan?

Yeah, Kirby isn't called Sakurai's Broken Tough Puff for nothing. :laugh:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
You mean the same puffball that threw Popon to the sun and back with his frying pan?

Yeah, Kirby isn't called Sakurai's Broken Tough Puff for nothing. :laugh:
I have horrible memories of the Infinite Pounding Jigglypuff.

Back on topic. I can't stop thinking about Miyamoto saying "Peach is the only main female character the series needs" (don't quote me on this). Maybe it's because Daisy was created by the "B-team"?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Back on topic. I can't stop thinking about Miyamoto saying "Peach is the only main female character the series needs" (don't quote me on this). Maybe it's because Daisy was created by the "B-team"?
We have to remember, Nintendo in general normally favors any Mario game that isn't a spinoff and Super Mario Land (unfortunately). And the B team that even made the latter even hated developing the game (Which would result in Wario's creation).

Maybe there ought to be some huge movement or any other way to show that there's demand for Daisy's role to be expanded. If the Daisy support in the Smash Ballot isn't good enough, then I don't know what more can be done now that Club Nintendo is going away soon.

Speaking of Club Nintendo, am I the only one who expects to hear more about its replacement in a future direct?

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
We have to remember, Nintendo in general normally favors any Mario game that isn't a spinoff and Super Mario Land (unfortunately). And the B team that even made the latter even hated developing the game (Which would result in Wario's creation).

Maybe there ought to be some huge movement or any other way to show that there's demand for Daisy's role to be expanded. If the Daisy support in the Smash Ballot isn't good enough, then I don't know what more can be done now that Club Nintendo is going away soon.

Speaking of Club Nintendo, am I the only one who expects to hear more about its replacement in a future direct?
Perhaps. I was thinking the same thing too. As for the first thing; I have a feeling they are indeed listening to us, the recent stuff that is happening might be small and subtle hints, guess we'll know for sure later on.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

Hmm...Wario was in a "B-team" game, and he's in Smash.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
But don't you find it a little odd they COMPLETELY jetisonned the Wario Land series? In favour of WarioWARE?

I seriously want a Classic Wario with his Wario Land moves and abilities. I mean, we got Zedla/Sheik, Mario/Dr Mario and Samus with and without clothes her power suit.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
He used to be a B team until he would be popular enough to star in his own games that expanded upon Super Mario Land's gameplay and introduced mechanics that would make him stand out (transformations). Even though the Wario Land games were pretty underrated compared to Super Mario Land, fans warmed up to these games since they found his adventures cooler.

This would also lead into another group of developers to make the WarioWare games to reintroduce him in a new setting with short crazy minigames. Even thought the Wario Land fans hate them, they exist as a way of fleshing out his character and expanding his universe. After all, the concept came to be because the director described Wario as doing stupid things in his older appearances.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I don't see HOW is that line of logic confirmed exactly. Technically, she was just a bit bigger than Bowser in Galaxy (according to her size when you see her in the observatory comet). Ridley in Smash 4 is at least THREE times bigger than Bowser in Galaxy.
May wanna recheck that.

Mario to Bowser in Smash 4 is 3-4 times smaller than Mario to Bowser in Super Mario Galaxy.

By comparison if you took Mario size next to Samus's size in Smash 4.

(Which, fyi, Samus and Bowser in this game are almost the same height here,)

Ridley's size in Other M wouldn't be any much more bigger than Bowser in Galaxy, if not a bit smaller.

Ridley is roughly the same size if not a bit bigger in Smash by comparision to OM Ridley. Bowser in Galaxy should be the same size, and this is when he's usually his average size in the Mario games. Most of the other times, he's much bigger than Ridley ever can be, even to his Meta Ridley form (and no I don't mean what's in Smash 4, that doesn't exist in Other M)

This is canonically Ridley's biggest incarnation, about 1.5x bigger than his normal form which would make him still like 4-5 times bigger than Samus, to normal sized Ridley being like at minimium 2-3, 3-4 times bigger at best.
Which even than, that's still smaller than Bowser's biggest forms,

Just wanted to say. Point in case, Smash Bros fan base has made Ridley much bigger than he actually really is. Out of all the Metroid bosses, he's the smallest one. And compared to Bowser, he's just about the same size, if not just a bit smaller or bigger, depending on either Ridley's form (Meta) or Bowser's forms (Galaxy 2 or Sunshine)

Just to say my thoughts, I'd think Palutena would be more powerful than Rosalina, as Rosie may not of had much experience with fighting capabilities than what Palutena could do in Kid Icarus (even if she was being controlled I guess). But they are essentially both goddesses, so I would just say they should be the same in power levels.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
May wanna recheck that.

