• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

WillLi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Syaoran05
It's not like these characters are free though. And making a character doesn't take as much effort as making fifty characters plus stages plus game modes.
Well like I said, the dev team has been reduced. And you have to think about the time and Nintendo too. Let's say Mewtwo was made by a team of 20 people over the course of 3 months. If 100 thousand of him were purchased that would get roughly 400,000 USD. At first that sounds like a lot, but half of that goes to Nintendo itself. most likely, then theanother 25% probably goes to operating cost, and maybe finally the last 25%(100,000) actually comes out as pay. which for those 20 people would be 5,000 each for 3 months work. Which is a pretty reasonable salary but nothing amazing.

Granted those might not be anywhere close to the real numbers, but it's just to show how fast money can disappear when you work with lots of people and as a subsidiary company.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Well like I said, the dev team has been reduced. And you have to think about the time and Nintendo too. Let's say Mewtwo was made by a team of 20 people over the course of 3 months. If 100 thousand of him were purchased that would get roughly 400,000 USD. At first that sounds like a lot, but half of that goes to Nintendo itself. most likely, then theanother 25% probably goes to operating cost, and maybe finally the last 25%(100,000) actually comes out as pay. which for those 20 people would be 5,000 each for 3 months work. Which is a pretty reasonable salary but nothing amazing.

Granted those might not be anywhere close to the real numbers, but it's just to show how fast money can disappear when you work with lots of people and as a subsidiary company.
We are still paying for the character though. Maybe Mario Kart 8 has spoiled me with it's ridiculously high-value DLC and the ability to play as Princess Daisy with the Sport Bike from the moment I boot up the game :sadeyes:

WillLi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Syaoran05
We are still paying for the character though. Maybe Mario Kart 8 has spoiled me with it's ridiculously high-value DLC and the ability to play as Princess Daisy with the Sport Bike from the moment I boot up the game :sadeyes:
Yeah we still gotta pay, thankfully it's not like MMOs though there they make you pay like 10$+ for a character.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I think that Evolve's DLCs is a good case of recents over priced DLCs.

Or Batman Arkham Knight's Season Pass. Seriously. 40 dollars / euros.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Lookee here, I just remembered an old video from 7 years ago which reveals Daisy's *true* ( :psycho: ) nature:

(Cute remix of Super Mario Land's theme at the beginning too)
Looks like she's venting off some steam in preparations of killing Puppetmon Geno.

What? I'm just having a wild imagination with the character and her struggles. :troll:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
What time is it? It's yuri time @ Tilk Tilk . :troll:

As for me, I'm done with the image and would like to see what you guys think of the dialogue I'm going for. Be wary for which it needs to be spoiler'd for the usage of a certain word pertaining to parentless children, but I'm sure you guys are obviously mature enough to handle it and there shouldn't be any kids in this thread. :p

Last edited:

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707

Oh I'm always the stereotypical gay girl huh?

Lol. Jk.

I'm flattered at the same time as being confused.

So I'm Just going to leave this here:

Love Ya'll!! ^_^ <3

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I swear, I don't know what's going on anymore.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I swear, I don't know what's going on anymore.
This is what happens whenever we are boarded or if nobody has any more ideas to discuss about the character. :laugh:

Though the good news is that I've made even more Daisy propaganda to share on the internet, plus a new friend of ours is planning on making a well thought video about the subject of voting for Daisy. He should be done making it some time during the beginning of next month given that it takes a while to make some well thought videos like those (And we're giving him ideas of what art he can use for it like the ones that fans like me have made).

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
This is what happens whenever we are boarded or if nobody has any more ideas to discuss about the character. :laugh:

Though the good news is that I've made even more Daisy propaganda to share on the internet, plus a new friend of ours is planning on making a well thought video about the subject of voting for Daisy. He should be done making it some time during the beginning of next month given that it takes a while to make some well thought videos like those (And we're giving him ideas of what art he can use for it like the ones that fans like me have made).
*cough* I think it's obvious he should emphasize her busty nature. *cough*

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
*cough* I think it's obvious he should emphasize her busty nature. *cough*
I've talked with him about that and he's personally avoiding it since the Tumblr SJW's would be offended or anyone who isn't male wouldn't take his pleas to vote for her seriously.

