• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hmm....
Sounds cool! Add me to the list of supporters and I'll make converstations or something.
As you wish, newest member of the Daisy Garden Hangout. :)

*poof*

Now that you're on the list, is there any other things that you would want to talk about? It can be some ideas that you might have as in what Daisy should wear in her Smash appearance or what type of playstyle she would have.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
I think that Daisy should have a moveset based on the spin-off sports games of the Mario franchise, such as Strikers or the basketball games. She could use items from those games. She'd basically be Mario Kart in a character. At least, that's what I think.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I think that Daisy should have a moveset based on the spin-off sports games of the Mario franchise, such as Strikers or the basketball games. She could use items from those games. She'd basically be Mario Kart in a character. At least, that's what I think.
That's the type of idea that many of us have in mind since her abilities from such titles would make for a great moveset. Flowerbed Return (Mario Power Tennis), Flower Swing (Mario Super Sluggers), Crystal Smash (Mario Strikers Charged), Torpedo Strike (Super Mario Strikers), Flower Shot (Mario Hoops 3-on-3), and some of her Mario & Sonic abilities if needed.

Her normal attacks can involve the more tomboyish reflection of Peach's attacks like pul kicks and punches with a hint of sports material. Some Mario Kart items would make for great specials like the Blue Shell Slayer Super Horn and or Double Dash's Heart item (Which can absorb any projectiles and give her the option of tossing it back at them).

The Mega Strike would be the very obvious Final Smash for her since it literally suit her competitive nature and Strikers is too good of a game to get so little references in her moveset. I can see her jumping into the air and aiming the 6 Striker Balls at the stage "Grenade Launcher-style" so that no Kritter Goalie can same them now. :laugh:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
That's the type of idea that many of us have in mind since her abilities from such titles would make for a great moveset. Flowerbed Return (Mario Power Tennis), Flower Swing (Mario Super Sluggers), Crystal Smash (Mario Strikers Charged), Torpedo Strike (Super Mario Strikers), Flower Shot (Mario Hoops 3-on-3), and some of her Mario & Sonic abilities if needed.

Her normal attacks can involve the more tomboyish reflection of Peach's attacks like pul kicks and punches with a hint of sports material. Some Mario Kart items would make for great specials like the Blue Shell Slayer Super Horn and or Double Dash's Heart item (Which can absorb any projectiles and give her the option of tossing it back at them).

The Mega Strike would be the very obvious Final Smash for her since it literally suit her competitive nature and Strikers is too good of a game to get so little references in her moveset. I can see her jumping into the air and aiming the 6 Striker Balls at the stage "Grenade Launcher-style" so that no Kritter Goalie can same them now. :laugh:
I think Heart should be a DSmash with a mini-GPull effect.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
You know, Grass was an attack type in Brawl, similar to fire, electricity, darkness, etc. (used only by Ivysaur), although it's no longer in Smash 4. Daisy, Isaac and Ivysaur (if he somehow returns) could make good use of that effect.

:231:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You know, Grass was an attack type in Brawl, similar to fire, electricity, darkness, etc. (used only by Ivysaur), although it's no longer in Smash 4. Daisy, Isaac and Ivysaur (if he somehow returns) could make good use of that effect.

That's what I was thinking given that several of he attacks would be flower based. With Ivysaur out of the picture and Isaac possibly stomping the pool, both him and Daisy probably would be the only characters with grass based attacks in their moveset.

I think Heart should be a DSmash with a mini-GPull effect.
That's an option since we don't that many fighters with a Down Smash that actually sucks their foes inside for racking damage. It would be a perfect competitive move for building damage before following up with a combo. :p

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
That's what I was thinking given that several of he attacks would be flower based. With Ivysaur out of the picture and Isaac possibly stomping the pool, both him and Daisy probably would be the only characters with grass based attacks in their moveset.

That's an option since we don't that many fighters with a Down Smash that actually sucks their foes inside for racking damage. It would be a perfect competitive move for building damage before following up with a combo. :p
Hmm..does Mewtwo's Confusion count as a trap? (This character is quite fun to use once you get the hang of it)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hmm..does Mewtwo's Confusion count as a trap? (This character is quite fun to use once you get the hang of it)
Yes, because you disable your opponent's movement and it enables you to attack that character with the right move. It's especially useful when the opponent's damage is high and if you attack him/her while they're down.

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
I support Daisy! She's the character I main the most in Mario spin-offs. Plus, she appeared in Super Mario Land and as a secret playable character in Super Mario 3D World, so I would LOVE to see her in Smash (and not just as a friggin' palette change or alt skin, because Daisy has WAY more potential than just that!). All those who dares a different opinion... well, I'll get the facts ready to counter any counterargument to mine.