Mario to Bowser in Smash 4 is 3-4 times smaller than Mario to Bowser in Super Mario Galaxy.

By comparison if you took Mario size next to Samus's size in Smash 4.

(Which, fyi, Samus and Bowser in this game are almost the same height here,)

Ridley's size in Other M wouldn't be any much more bigger than Bowser in Galaxy, if not a bit smaller.

Ridley is roughly the same size if not a bit bigger in Smash by comparision to OM Ridley. Bowser in Galaxy should be the same size, and this is when he's usually his average size in the Mario games. Most of the other times, he's much bigger than Ridley ever can be, even to his Meta Ridley form (and no I don't mean what's in Smash 4, that doesn't exist in Other M)

This is canonically Ridley's biggest incarnation, about 1.5x bigger than his normal form which would make him still like 4-5 times bigger than Samus, to normal sized Ridley being like at minimium 2-3, 3-4 times bigger at best.
Which even than, that's still smaller than Bowser's biggest forms,

Just wanted to say. Point in case, Smash Bros fan base has made Ridley much bigger than he actually really is. Out of all the Metroid bosses, he's the smallest one. And compared to Bowser, he's just about the same size, if not just a bit smaller or bigger, depending on either Ridley's form (Meta) or Bowser's forms (Galaxy 2 or Sunshine)
Close enough, but it also depends on which form they are in. In Smash, Bowser is using one of his smallest forms, so... yeah, Ridley's still out.

NNID
Samyatang
Hey, so, this is completely unrelated and (probably) doesn't mean anything, but...why the heck are Peach's shoes yellow with her "Daisy" palette? Last time I checked, Daisy's shoes are red...And I thought Peach's Daisy palette couldn't be any more inaccurate since Brawl. =P

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Close enough, but it also depends on which form they are in. In Smash, Bowser is using one of his smallest forms, so... yeah, Ridley's still out.
Don't wanna get into a "Ridley in Smash" debate, as Ive done my time with that being on this site for nearly one year apart of the speculation of it all, but if your going with "Bowser's smallest size", which I guess you're talking about his size in the first three Mario games (that's the smallest Bowser ever been in the mainstream Mario games) than Metroid 1's Ridley would count.

Just saying, I was pointing out why people keep saying Ridley's bigger than he actually is thanks to Smash Bros, not about him being playable. That's Sakurai's choice to do, and he thinks he's not workable due to his "proportions" not his general size.

Hey, so, this is completely unrelated and (probably) doesn't mean anything, but...why the heck are Peach's shoes yellow with her "Daisy" palette? Last time I checked, Daisy's shoes are red...And I thought Peach's Daisy palette couldn't be any more inaccurate since Brawl. =P
In Smash 4?

Well, I'm checking Daisy shoes color but I don't see anything red, unless I'm missing something... It's mostly showing orange shoes, if that's what you mean...

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Don't wanna get into a "Ridley in Smash" debate, as Ive done my time with that being on this site for nearly one year apart of the speculation of it all, but if your going with "Bowser's smallest size", which I guess you're talking about his size in the first three Mario games (that's the smallest Bowser ever been in the mainstream Mario games) than Metroid 1's Ridley would count.

Just saying, I was pointing out why people keep saying Ridley's bigger than he actually is thanks to Smash Bros, not about him being playable. That's Sakurai's choice to do, and he thinks he's not workable due to his "proportions" not his general size.
I see, thanks for the info. Also, I doubt they used Metroid 1's Ridley's size. If anything, they used Other M's Ridley's size.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
@ PrincessDaisyFanForGood PrincessDaisyFanForGood

EDIT: I checked and I couldn't really find anything that shows Daisy with red shoes. Guess I'm missing something, I've never really got to see Daisy's attire fully before, but the only things I've found that seems to fit is her Classic outfit.

Still kinda orange looking though. And this little cutie.

...I want this...

But yeah, that's really the closest thing to red I've seen, I guess because her dress outfit seems to cut out her feet in the renders, I couldn't get to tell for sure. :p

And unrelated, but man do I love Daisy's design.

This is imo, the best Daisy design I've even seen... that face...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If anything, the hair is what really bothers me since Daisy's got a darker shade of orange than .... whatever the hell color Sakurai gave the current palette.

Don't get me started on the missing flower ornaments from Melee's palette swap....

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
If anything, the hair is what really bothers me since Daisy's got a darker shade of orange than .... whatever the hell color Sakurai gave the current palette.

Don't get me started on the missing flower ornaments from Melee's palette swap....
That was something I noticed myself, and I agree that it's distracting that it's not the same brunette color...