Though if you really want to, you might as well as @AceTechHD himself since the video is still in the planning stages. ;)

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
I've talked with him about that and he's personally avoiding it since the Tumblr SJW's would be offended or anyone who isn't male wouldn't take his pleas to vote for her seriously.

Though if you really want to, you might as well as @AceTechHD himself since the video is still in the planning stages. ;)
Sigh.... Some people.

Yeah. I guess I understand that not many straight females would take Daisy very seriously in that sense... But then again, you're mainly appealing to the large male demographic and the incredibly small lesbian demographic. (that would be me)

Kana

Smash Rookie
Wow. Finally found a thread to post a lot in.

I'm a huge fan of Daisy. :3

Sigh.... Some people.

Yeah. I guess I understand that not many straight females would take Daisy very seriously in that sense... But then again, you're mainly appealing to the large male demographic and the incredibly small lesbian demographic. (that would be me)
You're not alone there gurl. X3

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wow. Finally found a thread to post a lot in.

I'm a huge fan of Daisy. :3

You're not alone there gurl. X3
Welcome to the Daisy Gardens Hideout and I am the owner of this very club. With your name now bestowed on our ever expanding Support List, you are now an honorary member of the Daisy Club.

You can feel free to talk about anything Daisy related while stating your ideas for what her attacks or moveset should be. Feel free to have some fun or crack a few jokes about our princess's flowery bosoms as long as they aren't too intense. We do have a huge Daisy fan who is working on a video in hopes of spreading the word and giving us more supporters akin to the resurgence of votes that Geno had been receiving since the ballot's announcement. We also make plenty of Daisy related propaganda which I highly encourage many people to share all over Twitter, Tumblr, and many more so that Daisy can be known to many fans.

With that being said, welcome to the club Kana. :)

Last edited:

Kana

Smash Rookie
Welcome to the Daisy Gardens Hideout and I am the owner of this very club. With your name now bestowed on our ever expanding Support List, you are now an honorary member of the Daisy Club.

You can feel free to talk about anything Daisy related while stating your ideas for what her attacks or moveset should be. Feel free to have some fun or crack a few jokes about our princess's flowery bosoms as long as they aren't too intense. We do have a huge Daisy fan who is working on a video in hopes of spreading the word and giving us more supporters akin to the resurgence of votes that Geno had been receiving since the ballot's announcement. We also make plenty of Daisy related propaganda which I highly encourage many people to share all over Twitter, Tumblr, and many more so that Daisy can be known to many fans.

With that being said, welcome to the club Kana. :)
Thank you for such a warm welcome! I'm floored really..

I thought support for Daisy was non existent until I read this thread. ^^
That being said, I'm not too keen on chatting about statistics and all that... So... Yeah.

I'm also seeing that there seems to be a bit of a support for the LGBT community which I myself am part of.

Looking forward to meeting everyone! ^^

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Thank you for such a warm welcome! I'm floored really..

I thought support for Daisy was non existent until I read this thread. ^^
That being said, I'm not too keen on chatting about statistics and all that... So... Yeah.

I'm also seeing that there seems to be a bit of a support for the LGBT community which I myself am part of.

Looking forward to meeting everyone! ^^
Daisy support in general does exist, but we are usually overshadowed by more popular choices like Captain Toad and Geno (Plus Mario #3 in paper form). Part of the reason why we barely seem that vocal is due to the usual Smash jerks that would use the clone excuse and say that there are more deserving characters that spinoff garbage like her. Though that's a subject I'll safe for latter since I have some matters to deal with my girlfriend tonight. :rolleyes:

Though again, you can feel free to talk about anything Daisy related her and it doesn't always have to do with chances or statistics of her ole inclusion. We can go crazy with the all the cute fanart of her or talk about the times that we would kick butt as her in your favorite Mario spinoffs. So feel free to meet us at our craziest and see why our thread had been kicking since the year 2012 before its resurgence in popularity.