AceTechHD

Smash Cadet
NNID
AceTechHD
Thank you to everyone who helped make this video possible I'm happy to present Daisy For Smash 4 The Video lol enjoy :D

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Thank you to everyone who helped make this video possible I'm happy to present Daisy For Smash 4 The Video lol enjoy :D
Seen it and the final video is actually well done. Not only you;'ve talked about her full history of how she became her own character, but you made some great points as to why Daisy should;t be a clone. Your moveset idea was pretty great, but that intro..... never before have I've laughed so hard (In addition to the appropriate use of Daisy's voice clips). Great job for your efforts and giving us credit for our involvement.

Not only that, but I've also shared this video on various parts of the internet so many can take a look at it. It's just one of those videos that both Daisy's fans and haters should take a look at before they even think about judging us. So in a way, I've done my part for now and I hope the other Daisy supporters are planning on doing the same thing.

I support Daisy! She's the character I main the most in Mario spin-offs. Plus, she appeared in Super Mario Land and as a secret playable character in Super Mario 3D World, so I would LOVE to see her in Smash (and not just as a friggin' palette change or alt skin, because Daisy has WAY more potential than just that!). All those who dares a different opinion... well, I'll get the facts ready to counter any counterargument to mine.
Thanks for showing your support, fellow Daisy fan. Just give me a few seconds and you'll be on our ever growing support list. ;)

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
I support Daisy in the way that if I want King K. Rool for president of DLC newcomers, I also want Daisy for vicepresident of DLC clones/alts. The way I see it, if Roy from Fire Emblem makes a return as a clone, then Daisy should appear as a clone (at least). Popularity beats overrepresentation of a series. And Daisy stands in the top 20 of many public polls at least.

Making her a clone of Peach starts with changing the hearts for flowers of course. Thinking stuff that would make her feel like a different character is where the challenge is at (though that didn't stopped them with Dark Pit). Peach is floaty and light, medium low speed character. Daisy could be faster, but I couldn't imagine her being lighter.

Of course, having an original moveset is not out of question. But Im only wishing small for now and I would honestly be satisfied with her being a just a clone.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I support Daisy in the way that if I want King K. Rool for president of DLC newcomers, I also want Daisy for vicepresident of DLC clones/alts. The way I see it, if Roy from Fire Emblem makes a return as a clone, then Daisy should appear as a clone (at least). Popularity beats overrepresentation of a series. And Daisy stands in the top 20 of many public polls at least.

Making her a clone of Peach starts with changing the hearts for flowers of course. Thinking stuff that would make her feel like a different character is where the challenge is at (though that didn't stopped them with Dark Pit). Peach is floaty and light, medium low speed character. Daisy could be faster, but I couldn't imagine her being lighter.

Of course, having an original moveset is not out of question. But Im only wishing small for now and I would honestly be satisfied with her being a just a clone.
Vice President Daisy? That's just one of the best things I've heard in this thread since her upbeat personality would go well in the heated world of political debates and national propaganda.

Her having some Luigi-fication with a unique Final Smash is something wouldn't oppose to either (Been a main of Falcondorf and proud). While she is known for having a different personality, she is still a counterpart to her in some way with minor similarities like the Mario Bros. Flower effects can easily suit her when it comes to attacks like the Side Special (Daisy Bomber :troll:) or Up Tilt. The way I see it is that it's the more likelier scenario to happen if Sakurai didn't want to spend time making every new DLC character that isn't a veteran unique, thus saving more time.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
if Sakurai didn't want to spend time making every new DLC character that isn't a veteran unique, thus saving more time.
I'm sorry to break it to you, but not all veterans are unique either (Mewtwo is half a clone of Lucario, half his own character. And Lucas is a Ness clone). Though I can say that Daisy has the potential for being both a clone AND a character of her own... though I imagine the later better (because the two closest to Daisy that she can be cloned from are Peach and the female Wii Fit Trainer, and even so, both have attack quirks that Daisy can't have, such as Peach's Peach Bomber being too feminine, and the female Wii Fit Trainer's Yoga poses not being a possible fit in Daisy's possible moveset, so no, the possibility of her being a clone is a bit too small, to hope for it, so I hope she's an original character).

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I'm sorry to break it to you, but not all veterans are unique either (Lucario is half a clone of Mewtwo) half his own character. And Lucas is a Ness clone). Though I can say that Daisy has the potential for being both a clone AND a character of her own... though I imagine the later better (because the two closest to Daisy that she can be cloned from are Peach and the female Wii Fit Trainer, and even so, both have attack quirks that Daisy can't have, such as Peach's Peach Bomber
This move is absolutely perfect for Busty Daisy. It literally uses the bust to attack. As I think of it, many other moves of Peach use the bust too, such as the down throw and back air....

Daisy should totally be a semi-clone!

Daisy should totally borrow some of these moves!

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
This move is absolutely perfect for Busty Daisy. It literally uses the bust to attack. As I think of it, many other moves of Peach use the bust too, such as the down throw and back air....

Daisy should totally be a semi-clone!