And yeah, now that I look at it, this is even Daisy's original outfit in the first place, I just thought it was Peach's outfit with Daisy's colors, and her flower ornaments added to it. It's even got the pink crown.

Now I'm actually wondering why did they remove that much detail from her alt in the later games for if she wasn't planned to be playable...

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
That was something I noticed myself, and I agree that it's distracting that it's not the same brunette color...

And yeah, now that I look at it, this is even Daisy's original outfit in the first place, I just thought it was Peach's outfit with Daisy's colors, and her flower ornaments added to it. It's even got the pink crown.

Now I'm actually wondering why did they remove that much detail from her alt in the later games for if she wasn't planned to be playable...
Maybe they didn't want to spend more than 10 minutes making a reference to Daisy. The flower ornaments would actually require work to be put on......

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Maybe they didn't want to spend more than 10 minutes making a reference to Daisy. The flower ornaments would actually require work to be put on......
As me being a novice 3D modeler and rigger, it shouldn't take me more than 10 mins to add those details in, let alone "professionals" doing it, it should take less than 5. And (although this may not work like this in Smash Bros, they may have to switch entire models to have added details for a character) in Other M, Samus's model was layered to have both Samus in her Zero suit, and her Power Suit on top of it, making it seem like it's coded to show the Suit on or off in game, I assume. All they would have to do is add flower ornaments over the places where they would be on Peach's model, and have a code (when you switch to the Daisy alt) to show them and vola, more accurate Daisy alt.

So I'd just say either due to laziness to just make things more simple for a Peach alt, or...maybe some other reason...

Last edited:
NNID
Samyatang
Wow. Just...freaking wow. Would it really have been so hard for them to add some flipping flower petals to Peach's Daisy alt? xD

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just checked the Facebook and kudos for the new Vote for Daisy pic.
Just to show how far fans are willing to go to show their support. And the best part is that she's also a Rosalina fan too (proving that there are fans who are fine with all three princesses being in the game).

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Just to show how far fans are willing to go to show their support. And the best part is that she's also a Rosalina fan too (proving that there are fans who are fine with all three princesses being in the game).
So i noticed! One of my brothers is a Rosalina fan and even he asks himself why they did not at least put Daisy in Sm4sh at least as a real alt.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
As me being a novice 3D modeler and rigger, it shouldn't take me more than 10 mins to add those details in, let alone "professionals" doing it, it should take less than 5. And (although this may not work like this in Smash Bros, they may have to switch entire models to have added details for a character) in Other M, Samus's model was layered to have both Samus in her Zero suit, and her Power Suit on top of it, making it seem like it's coded to show the Suit on or off in game, I assume. All they would have to do is add flower ornaments over the places where they would be on Peach's model, and have a code (when you switch to the Daisy alt) to show them and vola, more accurate Daisy alt.

So I'd just say either due to laziness to just make things more simple for a Peach alt, or...maybe some other reason...
They even have loads of her voice clips in disposal. Although they might have not bothered to change the particle effects. Or it might be a "Wario" situation.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
By this logic, does that mean that Kirby can pretty much stomp the whole roster? Especially after what happened in Deathbattle?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
By this logic, does that mean that Kirby can pretty much stomp the whole roster? Especially after what happened in Deathbattle?
Nearly half of the whole roster could kick each others ass if the game wasn't balanced for a Smash game.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yes, just imagine if Ganondorf can't really be killed by the roster or if Palutena can just destroy the entire arena with her powers. Then we might as well rename the game J-Stars Victory Vs and add Goku and Arale as a guest characters. :troll:

Zapster

Smash Apprentice

Yes old Daisy is the most beautiful in my pinion. I don't like the orange. I likes her tan skin and yellow, white and turquoise motif in the original... Granted the pink crown was fugly tacky and her hair looked lame... Now she looks all Peach-Cloney because their dresses are practcally the same. Daisy is more of a tomboy. Yes a princess would wear a dress but one like Daisy would more than likely wear a sundress. It suits her more. She's supposed to be more an exotic country anyways that's sunny most of the time. (Hey, put Daisy in Mario Sunshine! She could be the co-staring Princess in the sunshine series and Rosalina in the galaxy! Actually use Daisy Nintendo!)

It would be pretty if they changed her eye color to be the sea foam turquoise like they are on her gems. Brings her features together more, distinguishes her more from Peach and gives her a more lively disposition. Nintendo is all Asian culture though and wants all the girls to be blanches (≧∇≦)

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Yes, just imagine if Ganondorf can't really be killed by the roster or if Palutena can just destroy the entire arena with her powers. Then we might as well rename the game J-Stars Victory Vs and add Goku and Arale as a guest characters. :troll:
Palutena was at least "Crippled" in defeat by a flightless angel.

Top Bottom