The more LGBT fans, the better. We rarely have any of those who were as active in these parts of Smashboards, except one mode who is a great speculator (Too bad he has to become one with the Cloudy Kingdom in the Sky last year due to an accident :cry:). We are a safe community where little to no discrimination happens and such people were banned a long time ago. Again, you won't regret hanging out with us until the day the ballot closes. ;)

Megakoopax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Supermario196
3DS FC
2320-6609-3767
To be honest the arguments that are used against Daisy can also be used against Rosalina, Though I think Daisy may be an unlikely choice she still has a good chance at being playable since she isn't an assist like Waluigi (cry) . If Sakurai could make Rosalina and Bowser Jr have a unique moveset they can make Daisy have a great moveset too.

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Daisy support in general does exist, but we are usually overshadowed by more popular choices like Captain Toad and Geno (Plus Mario #3 in paper form). Part of the reason why we barely seem that vocal is due to the usual Smash jerks that would use the clone excuse and say that there are more deserving characters that spinoff garbage like her. Though that's a subject I'll safe for latter since I have some matters to deal with my girlfriend tonight. :rolleyes:

Though again, you can feel free to talk about anything Daisy related her and it doesn't always have to do with chances or statistics of her ole inclusion. We can go crazy with the all the cute fanart of her or talk about the times that we would kick butt as her in your favorite Mario spinoffs. So feel free to meet us at our craziest and see why our thread had been kicking since the year 2012 before its resurgence in popularity.

The more LGBT fans, the better. We rarely have any of those who were as active in these parts of Smashboards, except one mode who is a great speculator (Too bad he has to become one with the Cloudy Kingdom in the Sky last year due to an accident :cry:). We are a safe community where little to no discrimination happens and such people were banned a long time ago. Again, you won't regret hanging out with us until the day the ballot closes. ;)
Wait. She said LGBT. 0.0

Oh boy.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wait. She said LGBT. 0.0

Oh boy.
Looks like you found yourself a new friend, haven't you? :smirk:

To be honest the arguments that are used against Daisy can also be used against Rosalina, Though I think Daisy may be an unlikely choice she still has a good chance at being playable since she isn't an assist like Waluigi (cry) . If Sakurai could make Rosalina and Bowser Jr have a unique moveset they can make Daisy have a great moveset too.
True, this one of the many flaws that argument has and not many people even notice it. Dark Pit and the other clones were last minute additions or originally planned to be alts at first. With Roy coming back, he would most likely be Luigi-fied hard despite the fact that Marth's moves (Like his neutral special) had been tweaked to look different. So there's a chance that Sakurai can make her fully unique instead of making her a full on clone with all this unlimited development time for DLC.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
*comes in*

Quick somebody give me that "Homer goes in and out the bush" gif to use now.

*slowly back away*

Jk, maybe we could get Daisy at the top of the nom list in the RTC thread and when Daisy's being rated, whip out movesets and write-ups and drawings and stufff.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

What did I walk into? :laugh:

:231:
Just the result of people being bored again and having no real topic to talk about. At least we got ourselves a new supporter and someone is working hard on an informational video that talks about why Daisy is a good choice for DLC. :p

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's a topic. Do you ever think they'll do a wave two of Mario Amiibos so we get Rosalina, Wario, Donkey Kong, Waluigi, Toadette and of course, Daisy?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Here's a topic. Do you ever think they'll do a wave two of Mario Amiibos so we get Rosalina, Wario, Donkey Kong, Waluigi, Toadette and of course, Daisy?
Since Mario is the poster child of Nintendo, I don't see why they can't do it soon. Since all the Smash Amiibos are technically half way complete, I can see them moving on to other games like Mario Party 10 for special Amiibos since we already have the special Splatoon ones that recently sold out.

Amiibos are huge, popular, and sold even better in comparison to Skylander and Disney Infinity NFC figures. Nintendo must seriously not want any money if they don't make another wave of Super Mario Amiibo based on Daisy and the other unrepped Mario cast. I can already see ones like her and Rosalina selling out if Mariotehplumber hopefully doesn't get his filthy fanboy hands on them.