Daisy should totally borrow some of these moves!
The bust? ... I don't like the idea of her using that body part. I think Daisy is more like a "punch and kick" character with some sport equipment as specials or smash attacks. Her using her bust as an attack just sounds weird.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
The bust? ... I don't like the idea of her using that body part. I think Daisy is more like a "punch and kick" character with some sport equipment as specials or smash attacks. Her using her bust as an attack just sounds weird.
It could be SOOOOOO satisfying though, like Luigi's Green Missile and his Up-B! Maybe it could make the same sound when it hits.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
It could be SOOOOOO satisfying though, like Luigi's Green Missile and his Up-B! Maybe it could make the same sound when it hits.
Nope, still not satisfied of it here. It still sounds TOO weird for Daisy to use her bust, that just sounds like something a bit more feminine, and let's recall that Daisy is a tomboy.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Nope, still not satisfied of it here. It still sounds TOO weird for Daisy to use her bust, that just sounds like something a bit more feminine, and let's recall that Daisy is a tomboy.
It's also extremely aggressive to buttslam your opponent, launching them straight to the bottom of the screen when they are trying to make their recovery.

You could say that it's.....hot stuff.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Not really. Besides, if it was, why would Peach have it first?
Hmmm....it doesn't really make that much sense. But isn't Smash a fighting game, and the team had to adapt Peach to make her fighting material, hence the booty power. Doesn't Luigi share some moves with Mario?

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Hmmm....it doesn't really make that much sense. But isn't Smash a fighting game, and the team had to adapt Peach to make her fighting material, hence the booty power. Doesn't Luigi share some moves with Mario?
Luigi's moves have variations that Mario's moves does not have. Besides, even if they had to, they wouldn't implement something out of character for a certain character, right? Therefore, if this move is a tomboyish move, then Peach wouldn't have had it first.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Luigi's moves have variations that Mario's moves does not have. Besides, even if they had to, they wouldn't implement something out of character for a certain character, right? Therefore, if this move is a tomboyish move, then Peach wouldn't have had it first.
Maybe Daisy could have a variation of Peach's butt moves that have slightly different effects, like Luigi's karate chop and super jump. And how is using your butt too feminine?

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Maybe Daisy could have a variation of Peach's butt moves that have slightly different effects, like Luigi's karate chop and super jump. And how is using your butt too feminine?
I don't think that the effects are the things that makes this attack too feminine. Also about the question "how is using your butt too feminine?", I think that the "butt" part here is a little perverted, don't you think?

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Keep your weird fantasies to yourself. Thank you.:upsidedown:

Well, the fact that it looks "a little perverted" shouldn't be too mature (I wasn't just imagining things here, he used the word "butt", I just HAD to use the word "perverted" to counter such an argument).

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I usually don't mind the topic, but it was going nowhere, honestly. :p Not to mention it's never going to happen. This isn't DoA.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
I usually don't mind the topic, but it was going nowhere, honestly. :p Not to mention it's never going to happen. This isn't DoA.

I understand. I won't continue it myself (I just hope the other one won't try to continue it).

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I understand. I won't continue it myself (I just hope the other one won't try to continue it).
No worries here. I won't continue it.
But you do have to admit that KO'ing multiple enemies using the booty, Luigi's back air or Airborne Assault is satisfying in a gameplay sense

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
But you do have to admit that KO'ing multiple enemies using the booty, Luigi's back air or Airborne Assault is satisfying in a gameplay sense
I'm just gonna say one thing: It's still not satisfying in appearance (though it IS satisfying in gameplay).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So I'm gone for one night and the first heated debate happens in this thread? At least this isn't Smashchu or GoldenYuu's level of barking that I'm looking at.

I've been thinking last night about the appropriate Star KO screams that she should have that's funny and irritating at the same time. It can either the scream she makes when electrocuted in Strikers, her "Noooooooooooooo!" From Double Dash, or a drawn out version of the "Whoooaoooooaaaoooooooh!" from Mario Kart 8. I'd say the last one can work because the Double Dash one might be to similar to the "Noooooooooooo!" scream that Peach does in her Star KO animation (Plus it suits her character).

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
So I'm gone for one night and the first heated debate happens in this thread? At least this isn't Smashchu or GoldenYuu's level of barking that I'm looking at.
Ok, so, one, who are these guys? And two, I'm one for heated debate so... yeah, wherever I am (Smack Jeeves, YouTube and now here) there's a heated debate (sorry about that).

I've been thinking last night about the appropriate Star KO screams that she should have that's funny and irritating at the same time. It can either the scream she makes when electrocuted in Strikers, her "Noooooooooooooo!" From Double Dash, or a drawn out version of the "Whoooaoooooaaaoooooooh!" from Mario Kart 8. I'd say the last one can work because the Double Dash one might be to similar to the "Noooooooooooo!" scream that Peach does in her Star KO animation (Plus it suits her character).
Yeah, you're right, the "Whoooaoooooaaaoooooooh!" from Mario Kart suits more Daisy's character.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
How about...

?

Top Bottom