Last edited:

WillLi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Syaoran05
Amiibo aren't too popular in japan though, there are a lot of figure based game things in japan, too many actually, and a lot of them are money grubbing like Disney Infinity was. You practically had to buy multiple figures to play the game right and it's really desensitized Japan to the stuff it seems.

Rather than new amiibos though personally I want a game that really uses the amiibo, not like you require them to play (or maybe you do if it's a free to start download game) but something that has amiibo as the focus, rather than as a tacked on special feature. Right now Amiibo are selling so hot because they're Nintendo(and Nintendo knows how to make a hype machine) and because the promise of "Works on more than one game" But if it turns out that promise is really "Works on more than one game as a almost insignificant extra" (I'm looking at you Ace combat) then the love for them is gonna die.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Amiibos aren't too popular in Japan probably because their quality really pales compared the kind of figurines that other companies there like Nendoroid, Figuarts and others make.

The amiibos had to be mass produced, so they don't do so hot in the looks department.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Amiibos aren't too popular in Japan probably because their quality really pales compared the kind of figurines that other companies there like Nendoroid, Figuarts and others make.

The amiibos had to be mass produced, so they don't do so hot in the looks department.

Just imagine, half of the mass produced Daisy Amiibo would either have wrinkled dresses or derpy expressions on their face due to the low quality of the figures. Such a thought would make anyone tremble in fear due to how much of a waste it would be.

Most of my Amiibo look perfect, but the same couldn't be said for that imported Wii Fit Trainer I've ordered from EBay. *shudders*

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Just imagine, half of the mass produced Daisy Amiibo would either have wrinkled dresses or derpy expressions on their face due to the low quality of the figures. Such a thought would make anyone tremble in fear due to how much of a waste it would be.

Most of my Amiibo look perfect, but the same couldn't be said for that imported Wii Fit Trainer I've ordered from EBay. *shudders*
The Marth Amiibo has a ridiculously derpy face.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Same thing went for Dedede, which had a literal derp face with the crossed eyes.

I was seriously trying to forget that thing even exists. :urg:
Well even if Daisy doesn't make it in (which is horribly likely) there is still the Super Mario series of Amiibo!

Speaking of Super Mario series Amiibo....why hasn't Nintendo announced Wave 2 yet?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Speaking of Super Mario series Amiibo....why hasn't Nintendo announced Wave 2 yet?
Probably waiting for the release of another major Mario spinoff title (which might be a bit too unlikely). Knowing how recent Mario Party 10 is, they would give the game about 6 months until they announce the next set of Super Mario Amiibo featuring the other half of the roster.

All except for Koopa and Spike since generic enemies don't deserve their own Amiibo. :troll:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master

As someone who went to Japan (and a figure maniac), I can understand that. Akihabara's stores are FULL of figures of all kinds (not a scoop), and lots, LOTS of them are well done. Even small things, like keychains.

Take these for examples:

It's not over 3 cm, and... Well, they are so good! (also, you don't know which one you get when you buy it... And I discovered that there's tons of little things like this in Japan!)

The examples of Nendoroids or Figmas is already different. You can almost buy 3 Amiibos for one Nendoroid. And, well, prepainted figures (and not posable) are... Well... More expensive.

BUT you get this kind of quality. (and exceptionally, I'll avoid something with bewbs :awesome:) For this, you can buy several amiibos, I'd say 8 of them.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I hope more amiibo are announced at E3. Mario Season 2 and Star Fox (maybe Zelda) are likely in my books.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I hope more amiibo are announced at E3. Mario Season 2 and Star Fox (maybe Zelda) are likely in my books.
Sounds like something they should have did to begin with since the very announcement of Hyrule Warriors. They could at least make it where every character gets a new weapon bars on what specific Amiibo is used in the game. For example, Fi's new weapon would be the Shadow Blade and her general appearance had been changed into that of a feminine WW's Phantom Ganon. And maybe using a Zelda Ganondorf Amiibo means that Ganon will finally use his trident from his Phantom and Pig forms respectively. Seems too good of an idea for Nintendo to pass.

Top Bottom